• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Boring news. It would be tricky to add another Pokémon's name to that title, as this time they didn't leave a hint for another star. But I can't see there not being a second star.

The fact that Genesect is shiny implies that the regular Genesect will be featured in Episode N. I guess there won't be a clear connection between the two stories, which is rather ridiculous. Who resurrected this Genesect and modified it to have the same powers as the one resurrected by Team Plasma?

The highlight is the poster with Eevee. The continued promotion has to mean something.

The bottom two links don't work for me, only the first one. Also, why are Kyogre/Groudon on the first scan?
They're only mentioned because their distribution will end once Genesect's second distribution begins. Genesect will have been distributed twice by the time the movie premieres, but I guess there will be a third distribution for the shiny Genesect. Still, that shouldn't be the main movie promotion.

Last edited:

wwwdotuporg3724214.jpg

Nyasu, is there any Pokemon you won't screw?

Also, hello again Sonansu.

wwwdotuporg3724214.jpg

Nyasu, is there any Pokemon you won't screw?

Also, hello again Sonansu.

There's been so much focus on the Eeveelutions lately. I'm beginning to believe we will be getting new Eeveelutions in the next games. Maybe they'll debut it or them in the short..

Can anyone recognize the Pokémon left to Flareon?

There's been so much focus on the Eeveelutions lately. I'm beginning to believe we will be getting new Eeveelutions in the next games. Maybe they'll debut it or them in the short..
That's a safe bet to make. Several Pokémon debuted in the Movie 1, 2 4 and 5 shorts; I wouldn't be surprised if saw more new Pokémon in addition to however many new Eeveelutions are being planned.

Genesect turns into a car.

I'm sold.

> Red Genesect
> ExtremeSpeed Genesect

Inb4 it's 3x faster than the usual Genesect.

Can anyone recognize the Pokémon left to Flareon?

That's a safe bet to make. Several Pokémon debuted in the Movie 1, 2 4 and 5 shorts; I wouldn't be surprised if saw more new Pokémon in addition to however many new Eeveelutions are being planned.

pretty sure it's Pansage...

That shiny Genesect looks so awesome. I love its design and it really does look like a car in that one poster.

More like a flying saucer. We saw this in the movie trailer in July, not sure why it's suddenly a big deal

genesecthighspeedflightform.jpg

More like a flying saucer. We saw this in the movie trailer in July, not sure why it's suddenly a big deal

The design on the front of the poster made me think more of a car or truck for some reason, but the image behind it does look more like a flying saucer. The image from the trailer doesn't really make it look like a flying saucer to me though.

The design on the front of the poster made me think more of a car or truck for some reason, but the image behind it does look more like a flying saucer. The image from the trailer doesn't really make it look like a flying saucer to me though.

Still, it's just how it flies, and they state it's faster while having a movie title with the name of a move with Speed Priority 2 in it. Logic dictates it's not a form, but a special Genesect that knows that move

Oh hey Axew and Oshawott.. what a surprise ugh.

The fact that Genesect is shiny implies that the regular Genesect will be featured in Episode N. I guess there won't be a clear connection between the two stories, which is rather ridiculous. Who resurrected this Genesect and modified it to have the same powers as the one resurrected by Team Plasma?
I think the shiny Genesect will be featured in Episode N, not the regular, that was already featured in the preview. The stories can be somewhat related: after seeing a Genesect being resurrected, some of the scientists from Black Plasma decide to resurrect another Genesect by their own.

Shiny...well played. I was figuring on a movie specific moveset, although it seems like that too. No hints, though. Oh well. The suspense remains for another two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom