• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Host Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Hi
Reaction score
Mafia Host Queue

bulbamafia3.png

*Please read the Mafia Hosting Rules before requesting to host in this thread.*​

Large Mafia Games [15+ Players]

Current Hosts: (CLOSED)

Currently Running

Pokemon BW mafia - ! Thunder Lord Z
Plants v Zombies mafia - TFSpock

Now Taking Signups

Scott Pilgrim vs The Mafia - Neonsands
The Super Smash Bros. Mafia - Icy404
Bloodshed in Blackthorn Mafia by Kirashimu

ON HOLD:

Ryuutakeshi

Next Host:
NONE

Small Mafia Games [14 Players or less]

Current Hosts: (Open)

Currently Running

Cartoon Network Mafia - Synthesis
A Different Kind of Mafia Game - Derier44

Now Taking Signups
Currently none
_________________________________________________________________________________

Work in Progress: (as of)
Coasting Wingull 1-09-11
Professor Yew 1-29-11
Twiggy 2-26-11
The Puppetmaster & Phoenicks 3-4-11
Psych 4-29-11
Mijzelffan 5-1-11
hurristat 5-11-11
Zhwoobatte 5-31-11
Boredbeyondbelief 6-10-11
Mintaka 6-13-11
Coolking503 6-16-11
Iteru 6-16-11
TFSpock 6-16-11
Rainbowkit 6-19-11
JJM 6-20-11
GengarEatBanana 7-14-11
parma 7-22-11
Flame_ 7-26-11
Opossumguy 7-27-11
Sgt.Pepper's 7-29-11

The list of people currently here have reached me at some point asking to host a mafia game. I have set up their requests in order of dates received.

For setting up a game I require that you have all rules and role PMs ready to go before you're added to the queue. This way games may begin without delay and we can move through members of the queue faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mafia Host Queue [Open Rule Discussion]

Those rules are good. Now that we have a sub-forum, up to seven games is acceptable.

(And shouldn't you be in the "Current Host" list, Snowe? xD)

Posting to say that I'm 100% ready with a mafia game, good to go at your say Snowe. I'm done with the role PMs and everything.

First off, I think 7 Games is a bit too much. People tend to go overboard when joining, and there aren't enough people. Also, so that some people don't get into all games, and others dont get into any, I think a priority system so people it limits people. If you are in one game, everyone who isn't in one will get into one before yours. Subbing out counts against priority. Thoughts?

I also think that the games should have to be approved by someone who is reasonably knowledgeable about mafia after they look at the format etc. Of course they cant join, if they approve it. This way heavily inbalanced games cant be played and games will be, you know, more balanced and bad ideas will be weeded out.

Actually, I was thinking that if I should host a game, I'd accept people that are playing (or hosting) in fewer mafia games at that moment. If that becomes an official rule, I think it will be acceptable.

EDIT: Wait... I'm not saying that I want less than seven games to be hosted at once. That's a fine number. I'm just saying that we can limit the number of games each person plays at once. But I think people know that their PM box has limits, so they will choose which games to sign up for xD

Last edited:

In my opinion, I think seven is perfect. We trust people will be responsible, mature, and intelligent when singing up. I know I can handle three at the most. So I'll pick my three favorites out of what I'm given. And I encourage you all to get others inspired to join.

As for a reviewer... We'll talk.

Posting to say a couple of stuff, 1. Can I post my mafia game?
2. I feel posts should be counted here especially due to the fact these are actually intellectual games

I think posts are counted here, for the meanwhile anyway. It should explain my postcount going up by at least 50 overnight.

I think posts are counted here, for the meanwhile anyway. It should explain my postcount going up by at least 50 overnight.

I got exactly 100 added. :D

I think we should put what the game is next to the person who is hosting it so that if people want to play, they know which games to go with.

I was at around 800some until today morning. But this is probably the reason why posts still shouldn't count here. This sort of idle chitchat.

Oh yeah, now that falconwing is over I guess I should randomize my roles and the playerlist and get the show started, eh?

7 at once doesn't seem that bad. It gives others a chance to play too if the regulars don't grab the slots. Even though I probably will end up doing that if there is no rule...

I can't believe how much I've posted here though. 150 or something posts if I'm correct.

For some weird reason posts are not adding for me

For some weird reason posts are not adding for me

They aren't supposed to.

I also agree with Rayne's limit.

They added up quite a bit for coolking?

And why aren't they being added? I see no reason why they shouldn't

I'm working on a new mafia game. I'm still not statisfied with all the roles though. I need a little more uniqueness so to say...

So you can add me to the "work in progress" list.

7 games? So does that mean I can post my game up right now?

I'm about to start on my mafia game, does anyone know what Club Penguin is? Feel free to add me to the work in progress list.

Hellion, yes, that means you can post your game now.

I may have to change a few things, and I'm sure Phoenicks will help sort this out, but he plans to parse his current game into 3 micro mafia games consisting of 8-12 players. I allowed for the extra buffer to incorporate this, but understanding there are more commonly single host mafia games and multiple games under one host will clog their chances of participating, we may have to impose a host limit rule as well.

And Badal, since you already got it on the board I'll give you a verbal warning this time, but next time please follow the queue.

Also, the reason post counts went up is that by default, the posts did count in here. When I moved over all the old mafia games into this thread, the counter was on so it added to your posts. The counter was turned off after it went public so all subsequent posts won't count any further.

Hey, I'm working on a game and I'm looking for thoughts.

You see, the twist to mine is that there's possibly going to be two mafia groups that are working to not only kill each other, but to also kill the townspeople.

Do you think it will be workable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom