• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia of the Mages- 9-20-12 ENGAME: MAFIA WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-1-12 Night 1: Tense Bedfellows

You had nothing to worry about since the only vote on you was Synthesis and he changed that to Phoenicks

But I got one if not thee first vote and I was worried people might jump on the bandwagon. The first day is so pointless, it's just a random guessing game usually swayed by jokey votes. No lynch was the best way to go.

You had nothing to worry about since the only vote on you was Synthesis and he changed that to Phoenicks

But I got one if not thee first vote and I was worried people might jump on the bandwagon. The first day is so pointless, it's just a random guessing game usually swayed by jokey votes. No lynch was the best way to go.

First day doesn't usually have bandwagons just random voting, unless there seems to be someone as mafia, then there may be a bandwagon to lynch them.

I agree. The first Day Phase should be where nobody gets lynched. At least everybody gets a chance to say something.

-_- Whether or not you agree with a no lynch on Day 1, it happened. Can we save the debate on the validity of the strategy for somewhere more apropriate?

I do believe that the mafia philosophy thread is actually for this very thing.

It was a calm, quiet night. The wind lazily blew around the mountain peak and clouds floated slowly across the crescent moon. The hallways of Castle Blackmoor swam with lunar light, casting shadows over every alcove and archway imaginable.

She had gotten out of bed for an important mission. During the previous day she had noticed that there was a rare plant growing in the castle greenhouse, far in the west wing of the castle. The plant was a Nightflower. It opened its hard petals only to absorb the ghostly light of the moon. It was a powerful alchemical ingredient and could be used in a variety of ways. She intended to use it to mix up a potion that might just save her life.

He slid out from the shadows and stalked her down the hallways, cloak billowing wraithlike behind him. He slid a small packet of powder into his hand as his target walked into the greenhouse. He saw her cauldron had already been set up.

The tall figure ghosted behind her, slitting open the packet as he moved. He raised his arms and coated her in as much of the powder as he could.

She turned around, but he had already vanished into the shadows. She did not detect the coating that was sprinkled all over her robes. She plucked the flower and quickly went to light the cauldron.

She cast a simple cantrip, a spell to light a small fire.

The fire sprang to life.

A spark landed on her cloak.

With a cry of pain and terror, the woman's body burst into flames, washing out the moonlight in ugly orange color. By the time the others had found her, she had burned to death.

Mwto, You are the Alchemist.

alchemist.jpg

There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this role. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. But Harry Potter quotes aside, that is exactly what you are here to do.

Your potion making skills don't usually register to most people as magic, but magic potions are a staple in every wizard laboratory. This is your trade, your art, your passion. And you can make whatever potion you want. Go ahead. Make any potion you can think of. Experiment. Get creative. Every night you can brew a potion and see just what magical concoction you have let loose on the world. Just... try not to burn the castle down.

To use your ability, PM me with the message, “Night X- Brew [potion]”

You are Good Aligned. You win when all who are Evil Aligned are dead.

“I feel as though no quote can be said here to make up for the flavor text above...”

Mwto was killed.

It is now DAY 2!

Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-2-12 Day 2: Double Double Toil and Trouble

:lol: I love you

Seems like any kind of potion could have been brewed, but obviously he didn't get the chance. Could have been a very dangerous role...I wonder if this was the result of a misclaim?

Or maybe the mafia are trying to incriminate someone.

Well, that sucks. That could have been a really neat role!

WELL, THAT'S A SHAME. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A FUN/HELPFUL ROLE TOO.

....AND I'M TALKING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I APPARENTLY ENJOY YELLING. RAWR.

LIKE I SAID, I'LL TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE FROM THIS POINT ON.

WELL, THAT'S A SHAME. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A FUN/HELPFUL ROLE TOO.

....AND I'M TALKING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I APPARENTLY ENJOY YELLING. RAWR.

LIKE I SAID, I'LL TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE FROM THIS POINT ON.

Let me guess: some weird role thing?

@VeloJello; THE TERM YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IS PROBABLY 'POST RESTRICTION'

A less strict version of silencing, I suppose?

A less strict version of silencing, I suppose?

Silencing is usually a Mafia-aligned role which makes it so that the person cannot post the next Day. A post restriction is a restriction placed upon you by your own role. You either must post a certain way, or must post a certain way to use your ability.

Silencing is usually a Mafia-aligned role which makes it so that the person cannot post the next Day. A post restriction is a restriction placed upon you by your own role. You either must post a certain way, or must post a certain way to use your ability.

I have seen some roles that can make others have a post restriction, while role blocking then. (Skyward Sword and rainbows anyone?)

That is a very cool role. It seems the limit was only the user's imagination. I wonder if you could have said something like Night X - Brew Lie Detector Potion (or in more wizardly parlance Veritaserum).

Seems like any kind of potion could have been brewed, but obviously he didn't get the chance. Could have been a very dangerous role...I wonder if this was the result of a misclaim?
What do you mean? Like mwto claimed to the wrong person?

@Kaustic;
There have been roles that force another user to use a post restriction. But from the way Exor worded it "AND I'M TALKING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I APPARENTLY ENJOY YELLING" I'd bet it's because of his own role.

EDIT: ...and ninja'd by Joltik xD

Hi. It's Day. Normally I'd have a top FOS, but nobody's responded much and all I have are towntells. I'm going to random lynch and test your reaction. I'm telling you this because none of my attempts to get reactions that didn't involve telling you what I was doing worked.

Vote: Mako

That sounds like an effective strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom