• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

@Spectrum Achromatic; Please stop being rude.

hqdefault.jpg

Don't worry. If you flip town, we'll know for sure your top suspect is mafia.

This is not about the game. You insult me by coquettishly pretending you're respecting my wishes. You think mentioning is important then deliberately don't mention me -- because I disagree. Are you trying to tweak me? Buoy and Froakie both corrected my mistake; they weren't rude about it.

This is my first mafia game in several months and I'm trying to have fun. This is not an appeal to emotion or an attempt to derail the thread. I am genuinely perturbed. I am genuinely asking you to politely stop.

And (moving back to the game) to provide some reasons for why you're voting me.

Unvote: Noivern

Vote: JJM

Noivern deserves suspicion for his nothing posts but I don't want to be lynched and don't think Harpy can be lynched. Froakie made a fair point -- why hasn't JJM been subbed?

This is a placeholder for now and I would like to get back to scumhunting to find a more serious lynch target.

Wow so much to read through. I'm not mentioning or quoting since I'm on my phone and sorry if I miss anything.

I claimed after getting opinions because I wanted reactions. I'm not afraid to out my role because mafia would be detrimental to themselves if they night kill me and would only help town if they did. Same for town. I said I'm helping town because of no outside communications and because of a personal vendetta against mafia night killing me a indep.

I won't tell the persons name unless town finds the role scummy.

Also I don't like how spectrum is viewing Mijz as cleared after his actions d1.

And yes buoy I see the role as more mafia beneficial

EDIT: that steal part if explaining my role was a typo at first I thought my role said steal but before posting I re read and saw it said borrow. I thought I edited all steal words out

If you're going to treat yourself as a townie anyways, why shouldn't the mafia kill you?

It all pretends at being very pro-town until "let me survive to endgame no questions asked".

yeah i'm gonna ask again @Spectrum Achromatic; @Harpy; @CrackFox;
(not noivern because he admitted he was voting simply because of the bandwagon)
Why are you voting for Phoenicks? Spectrum provided no reason with her vote, and the other two claimed something to do with being pro-town???? agressive???? wanting to find scum???? those of us who aren't hopping on this bandwagon are very confused by the whole thing so a clearer explanation would be appreciated.

also on the whole noivern thing..... i really don't think there's any compelling evidence that noivern is scum this time around. of course he's being a distraction to the town (i have not understood a single one of his posts this game tbh) but his posting style is the exact same it was in his first slot and pressing him for new information isn't going to provide us with anything new rather than the same riddles. so although we could lynch him now, chances are he'd flip town and even though he's being less than useful it'd be a waste of a lynch in my opinion.

and also for those targeting JJM there are plenty of other players who've posted never or once who should also be mentioned, i feel we're getting too much of the same voices in here so we need to bring the other guys in if we want to be a successful town

Vote: Harpy
simply put i don't believe you and let's leave it at that

Last edited:

Sorry for not being active (like, at all). Life and laziness got in the way. I'll try to read what I can of the thread.

And about Harpy's claim, assuming she's telling the truth, the mafia would definitely ignore her for nightkills since she's basically not Town.

I'm inclined to believe her though for the moment, at least until she can prove herself.

But if she's treating herself as town, why wouldn't they want to kill her?

If she's not treating herself as town, why shouldn't we get rid of her?

If the mafia don't want to kill her then we can't trust her.

If mafia don't want to kill me then its because they don't want to waste a night kill and probably hope to use me as a way for town to waste a day phase lynching me

VOTE: Buoy

This will prove my ability if everyone decides to vote me. Well at least that I temporarily have another's ability and if buoy turns up maf then that will assure me of Phoenicks as maf considering how much buoy has been defending him. Plus Phoenicks has been getting really upset over a few of us attacking him even though its part of mafias. Also note how he is trying to incriminate me but won't vote me. I believe the only reason buoy is voting me is in hope of me mislynching a townie

@Harpy;

a) Answer my question please :)
b) So (without unvoting the person you voted first) you're moving on to someone else? The only reason you have provided for voting Buoy is "he wants to mislynch me". What makes Buoy scum?

I'm going to take a time-out to review my actions in thread so please don't talk to me for the time being. I need some time to think things over and see what I can do.

Thank you.

unvote: Phoenicks

If mafia don't want to kill me then its because they don't want to waste a night kill and probably hope to use me as a way for town to waste a day phase lynching me

If this logic holds then playing independent should be easy: "I'm independent and it's in everyone's interests to let me win."

Either you're with the town or you're not. If you are with us -- great! -- then you are a viable nightkill.

This will prove my ability if everyone decides to vote me. Well at least that I temporarily have another's ability and if buoy turns up maf then that will assure me of Phoenicks as maf considering how much buoy has been defending him. Plus Phoenicks has been getting really upset over a few of us attacking him even though its part of mafias. Also note how he is trying to incriminate me but won't vote me. I believe the only reason buoy is voting me is in hope of me mislynching a townie

-Everyone who's not voting for me has defended me

-I'm not voting you because you said yourself that votes will reflect off of you

-(and I won't take that risk unless our #2 lynch is also scummy)

(The rudeness I have felt is not something I will stand. I am not appealing to emotions, juggling for position, or trying to make a deal out of it. I would say the same if it was directed at anyone else. Can we please drop it?)

Okay, town: who are we going to lynch if not harpy and (I hope) not myself?

I want to wait on JJM still -- the same logic of no substitution applies, and I feel more bad than good about the one post he did make. (More gut feeling than anything serious.)

But if she's treating herself as town, why wouldn't they want to kill her?

If she's not treating herself as town, why shouldn't we get rid of her?

If the mafia don't want to kill her then we can't trust her.

Mostly because she doesn't count to their win condition. But if she's too pro-town (which she isn't right now), then they might go for her. And it's not like they can form an alliance with her behind our back. So usually, at least in the early stages of the game, the independents are going to be inclined to help Town.

And of course we can trust Harpy if she's willing to help us. Why shouldn't we??

And apparently I didn't get subbed because there weren't any active subs (other than HumanDawn but I don't know if he's available right now or not).

Okay. While you were responding to my suspicions did you look at the rest of the thread?

Unvote: Phoenicks

Vote: J J M

I don't like the sound of J J M doing things behind the scenes, too. I might be joining a bandwagon, but that's a reason I'd agree to.

what does that even mean? what is jjm doing behind the scenes? where are these words coming from i don't understand

I don't like the sound of J J M doing things behind the scenes, too. I might be joining a bandwagon, but that's a reason I'd agree to.

Doing things behind the scenes? Wat.

vote: harpy

Let's see how this vote-bouncing trick works. Though I wouldn't be surprised if harpy is mafia and she's just gonna get someone to redirect the lynch to the person who'd have the highest votes if the bouncing thing were real.

VOTE: Buoy

I don't entirely know what to say. You haven't actually accused me of anything other than trying to 'mislynch a townie', which sort of contradicts your independent claim -- I know you pretty much cannot be a townie at this point, otherwise you wouldn't have claimed independent, so there goes that accusation. Oh, yeah, I forgot, I'm voting a claimed independent in hope that she actually turns out town and me and my scumbuddies score a mislynch! As well as that, if I turned up mafia, that doesn't make Phoenicks mafia -- just because I 'defended' him, that doesn't automatically make us mafia together if one of us turns out to be mafia. He could be townie, and I could be defending him as mafia to get him to trust me. I'm not, but you can't leap to conclusions and assume you're right, which I've noticed is one of your favourite pastimes in these games.

Besides, I highly doubt it reflects everybody's vote back onto them -- unless it's an x-shot ability, that's way overpowered for any alignment. Your reluctance to out the person you 'borrowed' (strange that you missed that detail the first time) the ability from, despite you personally finding it scummy, and and despite other players saying it to be scummy, is suspicious. Besides that, you're independent, and you're trying to get a potential townie lynched so you, as an independent, can PROVE your ability, so people will believe your role. You're trying to help the town, and we don't necessarily need you to prove your role by trying to kill one of its members. There's nothing at all that I've said that would really suggest I'm scum -- or you probably would have picked up on it and pointed it out when voting me. Seeing as you haven't, and nobody else has accused me of doing anything other than 'being aggressive', then I would probably suggest that you didn't try to prove your role by killing me. In fact, I'd refrain from trying to personally kill anyone -- as a 'pro-town' independent, you're not here to take charge; you're here to help.

@Harpy;

b) So (without unvoting the person you voted first) you're moving on to someone else? The only reason you have provided for voting Buoy is "he wants to mislynch me". What makes Buoy scum?

I hope B is the question you wanted answered because if not then you have to re ask it

Buoy has been defending Phoenicks to extreme lengths and I never said mislynch me. The ability would cause a lynch if I wanted it to assuming that no one else but me had votes on them i would only have to choose a single target. Anyways its just his behavior and reactions to people and the unwavering faith he has that Phoenicks is town. Plus that supposed slip up he said I have, notice how there was no possibility of mafia clearing mafia in it. That leaves 1) he is mafia trying to look clear by defending a townie 2)he mafia trying to clear mafia.

It gives me no reason to believe he's town. Also I never voted Phoenicks

JJM never said he was doing anything behind the scenes. The closest he got to those words was saying mafia can't ally with me behind towns back.

OK, if I'm not wrong, as long as nothing funny's going on with the votes, it's like this:
@Noivern - 0
@J J M - 5
@Phoenicks - 2
@Harpy - 3
@Buoy - 1

When I say "doing something behind the scenes", I could be meaning a lot of things, but lurking in the background sometimes make me suspect something is up. Let's hope I don't end up screwing things up for the entire town because we bandwagoned on a poor sap.
JJM never said he was even viewing the thread which is what lurking is. He hasn't been reading it or anything.

@Phoenicks; No people have been asking why some of us think you're scum but only Buoy has defended you especially to such exuberant lengths.

@Buoy; 1) I don't know about the person who has it but I can only assume its x shot for them and for me
2) Why do you want to know who they are so badly? And again I will only out them if town wants me to. So far its only you someone I believe to be mafia.
3) I stated my reasons for thinking you're scum above when replying to jda.

@Harpy;

I hope B is the question you wanted answered because if not then you have to re ask it

------

Also I never voted Phoenicks

um the question i was referring to was the phoenicks question (which you answered at the end anyway?)
but

Anyways VOTE: Phoenicks

idk this looks an awful lot like a vote for phoenicks to me >:

Buoy has been defending Phoenicks to extreme lengths and I never said mislynch me. The ability would cause a lynch if I wanted it to assuming that no one else but me had votes on them i would only have to choose a single target. Anyways its just his behavior and reactions to people and the unwavering faith he has that Phoenicks is town. Plus that supposed slip up he said I have, notice how there was no possibility of mafia clearing mafia in it. That leaves 1) he is mafia trying to look clear by defending a townie 2)he mafia trying to clear mafia.

It gives me no reason to believe he's town.

-what
-what
-what
I do not understand how you have come to the conclusion that there's no possibility other than him being mafia? Buoy neglecting to mention a mafia clearing mafia possibility instantly makes him scum???? uhhhh

Why do you want to know who they are so badly? And again I will only out them if town wants me to. So far its only you someone I believe to be mafia.

How can you not see how people would be interested in who you took it from? When you first asked what people thought of the role, most said it sounded like it'd be mafia-aligned. If you legitimately took it from someone else I see no reason why you'd be unwilling to hide it from the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom