• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
ninja'd by sunsette

I said that leetic's mistakes felt genuine because I know him as well
I just feel like that. it's not like my finalarcadia read is strong either. my only strong one is thecapsfan so far

I am townreading DrumBeats because of his cla(i)m and reaction, jdthebud because he looks similar to his play in Election Mafia, and Sunsette for pushing the game forward, whereas a mafia player would just sit back, relax, and enjoy a donut or two.

Eww, that's disgusting. D: Almost as bad as wasabi.
You still didn't answer Midorikawa's other question. Also what do you think of Zexy calling leetic town due to a mistake?
And Midorikawa meant bug not but!!!

@Zexy Midorikawa disagrees with you. It's easy to make that kind of mistake look genuine. It was a playful post, and considering players like MIdorikawa and ME do posts like that regardless of alignment, it's safe to say it's not alignment indicative and it's strange that you are making it out to be that way.

@Zexy Midorikawa disagrees with you. It's easy to make that kind of mistake look genuine. It was a playful post, and considering players like MIdorikawa and ME do posts like that regardless of alignment, it's safe to say it's not alignment indicative and it's strange that you are making it out to be that way.
I would disagree for this case
playful is not scummy. actually for some people it is a town tell as they do not feel comfortable to play around when scum
leetic is not midorikawa or me tho
it is a slight towntell for me that is all
at this point it's not like I have much better leads anyway

You still didn't answer Midorikawa's other question. Also what do you think of Zexy calling leetic town due to a mistake?
And Midorikawa meant bug not but!!!

What was Midorikawa's other question? If the vote behind you had any substance? no, it did not. It was purely randomly generated.

As for leetic, I don't see anything so far that's been pretty alignment indicative, and I wouldn't call messing up votes a derpclear either.

So I haunted this girl who antagonized me and she went and told on me. Now, I have to hang out in the restroom where I died. Boo hoo! They call me "Moaning Myrtle".

A careless mistake that leetic has made. Who knows? Anything is possible.

It could be possible that leetic and Zexy might be allied, yes.
You must be Restless Spirit, or have some type of ghost post restriction. 2spooky...
A smart cookie, aren't you? Even though it is Day 1 which is still very early, I will admit that I am the Restless Spirit.

Though like what leetic says here, post restrictions don''t clear us, so I guess we must be aware. A
680MS.png
, indeed.
Post restrictions can't even be used to clear people like they can in my game, so what's the point?
I agree. Being playful really depends on the player and how comfortable they are when doing it.

@Hellcrow; what are your thoughts on the game currently as you haven't posted in this phase yet?

As I've tried in previous mafia games to get him to talk by pressure voting, he did not budge, iirc. I don't know if his gameplay has changed.

But keep this in mind.
- Going 48 hours without a post nets you a prod. Going 72 hours without a post or receiving three prods will result in a modsub, or a modkill if I cannot get a sub.

Hopefully this maybe enables some discussion in here? I've never played with jdthebud before to know how he plays as town, but his posts feel very fluffy so far. He's posted a fair amount so it's not that he's not been active, but the content of the posts never really gives an opinion on anything. Granted, all of us seem to be at a bit of a loss for words in this game, but jdthebud strikes me as very much not giving any opinions on players at all and remaining detached from serious discussion.
2 millers is not logical, damn it. Bring on the salt if this is true.
No real opinion on the matter other than that it "is not logical" to have 2 millers. No attempt to figure out if one or both is truthful or any comment on the manner of the claims, and no mention of the possibilities of 2 town, 2 scum, or 1 town/1 scum millers.
This is a good point. But I'm still mad that logical role balancing would go out the window in this case.

I wouldn't be surprised if one miller was an add-on to an independent role with their own wincon.
Again, no real trying to figure out how to handle the situation, if at all. Being mad over role balancing doesn't make much difference since the players have no power over that regardless. Does give the possibility of an indep miller, which could be true, but at the same time, that distances the millers away from the possibility of either being scum in that he doesn't seem to bring that up at all, if that makes sense how I worded it.
Arg. Why GMs, why are there multiple millers?!?!/
Pointless post that doesn't add to anything.
I've played a Mafia where all the townies were either a Cop, Insane Cop, Paranoid Cop, or Naive Cop. It was total chaos and the mafia won without too much trouble.

FIFY.

Well anyway, this is a weird start to this day regardless.
The first part doesn't really pertain to this game since we can assume that this is not an "all townies are cop variation" game based on the claims thus far and also the OP of the game. The second part is again pretty pointless and fluffy, no information or analysis in it.
You don't have to follow your post restrictions if you don't wanna, it's more of a strong suggestion.
This one is game-relevant, but is again not providing an opinion on any players. It's a clarification of the setup/rules of this game, and nothing more.

------

Judging what DrumBeats has said, it doesn't look like they're affiliated with one another.

So I guess we might have to wait and see how TheCapsFan reacts to having a possible duplicate role.
Initially, I thought this was the case too, but I don't think we can discount the possibility of DB and Caps being skilled enough as scum to stage a fake counterclaim in the hopes of clearing them both by virtue of this game's duplicate roles thing going on. Both are strong scum players, and it could be possible. Not much evidence to support that theory, but figured it was worth mentioning. There is also TheCapsFan keeping his vote on Midori when he has continually agreed with DB on his suspicion of Zexy. Why still the vote on Midorikawa then? That last part is why I still want to keep my vote on Caps, it strikes me as suspicious for a) not following up on someone he said he had doubts on early on and has agreed with DB on and b) keeping a vote on a player (Midori) for little reason that I can tell when it is unlikely to cause a lynch anyway given the atmosphere thus far in-thread.

On another note, I have a feeling that TheCapsFan's character is Homer Simpson, but then I remembered that character doesn't equal alignment in this setup.

@FinalArcadia I unfortunately am in a spotty wireless place right now, so sorry I missed the E0D. My early posts about the millers was me trying out my post restriction, which is mostly that I get mad at non-logical things. If I had been around I likely would have said Caps, because he keeps trying to meta-read me even though we have barely played together on PC (he did the same thing in Election mafia, turned out to be scum). And I was also wondering why he kept his vote on Mordikawa as well. However, this Day 1 has been pretty sparse so it's hard to draw very strong conclusions from anything so far, so even if I had been around I likely would not have voted for him anyway.

Anyway, I look forward to the Night 1 post, and I really hope that the next day will be more active. I've only played one game here but the activity level and general style of play here is fairly different from PC (which is a bit more casual), especially when it comes to actually posting reads on players.

@Midorikawa; for zexy it sometimes is alignment indicative. that’s just how zexy thinks
It could be possible that leetic and Zexy might be allied, yes.

A smart cookie, aren't you? Even though it is Day 1 which is still very early, I will admit that I am the Restless Spirit.
you think scum me would buddy up in thread that soon in such an obvious manner
nice claim I will admit it also makes me slightly lean town on you
@Hellcrow; what are your thoughts on the game currently as you haven't posted in this phase yet?

As I've tried in previous mafia games to get him to talk by pressure voting, he did not budge, iirc. I don't know if his gameplay has changed.
nah he still plays like that and can be troublesome to read
especially in those games where he isn't posting at all -_-

meh I did miss eod lol me. eod time kinda is inconvenient for me but meh

@FinalArcadia; a good way to figure out how jdthebud plays as town is to read the us presidential election 2016 game leetic hosted a while ago.
jd plays kinda like that again. thecapsfan is also the person who has played the most with him

because of that same game in which db and caps were scum together and won it I am not willing to believe they would attempt such a play right after that, it is too much of a complete turn from their previous scumbuddy playstyle
I know that wifom is a thing but it would be too much even for a scumteam as good as them imo

don’t worry about me ppl I have a way to clear myself tonight

Night 1: Never Gonna Let You Down...
Last edited:
@FinalArcadia I unfortunately am in a spotty wireless place right now, so sorry I missed the E0D. My early posts about the millers was me trying out my post restriction, which is mostly that I get mad at non-logical things. If I had been around I likely would have said Caps, because he keeps trying to meta-read me even though we have barely played together on PC (he did the same thing in Election mafia, turned out to be scum). And I was also wondering why he kept his vote on Mordikawa as well. However, this Day 1 has been pretty sparse so it's hard to draw very strong conclusions from anything so far, so even if I had been around I likely would not have voted for him anyway.

Anyway, I look forward to the Night 1 post, and I really hope that the next day will be more active. I've only played one game here but the activity level and general style of play here is fairly different from PC (which is a bit more casual), especially when it comes to actually posting reads on players.

Lol I think you underestimate the amount of times we've played together. I was in The Night Before Christmasfia, Battle for Gotham (in which we were scumbuddies), Rocket's Investigation, Nintendo: Choose Your Character, Once In A Blue Moon, Code Geass: Black Uprising, Bidoof Island, Until Dawn, and now, Election. Also we're currently playing together in this and The Wolf Among Us. I think I have a fairly tasty idea on how to read you, by just using Election as a benchmark, let alone the massive portions of games that we've played together before(k)

Wow that is a lot more than I thought. I don't really count Rocket and Until Dawn, those weren't standard mafia gametypes (RPG and such), but you're right. I think there was just a large timegap between Bidoof Island and Election so I just assumed there hadn't been that many.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone survives the night (except the mafia, they suck).

Wow that is a lot more than I thought. I don't really count Rocket and Until Dawn, those weren't standard mafia gametypes (RPG and such), but you're right. I think there was just a large timegap between Bidoof Island and Election so I just assumed there hadn't been that many.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone survives the night (except the mafia, they suck).

I count Rocket, which was very similar to the Gen One Mafia we had on here. I don't count Until Dawn because that was all RP with some mafia elements, but it was still a Non-Mafia, so it would still fit in the War Room.

jdthebud has an interesting PR.
you think scum me would buddy up in thread that soon in such an obvious manner
True, but one shouldn't forget things like this just in case. I
487MS.png
ya.
nice claim I will admit it also makes me slightly lean town on you
Though, I don't have much to sacrifice but my ability to vote if I do get lynched or NK'd.

Also, I realize it's kind of bad for me to get a town vibe early because the mafia might go after me first as there's been some mafia games where I've been NK'd early. Though, it really depends on how much meta I have had with the players who are mafia.
nah he still plays like that and can be troublesome to read
especially in those games where he isn't posting at all -_-
Oh no, so we'll never know until he's been lynched or NK'd, I guess.

Though, there's been some cases where he's actually trying to help and he's actually town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom