• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ME Movies Mafia: Endgame: Winners are You! 15/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of early claims as usually truthful due to the fact that there wouldn't be much reason to lie.

Though there seems to be a different case for independents, possibly due to their nature of being aligned with themselves.

Also, I agree with the Town Leader thing. I'm not familiar with OC games nor is my role suited to it, so I hope someone experienced with it acts as Town Leader.
It is very different for independents since they have to consider their wincons and how best to go about it. Of course not all early claims should be taken at face value because mafia may just fake claim to try to get off town radar. They should all be treated with a certain degree of suspicion. Even miller claims are worth watching because we could be lying mafia. While miller claims are standard to come out right away so that cop doesn't check them and we don't have confusion later, it is best to still watch. If someone is acting scummy then they are either scum, or just being bad town, and thus not as bad a loss as someone actually helping.

Day 2: Electric Rodent Roasted
Actions locked. Update commencing

Day 2: Electric Rodent Roasted

Despite his recent triumph over his alter ego, Maniacal Engineer was unhappy. It seemed as though Random Punster had been acting on his own, and so there were still no leads regarding the whereabouts or intentions of the Alliance of Doom and Stuff. There wasn't even confirmation that such an alliance existed in the first place.

On board his private jet, the mad scientist fumed as he informed the others about what had transpired.
"I should have known that my enemies would have been considerably more subtle than that," he chided himself, "changing an entire country's name was far too obvious of a move."
"Still," said one of his allies, "you did stop a major threat to international safety and aided in putting a madman behind bars."
"But how did Random Punster manage to make a return?" queried one of the others, "usually he can only show up when you're not around."
ME shrugged.
"Some sort of temporal bullshit, I assume," he said, "that's not the main focus right now. Now we need to focus on where the Alliance of Doom might be holed up and what their next move is."

Nobody seemed to have any clues on that score, so the call was terminated, and ME spent the remainder of his flight silently reviewing the files on all of his known enemies.

Upon arriving at home, the Section Head attempted to page his bumbling sidekick, but to no avail. Instead he called TheCapsFan, who picked up after the second ring.
Before ME could even say anything, his staff member began speaking.
"Where are you?" whispered Caps.
"Pardon me?" asked the Super Mod, completely caught off guard.
"Oh for the love of Lord Helix," sighed Caps, facepalming, "you forgot what today is, didn't you?"
"...Thursday?" was the reply.
"It's Zexy's wedding!" said Caps, practically shouting, "he and Mido are finally tying the knot, and you're not here for it!"
"Oh shit!" exclaimed the Super Mod, "I'll be right there."
Quickly, the Section Head selected one of his many tuxedos and changed into it, dumping his Rough Rider safari attire into the laundry bin. He then took off post haste toward the hall where the marriage was taking place.
He arrived just as the ceremony was scheduled to begin. As Section Head, it was his responsibility to conduct the service, which he did with aplomb.
"Dearly beloved," he recited, "we are gathered here today in front of the Holy Spirit of Lord Arceus, All the lords of tpp, and Archaic to witness the union of these two souls in the bond of holy matrimony. Let no being, supernatural, human, or otherwise, come between these two as they continue their journey toward becoming the best there ever was. Let them find strength within each other as they proceed toward the ultimate goal of catching them all."
He turned to the couple.
"Do you, Zexy, take Midorikawa to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to hold, in sickness and in health, so help you mod?"
"I do," said the Greek moderator.
"And do you, Midorikawa, take Zexy to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to hold, in sickness and in health, so help you mod?"
"I do," said The War Room's sexiest player.
"Then by the power vested in me by the almighty Webmaster Archaic, I hereby pronounce you man and wife," declared the Modfather, "you may kiss the bride."

Applause erupted from the assembled audience as the two shared a passionate kiss, before they walked back down the aisle to their awaiting vehicle. As they approached the limo, however, it was clear that something was amiss. There was a strange red smudge by the trunk, and the trunk's lock looked like it had been jimmied.
Nervously, the Greek moderator popped the trunk. Inside was a dead body.
Dear Lone_Garurumon,

In this installment of the ME movies you are acting as Pikochu

70686.jpg

A Pikachu who is smart enough to talk and have technical genius, but somehow can't pronounce your own species name correctly (or maybe it's your nickname, only you know the real answer). Due to being the ever so loved electric rodent, you can summon lightning.

You are the Lightning Rod, meaning once during the game, PM the hosts with Phase X: CHUUUU and all the night actions (including cop checks, doc saves, and the nightkill) will be directed to you.

You are allied with ME and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits, you win when all opposing factions are dead and their mooks are left with no one to follow.

Written in blood along the interior of the trunk was the ominous message:
"More will follow."

"Well that's reassuring," said ME, sarcastically, having followed the couple out the door.
Suddenly, one of ME's aides came running up to him.
"Sir," he said, "our comm systems are down. All communications with the outside are being blocked."
"Well isn't that just peachy," the Section Head said, stretching his sarcasm muscles.

It is now Day 2. Phase ends in 48 hours at 3:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time on 2/9/17. Since that is during ME's Sabbath, the phase will update at the usual time, and flavor will be added in later. All outside communication is prohibited for the next 3 phases

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, a super duper heavy oc blocker is fine to exist but stupid inconvenient...way to go hosts, you figured out how to stop me from destroying your game. Let's keep things going at least...everyone should post their top two scumreads (with or without logic and a case, preferably with). EX-scumreads (reads that changed into townreads from d1 until now) should really be explained though, as they'll identify some really integral thought processes.

Time is precious now...Of all the stupid roles to include in a damn game. Whining won't get me anywhere though.

Now...let's pick the poison

##vot

DAMNIT I CLICKED POST REPLY BY ACCIDENT WHILE TRYING TO SCROLL

##Vote Zachie

Why are you so up in arms about AussieEevee voting for Zexy after his claim? Why are you so defensive about him being a "harmless" ITP and why did you feel the need to defend his slot as strongly as you did?

##F.o.S. jackatlasred

Don't think I'm letting you skate by. You've got a lot to comment on.

Oh, wow, neat, SK down.
Sorry I did pretty much nothing throughout D1. I was kinda busy, and really had no idea what to think about the Zexy claim, which was pretty much the main topic of debate.

I'll try to be useful from now on though.
Pod is looking pretty good to me, since they're trying to get discussion going and look for stuff. The AE vote was a little odd, but it looked to be more to drum up discussion than any actual lynch attempt.
Alex has pinged me a bit by jumping on Cloud, since there wasn't exactly much else to talk about at the time, and it's not like he was even the only one doing it either. He at least tried to change focus to something other than Zexy's claim though. All in all he's neutral to me at this point.

I approve of the Town Leader plan, it tends to work out pretty well. I'm not sure I'd be too good at it, but my role would probably work kinda well for the position. It's 1x, but there's a good chance it could effectively confirm me if I used it tonight.

No, because I'm pretty sure Town won't win until all threats are eliminated, SK included. Zexy would've needed to take out the Mafia first, so that they didn't win on parity and end the game

This is the only post LG made that had any meat on it. I find it unlikely that he'd have acted last night, with my request to establish a town leader definitely being something he's both heard me ask for and seen work effectively (not to mention his clear acknowledging of it right here during N1). I wonder if he did act last night or if he just got super unlucky with getting hit w/o having to draw it.

There's almost nothing here that'd indicate a reason to kill him. These cases are the worst.

Sorry that I haven't been really active in the past few days, I had a lot of work to do and could not really do much on the forum, I hope to be more active from now on and I'll share my thoughts about the game in the morning after I read through the complete thread. 2 quick notes before sleep, good shot at Zexy the SK and THREE phases? I do not like that.

The two I'm most suspicious of at the moment are Alex and jack. I didn't like the way Alex seemed to want to divert attention away from pushing Zexy for more information when he had suggested he may not necessarily side with town, Zexy being indep does not necessarily suggest mafia alignment but it does feel a bit anti town. I also didn't like his reasons for voting for myself over Pika as his initial post seemed to suggest that he though Pika's post looked worst and when I asked about this I felt his response kind of seemed like he was backtracking on this. I also have a mild suspicion on Pika because of this too as it felt like Alex was trying to avoid voting for him.

Jack hasn't really contributed much, his posts have kind of felt a bit CWAC as he has mostly just quietly agreed with others and gone with the flow in terms of votes. I'm up for applying a pressure vote to see some more contribution from him.

I still don't like Alex Kaz's posts about players discussion on the Zexy claim and his tunnel vision on Rainbow Cloud. I want to hear more from @Alex Kaz though because I don't think he's made a post since his response to Rainbow.

VOTE: Alex Kaz.

I can see what Elieson is saying about Zachie--considering that he seemed highly reluctant to vote Zexy and was really willing to give him a chance to stay in the game even though Zexy was being really dodgy. He could've possibly OC'd him and found out he was SK, which mafia would probably want to keep around since that's more kills for them to take advantage of. I'll stamp an FOS there.

@AussieEevee Do you not believe Midori's miller claim?

jack's only made one post thus far right? And said post was honestly too neutral. I know he's usually not highly active from other games I've played--and this is for either alignment he is. so that isn't very helpful

Why are you so up in arms about AussieEevee voting for Zexy after his claim? Why are you so defensive about him being a "harmless" ITP and why did you feel the need to defend his slot as strongly as you did?
I didn't like that his first post in the game was a really serious vote with less than great reasoning.

I was so defensive because there wasn't a lot of proof towards Zexy being dangerous & everyone was voting simply because he claimed to be an independent. I'm all for voting away threats, obviously, but I liked the fact that he claimed & told us straight up what he was (even if he left things out, as we later found out.)

@AussieEevee Do you not believe Midori's miller claim?

I do not trust early claims, especially those done without being pressured. And it seems too much of a slip up that Mido would never make that kind of mistake. She's too experienced.

However

Vote: Zachie

Elieson up above has a good point. You were pretty defensive of Zexy, who everyone else suspected as being harmful to town and were pushing him for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom