• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meet the Staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hi all! In an effort to make the staff a little more accessible, here's a directory to the forum staff and other important people on Bulbagarden, sorted by their rank. Names are listed in alphabetical order.

Webmaster

Archaic: I'm Archaic, the webmaster of Bulbagarden. I've been a member of the online Pokémon fandom since 1999, and had served on staff for several major fansites in the fandom (Including the deceased Bulbagarden.com, Pokémasters, UPNetwork and even Serebii) before resurrecting Bulbagarden in late 2002. Offline, I work as an academic, looking into consumer behaviour and privacy online, with a particular focus on online communities and social networking sites. Besides Pokémon, I enjoy a variety of hobbies, including videogames, anime and manga, sci-fi and fantasy fiction, and just generally being an utter geek.

Chief of Staff

evkl: Hi! I'm evkl. I'm the Chief of Staff of Bulbagarden, which means that I handle a lot of different stuff around the site. I work with the staff to make sure everything goes right, and I direct the growth of the site by making sure projects go smoothly. Outside of Bulbagarden, I live a pretty normal life. I'm a 22-year-old student graduating from college in the spring. Beyond Pokémon and video games, I enjoy running and biking, reading, travel, and delicious food and drink.

Head Forums Administrator

Musashi: Hi there! I'm Musashi and I help mod the Pokemon Anime forum. As you can probably tell from my name, I'm a huge fan of the Rocket-dan and an even bigger Rocketshipper.

Rule Director

Evil Figment: I am Evil Figment, Bulbagarden's site-wide Rule Director and former Head Administrator. Here I'm in charge of working out the kinks in our rules system, working to make contradictory policies fit together, and trying to keep things as fair-play as possible, both on the forums and on every other part of Bulbagarden. Outside Bulba, I'm a law student in Ottawa; I'm also an amateur writer (three-time NaNoWriMo participant, twice winner) and a history, aviation and navy geek.

Administrators

$aturn¥oshi:Greetings. I am $aturn¥oshi, the once exclusive mod for Outside the Box, and Bulbagarden's resident celebrity. After much hard work I have successfully climbed the Bulba-ladder to assume the position of Head Administrator. A title I have gladly received from evkl (and Evil Figment before him). In addition to running the forums as a whole, I maintain my old forum of OtB and its subs, as well as the Blogs and Social Groups.

While I do enjoy the Pokémon series of games, my main loves are the Super Mario series and the Legend of Zelda series, along with Mortal Kombat games. Other hobbies of mine include social networking such as Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.

Dogasu: I'm Dogasu, and I've been a part of the online Pokemon fandom for almost as long as it's existed. I am an Administrator on Bulbagarden and serve as the head of its Pokémon Anime section. I'm also the webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack, a fansite that's in its eleventh year. I have been living in Japan for about three years working as an English teacher and plan to remain here for the foreseeable future. My non-Pokemon hobbies include studying foreign languages, playing video games, reading comics (mainly Batman and One Piece), and watching American TV.

Ghost: Hello, I am Ghost, a moderator of Outside the Box, Fun and Games, and Land of the Rising Sun. You can usually find me browsing around OtB, F&G, the Garden Grotto, and the blogs. Outside Bulbagarden, my interests include reading, the Pokémon Ranger series, and photography. I'm generally a very friendly and approachable person, so feel free to drop me a visitor message!

GrnMarvl14: I'm GrnMarvl14, Super-Mod in charge of Pokemon World (and Contest Hall, and an occasional helper in Shippers' Paradise) and Geeks Corner. Been a Pokemon fan for quite a while, but I've been a comic fan for even longer (in fact, if I'm not here, I'm usually at a certain comic site).

As for my personal life, I live a nice, normal life with a nice, normal job (with a long, long drive). I like to spend my free time reading (comics and novels (both graphic and non-graphic), mostly. Occasional magazine), finding odd things in my journeys around the state in which I live, and various other things.

Kasumi: Hey there my lovely Mudkips! I'm Kasumi, Bulbagarden's Creative Content Department Head. I'm in charge of a wonderful group of Moderators and Staff Artists across Bulbagarden: from the Oekaki Board, to the Gallery and Forums.

Outside Bulba, I'm a Volunteer Gallery Moderator on deviantART, Graphic Designer, Photography enthusiast, pet lover, anime addict and fan artist among other things. I recently got married to Archaic and moved to Australia, where I plan to achieve my goal of becoming a Children's Books Illustrator. :)

MAGNEDETH: Hey! I'm that guy! MAGNEDETH to be precise. I am the Editor-in-Chief of Bulbapedia. I was nominated by members of Bulbapedia to be an administrator in August of 2008, and accepted as staff one month later. Since then I have worked my way up the ladder and as of December 1, 2010, I became the Editor-in-Chief. As the EiC, I oversee pretty much everything about Bulbapedia and BulbaArchives. Some people may know me as the guy who makes fun of sprites, but that's really just one area where I can't help but express my opinion, which is something I do often (and it usually gets me in trouble). I'm aggressive when I need to be (which is well documented), but people who follow the rules find I'm a really laid back 24 y/o guy living in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania. I am a huge car fanatic and sport shooter (but not at the same time).

RexRacer: Greetings, I'm RexRacer, but everyone most people here call me Rex. I was one of the founding members of the Trade Center and currently moderate the Pokémon News from Bulbanews and Bulbawiki General forums. Outside BMGf, I'm the editor in chief of Bulbanews and an editorial board member of Bulbapedia. I'm pretty approachable and am usually available if you've got any questions or need help.

Outside Bulbagarden, I enjoy singing, acting, improv, stand up comedy, writing, playing music and learning how to play new instruments.

Satoshi-kun: Hey, Sato's the name, and I'm a jack of all trades. First off, I'm one of the heads of the Bulbagarden Internet Relay Chat (or IRC for short). Second, I was a cast member of the Bulbacast, and will hopefully be returning to Bulbacast duties later on this year! Third, I work with our presence on various social media networks. Even seen someone using the term "bulbacadets" on the Bulbapedia facebook? That was me. When I'm not posting, I have trusted staff members helping us out with the various aspects of the Bulbatwitters and the Bulbafacebooks.

Outside of Bulbagarden, I work at my local Petco in the grooming salon. When I'm not working, I like to spend time listening to a wide variety of music. I also love going to concerts when I have time, and I occasionally bring my camcorder and tape some of them as well. I also love computers, and have basically been a computer geek since elementary school, or maybe even before. I try to be a fun guy to be around, and am always here to help out my fellow bulbacadets!

Super Moderators

Barb: I'm Barb, a former BMGf administrator and now Super Moderator. I've been modding here since 2003, starting in the fanfiction section, which is my primary interest in the Pokemon fandom right now. I also modded the fanfiction section on SPP in 2002-03. I'm 41 and have two kids, ages 17 and 15. When not online,I'm generally with friends at the beach (I live in Florida) or hanging out at a local coffee shop. I'm a voracious reader, sometime writer, and love scuba diving.

Blazevoir: I'm an 18 year old moderator of the Trade Center forum. I live in the middle of the state of New Jersey. I’m currently attending my second semester of community college. I enjoy competitive battling over Wi-Fi. I'm commonly found on the #bulbagarden IRC channel.

Every Breaking Wave: Hello, I am your resident U2 expert. Of course, I'm probably better known as one of the moderators of the Real World, a scary place where everything from politics to philosophy (and loads of stuff in between) are discussed. I'm the left-wing mod there, so I end up keeping everybody else sane. According to Nicoleta, my job is to be annoyed by everyone. Outside of BMGf I enjoy reading, writing, and travelling when I have the money and opportunity to do so. I'm studying Human Rights at University, so my position here really helps me to stay up on the latest news!

ghaskan: Greetings! I'm ghaskan, a Portuguese girl who is enrolled in a Technological Scientific course. In this forum I'm one of the Pokémon World's moderators. I very much enjoy discussing everything Pokémon! Besides my obvious love for Pokémon, I also like playing other videogames (such as Warcraft III, The Sims 2 and Mario Kart) and surfing the internet. I also enjoy reading, watching anime (mainly Pokémon's) or documentaries and writing a lot.

Feel free to drop me a message shall you need any help, or even if you just want to converse!

Hide in Plain Sight: Hey all, I'm Hide in Plain Sight (Most people call me HiPS though) and I'm one of the co-heads of the Roleplay District here at BMGf. I'm also the head GM of KPU, one of the forum wide RP projects. So if you have any roleplaying questions, I'm the go-to-guy here.

Outside of the forums, I'm a junior at Boston College (economics and computer science double major) and I'm also an avid sports fan and video gamer. My favorite games are the Metroid series, the Assassins' Creed series and the Mass Effect trilogy. I'm also the resident party mod, so I know how to have fun.

Kayi-chan: Hi! ^-^ I'm Kayi Rowling, a Writer's Workshop and Pokemon Manga moderator, though I'm better known as "that mod who adds a lot of smilies to her posts" in any case. Among the staff and most members who have met me, I'm known to be quite sweet and nice, but it'll be up to each individual member to meet me and judge. Aside from Bulbagarden, I'm moderately active at TV Tropes, and in real life, I've already graduated from a career in Information Technology and I currently work with cellphones while studying my Master's Degree. And... that's probably all XD

Luna Hivern: Luna here, head of the Shippers Paradise section, the updater of the Incomplete Shippers' List, and current leader of Project Shipping on Bulbapedia (can we say "narrow track?"). I'm the go-to person when it comes to 'ships, and while I'm only interested in a certain genre of pairings 90% of the time (yaoi), I find the subject matter of all 'ships perfectly acceptable and the freedom to enjoy your favorites very sacred.

Outside the section, I enjoy writing (and like to think I'm okay at it), squee over Falkner, and indulge in a number of manga, games, TV shows, and American comics. Please feel free to message me; despite what others say, I don't bite hard.

Nicoleta01: Nicoleta:Hello, I'm Nicoleta, a moderator from the Real World. Feel free to bug EveryBreakingWave, it's what he's there for! :p But if you have any questions about the forbidding place, just leave me a private message (PM). In real life, I'm a college student who also works part-time. Hobbies include reading, debating, and hanging out with friends.

Rayne: I simply go by Rayne though sometimes you may hear me called the kitty mod as some here have picked up on my fondness for all things feline. I help smooth the flow behind Outside the Box and its various social subsections including the Fun & Games, the War Room as well as the Social Groups. If you have any questions, I’m always open to help.

My hobbies include a love for reading, photography, biking, geocaching, going new places and chilling with the people. I’m a rock fan and I also love anything Simpsons, Star Wars and Warriors Cats related among other things. I’m currently pursuing a Masters in Environmental Management at the University of Maryland.

Soulweaver: Hiya, I'm Soulweaver, a soon-20-years-old Pokémon enthusiastic from Finland. Some might still know me better as UltimateSephiroth. I originally started as a regular Bulbapedia editor, but I slowly transitioned to the forums. I've been a moderator of the Bulbagarden Trade Center since early 2010, first starting off in the Shop Subcenter and later joining to help with the other trade forums. I also recently started moderating the Bulbagarden Development Zone and the Land of the Rising Sun forum. In the wikispace, I'm one of the administrators of Bulbagarden Archives, the media repository of the two other Bulbawikis.

I'm extremely introvert, so you won't see me posting in the Social forums very much; I write stuff in my blog occasionally, though. I go to the local university in which I study signal processing and telecommunications engineering. My interests are, besides Pokémon, programming and all things related to computers in general, anime, and a variety of other game series. I'm also into statistics and charts of all sorts, and I'm quite a grammar nazi.

The dark lord trombonator: I'm the dark lord trombonator, also known as trom. Hailing from New Zealand, I'm mainly active in the Bulbawiki forum and Pokémon News from Bulbanews. Moderating these sections ties in with my other Bulbagarden roles as a member of the Bulbapedia Editorial Board and Managing Editor of Bulbanews, where I take other people's work and make it look good. When I get away from my computer, I can be found either at university where I study a perplexing mixture of Mathematics and English, or in the local chocolate factory, where I work as a tour guide. Wiki editors are welcome to ask me for help at any time.

Moderators

Aladar: 'Allo dar, mateys! Everyone knows me as Aladar around here. I'm one of the people in charge of the Writers' Workshop so my work mainly involves culling troll fics and organising our official BMGf fanfic awards. I happen to write fanfics regularly so I'm active in the Workshop as a writer as well. My RL preferences include rock/neo-metal and the like, soccer and hanging out with friends. I like fantasy books and watch quite a lot of animes, too. Obey me or you'll walk the plank... arr.

Bikini Miltank: Hello there, citizens. I am Bikini Miltank, one of the moderators for the Pokémon News from Bulbanews forum. I write a series for Bulbanews called On the Origin of Species, which discusses the real-life inspirations behind various Pokémon. I can also be found on Bulbapedia, where I am a very junior admin indeed.

Believe it or not, I am an actual scientist, with degrees and everything. I spend my spare time drawing, writing and having impure thoughts about Pokémon Hunter J. My proudest moment was being described as "a tool of feminist social engineering", though I've also been told I'm a "man-hating lesbian", which I consider quite an achievement, given that I'm a man.

Blazaking EX: Hey, I'm Blazaking EX, the Staff Artist of Bulbagarden. I help with banners and logos for various aspects of Bulbagarden. On the forums, I moderate the Bulbagarden Fanart Gallery, The Artist's Alcove and the Land of the Rising Sun. I'm never that busy, and am usually online during the day (GMT+5), so you can always hit me up with a few questions if you're ever in doubt. Outside of Bulbagarden, I'm a 15 year-old, Pakistani-American boy, currently residing in Karachi, Pakistan. I tend to spend most of my free time on the computer.

Chosen of Mana: I'm Chosen of Mana. I moderate the Anime Forum, the Geeks Corner, and the blogs. I must admit I need to be active more, but hopefully Best Wishes will help. I was also recently promoted to Jr. Administrator at Bulbagarden Archives, which allows me to manage and move the many files found there as needed. Please contact me or my peers if you have a problem in the sections I mentioned, and enjoy your time here in Bulbagarden.

GengarEatBanana: Hi, I’m GengarEatBanana, but most just call me GEB or Gengar. I’m a mod at the Pokémon World forum and also the Contest Hall, however you might find me checking the Video Games forum, playing in the War Room or snooping around in the Artists Alcove. I’m friendly and fun-loving, so you can always talk to me if you see me online.

Outside of Pokémon I’m a big Mario fan, and love Mario Kart Wii. Other hobbies include drawing, playing sport and reading. In reality I’m just a teenager who lives in Australia, so hopefully I’m pretty down to earth. I have a dog, whose name is Zorro. However he’s really dopey.

Hallowheart: Hullo, I am Hallow♥/Hallowheart/HH/Lynne.
I work in Outside the Box and can most often be found around the chat areas (though I do slip in for a game occasionally), where I refer to everyone as ‘peeps’. I am very friendly, so don’t be afraid to talk as normal in the chat threads because, hey, I want to chat too!
Outside of… Outside the Box, I am a young adult preparing for college. I live a pretty strange life in a duplex house with a bunch of foreign exchange students (usually male, and no I am not an exchange student) as a Host Sister, so it’s my job to help them during the nine months they attend school in America! Beyond that I love being creative and am involved in music, art, writing, drama, etc, so feel free to talk to me if you ever want to rant about some bad trombonist or how your pencil sucks--I’ll listen.

Wolverine: Bonjour! My name's Wolverine, and I'm a provisional moderator in the War Room section where we play mafia and strategy based games, so don't be shy. Come and check it out. We don't bite! When I'm not in the War Room, I'm most likely in the anime section fanboying about Dento (Yes, he has fanboys too; don't judge me!). I also occasionally write fan fiction and some of my work can be found in the Writer's Workshop.

Outside of Bulbagarden and Pokémon, I'm a pretty eclectic person with a bunch of different interests. I like X-Men comic books, movies, sci-fi/fantasy TV shows, tennis, history and politics. I'm an opera aficionado and an ANTM addict. If Barbara Walters asked me what kind of tree I'd be, I'd say I would be a white pine. :p

Feel totally free to contact me with any questions, suggestions, or just for a friendly chat! :)

hurristat: Hey everyone, I'm hurristat, a moderator of both the lovely Real World forum and the fantastic Video Games section. When I'm not moderating/engaging in discussion in those sections, you can find me in the chat thread sometimes or engaging in some head-to-head combat arguing in the War Room. When I'm on not on BMGf (I know, a shocker, right?), I love to study statistics, read articles and literature, and hang out with friends. I'm also a freshman at the University of Michigan and I hope to major in statistics when I get the chance. Feel free to drop me a VM or a PM if you have any questions, or if you just want to talk!

Insanish Danish: Hi there, I'm Insanish Danish (real name Dana). I'm a mod for Shipper's Paradise and a proud Long Islander. I have been dating fellow BMGf member My Little Ponyta, who is perhaps best known as Chaos, since July 2009. Outside of BMGf, my hobbies consist of reading, writing, playing video games, playing volleyball and baking, among other things. I am 19 years old and a college student, having just finished my first year. I hope I can help at keeping Shipper's Paradise a great place for all of BMGf's shippers!

Iteru: Hi, I’m Iteru, and I’m a provisional moderator for the animé forum. I’m 19 years old and I live in the county of Kent within South East England. Currently I am at university studying Statistics which certainly isn’t the most exciting subject in the world :p My interests include the Pokémon animé and games, tv shows ranging from Waterloo Road to Family Guy and I’m also a big animal lover (especially cats :3). Feel free to message me at any time!

Jabberwocky: Howdy! I'm Bad Wolf, better known as Jabberwocky or Jabber (don't call me Jibblets). I'm a writer, so it fits that I'm a mod in the Writer's Workshop! I'm a big fan of reading, movies, and Doctor Who. I've been playing Pokemon since Generation II. If you have any fanfiction questions, or just want someone to talk to, feel free to drop me a line.

LightningTopaz: Hi, I'm LightningTopaz--Witer's Workshop mod, author and reviewer. Outside of writing guides and keeping the Workshop clean, I'm also an avid roleplayer.

Outside Bulbagarden, I'm planning my own original fantasy story, am very active on deviantart, and write for MonsterVine, an up and coming video game news site.

Mintaka: Hi, I'm Mintaka. Mostly I just go by "Min"; it's part of my real name. Yes, I am in Korea, and am a Korean.
I'm one of the Mods of Outside the Box. You might see me more at The War Room where I'm playing along (or simply awaiting an update!). If you want to ask me something or want a chat, don't be shy to leave me a VM!
In real life, I'm an insomniac college student majoring in biology. When I'm not studying, I'm reading books, playing video games, playing badminton...or just taking my minimum amount of sleep needed. :p

Netto Azure: Well hello there, I'm Netto Azure and welcome to the Bulbagarden Forums. You can usually find me on the Internet using this particular Username so I'm easy to find. I help moderate "The Real World" forum here on Bulbagarden since the discussion can get really deep at times.

I'm currently a Senior in High School and am trying my best to graduate and get into a Uni. of CA. I usually consider myself to be Center-Left in terms of the current definition of the standard political spectrum. Actually the main reason I joined Bulbagarden was for the Manga Pokemon Special (Adventures) I'm still a big fan. But yeah the Politics got fun so...

I also like the trifecta of entertainment: TV (Anime, Public Media) Books (Manga, Novels) and Video Games. I am more than happy to have a VM chat if you would like.

Octy: Hello, I’m Octy, a moderator of Outside the Box. I turn 19 on August 29th, and I’m a college student, trying to get a degree in psychology. I’m online for much of the day, so if you want to ever chat, you can send me a PM. In the past year or so, I’ve been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. My favorite Pokemon of all time have to be Espeon, and Shiny Liepard. I’ve grown to love Roleplaying, so you’ll see me posting there quite often as well. I’m a creative person, so I usually try to help people get out of ‘creative blocks’ as well as inspire new ideas. When I’m not online, I’m usually playing video games, chatting with people via Instant Messenger, singing, taking care of animals, or just daydreaming. I’m one of the biggest hopeless romantics you will ever meet. If you have any questions, need advice or need help with anything, let me know and I’ll help as best as I can. I don’t bite. Honest. :p

Paperhorse: Hey! I’m Paperhorse, a moderator of the Media Menagerie section. I live in New York and have recently become a certified teacher. I love teaching all subjects, but I especially love teaching ELA because I am fond of poetry and literature. Outside of Pokémon, my interests include science fiction shows such as “Lost” and “Fringe,” and children/young adult books such as Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. I’m also a huge fan of music. Feel free to chat with me anytime!

Politoed666: I'm a former Bulbapedia Editorial Board member, as well as a BMGf moderator for the understaffed and underappreciated TCG forums. I play the Trading Card Game competitively, and that's generally where my knowledge regarding the series lies, although I also play the videogames semi-competitively. I can't stand the anime and manga, but I'm a big fan of certain side-series games, such as Trozei and the Mystery Dungeon series. I'm in school right now, taking difficult courses, which has decreased my productivity on both BMGf and the wiki. But I'm still here.

Shiay: Hello, I'm Shiay, one of the moderators of the Artist's Alcove. I'm nineteen and I enjoy my time drawing, which is perhaps a huge contributer as to why I'm there in the first place. I'm also getting ready to head to UNT. I'm only getting a late start because of certain medical conditions that have hindered me and my dealings with school. Though, one to take an optimistic point of view on things, it as well as a lot of other things don't bother me that much. C:

I'm also always happy to offer critique and redlines on work that anyone has done, so don't be shy about asking me to look over your work. ^^ I love to help out fellow artists. <3

SSJ_Jup81: Hello everyone. I'm long-time Bulba lurker, Wendy, who really started to hang around after B/W started up. Funny how BW is what brought me back into the franchise in general (well, HG/SS might have helped it along too). Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be a provisional mod for the Land of the Rising Sun forum. I'm pretty laid back and have a naturally perverted mind, but I'm more of an open closet pervert. Okay, I'm just kidding...or am I? Seriously, though, I am very laid back and believe in being fair and objective in my approach for pretty much everything. It helps to create balance and harmony, and am I'm always striving for that, even though realistically, it's a lost cause. Call me an idealist.

As for hobbies, I enjoy listening to music (mostly oldies), writing (fics and original works [won't find this online]), and reading. I also enjoy karaoke, having done it in Japan now. I don't watch television much, but a couple of current shows I really like are NCIS and Law & Order SVU. Seems I like murder mysteries, as that's what I mostly read.

YeOldeJacob: How goes it, BMGf? I'm Jacob, and I'm one of the moderators of the blogs here on the forums. If you have any questions regarding the blogs, feel free to drop me a line.

As for who exactly I am irl, well, I'm currently in the process of preparing for college (Columbia College in Chicago) after taking time after high-school to be a slacker. I'm quite the film buff, and I like to think I'm pretty knowledgable when it comes to that medium. I'm also a diehard Cincinnati Reds and Kansas City Chiefs fan, and you can ridicule me for that if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some of these staff have some pretty cool stuff going on in there lives and I also learned alot about them I did not know.

I didn't a lot of this stuff, I like this idea of this thread.

Wow..I was never aware there were so many moderators and staffs at Bulbagarden. Kind of shows you how big this place really is.

Is $aturn¥oshi really a celebrity? Like in real life? The only other celebrity I know that enjoys Pokmeon is Soulja Boy. lol.

Is $aturn¥oshi really a celebrity? Like in real life? The only other celebrity I know that enjoys Pokmeon is Soulja Boy. lol.

Yes. Well idk if you'd really call him a celebrity, but being a body guard for people like Lady Gaga and Michael Phelps must make him pretty well-known irl. :awww:

Yes. Well idk if you'd really call him a celebrity, but being a body guard for people like Lady Gaga and Michael Phelps must make him pretty well-known irl. :awww:

Really? o_o

I thought that was just a self-given title. XD

No, he is my favorite celebrity. Whenever he graces a thread with his words, it is like Chuck Norris punching you in the face: you will remember it for all eternity and will wish for it to happen again.

That was an enjoyable read--it was nice learning so much about the Staff of Bulbagarden. It helps to make the site feel even more friendly than ever.

Noice read you guys. Could've sworn I've seen more mods than that around the place; pro'lly just imagining things again XD.

I think all forums should do this type of things. Kudos for the good idea and thank you for the information~ ^^

I have a question. So how did all these moderators and super moderators come to be? Were they regular members that eventually rose to the rank of moderator after they proved their dedication? Or was there an application which they used to apply for the position? Are some of these super moderators paid? Or does everyone here work on their own time? I imagine there's quite a bit of money involved here. Running this place alone is a serious expense.

I'm just too curious. I've never been able to comprehend how big forums like this one came to have the moderators they do. It is beyond my imagination, unfortunately.

I have a question. So how did all these moderators and super moderators come to be? Were they regular members that eventually rose to the rank of moderator after they proved their dedication? Or was there an application which they used to apply for the position? Are some of these super moderators paid? Or does everyone here work on their own time? I imagine there's quite a bit of money involved here. Running this place alone is a serious expense.

I'm just too curious. I've never been able to comprehend how big forums like this one came to have the moderators they do. It is beyond my imagination, unfortunately.

I know the answer to some of those questions, just because I have seen some other users ask them.

If there is a need for a new staff member, there will be a thread for applications. Sometimes, but not very often at all, a user will be asked to be staff without an application.
I am not sure if admins get paid though.

Everyone is different. I rose to my position from a regular user.

It's all non-paid voluntary work.

Everyone is different. I rose to my position from a regular user.

It's all non-paid voluntary work.

You are a body-guard?
Hmmmmmmmmmm................. that's a pretty respectable job.
I will not deny being one has never crossed my mind but I have a better mental & musical fort.

there are a couple ways one can become a staff member. Firstly, there have been multiple staff drives, which numerous staff members can point to as when they were hired. Others were hired because sections were either undermanned or just starting and needed someone to oversee them. Basically, it all boils down to need. If a section is deemed in need of more moderation, the staff will find someone new to step in.

and no, no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom