• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

Mega Venusaur gives me some kinda Indian vibe. I really don't know why other than that the face markings resemble a bit of a bindi. I guess it's just the vines and more flowy leaves seems a bit like a sari.

Screw you guys, I'm going home Mega Blastoise looks amazing.

Also, not gonna lie, Mega Charizard is hot.

Oh, it's on the official site. The bracelet is called the Mega Ring, and evidently, it has to do with the bond between trainer and pokemon. The Mega Ring and Mega Stone work together. It's all coming into place now. I was sorta right, one does have to fully master their pokemon, but through the power of friendship. This IS the region of ultimate Pokemon Masters. I also realized something else. This means that for Mega Forms to work over Wi-fi, the Amie will have to be present.

Masuda did say there will be A LOT more Mega, still don't know the number, but I'm gonna assume it's a lot more than 50, 150-200 maybe.

Masuda did say there will be A LOT more Mega, still don't know the number, but I'm gonna assume it's a lot more than 50, 150-200 maybe.

Considering all of the different Pokémon at this point, I feel like this number is reasonable.

I don't think 200 Mega Evolutions is a reasonable number, but I wouldn't mind that much. Also, if that means they won't be introducing 150 new species, so yay, that is an awesome thing to me.

am the only one who sees mega charizard and goes 'eh' megablastoise is cool, but looks a tad awkward with the over the head cannon (and the new ability.. what pulse moves will he get?) and megavenusaur looks the most natural to me. and thick fat? holy carp.

"Gotta Mega Them All!" is what comes to my mind when I read about the possibility of over 200 Mega Pokémon. Also, these new reveals seems to support my theory of the Mega forms being the Pokémon's original, primordial forms (Then Kangaskhan comes to mind...)

Aw, I'm really disappointed with the typings...
It really was the perfect occasion to make Charizard turn into Fire/Dragon and retroactively suddenly have it make all the sense in all these Dragon teams, and Blastoise Water/Steel because cannons, specially since it's getting a cannon-based ability.
... Which gives me the feeling of "Gamefreak is too scared to change things", in regards to type changes. Not saying it's true, but it is the impression I am getting.

Which brings me to abilities. I had a feeling Venusaur would be getting the short end of the stick here, since I wouldn't see a type change for it and it'd have to rely on a good ability or stat boost. Admittedly, I'm not sure what suits best Venusaur, but a tank build seems pretty good for it specially when coupled with the Chloro-- oh...
Not like Thick Fat is bad, but Chlorophyll is one of the best abilities and Venusaur does a fantastic use of it. Unless the defensive boosts are really a big thing, I'm not sure if it's even worth losing Chlorophyll.

Charizard with Drought? On one hand, it outclasses Ninetales and may make Charizard pretty powerful. On the other... it is powerful simply out of using extremely strong attacks. It doesn't balance it out so much as turn it into a Glass Cannon, and I'd ironically think a Dragon-type instead would've been a better balancing. (Since they already put Fairy in there for the very reason of using Dragon as any other type)
Still, it is a very good ability and makes Charizard give something to the rest of the team, rewarding its use and potentially raising the use of Sun teams.

And finally, Blastoise. It's the hardest to comment on since we don't know the exact workings of Mega Launcher, but it seems it'll be just like Iron Fist. Taking assumptions, I think it's a pretty great ability for it to have (at least, outclassing his other two) as it would increase the power of coverage moves, such as Ice Beam or Flash Cannon, or even Signal Beam.
It makes me think that it's possible to see Blastoise adding more cannon-based moves to its movepool too.

Wait, no one's is commenting on Charizard getting Drought? Isn't this huge? Especially because it's Special Attack will be boosted, and I believe it's speed will too.

Man, all three look really good. Can't wait for my Mega Feraligatr and Octillery

Like Mega Blastoise, I think the design is nice and the arm shells/guns are a nice touch. Unsure on the ability though - the increase in power would have to be quite significant to consider changing from scald, surf/hydropump to waterpulse.

I bloody love the design of Mega Charizard. Very cool. Hopefully Drought will activate upon Mega Evolution though instead of needing to switch out and then back in again.

I'm currently indifferent to Mega Venusaur, though leaning more towards disliking it. Thick fat is a good addition, but I doubt it will prove as useful chlorophyll, but I guess we'll see

charizard and drought? eh he will still be a tough choice to use, though this does open his use as a lead: which would then undermine the stealth rocks that have plagued him for the past 2 generations. im kind of annoyed he got it though, as it kinda steps on ninetales and her gig which she finalllly got. :-/ unless theres a meganinetales... (please GF please?)

Mega blastoise gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "head cannon"

I like all the new Megas. Mega Blastoise is the best of all Megas. Those cannons are just awesome. Mega Venusaur is better than the original Venusaur. And Mega Charizard is good too. Good job designers!

not particularly fond of megablastoise, but i've never been a fan of him so im probably never going to use it.
on the other hand i like megacharizard, a little disappointed on the typing but i like the ability, im guessing it will be like having solar power active without the HP loss.
regarding megavenusaur, the design is cool and the stat boost to, but thick fat over clorophyl? at least they should've given him effect spore. oh well, i'll stick to regular clorophyl venusaur with drought megacharizard

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that they made MegaVenusaur's defensive stats equal to Cresselia's in order to try to get us to use him like that.

He would be pretty useful, though, since his only remaining weaknesses are to Psychic and Flying! And he still resists Fighting, Electric, Grass, and Poison.

Although it remains to be seen if Megaevolution into a defensive pokemon is a good idea at all, yet.

I don't like Mega Blastoise, but then again I don't like regular Blastoise either, so I don't really care. Mega Venusaur's design is odd, mostly the random pancake it has stuck to its forhead, but it's Venusaur, so it's still cool. Mega Charizard looks by far the best. Not a huge fan of the little arm wings, but whatever, it doesn't look too bad. I'm not loving the designs of any of the three, but Mega Charizard looks pretty good.

Drought on Mega Charizard seems amazing, and is definitely a great ability to have. Thick Fat seems sorta eh on Venusaur, but it is getting increased defenses so looks like they want it to become a tank in Mega and having two weaknesses is removed is a useful thing to have. They probably could have given it something better, but definitely not bad, just not what I would have expected. Mega Launcher works with pulse moves, like Water Pulse and Dark Pulse, not really seeing the merit of it right now, but until there's a list of moves that it powers up I won't crucify it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom