• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

I'd love a Mega-Quaqsire. It could really use the stat boost. Though admittedly the main reason I want it to get a mega-evolution it because it's still THE water/ground pokemon (in my mind). Man, that was such a novel typing back in gen 2...

All I know is that if Dugtrio gets a Mega Evolution, they should finally reveal what is under the ground. As for whatever else about it, I don't care, I just want to know what's down there.

I like that Mega Typhlosion, if it received a Mega Evolution I can definitely see it turning into something like that.

All these fake Mega Evolutions makes me want to create my own. Maybe I'll give Venusaur and Blastoise a chance.

Also, I agree about Mega Mewtwo's tail. Ridiculous decision to put it on the head.

I like that Mega Typhlosion, if it received a Mega Evolution I can definitely see it turning into something like that.

All these fake Mega Evolutions makes me want to create my own. Maybe I'll give Venusaur and Blastoise a chance.

Also, I agree about Mega Mewtwo's tail. Ridiculous decision to put it on the head.

he reminds me of that skinny buu from dragonball z with that silly headtail.

Now that I know what Wartortle's tail means, I kind of want Mega Blastoise to regain the tail.

The tailed turtle in Japan is a minogame - a turtle who has lived so long (10,000 years) seaweed has become part of their body and they are ascribed to have magical powers ala the Kyuubi. That's what Wartortle's ears and tail are supposed to be. That being said, I want the tail and some turtle mysticism back for Mega Blastoise.

Mega Blastoise could have a beautiful mane and tail ala Mega Ampharos :3c

Would be nice if it worked like limit/trance in Final Fantasy.

Trance was not (strategically speaking) like Limit Breaks at all, you could save a Limit Break until you needed it but Trance just kicked in automatically when the bar was full whether you needed/wanted it to or not.

So far it seems to be that you simply equip a Pokemon with a Mega Stone and then the ability to mega-evolve is available as an in-battle option on the Pokemon's fight menu.

Here's a couple ideas I've been having:

Mega Golurk

Ability: Moody
Stat changes: Increase Speed and Attack

The Pokedex entry alludes to the fact that Golurk can fly at mach speeds, and if the seal on its chest is removed, it's power would make its internal energy go out of control. While others view it as Mega Golurk becoming extremely powerful, I think it can be interpreted as Golurk being unable to regulate its power, hence Moody (or Sudden Impulse in Japan) because its an ability that best mimics an out of control power.

Mega Spiritomb
Ability: Prankster*
Stat changes: All stats become base 108

Okay, so this one is probably a bit more broken, but its dex entry says that 108 spirits were sealed into the Odd Keystone for their past misdeeds, so I was just keeping up with the 108 theme it has going on....that and I'd imagine some of Spiritomb's power is sealed in the Odd Keystone still. So it's Mega Evolution would be a temporarily release of the spirits, but into one amalgamated Pokemon. Prankster because it's said to have caused a lot of mischief before being sealed.

*Another alternative is a variation to Slow Start but not nearly as bad as to reset the counter every time you switched, just to limit its power a bit, but that seemed counter intuitive to Mega Evolutions.

I hope that weak pokemon would get more boost than strong pokemon when they go Mega. Like Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken only get one stat boost while Mawile and Absol get 2. This would only be fair because there can only be one Mega per team per battle so if they boost the already strong pokemon more, who would use the Mega of the weak one.

I hope that weak pokemon would get more boost than strong pokemon when they go Mega. Like Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken only get one stat boost while Mawile and Absol get 2. This would only be fair because there can only be one Mega per team per battle so if they boost the already strong pokemon more, who would use the Mega of the weak one.
Technically, Mawile is getting three stats boosts due to its ability, which is fair seeing as how its stats are far lower than Absol's.

Technically, Mawile is getting three stats boosts due to its ability, which is fair seeing as how its stats are far lower than Absol's.

The most OP one currently is Mega Blaziken, what with that Speed Boost. But again, without Speed Boost, Blaziken is nothing, with Speed Boost, it's OP, there is no middle ground.

"Mega goes beyond their Ultimate state." Oh God the can of worms they just opened.

Mega Evolutions for Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise. Gentlemen, you had my attention, but NOW you have my interest.

GREAT NEWS GUYS!
The Mega Kanto starters have been uploaded to the website.

Mega Venusaur: Grass/Poison. Ability: Thick Fat. Increased Defense and Special Defense.
Mega Charizard: Fire/Flying. Ability: DROUGHT!!! Increased Special Attack.
Mega Blastoise: Water. Ability: Mega Launcher (a new ability that increases the power of "Pulse"/"Hado" moves). No mention of a stat increase.

Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.jpg

What the fuck happened here. I'm gonna assume that we've got a ton of megas to expect and therefore the art team has to do quantity over quality.

Mega Blastoise looks silly. Its face looks hideous omg XD Mega Venusaur looks a bit weird, I think I like regular Venusaur better ._. I hate to say this, but I actually think Mega Charizard is the only that looks a bit good. As far as starters are concerned, Mega Blaziken is still the better one though.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom