• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

Well, it makes sense. Toise's cannons combined into a single one, there's no real need for it to have gained much more mass other than what it would normally from the cannons when they're separate. I think most of that weight actually came from the additional cannons on its arms, and some from the general bulk it gains upon Megavolving.

Blastoise's arm cannons seem the same size as its shoulder ones, the back cannon considerably bigger.

If the megaevolution can only last until the end of the battle, that doesnt mean it HAS to last until the end of the battle. Yanmega's speed boost can only last until the end of the battle, but the boosts can also be canceled if yanmega returns to pokeball.

The XY website says a Mon reverts to its normal form after the battle has ended, not when switched out. That implies that the form change lasts until the actual battle is over, not just until the Pokemon leaves battle.

It might just imply that the battle's end is one of the ways of making it reverting back, not the only one.

With Charizard getting Drought, I have to wonder whether one of the other Water starters will be given Drizzle.
I can easily see Swampert receiving Drizzle. Then, give Torterra Sand Stream!
Basically, all the starters with a 4x weakness get a weather ability.

I thought people who played the demo said Mega Pokemon couldn't be switched out? You had to either win the battle or have it faint to switch monsters.

I thought people who played the demo said Mega Pokemon couldn't be switched out? You had to either win the battle or have it faint to switch monsters.

The demo is set up so Mewtwo is the only pokemon you have when you battle Professor Sycamore. All of the other pokemon you have obtained prior to that battle are taken away.

I easily love the Mega form for Charizard a lot, I can't get over how cute and draconic it looks now. Those wings on those arms are a nice addition and the more damaged, cracked wings with pointed ends at the top. Much better looking then the normal Charizard ever was.

Last edited:

Mega Charizard reignited my love for him. I used to hate him for how overrated he was, but now, I'm like "YOU'RE GONNA BE BEST FRIENDS WITH MEGA-FENNEKIN". So cute, yet so badass at the same time!

Mega Blastoise, though...um, wow. That cannon. 8U; Mega Venusaur is all right.

I'm still hoping Mega Blastoise's ability boosts more than simply moves with the word "pulse" on it (i.e. virtually one for it). The circumstances (Blastoise doesn't learn many "pulse" moves) imply it won't be exclusive to it, and the name and potential theme imply cannons.

Going with other cannon-themed things, including Octillery's movepool or Blastoise's former signature move (Hydro Cannon), it just seems pretty pointless it would not boost a larger list of moves with some kind of flag similar to Iron Punch's set.

Granted... I have been holding my hopes too high so far. A boost to Ice Beam and Hydro Cannon seem great and in line with the balancing Mega Charizard and Mega Venusaur got, but while they DID display Hydro Cannon being used, they mentioned no boost in power for it, unlike Mega Charizard's Blast Burn.

I mean, otherwise what moves do we have, Water Pulse, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse? Even if we get more "Elemental Pulse" moves, it seems quite a pointless ability to restrict it to that.

I think that now Mega Blastoise will learn "Tri Attack" .
All three are epic-looking.
Seeing as it would have to know the attack before mega evolving, chances are pretty slim.

Hopefully since Charizard wasn't the only Kanto to get Mega, this means Sceptile and Swampert have Megas too.

Re: MEGA EVOLUTION: How the kanto starters will affect the x&y meta game. (THEORETICA

You realize how utterly useless it is to give Ferrothorn Focus Sash don't you? It's one of the most defensive Pokemon in the game and apart from its x4 weakness (which according to Smogon, it can still survive Flamethrowers from users like Tyrannitar, and even outwall fire users in rain despite its x4 weakness) you're giving a scenario that would almost never happen, and if the person did use Focus Sash Ferrothorn, they probably aren't that great a battler to bother anyway.

Like you realize Ninetales isn't going to be out forever, you just need to force it to switch out with another Pokemon (same with Charizard) and then switch Ferrothorn in at appropriate times.

"If you're a hipster" isn't a valid scenario where Charizard is better than Ninetales outright.

2, If your running a sun team and you throw your drought user out the 3rd/4th turn your a idiot. this is implying sending out charizard first

Doesn't seem that idiotic when you feign not being a weather team to take out your opponent's weather inducer before sending out your Drought user. I've done that with my Hail team back in DP's early days and won me victories against more powerful Sand teams. But that's besides the point. In a metagame with four types of weather, you're going to be switching your weather on and off multiple times. That's basically the game even when it was just Sand vs. Hail. Your Charizard is basically only going to do its job once.

Kind of hard listening to a person saying "your an idiot" while suggesting that Focus Sash Ferrothorn is a valid threat for consideration.

3 for stealth rock users /\
Not even sure what this is referring to.
4, Mega venusaur with bulk and thick fat
That still doesn't come out to "it does quarter damage" considering that its defenses aren't confirmed to double, so yeah, pulling numbers out of your ass.

5. mega cannon as stated by serebii said it raises its attack so it was'nt that clairifyed
"mega cannon as stated by serebii" isn't an official source considering we know what Mega Cannon does "as stated by the official XY site" and considering the time you posted your thread, you should have known too.

Tyranitar has that low special attack I would'nt expect it to on OHKO.

I based all of my info off serebii, mainly because I did'nt look at any other sites.

Also, welcome to OU, where drizzle and drought run amok, and there are little to no sand teams.

I based quarter damage off of normal venusaur to mega venusaur ,

And because people seem not to read title, I said THEORETICAL. that's implying every thing goes as said here.

My only complaint is that stupid flower on Mega Venusaur. It doesn't look like a real flower. It looks like a bad toupee.

With Charizard getting Drought, I have to wonder whether one of the other Water starters will be given Drizzle.
I can easily see Swampert receiving Drizzle. Then, give Torterra Sand Stream!
Basically, all the starters with a 4x weakness get a weather ability.

sand stream torterra.... omg yes please. id take that SPECIAL DEFENSE BOOST, YUM YUM.

I just notice that the pink flower is not only on top of Mega Venusaur head's but there is also one on top of its behind. Mega Launcher, the cannons on Mega Blastoise arms look a lot like the Wonder Launcher, I guess that why they call it Mega Launcher.

I just notice that the pink flower is not only on top of Mega Venusaur head's but there is also one on top of its behind.

its like a car freshener, and thats the section of venusaur id presume would need it. stinky :D

It look rather like a slide of carrot cut out to flower shape to me. But I like your joke.

Wait, no one's is commenting on Charizard getting Drought? Isn't this huge? Especially because it's Special Attack will be boosted, and I believe it's speed will too.
I agree - you just know that every Charizard will be packing a SolarBeam now. Heck, it may as well learn the move by level-up.

Mine already knows Solarbeam. And the best part is that the ability completely replaces the item it holds, which is perfect considering I'll have to replace the item with the megastone anyway.

I believe Ishihara said in the Direct "I am excited to see every Pokemon get a Mega Evolution". Do you think this will occur with every fully-evolved Pokemon?

I'm sure it's a long term goal for the Pokemon company, even if it won't be done in XY.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom