• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
So far both the Y-exclusive Megas all play it safe and close to the chest, while the X Megas get radically turned around to the point that their types are changing. Sounds like a safe bet that if Blastoise and Venusaur do get exclusive X-forms (assuming they're Y, following the same close-to-the-chest pattern), they might wind up swap-typed, too (perhaps in Venusaur's case, dropping Poison instead of a switch).

Edit: Oh what never mind. One of the leakers said that he got Charizardite. As in there's probably one one variety. So I guess this means that the version exclusive Megas are only obtainable in their respective games.
You're putting too much stock in someone's wording. The official website confirms that there are two Charizardite items:

When Charizard holds a Charizardite X, it can Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard X!
Mega Charizard Y is the result when Charizard Mega Evolves using Charizardite Y, which can be obtained in Pokémon Y.

Psyched for Mega Charizard X's physical boost in stats and ability. Will be running a Belly Drum/Dragon Claw/Flare Blitz/EQ set, probably.

So far both the Y-exclusive Megas all play it safe and close to the chest, while the X Megas get radically turned around to the point that their types are changing. Sounds like a safe bet that if Blastoise and Venusaur do get exclusive X-forms (assuming they're Y, following the same close-to-the-chest pattern), they might wind up swap-typed, too (perhaps in Venusaur's case, dropping Poison instead of a switch).

in b4 water/steel mega blastoise x and grass/...fairy? venusaur x!

god i hope they get a second mega.

:edit:

also, maybe charizardite X and charizardite Y are both called just "charizardite" in game, but each can only be obtained in their respective game and are coded differently? O_O

Still not sure how Mewtwo Y is playing it safe, considering how its entire design almost literally got turned upside down.

Still not sure how Mewtwo Y is playing it safe, considering how its entire design almost literally got turned upside down.
Design's got nothing to do with it. It's about the stat increases and battle effectiveness. Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y take their best stats and get them pumped up, which means you can use the same exact moves for either you would use competitively, and be just as effective. Same strategy, now on steroids. /That/ is playing it safe. Only the most die-hard-core fans won't use 'em if Megavolutions turns out to be the thing.

Hydreigon was a monster when it was introduced.but with the useless 'fairy' type giving it a 4x weakness.....ahhh ... so frustrated!!!!Why cant they just allow a great yet very slow pokemon be free!!???
Now they give garchomp and other pokemon cool evolutions but think twice for hydra!!!What is wrong with them.So here we are if, pokemon doesnt give it more power i guess pokemon has gone mad

Only select Pokémon get two mega evolutions. Not all of them.

We also know the names Blazikenite and Lucarionite. So only a select few have two I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still really irked that the other Kanto starters are getting shafted with only one Mega option. The starters, more than any other Pokemon (with the exception of maybe paired Legendaries) are a "set". It's not just because my precious Bulba is left out; I'd still be annoyed if only he got two Megas. The starters are the face of their region, and to single one out for special treatment just seems lopsided. And if they wanted to give Charizard a Dragon typing as a nod to the people who thought he needed it, they could have just made a single Mega and had him change typing. There isn't really a need for two.

I mean when will they reveal the Ultimate Mega Evolution Mega Spinda?
It's about timw. :mad:

plot twist: mega seismitoad is palpitoad

Last edited by a moderator:
Still really irked that the other Kanto starters are getting shafted with only one Mega option. The starters, more than any other Pokemon (with the exception of maybe paired Legendaries) are a "set". It's not just because my precious Bulba is left out; I'd still be annoyed if only he got two Megas. The starters are the face of their region, and to single one out for special treatment just seems lopsided. And if they wanted to give Charizard a Dragon typing as a nod to the people who thought he needed it, they could have just made a single Mega and had him change typing. There isn't really a need for two.

There isn't a need for mega evolutions at all, and yet, here we are.

The starter Pokemon, however often they're seen as a yet, are still three completely different Pokemon, and I therefore see no reason why they all need to have two mega evolutions, just because one of them received two.

The starter Pokemon, however often they're seen as a yet, are still three completely different Pokemon, and I therefore see no reason why they all need to have two mega evolutions, just because one of them received two.

Every starter, including retroactively Pikachu, has had at least three evolutions. How do you think the fandom would've reacted if say - Chespin didn't evolve, period for no other reason than GameFreak didn't think it would be popular?

10 is better than none, i suppose. I just don't want Gen V Pokemon to get left out, regardless of whether their recent or not -.-

So I guess they won't. I'm happy that they won't!
Why? Unova had some of the best Pokemon designs in the series, i personally would like to see some Unova Pokemon get Mega evolutions to expand on those designs.

I meant I'm happy mega stones won't be consumed.

10 is better than none, i suppose. I just don't want Gen V Pokemon to get left out, regardless of whether their recent or not -.-

So I guess they won't. I'm happy that they won't!
Why? Unova had some of the best Pokemon designs in the series, i personally would like to see some Unova Pokemon get Mega evolutions to expand on those designs.

I meant I'm happy mega stones won't be consumed.

Why would they? Temporary power-up or not, it'd be really inconvenient if they disappeared.

Every starter, including retroactively Pikachu, has had at least three evolutions. How do you think the fandom would've reacted if say - Chespin didn't evolve, period for no other reason than GameFreak didn't think it would be popular?

It would be the single most hilarious thing they have ever done to have 3 starters but one of them secretly never evolves! OMG.

On topic: Still crossing my fingers for a Grass/Fairy MegaMeganium

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom