• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Minor improvements Pokemon Z ABSOLUTELY needs.

Simba

Reaction score
The topic title says it all. No big ideas, no major changes -- just tell us what minor improvements Z (or X2/Y2 or XX/XY or XZ/YZ or however they do it) need.

There's one I can think of that Pokemon has needed for a long, long, LONG time. It's so, so obvious and would be utterly simple, I honestly can't fathom why it's not included yet.

Reverse. GTS. Search.

You choose a Pokemon you have, and it searches for people who want that mon. Come on! That would be so awesome and so easy!

The ability to:
Change clothing color
A shirt you can put sprites of things on
Mega Dunsparce

all I can think of atm

Tweak the Challenge Writs on the Battle Chateau, PLEASE. Update their movesets, rosters, and AI the higher you go with them.

As it stands, certain Pokemon for various Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and Diantha get progressively worse. Just check them out on the main site! On the Black Writ of Challenge, Diantha's Lv.80 Gardevoir has Stored Power without a boosting move. Siebold's Starmie has no STAB moves and its only primary attack is Swift. Korrina's Lucario uses Heal Pulse in a Single Battle. The list goes on.

Its casualization to a completely absurd degree. Its a "Challenge Mode", one that costs you in-game money, and it actually dumbs itself down. WHY.

And then the rosters are pretty small compared to what we got in Platinum, HGSS, or PWT too...

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider a "reverse GTS search" to be a 'minor' improvement, but that aside....

Obviously:
- Compatibility with OR/AS introduced Megas and Primal Groudon/Kyogre.
- All minor bugfixes that were introduced with OR/AS, like the trading animation reflecting the actual type of Poke Ball each Pokemon is in.

As for things specific to XY:
- Add Megas to the Kalos Elite Four.
- Ability to enable/disable rollerskates from the key items menu.
- Reduce the BP cost of the Ability Capsule. I really don't get why this thing is so damned expensive, especially considering it's a single-use item that you can only get in the postgame.

As for things specific to XY:
- Reduce the BP cost of the Ability Capsule. I really don't get why this thing is so damned expensive, especially considering it's a single-use item that you can only get in the postgame.
THIS.

I get why it's so slagging expensive but for that amount of BP, it ought to be more than one time use. Granted, I don't have to slog through the Maison to get 200 BP--I gain a ton via Bank--but it's still irritating as all get-out. Drop the cost on this one, please.

I'd also like a companion medication to go along with the Ability Capsule that can give a Pokemon its HA. Sure, you can make that 200 BP or whatever and that would be fine. I'd just like to see it happen.

I'd also love to see a lot more customization. In X and Y, if you were female and did a PR vid, you could add things like freckles to your character. However, they weren't permanent and to me, that was a cop-out. What if I wanted to be a fair-skinned redhead with blue eyes sporting freckles? What if I wanted to add a beauty mark to my left cheek? I couldn't and I didn't think that was particularly fair.

Also, let's not be so gender-restrictive with the clothing. If I want to wear a tuxedo and I'm female, let me do that please. And let me get rid of the hat every one and a while. Let me head breathe for once; I don't always need a cap, you know!

Last of all: Mega Golurk. Just let that happen and I'll shut up for a while. :-D

Battle Frontier. I went through my "Pokemon isn't cool anymore" phase before Emerald came out, so I never got to play it. Would love to see what the fuss was about.

Also, I like the reverse-GTS idea. If I may, I'd tag an ammendment to changing the GTS: make it so people can't request event Pokemon. I want your Chimchar. I don't want to give you a Meloetta for it...

More customisation options would be a very good thing. Particularly if they allowed some really outlandish and fancy clothes. I'd love to wander round in a fancy longcoat which billowed out dramatically behind me. Also, maybe make some outfits based on/inspired by specific pokemon. While we're at it, there need to be more options for hat feathers. Feathers are awesome. Basically, the whole customisation thing has loads of potential, but it could do with widening its scope a little.

In ORAS, they definitely dropped a pretty big hint about possibly reviving the Battle Frontier at some point. Just make it happen. The Battle Maison's okay, but after a while, just battling straight up loses its appeal. They should bring back the other areas, or create new ones. And then, to make it feel special, the Battle Tower could use full teams, or at least larger ones, or something. I don't know, I'm just spouting thoughts I happen to like the idea of at this point.

As others have said, the ability capsule definitely needs some tweaking. As it is at the moment, it has no reason to cost so much BP. If it let you change to and from hidden abilities, it would be worth that, and possibly just worth having in general. Also, seeing as hidden abilities are kinda hard and annoying to get currently (especially since my DexNav stopped working) a reliable way to get them would be very much appreciated.

Post-game content. That's all for now.

Yes. This. XY was so lacking in this. ORAS stepped it up a bit, with the Delta Episode, but that was still quite short, and the final battle was a huge disappointment. It could have been great, but Rayquaza decreed otherwise. Silly Rayquaza.

EDIT: Also, not so many megas this time. Game Freak are being too careless with megas, and if they keep this rate up, they'll be out of potential good candidates in no time at all. I personally argue a lot of them weren't good candidates in the first place, but what do I know?

More color to make everything a little less pale. More poststory content. More variety in battle facilities. And, most importantly... new, god-tier battle music. When I compare it to the other games in the franchise, the current battle music of Kalos is REALLY lacking. (Or they could just include Zinnia's battle theme in there. I'd be satisfied.)

Get rid of Tierno and Trevor are high on my list, though unlikely to happen.

For me it's just wanting to see more things fleshed out, like the haunted house, the Lumiose ghost girl, the note in the train station, the spare doors to the power plant etc

- Give Shauna a better place to hang out postgame, please. It feels so awkward that she stands in front of your house in Vaniville Town doing nothing at all, except stalking you of course.

Come to think of it, it would be cool to find those specific NPC's (Gym Leaders, Rivals etc.) in random places across the region. I think it could make the game (especially postgame) a bit more living and dynamic by just doing that.

- Make night really NIGHT this time.

The big thing that I'd love to see is more customization options that are not restricted by gender. :x Most of the clothing/hairstyles available for female characters are way too feminine for my liking, and while I love the clothing/hairstyle options that male characters get it feels weird having to play as a different gender just to have a character that looks more like me.

Aside from that, I agree with a few that have already been stated:
- more post-game content
- ability to enable/disable the rollerskates

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom