• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Minor improvements Pokemon Z ABSOLUTELY needs.

Actually you could have forfeited PWT matches as many times as you wanted to and received Shards as consolation prizes. Granted it is still random but it is definitely better than running around in caves trying to find one, at least in my opinion.
That takes too long. At least i would be going around Unova anyway.

Eh, what about the shard collecting mini-game? That Funfest Mission that places a ton of shards all over Unova's map, and you have 3 minutes to collect as many as you can. You can do it as many times as you want, and basically replenish your stock infinitely. Which colors you get is randomized, but its still a reliable way of collecting Shards quickly.
I am still not 100% sure what this is about even after looking it up. Over-complicated much?

Like in the Orre games?

Or remember back in the day where we all thought Brendan had white hair....

I meant a core series game where the PC is hat-less. A few of the spinoffs, like the Orre games you mentioned and the Range series have had PC's without hats (sometimes without any headgear at all) but they have yet to do this in earnest for the main series of games.

PD And speaking of minor improvements, how about if your character finally gets to take his hat off ? I like hats sometimes... but usually would prefer no hat at all.

I would want this too, but the guys in charge have already stated in interviews that they will never give up the hat thing, so I have no hope for that. They claimed that it defines who the PC is or something. Why they need a hat to point out the main character, I don't know, but I guess it's better than the usual alternative of absurdly spiky hair... :sweat:

OH! So THAT'S what they could do to "do something unexpected!" Never mind whether they make a third version or whatever; they could release a game where the player characters don't wear hats. Would that blow everyone's minds or what?!

Hahahaha I think it is the "Ash Ketchum/Pokemon Trainer Red legendarium. You know, he always wears his hat. So this way they kinda relate the player to Ash Ketchum´s story. And it´s quite hilarious they let you change the type of hat, even wear a Pangoro mask kinda thing. Anything but taking the hat off!

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cents:

• Add post-game content, maybe somthing on par with ORAS (or HGSS)
  • Unisex Clothing.
  • Pigtails for the ladies, longer hair for the dudes. Actually, just new hairstyles in general
  • AZ should have a bigger role in the plot
  • One more event legendary; Like Deoxys
  • Mixing up the rosters, to add some variety
  • Some sort of bonus content depending on if you have the earlier games and spinoffs (from this generation)
  • Some exclusive area like the Island in Sinnoh (maybe the Sevii Islands?)
  • Contests/Spectaculars (and Wallace and Lissia cameos)
  • Maybe some special wardrobe items to make the model of the PC look like the trainer classes

Here's my 2 cents:

• Unisex Clothing.
  • Pigtails for the ladies, longer hair for the dudes. Actually, just new hairstyles in general
  • Maybe some special wardrobe items to make the model of the PC look like the trainer classes

I really really really want them to increase the choice of clothings and hairstyles for Calem. I was utterly disappointed when I saw that Serena had a lot more variety regarding clothings and hairstyles. I want Calem rocking lengthy punk rock purple hair. I want him dressed in a tux (Steven goes around collecting rocks just fine in a business suit so no excuses). I WANT CALEM IN SHORT-SHORTS!! *screams*

One thing I would like is the ability to release multiple Pokemon at once instead of just one at a time. It would be useful for when you're doing a lot of breeding, or if you have a ton of Zigzagoons or something from wonder trade that you don't want.

-Post game content with Diancie (although I guess Volcanion might come out for Z)
-More clothing options. Let us dress up with special rare outfits (PC's, rivals, Team grunts, etc.)
-If it doesn't come for ORAS, let us take a boat to the Battle Frontier, maybe even let us see an older Brendan, May and Wally.

Give Serena a Pangoro hat or something cooler than Slurpuff clothing. If they want something feminine, give her something female Pyroar-related. I'll be a happy camper if that happens.

A better post-game is all I ask for.

Actually, maybe not just that.

I'd also want to see more Pokemon-related clothing. I'd like Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise outfits please!

I had wrote some of these things in another thread, but I think this is a better place to put it.

-More customization: glasses, sunglasses, beard, black power, punk hair, rocker clothes, long hair for man, short hair for woman, bald-head.
-A prequel or a sequel, but not a better game version. Please, no.
-New mega evolutions, obtained only in "Z".
-Hoenn as the post game, similar to Gold and Silver. In this third game, be possible to fight in BF with May and/or Brendam as the new brains, in the same way we face champion Red in GSC.
-The rivals Shauna and Tierno or Shauna and Trevor for protagonists. Its just a idea, imo much better than other protagonists coming from nowhere. Though i would rather play as Serena and Calem again.
-Expand the conception of the Kalos War. Its really interesting.

Being able to mass wondertrade or something. I hate having to save each time and select wondertrade when I have 3 boxfulls of good Pokemon that I eventually release because it takes hours to wondertrade!

-Mega evolutions for the new Gen VI pokemon

-More attention to the legendary pokemon. Seriously, Xerneas and Yvetal barely even appeared in X/Y. Any while we're at it...

-Any explanation for just what the frick Zygarde is. I mean, previous generations would at least give us some hints towards the third legendary's deal before the third game came out, but X/Y doesn't have squat save for an incredibly vague pokedex entry. I mean, you couldn't at least have some NPCs or library books or something with some clues in there?

One thing I would like is the ability to release multiple Pokemon at once instead of just one at a time. It would be useful for when you're doing a lot of breeding, or if you have a ton of Zigzagoons or something from wonder trade that you don't want.

Being able to mass wondertrade or something. I hate having to save each time and select wondertrade when I have 3 boxfulls of good Pokemon that I eventually release because it takes hours to wondertrade!

I think what we need is the option to release or to trade by the box. I'd be delighted if I could wonder trade boxes of bred Pokemon I don't need.

- Ability to enable/disable rollerskates from the key items menu.

I wish I could like this post more than once for that one. If you're forced to keep the rollerskates on again it will seriously impact my decision to buy the game or not.

Also reverse GTS search would be awesome, while I was completing the national dex I ended up with so many Pokémon I don't need and which I think other people would love. But I don't want to throw them in Wonder Trade to just get another Zigzagoon, I would love to see what other people want to trade for them.

Also:
  • Post-game content, I want to be able to spend more time with my main game Pokémon.
  • Customization for Pokémon, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase.
  • More customization for the PC's, like more hair colors (green, blue, etc.), glasses and things like freckles like @Silverwynde; said.
  • Battle Frontier
  • More interesting (and maybe less) rivals.
  • Better battle music.
  • Difficulty settings.
  • Don't force the player to battle with someone else's Lucario just to demonstrate Mega evolution.
  • Mega evolutions for the X/Y starters, it's ridiculous that they didn't have them in the first place.
  • To be able to choose which Pokémon you want to train with the Exp.Share instead of always giving Exp to every Pokémon, or make two Exp.shares: the Exp.All and the old one.
  • Wonder Trade improvements, like @Lysson; said: it takes so long now if you want to trade multiple Pokémon.
  • Option for Pokémon following you like in HGSS, if this is included I will buy the game no matter what.

And this would also be very awesome.

Last edited:
-Stop giving the Gym Leaders 2-3 Pokemon, especially 7 and 8
-Nerf the EXP Share back to the way it was.
-Bring back the difficulty settings from B2W2 but make them available from the start
-Fix some Pokemon's movepools to have more options.
-Gym Rematches
-Remove the selective order of the E4. I've always hated this since BW, it was always more challenging to fight them in a specific order.
-Give Megas to Pokemon people actually like
-Don't make new Megas super broken like Salamence, Kangaskhan and Rayquaza were.

Yeah they really need to things alittle more challenging that that.

Somehow I don't want that to happen, nor do I think GF would nerf the Exp Share.

-Bring back the difficulty settings from B2W2 but make them available from the start

That I very much support. We can even have the Challenge mode remove the Exp Share altoghether.

As much as I would like that. It might make them unbalanced if they have a move to counter their weakness

-Gym Rematches

Happened in XY, so i think they are a shoe in

-Remove the selective order of the E4. I've always hated this since BW, it was always more challenging to fight them in a specific order.

OR/AS kinda did that. As for the new reagon I don't think that would happen for simialr reasons to the Exp. Share thing

>implying that people didn't like Garshomp, Metagross, Latios, Latias, or 420-Blaziken

-Don't make new Megas super broken like Salamence, Kangaskhan and Rayquaza were.

Broken Megas are kinda inevitable. It's a new mechanic and the resulting pokemon would almost always be Legendary tier stat-wise, with the only handicaps being the inability to use items (unless you're Raquayza) and a limit of 1 per team

A lot of suggestions posted here don't really seem that "minor". Things like a GTS overhaul doesn't seem likely until a new generation to me, as it's pretty major.

Mega evolutions for the X/Y starters, it's ridiculous that they didn't have them in the first place.

They probably didn't give them them because they first wanted to see how popular they were and how they fit into the metagame (so how their Megas could be worked to either improve them, make them more relevant or change up their strategy if they are used a lot). Previous gen Pokemon have been around for years, so they'd already have a basic idea of which were popular and how they are used/what they'd need to improve them. Diancie is an exception of course, but because it's event exclusive it isn't allowed in VGC or Battle Spot, so they could create it however they wanted really.

I mean, Game Freak were surprised that people were using special attacks on Aegislash when it has 150 base Sp.Atk. So they aren't very good at predicting outcomes and most likely wanted to wait and see how people ended up using Kalos mons before giving them Megas. (At least this just my theory.)

And which Megas have been given to Pokemon people don't like? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people don't. :|

> poke amie could stand to be more interesting, like have more backgrounds and mechanics and whatnot. I love rainbows and kawaii-desu as much as any pseudo-otaku does but it gets dull after a while.
> can the rivals actually be rivals this time (not counting calem/serena because I can't take them seriously due to just being the leftover pc). While they're at it can they make a douchebag rival again, I like cheren and co. but frankly it's been too damn long since we've had a rival I've wanted to punch.

only "minor" things I can think of atm, most of the stuff I want is more in the "major" category

-Gym Rematches

are you fucking serious bro

I mean don't get me wrong I don't give a shit about most pokemon and by extension most megas, but I'm not in some blatant denial that these pokemon are popular like you apparently are. In fact, I think they're focusing too much on the popular pokemon. Well, not so much anymore, ORAS helped.

Also what's with the EXP Share thing. I agree that it makes the game too easy but let's not ignore nerds who like EV training (read: me) because it makes it like 388% easier. It's definitely fair for post game.

Your other points I agree with, I have to admit. Especially difficulty modes and gym rematches. Seriously.

That Mega thing was just a joke because of the amount of people hoping Flygon and Milotic were getting megas in ORAS.

A majority of the fans hate Audino's Mega anyway :/

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom