• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty Club

Confirm/deny: Misty is awesome.

• Confirm

Votes: 550 84.0%
  • Deny, also I support terrorism

Votes: 105 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that at this rate memories and reruns are all we will have left of her. Something needs to be done in order to change this no question about it.

Sadly,from the looks of it and way this anime is going this is very possible scenary.
Writers are slowly but surely trying to get rid of Misty completely from this show treating her like garbage in these days acting like she was never important part of this show being in it,and the saddest part is we cant do much about it.

There were plenty of reasons they could have her return for,but they passed everything up with result being Misty not being seen for total of 5 years and whole Battle Frontier and Sinnoh passing without any appearance from her.In episode count thats more than 240 episodes.

How hard was it exactly to create some tournament for her to appear for like they did with May,or to advertize new water type,to play some role in Team Galactic or Hunter J plot like Gary did,to be at Pallet town or to come for Sinnoh league but absolutely nothing happened.Not because reasons werent valid enough but because writers clearly wanted to avoid her.

We all know they never gave her enough development as its been explained by ex head writer Takeshi Shudo doing her injustice,replacing her with unfinished story with lot of things going for her never seeing resolution(especially her goal of becoming water pokemon master),with lot of unused potential being left shafting her character so much in these days being limited to extremely small and few between appearances and thats if were lucky.

Now i stil dont think she will be written out completely,but having her appear once after every 10 years(seems she wont be in Pallet this time aswell)for one mere episode with her plots being ignored and left open like they never existed is slap in the face to this great character and her fanbase.

I cant speak for others,but to me Misty definitely deserves more than this.If writers were any smart they would bring her back as main character or at least give her more frequent appearances giving her about 3 to 4 episodes when she appears satisfying fans and giving her some spotlight and new material,which would be only beneficial for TV ratings,but as its been showed they arent.

Judging by new Isshu saga,with Ash going back to its roots like turning his hat back like he did in Kanto or Brock being replaced with Dento who has quite a few similarities being first gym leader joining Ash on top of that being waiter having wide knowleadge about pokemon,effectively getting rid out of even staple characters like Joey and Jenny with whole saga being allegendly fast paced make it seem like writers are trying to copy Kanto,basically sending message "screw original series and everything from them".

Pokemon to me is starting to lose on its identity,with everything which represented once this series and standed for them being written out.Well it already lost good part of itself when Misty was replaced taking away some sort of spark which only her character could bring,but things are getting even worse from now on.

I already noticed how many Misty fans who used to come on this site or any other,have given up on this show being dissapointed with way writers treat older haracters expressing how they feel about it and i cant say i blame them.

Apologies for this wall of text but i felt it was needed to say some things.

Last edited:
According to SerebiiForums-PokeshippingThread Misty's voice actress is not listed in the last DP episode. This is shame and sucks. I will probably give up with BW series.

Smart decision, they don't care about anyone anymore so maybe its best to ignore this series and only focus on certain parts. I know I will not be watching it at all, not even the first Pallet Town episodes.

Pokemon to me is starting to lose on its identity,with everything which represented once this series and standed for them being written out.Well it already lost good part of itself when Misty was replaced taking away some sort of spark which only her character could bring,but things are getting even worse from now on.

I already noticed how many Misty fans who used to come on this site or any other,have given up on this show being dissapointed with way writers treat older haracters expressing how they feel about it and i cant say i blame them.

Apologies for this wall of text but i felt it was needed to say some things.

Yes, it is losing its identity and I'm not saying it's just because of Misty. The anime seems to drag more and more, and more or less has been plagued with no originality and whatsoever.

It's a shame that they didn't even bring up Misty for the last DP episode. A lot of fans were expecting her to be reunited with her friends.

PS...
Sorry for the long absence. I've missed this place.

From what I heard the last episode of Diamond and Pearl takes place at Dawn's house in Shinoh and not in Kanto. Apparently the first two episodes of Pokemon Black and White take place in Kanto so all hope is not lost.

From what I heard the last episode of Diamond and Pearl takes place at Dawn's house in Shinoh and not in Kanto. Apparently the first two episodes of Pokemon Black and White take place in Kanto so all hope is not lost.

Still sad that the only cameo appearance Misty had in DP is the Lure. I wanted to see her in person. Sigh...

I'm still betting for the two episodes in Kanto for the BW.

I am too, just look for Mayumi Iizuka to appear on the VA list and then you can start celebrating. The odds are favorable for this to happen and now is by far the best time.

I do not think Misty is awesome, and apparently I support terrorism.

jk, Misty was the first friend Ash traveled with and is therefore awesome.

I am too, just look for Mayumi Iizuka to appear on the VA list and then you can start celebrating. The odds are favorable for this to happen and now is by far the best time.

Couldn't agree more. Since the first 2 episodes take place in Kanto, that's a good sign that Misty might make an appearance. :) I'll definitely keep an eye on the VA list. ^^

Please do so if you can find VA lists for future episodes, that would be very helpful to myself and the others who frequent this thread. I saw one linked on the SPP forums but can't seem to find ones for episodes past that point.

soo after seeing the new female character for B&W anime, not only was it not misty, but theres no brock either? yeah I give up on the anime :p

I know Misty won't return as a main cast but I really wish she would appear in BW. She didn't appear in DP at alone and that sucks. Sigh... I miss her.

I know Misty won't return as a main cast but I really wish she would appear in BW. She didn't appear in DP at alone and that sucks. Sigh... I miss her.

I doubt Misty will return as main either,though reasons definitely exist and writers could have her return to main if they really wanted.Personally i always thought how it would be good to reunite original trio for one last adventure before end(real end)of pokemon serie swith alot people wishing it.Oh well.

But your right,its really sad that writers neglect her so much in these days like she was never part of pokemon series being very important at one point gaining huge fanbase with many people wanting her return just dumping her at gym never to be seen again with her story never getting closure.

Im sure she will return at one point(God nows when this may be),but this kind of approach toward older characters who are very popular and important for succes of pokemon anime in first place is completely wrong tactic coming from writers which is bringing nothing good.

Sadly..Yes!Misty didn't even have an appearancee in Sinnoh and the whole DP episodes..but luckily Ash was there to Mention Misty about the 'mini Misty lure''.We also see the handkerchief in the left side corner in a best Wishes episode.*I hope i was*
I hope this will be a sign for having an appearance,though it's far for what I think,I hope the wriers would make and have a chance for Misty to get back on the show.Even she's in the gym as te gym leader,I hope there's a time for a gym leader to travel sometimes,..now quite sure but ''hoping'' MIsty could get even a little experience and join with Ash and the group again.

Even she's in the gym as te gym leader,I hope there's a time for a gym leader to travel sometimes,..now quite sure but ''hoping'' MIsty could get even a little experience and join with Ash and the group again.

Actually there is very valid reason for which Misty could leave gym to travell again.Her ultimate goal was to become water pokemon master and since this isnt possible to achieve there,leaving gym for some period to travell and learn new things,battling stronger trainers and competing in water based competitions like Whirl Cup wold allow for her to sharp her skils becoming stronger as trainer,aswell adding to her arsenal new water types she finds on the way.

Afterall Misty only returned back to gym because of obligation,taking care of it since sisters were incompetent but if writers want they could make one of them more responsible(Daisy could work),or open new subplot introducing someone of Mistys family(some relative maybe)allowing her to leave gym and expand her own horizonts.

Consuidering her character never got closure,writers have gateway to bring her back having justified reason behind it developing her story more,but sadly it doesnt seem like theyre interested in doing this any time soon.
It wouid be great if Misty returns(its been too long already),and it does have some tiny/small chance but given how things are being played out with apparent semi-reboot of Kanto in Isshu things seem darker than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom