• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm honestly upset about how that went down. There was no reason that Pikachu should've claimed cop day one unless he was mafia or the cop. Anything else and you risk the cop counter claiming and outing themselves. Only reason to claim cop as town if you're not is if the cop comes to you and asks you to.

Still town though
This is why I decided to reamin neutral day 1
Now I have a couple scum reads but I doubt there worth anything as they've all been said before

Give them. I would like the reads, and your own reasoning on them.

Wow, I'm honestly upset about how that went down. There was no reason that Pikachu should've claimed cop day one unless he was mafia or the cop. Anything else and you risk the cop counter claiming and outing themselves. Only reason to claim cop as town if you're not is if the cop comes to you and asks you to.

Give them. I would like the reads, and your own reasoning on them.
rainbow cloud is number one thus far for defending pikachu as cop(iirc, I haven't read the thread completely, just skimmed and read interesting posts), when she wasn't cop nor mafia.
AussieEevee is number 2 for keeping his joke vote as long as he did is his scum meta(also iirc, but if I where to joke vote that long,{which I did} I usually do it to keep neutrality)
everyone else is null or town thus far though.

I don't really get why The Pikachu lied about being cop if she was watcher, admitting either power role would have made her a target for the mafia and had she possibly been protected if we had believed her then couldn't prove herself by carring out cop actions because she was the watcher. She just seemed to be digging herself a bigger hole towards the end with all the claims and lack of defence other than accusing others.

Right now my suspicions are still with @DrumBeats as he seemed to have had a bit of an obsession during day 1 with the prospect of both me and The Pikachu being scumbuddies together and that our interactions were all staged so we could participate in the thread while ignoring everybody else. I did actually comment on some interations between him and AussieEevee but he didn't like those because I was too neutral between the two of them. Let's also not forget about his Miller claim, its good that he did it early but let's not clear him from suspicion because of that.

Also this post makes me suspicious of @Zexy

@The_Pikachu; where did you learn the phrases “seer cover” and “n0 peek” anyway? I haven’t seen you playing in MU… as for being unable to read you, I exposed you as scum in two games in the past. And I don’t really buy the cop claim, sorry. My vote stays. I didn’t like your defense, and the claim only made it worse.

DrumBeats looks good for unvoting you and voting mariowie, though, a player who doesn’t know how you play and has never seen mariowie before should do that. Ryuu also looks OK. I start having my doubts with RC, mainly because he’s never played as scum before and could’ve tried faking interactions like this.

You say that you are keeping up your vote on The Pikachu, then you praise Drum for unvoting The Pikachu and voting Mariowie instead, why does this look good?

You also like Drums theory that me and The Pikachu were scumbuddies for the sole reason I've never been seen playing as scum before and might try this?
You even said in an earlier post that you though I was playing to my Town meta?

rainbow cloud is number one thus far for defending pikachu as cop(iirc, I haven't read the thread completely, just skimmed and read interesting posts), when she wasn't cop nor mafia.
AussieEevee is number 2 for keeping his joke vote as long as he did is his scum meta(also iirc, but if I where to joke vote that long,{which I did} I usually do it to keep neutrality)
everyone else is null or town thus far though.

Where did I defend Pikachu's cop claim, I never even commented on her cop claim and I was one of the ones who voted for her?
Also given she has now flipped town, wouldn't I have looked less scummy if I had defended her which I didn't do?

I don't really get why The Pikachu lied about being cop if she was watcher, admitting either power role would have made her a target for the mafia and had she possibly been protected if we had believed her then couldn't prove herself by carring out cop actions because she was the watcher. She just seemed to be digging herself a bigger hole towards the end with all the claims and lack of defence other than accusing others.

Right now my suspicions are still with @DrumBeats as he seemed to have had a bit of an obsession during day 1 with the prospect of both me and The Pikachu being scumbuddies together and that our interactions were all staged so we could participate in the thread while ignoring everybody else. I did actually comment on some interations between him and AussieEevee but he didn't like those because I was too neutral between the two of them. Let's also not forget about his Miller claim, its good that he did it early but let's not clear him from suspicion because of that.

Also this post makes me suspicious of @Zexy

You say that you are keeping up your vote on The Pikachu, then you praise Drum for unvoting The Pikachu and voting Mariowie instead, why does this look good?

You also like Drums theory that me and The Pikachu were scumbuddies for the sole reason I've never been seen playing as scum before and might try this?
You even said in an earlier post that you though I was playing to my Town meta?

Where did I defend Pikachu's cop claim, I never even commented on her cop claim and I was one of the ones who voted for her?
Also given she has now flipped town, wouldn't I have looked less scummy if I had defended her which I didn't do?
again, I skimmed the thread, and read other parts.
it might not be worth anything anyways, as my reads are dumb.

If she had straight up said watcher, I'd probably have left her alone... But I found the cop claim to be way too suspicious.
I agree.
It seems to me that she panicked and didn't think it through, and to be honest I think it was better that we lynched her today than she survived and the problem escalated, with the real cop outing and her inevitably being lynched anyway.

Damnit pikochu. That self-proclaimed ego trip of yours did nothing. Lying about being cop was dumb and now we're down a watcher. ugh

At least the real cop (assuming there is one...I don't doubt it given the fact that a simple Watcher even exists) should exist so that gambit i guess helped out somehow.

Also sorry about not coming back last night, you all know how active I would be but i was exhausted from working on machinery and attic diving all day yesterday and just slept like a rock until an hour ago

Elie, you really don't have to justify not posting on a forum. We get it. You're busy. You don't have to mention it in every post.

So... I guess I'm not surprised that Pika wasn't the cop. Watcher isn't a terrible role to lose, but that's mostly because I've seen practically every way to give confusing readings.

Hmm... Now to go reread Day 1 in its entirety and piece this all together.

Yeah, im gonna have to read day one. I'll get back to you guys asap, if I havent posted in 1 hour, feel free to mention me.

Useful? Hmm...

*reads role PM a couple of times*

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being Doctor/Cop, etc and 1 being vanilla... I'd put it as a 3.

I will say that this isn't a very common role on this site though, so it could just be my lack of experience with the role.

Noted/10. I'm 99.7% you're actually town now, given the completely unneeded crumb. SEE JACKWAGONS THIS IS HOW YOU CRUMB YOUR ROLE AND INTIMIDATE SCUM, PROPERLY!

Yesterday I was out so that's my explaination for in activity. But honestly I don't find Drum really that scummy.

But I will abstain from voting for now, hopefully the other inactives will reply later this day.

This, on the other hand, I'm feeling incredibly ill-fitted with. At this point, shit had clearly happened. Overly thick justification for a lack of content when there was no need for this justification attempt to begin with is /Not-really-alignment-indicative/ except when it's used really soon and the majority of one's self defense.

Pressure on inactives though, is absolute shit-tier scumhunting.

x @Elieson; You still haven't played scum/made dinosaur comics about it in this site...

And if you thought I was a good town leader, wait until you see Elieson :) As you should’ve already noticed, editing posts is forbidden as of the new rules, unless the host says otherwise (this also goes for @dylanpiera; ). He’s different from XY and Ryuu who knows him better than anyone of us says town. Willing to buy it for now.

Overall, I like the fact that Ryuu’s and DrumBeats’ return alongside Elie’s influence tries to make d1 more active. I support it.

The_Pikachu overreacts on RainbowCloud’s single line. Then that aggressiveness post was also weird. Noted, especially since she was kinda aggressive in the recent Chess Mafia in which she was scum. Rainbow Cloud seems to be playing to his town meta (note! We still haven’t seen his scum play)

OK, the post of Aussie’s where he OMGUS’s DrumBeats is bad. The previous one was not helpful at all, and self-voting never really works well, Aussie, you don’t make myself look less desperate by doing it… whatever, calling Elie and Drum scum just because they want to step up everyone’s game is a bad move. Yet, knowing Aussie, I think he is town, his posts may confuse players not knowing him well, but scum Aussie would like not to attract attention or be this paranoid over things. Also Aussie pushes for No Lynch d1, I’ve tried to explain many times why this is bad, but meh. He does it as town, though, that's the point.

ANYWAY I know this post is a bit big but I wasn’t around before so I had to condense all of my thoughts so far. Aussie and Drum lean town, Ryuu and Rainbow Cloud a bit less… Pikachu strikes me off as a bit weird and I have no better vote option so

VOTE: The_Pikachu

The meta-analysis for unknown!Ryuu was nice. Flattery will get you everywhere <3. Not feeling scum out of this post which is really cool...I don't want Zexy to be scum. The unconfident vote on T_P screams not-knowing-much about the alignment of T_P, which in itself is a towncrumb. Not a towntell, just a crumb. I wouldn't lynch this guy.

10di5v.jpg

QUICK NOTE:
*A really really gigantic post*

All of your posts before I called you out for being yourself can be investigated below:

Mafia: - Monty Python Mafia - Night 1: Oh Brave Sir Robin (March 6)
Miller Claim
Meta stuff

Nothing

Mechanics discussion & AussieEevee vote with nothing but rehashed reasons (basically mine but I won't judge)

More mechanics discussion & Votals

Vote clarification and Votals 2.0

Exceedingly calm chit-chat with AussieEevee regarding his reads (I assume of which, to bolster your case on him?)

Second verse, same as the first, + inactives

Nothing game relevant

The general tunnelvision isn't/wasn't doing you any favors. Your massive Page 7 post was nice though, despite mostly being weak "I feels" and meta discussion. until the very end. This is a gigantic post filled to the brim with fluff and simple self-defense. The town-lean on Freesia is super wtf though

With Zexy and Drum's reasoning I also vote: The_Pikachu

I would hate it if there would be a no Lynch

10dic8.jpg

This post reeks of scum. Bounceback from low-activity claim with promises of effort, only to deliver a mega sheep on guesstimate feel cases and complaints regarding NoLynch for no reason given. This is what scum posts when they're trying to look good but don't quite know how to do it. I'd vote this now if it wasn't night phase but

##FoS Mariowie

So, a summary of what I've read regarding votes:
AussieEevee was voted for voting the host as pressure to encourage participation.
Drumbeats was voted for wagoning.
The Pikachu was voted for tunelling and playing scum meta.
RC was voted for... Um... I don't see The Pikachu's reasoning here. Then to engineer a tie.
AussieEevee is leaning town to me by general tone and content of posts.
Ryuu seems town, contribution is good.
DrumBeats' Miller claim hasn't been countered, so I think he's town.
From when she was here before, IIRC The Pikachu has a tendency to tunnel as town and scum, but is more aggressive as scum. She's my only scum read at the moment.
Elie is Elie. I haven't seen scum!elie yet, so I can't say what that'd be like. I've got my eye on him.
Zexy strikes me as town, but I'm keeping my eye on him too.
RC seems neutral to me.
Everyone else is too inactive for me to read.
I'll Vote: The_Pikachu because she's my strongest scumread.

Can you just clarify what the scum-meta was that you voted T_P on, exactly? I want to hear what you see it as, since everyone has different feels for different players. Given the flip, what are your thoughts on this part?

10dinm.jpg

At this point, after the T_P flip:

Scumreads [Top to bottom]:
Mariowie (Need I repeat myself?)
Hellcrow (I've seen them active on skype here and there. Active enough to be able to post something in this damn game.)

Unsure of where to place [Scumlean->Townlean]:
Drumbeats (Miller claim counters currently mild + catchup style of play)
Freesia (Association built with Drumbeats via newb!card defense but inactive means two things I can't really focus on until later with potential flips or more information)
Flop (Flop's hard to read given the lack of posts...though I'm probably feeling a bit better given the attempt at effort with actual effort)

Townreads [Top to Bottom]:
AussieEevee
Zexy
Ryuutakeshi

Where the hell are they?:
Poke Man
Etrian Oddity

People I don't think I mentioned:
Slife
Rainbow Cloud
I need to do solid reads on these two. I think they'[ve been town every time I've played or ran a game with them and I need to dedicate myself to figuring them out....when I can do so later.

I'm jere! I am late. Looking like a good game.
Will catch up now!!!!

This post reeks of scum. Bounceback from low-activity claim with promises of effort, only to deliver a mega sheep on guesstimate feel cases and complaints regarding NoLynch for no reason given. This is what scum posts when they're trying to look good but don't quite know how to do it. I'd vote this now if it wasn't night phase but

##FoS Mariowie

Nah I just believe that long post are just smoke and mirrors too distract someone.

And that is what maffia's are about decieving the herd.

I know it's the night phase, but can I vote Elieson for excessive meme useage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom