• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's not cool, though, is that you locked the votes when there was no hammer rule in effect, @leetic;

Ok ok.
My bad.
Still, Freesia is definitely the last mafia.

Can we just end this since it's a guaranteed town victory at this point?

Alright, update pending. Since she outed herself I doubt Freesia has much of a desire to keep going anyway.

And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

One person, who avoided suspicion by making the others find shrubberies, revealed himself as the last killer.

Dear Freesia,

You are a Knight Who Says Ni! You inhabit a forest and block adventurers, unless they can complete a task such as finding a shrubbery. You can make people do tedious tasks and prevent them from using their roles, so you are the Roleblocker. Every night phase, PM to me ROLEBLOCK: (Player name) and that player won't be able to use any special abilities during that phase. You are allied with the Mafia and win when the town's demise is inevitable.

And with that, the last remaining Knight of the Round Table and a dictionary publisher became best friends.

Dear Zexy,

You are Sir Gallahad the Pure! You are one of the Knights of the Round Table. Your favorite color is neither blue nor red, apparently. You tracked a Grail-shaped beacon to the Castle Anthrax, so logically you are the Tracker. Every night, you can PM me TRACK: (Player name) and I will tell you who that player visited. You are allied with the town and win when the Mafia is eliminated.

Dear AussieEevee,

You are the publisher of the Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook! You have gone under notoriety for your inaccurate translations. For example, "Can I have a match" translates to "My hovercraft is full of eels". Due to your misleading nature, you are the Bus Driver. Every night, you can PM me SWITCH: (Player name) and (Player name). Then, any actions directed towards the first user will now be directed toward the second user, and vice versa. You are allied with the town and win when the Mafia is eliminated.

At least until this happened...

The game has ended in a Town victory.

Congratulations, Town! The way this ended was a bit unfortunate bus with Aussie's role it would take the same turn anyway because I trusted him way more than Freesia in the final 3.
Huge thanks to all the townies I allied with, sorry to the few people we mislynched (although talking with ghost Caps was fun).
seeing town DrumBeats in action was awesome! I knew Ryuu was good but seeing him in action was awesome as well! AussieEevee definitely has improved since XY, and Slife tried hard and was actually quite a help with his role :)

Thanks to leetic and dylanpiera for hosting.
Talking about balance is a bit more complicated, I may do it later.

Alright, so the game is over. Good game town! Freesia outing herself as scum was a forfeit in my eyes, so the endgame was reached.

This is the very first game that I've hosted, and it was very fun to host. Naturally, as my first game, I did make a couple of mod errors. The first one was giving mariowie access to the Mafia QT when he was the Godfather, so I had to switch his role with DrumBeats to make up for that. Second was giving Maniacal Engineer access to the wrong Role PM when he first subbed in, fortunately it was the PM of a dead townie (IGN) but it still gave him access to some information he shouldn't have known (namely who IGN protected). Third was saying Zexy was roleblocked when he wasn't, as I forgot about the bus driver.

Well, I hope you all had fun playing the game. Here's a few questions:

1. How was the balance in the game?
2. Was my hosting fair?
3. Would you play another game hosted by leetic?

Great game everyone. I was initially confused about why the game didn't end of there was 50% mafia but that makes sense since Aussie was bus driver.

Thank you very much @leetic and @dylanpiera for hosting, it was a lot of fun. Out of curiosity, how did Ryuu die?

@Zexy It was great seeing you in action in a town leadership role again and not try to exploit it this time. Strategizing with you in private was a blast.

@AussieEevee Seriously well done. I hope this game has helped you realize how good you can be when you don't doubt yourself.

@Ryuutakeshi It was a pleasure playing with you again man. Sorry about the paranoia at the end there, but it was great strategizing with you throughout the game.

@Slife Im seriously impressed with how you played. Everything you did was well thought out and you exercised a lot of caution, which is always good. It was great playing with you.

@Elieson and @mariowie Really well played day 2 interaction. That was a great way to make us trust the other one of you a little bit more and ultimately bought mario a few days.

@ Everyone else, great game!

ACH sh*t. I played this last couple of rounds terribly.
I admit, though, I was a bit thrown off by how scum didn't win when going 3-2 into a night phase and then coming up still not winning going into a 2-2 day phase.
I came up with a plan to victory slightly too late, since I was busy this evening, but I hadn't noticed the hammer rule nor did I think the game should have continued.
We literally lost what should have been a guaranteed win for scum, which is stupid and I blame myself for entirely.

Side note: there were a couple of issues with my role PMs. They kept disappearing. I still haven't found my scum role PM, which is probably why I was confused about victory conditions.

Also, I guess I still win because I initially subbed in as Town? Maybe? I don't count it as a win though, because I f*cked up so badly as scum.

Dammit. I going home, and I'm getting drunk to forget my idiocy and the excruciating pain I'm in because my right arm hurts like hell.

Before that, though, I'd like to thank leetic and dylan for hosting, apologize to my scum team for sucking, and I would definitely play another leetic game in the future, once I take my foot out of my mouth...

This is the very first game that I've hosted, and it was very fun to host. Naturally, as my first game, I did make a couple of mod errors. The first one was giving mariowie access to the Mafia QT when he was the Godfather, so I had to switch his role with DrumBeats to make up for that. Second was giving Maniacal Engineer access to the wrong Role PM when he first subbed in, fortunately it was the PM of a dead townie (IGN) but it still gave him access to some information he shouldn't have known (namely who IGN protected). Third was saying Zexy was roleblocked when he wasn't, as I forgot about the bus driver.

Well, I hope you all had fun playing the game. Here's a few questions:

1. How was the balance in the game?
2. Was my hosting fair?
3. Would you play another game hosted by leetic?
Thanks for not making DrumBeats scum! :D There were indeed some errors you should try to avoid in the future, but nothing too bad for your first try! That roleblocked thing kinda made me realise my allies were probably not scum though, so the mistakes helped town more than scum... I don't know how much dylan was involved but maybe he could've avoided some of these errors. Anyways, still congratulations for your first try!

I sure had fun playing the game. It had more active experienced people than your average game these days which made me enjoy it a lot. Besides, town leadering correctly is always a nice thinf xD

1. 4 scum for this size maybe a bit too much. at least there was enough protection and investigation. not bad at all for your first try!
2. as I said the mistakes benefitted town more but the rest of your hosting sure was fair!
3. definitely!

@Zexy It was great seeing you in action in a town leadership role again and not try to exploit it this time. Strategizing with you in private was a blast.
Exploit? Talking about being able to like posts when silenced in XY? It was indeed a blast, thanks for everything!

@Elieson and @mariowie Really well played day 2 interaction. That was a great way to make us trust the other one of you a little bit more and ultimately bought mario a few days.
Agreed, kudos to both of you. I was waiting for the scum!Elie game and was a little dissapointed that it was easy enough to figure him out. But he planned things in the background with mario interactions and Freesia's claim (I should really wait it until after d2 so that Elie couldn't have a say in the fakeclaims!).

How did that double lynch happen, actually?

ACH sh*t. I played this last couple of rounds terribly.
I admit, though, I was a bit thrown off by how scum didn't win when going 3-2 into a night phase and then coming up still not winning going into a 2-2 day phase.
I came up with a plan to victory slightly too late, since I was busy this evening, but I hadn't noticed the hammer rule nor did I think the game should have continued.
We literally lost what should have been a guaranteed win for scum, which is stupid and I blame myself for entirely.

Side note: there were a couple of issues with my role PMs. They kept disappearing. I still haven't found my scum role PM, which is probably why I was confused about victory conditions.

Also, I guess I still win because I initially subbed in as Town? Maybe? I don't count it as a win though, because I f*cked up so badly as scum.

Dammit. I going home, and I'm getting drunk to forget my idiocy and the excruciating pain I'm in because my right arm hurts like hell.

Before that, though, I'd like to thank leetic and dylan for hosting, apologize to my scum team for sucking, and I would definitely play another leetic game in the future, once I take my foot out of my mouth...
I think you're being too harsh on yourself. You joined late, and have been town in the very same game earlier before.
The strange parity rule because of the bus driver was indeed confusing, fortunately I had that claim since early on and could understand what was going on. Mafia wasn't that lucky :( It wasn't guaranteed at all because of the bus driver, although being luck-based wouldn't be nice either.

Is it part of the "babby mods have trouble with Role PMs" thing? I really don't understand what the issue is about because everything's fine for me.

Yes, it still is a win for being town. Graveyard subbing as scum is the luckiest thing that can happen in the history of subbing :)

Please don't drink too much and stop texting while driving!!! :)

It's official, guys. Restless Spirit is my new favorite mafia role. Oh my God that was so much fun.

Thanks to leetic and dylan for a wonderful game, and congratulations to the rest of the town!! You all played superbly, especially you @AussieEevee and @Zexy . I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom