• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Zexy, I was terrified going into a game with you and Aussie as miller. I thought I would be an almost instant lynch, so thanks for giving me a chance.

1. I think the balance was mostly good. I would say 4 mafia was a bit overkill with how many antitown roles we had such as miller and singer. If we had replaced the singer with say a JOAT or another PR then it would have been fine. Another option would've been to make the fourth mafia an antitown independent instead.
My only other concern was the doctor/seraph knight/strongman trio. Doctor and seraph knight should not exist together, because if they were both there when strongman was dead, the game would become un winnable for the mafia. The way this strongman worked was also a bit overpowered because it was unlimited shots and essentially made the doc useless until he died. Id recommend a limited number of shots next time.
2. You hosting was fair. I would have waited for ME to arrive at the end before giving it the hammer. He might've been able to get freesia to tie the vote and give the mafia a chance. Other than that though it was good.
3. Definitely, I had a blast :D

Exploit? Talking about being able to like posts when silenced in XY? It was indeed a blast, thanks for everything!

My bad that wasn't clear. I meant it was nice interacting with you in a town-town relationship, rather than me trying to exploit it like in XY

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're being too harsh on yourself. You joined late, and have been town in the very same game earlier before.
The strange parity rule because of the bus driver was indeed confusing, fortunately I had that claim since early on and could understand what was going on. Mafia wasn't that lucky :( It wasn't guaranteed at all because of the bus driver, although being luck-based wouldn't be nice either.

Is it part of the "babby mods have trouble with Role PMs" thing? I really don't understand what the issue is about because everything's fine for me.

Yes, it still is a win for being town. Graveyard subbing as scum is the luckiest thing that can happen in the history of subbing :)

Please don't drink too much and stop texting while driving!!! :)
Zexy, I know better. There was an easy way for scum to win, and I blew it. Even if the last day ended with a double lynch, Freesia could and should have Roleblocked and killed the last player the following night. An easy mafia win.

Yes, this is exactly the "babby Mods have trouble with PMs thing." Quite a few of my PMs have gone missing recently. Mostly all three Role PMs I was sent for this game. -_-; not having access to my role PM didn't help my playstyle at all.

I wasn't texting while driving. I was at the bar when I sent my last message. Now I'm in a taxi because I know better than to drive right now.

@Freesia I repeat what I said in the mafia QT, in case you didn't see it.
You played very well considering you were scum in your very first mafia game.

Don't blame yourself for caving in to Zexy at the end, because he really is that good of a player. That's why he's usually NK'd early on in games when he's not scum. Also, I'm equally to blame for giving stupid orders.

Don't beat yourself up ME, action priority would've gotten in the way there anyway. Bus driver would redirect the Roleblock, like it did earlier in the game and it would've ended the same if you guys lynched Zexy. If you had lynched Aussie though it could've happened

Ryuu and mariowie getting an equal amount of votes.
Hate to break it to you, but I think there's another host error here since I counted. It was 4 for mariowie and 3 for Ryuu. All town VS all scum.
Seeing how this error benefited scum I guess your error total kept the game balanced xD
Honestly Zexy, I was terrified going into a game with you and Aussie as miller. I thought I would be an almost instant lynch, so thanks for giving me a chance.
I really appreciate d1 miller claims. I had to focus on many potentially dangerous people and even theorized about the amount of scum veterans. Elie's death and the gambits afterwards was enough for me to trust you so it was fine. As for Aussie, I was more afraid he would be suspicious of you but we dealt with it slowly and steadily as well. Overall, there was lots of paranoia. Especially towards Ryuu. Sorry @Ryuutakeshi;
My only other concern was the doctor/seraph knight/strongman trio. Doctor and seraph knight should not exist together, because if they were both there when strongman was dead, the game would become un winnable for the mafia.
Very good point how couldn't I think of this sooner. Seraph Knight itself is a rare role and I can see why. It leads to scenarios like this. How didn't I see it sooner?
Be very careful with including Seraph Knight in setups, people!
The way this strongman worked was also a bit overpowered because it was unlimited shots and essentially made the doc useless until he died. Id recommend a limited number of shots next time.
Yeah. Unlimited shots is just bad. The interesting twist here was that you could pick between strongman and ninja kill.

My bad that wasn't clear. I meant it was nice interacting with you in a town-town relationship, rather than me trying to exploit it like in XY
I still felt like I lied to you more than you lied to me in that interaction xD
Zexy, I know better. There was an easy way for scum to win, and I blew it. Even if the last day ended with a double lynch, Freesia could and should have Roleblocked and killed the last player the following night. An easy mafia win.

Yes, this is exactly the "babby Mods have trouble with PMs thing." Quite a few of my PMs have gone missing recently. Mostly all three Role PMs I was sent for this game. -_-; not having access to my role PM didn't help my playstyle at all.

Actually, any double lynch that would kill AussieEevee or leave Freesia alive was enough for you to win. I would try to switch to Freesia had the hammer not happened.

This is seriously weird, because I am totally immune to this lol
@Freesia I repeat what I said in the mafia QT, in case you didn't see it.
You played very well considering you were scum in your very first mafia game. quote]

Agreed. You managed to fool me for long enough.

Interesting question for @Maniacal Engineer; have you even figured out there was a Bus Driver around? If yes, though, I guess you understood it had to be Aussie in the end.

OUCH, just when I thought Aussie pulled off a great play… that lack of a vote costed us Ryuu :( Although it made both scum blow their cover at least!

GG all

Still sorry though I was pretty bogged down with Fire Emblem Fates stuff and it admittedly dragged down my motivation. (Slife, I was serious when I said I wasn't on my A-Game). I'd have called it my B-game though!

@Ryuutakeshi I am impressed with you though it was still really saddening that you wouldn't really even chitchat with me after you suspected me for being scum :(

Scum having no Info Role and D1 being like 99% inactive for scumteam really really drained me I'd say that was the ultimate cause of me essentially dropping the ball into D2 and not being my usual self that you all hoped I would've been!

I still felt like I lied to you more than you lied to me in that interaction xD

Honestly, I feel like if we isolate everything we say as town or mafia, we'd find an uncomfortable amount of lies. I think that was honestly at least 75% of my private communications this game. Those lies brought together all of our PRs though, so lets take a moment to give the finger to anyone who follows the lynch all liars philosophy

Also, if anyone is wondering, here's who I switched.

Night 1 : Rainbow Cloud and Doctor Flop
Night 2: Zexy and Drumbeats
Night 3: Zexy and mariowie
Night 4: Zexy and Mariowie
Night 5: AussieEevee and Maniacal Engineer

Night 5 I fed ME a lie that I was a protection role and was going to protect zexy... But either he didn't believe me or I sent that PM after he went on Sabbath.

GG all

Still sorry though I was pretty bogged down with Fire Emblem Fates stuff and it admittedly dragged down my motivation. (Slife, I was serious when I said I wasn't on my A-Game). I'd have called it my B-game though!

@Ryuutakeshi I am impressed with you though it was still really saddening that you wouldn't really even chitchat with me after you suspected me for being scum :(
Indeed, it must be very busy for you these days, good luck with that! I wanna see your A-scum-game but at the same time I don't wanna be a townie facing off against it...
Honestly, I feel like if we isolate everything we say as town or mafia, we'd find an uncomfortable amount of lies. I think that was honestly at least 75% of my private communications this game. Those lies brought together all of our PRs though, so lets take a moment to give the finger to anyone who follows the lynch all liars philosophy
I think I didn't lie as much as in XY here although it was a close second. And that last will thing I pulled off in the end looks like the useless complicated kind of thing in retrospect.

ME bought the lie well enough I think. I don't remember my tracks perfectly but I'll give it a try

n1 roleblocked
n2 Aussie visited Zexy and DrumBeats
n3 Ryuutakeshi visited Slife (mafia tried to roleblock me but it was redirected away)
n4 mariowie visited no one
n5 roleblocked

FWIW, no I really didn't believe AE's lie. My Role PM, from what I remembered the one time I saw it, only mentioned Doctor and Seraph as the protective roles.
I thought AE was trying to bait me, so I avoided both killing and Roleblocking him that evening, because I thought he might be PGO or Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom