• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, @leetic, Role PMs should never confirm anything about the set up other than a player's own role.

Something that I have struggled with in my own games though.
As much as I loved being clear because of it, I have to agree.

I don't remember any of your games giving roles out that much. MSW had the roleblockable NK shenanigans and VGM had Framer/Stongman (but giving out the existence of Cop and Doctor isn't really important).

I seriously wanna read and realize how I was not killed all this time. You could strongman me or just do it after Ryuu's death...

For certain roles though I feel like including it is a balance thing.

For Ninja, I believe that including it is fine. It benefits the mafia until the ninja dies, because it allows them to know what they are up against, confirming a tracker and a watcher to be present.

For strongman, I would only say it makes the kill penetrate kill protection. Revealing the doctor and seraph combo could have been very dangerous to the mafia if the strongman died early

That's because of Seraph existing, not because the mafia knew about it or could circumvent it.
It's Seraph itself that is a problem.
ALSO, mafia had no clue what Seraph really was until it was killed. They knew it was protection, but what kind?

Also, ME, why did you breadcrumb exactly which roles the mafia had left in your PMs?

Also, ME, why did you breadcrumb exactly which roles the mafia had left in your PMs?
Because you should have figured it out, even if I hadn't told you. It was pretty damn obvious to anyone paying attention. You'd already been roleblocked, and claimed so in-thread, and with some many protective roles, Mafia needed some way to deal with them.
I would have figured it out easily as Town, so I guessed you had already figured it out.

Because you should have figured it out, even if I hadn't told you. It was pretty damn obvious to anyone paying attention. You'd already been roleblocked, and claimed so in-thread, and with some many protective roles, Mafia needed some way to deal with them.
I would have figured it out easily as Town, so I guessed you had already figured it out.
I had figured out the Roleblocker of course, but I was stuck thinking there were 3 mafia and 2 protection roles still isn't enough of a proof to guarantee the existence of Strongman.

Random thing I remembered now.

In order to bait Freesia into claiming back then, I "claimed" to her. My claim was... Tucker :p If things went really wrong, I would say I accidentally typed that name instead of Tracker. But had Freesia told you in the QT, you could've figured out my role because it was intentionally 'crumby.

Well atleast I got my wish of lynching Ryuu, sad that I didn't see anything of the last day phase because of the stretching of the night.

As much as I loved being clear because of it, I have to agree.

I don't remember any of your games giving roles out that much. MSW had the roleblockable NK shenanigans and VGM had Framer/Stongman (but giving out the existence of Cop and Doctor isn't really important).

I seriously wanna read and realize how I was not killed all this time. You could strongman me or just do it after Ryuu's death...

I was actually referring to the PMs that confirm too much of the set up.. I overcompensated. Does anyone remember a certain Serial killer without any possible way to win? :p

Wooooo! Town win! Congrats team.

This was a fun game, even though personally I was playing way too safe. Probably would have been more effective if I had 't been so paranoid. That's what happens first time I play the doc, I guess. I'll try to step it up next time.

Wooooo! Town win! Congrats team.

This was a fun game, even though personally I was playing way too safe. Probably would have been more effective if I had 't been so paranoid. That's what happens first time I play the doc, I guess. I'll try to step it up next time.

I think you played really well as Doc (especially considering it was your first time after a long break!), I'm just surprised you weren't fearkilled by the Mafia tbh. If I were mafia, you would have been my first target.

Too bad that wouldn't have worked while I was alive
I protected ryuu night 1 because I somehow guessed he had a power role

I feel somewhat happy now that I decided to kill you first : )

And that's game! Well done town! Looks like that paranoia was uncalled for after all haha. I guess sometimes things actually are as they seem.

It was cool to see Elie as scum for the first time. I wish I could say I figured it out by my own merit, but I scanned him Night 1 so all that was left was to clinch the lynch on him.
N2 scan was on Drum who was bus-driven with Zexy by AE.
N3 scan was town!ME but he died the same night.
N4 scan was supposed to be on Kakashi according to our OC alliance chat(s), but I privately switched it to Ryu because I still had doubts about him. Ironically that was the wrong call to make but it didn't matter in the end because I died that night. Having both the Seraph and Doctor was surprising indeed, which was partly why I was suspicious of Ryu. Sorry about that buddy :p

Overall a great game, and thanks to the hosts for hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom