• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Monty Python Mafia - And There Was Much Rejoicing (TOWN VICTORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh!

Welcome!

I highly suggest you learn how to play the game by checking out my conveniently extremely helpful series of Advice-related Dinosaur Comics, to get a better understanding on how to catch scum (assuming you're town) or how to play as scum as the quality in which I want you to be scum (aka really bad).

Oh!

Welcome!

I highly suggest you learn how to play the game by checking out my conveniently extremely helpful series of Advice-related Dinosaur Comics, to get a better understanding on how to catch scum (assuming you're town) or how to play as scum as the quality in which I want you to be scum (aka really bad).

I'd love to see them. :)

And in a game I actually existed here for some other mafia game that you and ME (all puns intended) hosted, lynching the host was = to No Lynch.

Well I got some laughs out of it, BUT ANYWAY

Hey @Ryuutakeshi , what's your mafia experience like? Same for @DrumBeats and @Freesia ?
Tut tut. If you do not know there's no way I'm revealing it ;)

Tut tut. If you do not know there's no way I'm revealing it ;)

Sounds like something Gary Oak would say.

31940989ba.jpg

5e5e365b0e.png

c9d6c0d5b3.png

06919bad56.jpg

So, bottom line.

587767ef29.jpg

Sounds like something Gary Oak would say.

31940989ba.jpg

5e5e365b0e.png

c9d6c0d5b3.png

06919bad56.jpg

So, bottom line.

587767ef29.jpg
Oh, my history in mafia is there to be seen. But what is more satisfying; the answer or the discovery?

Yea speaking of which, my role is super negative utility but you won't catch me with my pants down, scrubby mcscum scum.

where's the expected miller claim so we can start discussing their honesty and get this shit started already
Spoiler: there is no miller. King Arthur killed him.

Rules:

- No nameclaiming.
- If you have no activity by the end of N1, you will be subbed out.
- Phases are 48h days and 24h nights.
- To prove you've read the rules, post a sentence in Spanish.
- Outside contact is allowed.
- Place me and dylanpiera in all game-related PMs.

BTW my skype account got hacked last night so I just deleted it. If you have Skype, message me at [email protected] please.

Ryuu this especially goes for you. If you're gonna be all cryptic at least let me complain about it to you without 1-minute limits forced between me spamming.

If you can't Skype, I guess PMing works.

Also as you've all seen me destroy scum time and time again as town leader in OC setups, can we get a Town Leader battle going here, so we have something to do to begin prep with coordinating a quick win? I'd be down for a Night 2 with 0 deaths.

Also as you've all seen me destroy scum time and time again as town leader in OC setups
I haven't, actually.

It seems that we're off to a very slow start. This is not unsurprising. We have so little information to go off of. At this rate the mafia will get a free kill due to an inactive town. I've seen that happen and have since made it my policy to avoid it at all costs.

Some of you may know me, but it seems many do not. Well, let me tell you, I have seen many a game come and go. Stood on both sides of the light and dark. I have made the pivitol decisions before... And lost. I have torn wicked men down me. I am the Beta of this War Room. I was there in the beginning.

I have stood with the champions of old. I have crossed words with the great Phoenix. I have led battles and executions, and manipulated all sides to an icy grave.

In my history Falconwings have conquered all. The tables have been turned, the rules broken. I was the creator of the three minute night. I the one who split the board seven ways.

I am the actor, the living illusion. The pretender, the deceiver. If I am with the town I am your greatest ally. If I am with the mafia I am your leader. If your name is Alex it's probably best you do not work with me. To make me an enemy will always lead to your doom. To kill me for no reason is to stab yourself in the back.

I have visited many strange worlds and strange times. I have been the listener, the speaker, the observer. I have killed and will kill again.

I am the Deputy. I am the Leader. I am the scion of Rayne.

I am Ryuutakeshi.

And I will vote when I see need to.

Hey @Ryuutakeshi , what's your mafia experience like? Same for @DrumBeats and @Freesia ?

I used to frequent here two or three years ago, and I've played occasional games since then. You can dig through the archives for anything more if you wish to.

On the topic of obligatory miller claims, I may as well just be up front about it that I am a vanilla miller. I hate the role, but flavorwise it makes sense I suppose. Not a ton, but enough to be warranted.

@Freesia Welcome to the War Room, I hope you have as much fun with these games as I have :D

Vote: Zexy, joke voting you because I want to hear your beautiful scumhunting wisdom I remember from the last game I played with you.

EDIT: In other news I hate the changes to mentions, I'm so clueless about it I had to edit 3 times.

Vote: DrumBeats

For old time's sake

How you doing ? :)

I'm doing pretty great, busy, but great!

How are you doing Ryuu?

Pretty busy myself. Got promoted last year and finally moved to real-people time. It's weird.

Voting non participants in this game such as the host or spam are not good joke votes for RVS, since these votes have no long lasting impact and nothing to discuss about. This makes them basically spam, because such posts have zero purpose and zero discussion properties.

Please keep this in mind for future games.

Now let's start scumhunting.

Think I'll lay off the joke votes for the time being, depending on how active the thread is I might joke vote an inactive later.
Ugh. Reeks of scum.
First of all, joke votes should ONLY be during RVS, or near the beginning of the round. Other joke votes will not contribute towards discussion later on because there are already things to discuss later in the day, especially since there are actually posts people can analyze and so it's better to go off what is said versus something random, as going of something said will find more scum than randomly voting.

Also lynching inactives any day is scummy since their flip will NOT tell town anything since they have not conversed with anyone and it's random voting versus voting someone who's scummy.

Vote: Rainbow Cloud

Ugh. Reeks of scum.
First of all, joke votes should ONLY be during RVS, or near the beginning of the round. Other joke votes will not contribute towards discussion later on because there are already things to discuss later in the day, especially since there are actually posts people can analyze and so it's better to go off what is said versus something random, as going of something said will find more scum than randomly voting.

Also lynching inactives any day is scummy since their flip will NOT tell town anything since they have not conversed with anyone and it's random voting versus voting someone who's scummy.

Vote: Rainbow Cloud

You might want to re-read what I said and see that I said 'joke vote'.

I never said to lynch an inactive, I only meant joke vote them to get their attention so they would post. You were very agressive like this in Chess Mafia as well and you were scum in that game.

@AussieEevee

For clarification purposes, this is a joke vote correct?

Absolutely not. I'm growing quite tired of playing games on this site only to see Day 1s get wasted because people don't take initiative immediately to start scumhunting. My vote stays until AussieEevee tries to help town advance.

Your point on RVS'ing non-players is fantastic though...I'm actually in awe. I cracked a real smile when I read it

A real life smile.

They can learn, I mumbled to myself.

I'm not kidding, I'm 100% serious. I'm Inspired.

tl;dr Voting for nonplayers is a fantastic scumtactic as well as a horrible towntactic, because 0 associative reads are built for longterm use and backtracking material. Not like RVS is reliable in any means, but contextually speaking, the odds of something coming up in RVS is more than 0% if you vote for a player rather than nothing. Furthermore, if we need to spend time discussing how to scumhunt, that takes time away from actually scumhunting, and that sends us crawling up a hill rather than walking.

I can kiiiinda get RC's logic. I disagree with it but I can see thought being placed behind the nonaction, which I usually don't support but this time can at least give a pass to.

Pikochu I'll disagree in the sense that scum is less likely to bus an inactive of their own. Lynching an inactive and having said inactive flip town gives good reason to look at who voted and when, and who didn't but was around to do so. If inactive scum lynched is a strong role, and someone doesn't want to lynch it, they'd better have a fan-diddly-tastic reason to not vote for them otherwise someone just stepped in the mud and associated themselves, hard.

Oooh, off to a great start. Keep it up folks.

It's true that lynching of inactives is more or less useless, though I've seen some purpose come of it. However, it makes little sense to jump to the defense of an inactive as they are functionally nothing. The only real reason to even bother with an inactive in most cases is for the mafia to try and frame the silence as actual participation and get them voted off.

All that is meaningless of course as this the first day of the game and it's on a Friday. Technically, no one is active yet.

Also, I'm surprised joke votes are so customary now. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom