• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Pokemon Chronicles

IluvAsh

Reaction score
It'd be great if there were extra episodes like they did concurrently with Advanced Generation! Well personally I want to see May, Max, and Drew more, and maybe others as well? I know I forgot SOMEBODY...

We're 25ish episodes into DP already so its obvious its not happening. May isn't needed to advertise Contests anymore so her story doesn't have to be shown.

She's been swept under the carpet for good reason.

well she was def. more to the show than for advertisement.
which im sure u already knew that
:-]

You don't need to advertise something to be in Chronicles/HoSos. Would you say that Misty's appearances were advertising something?

I'd like to see one about the inner workings of Team Rocket.

The Hosos were made to flesh out other characters without randomly bringing them into the main series. I don't know if they'll make more but it would be nice.

I'd just as soon have the recurring characters actually start recurring more.

I'd definately be interested in some about May, Harley, Drew, Max, Masamune, and maybe even The Phantom.

Of course, I hope they don't just replace Ash with a character, and Jessie and James with Butch and Cassidy like a couple of Hoso's were...

I hated what they did to Butch and Cassidy. They started out at least as truly evil and a major threat (major enough they had to be carted off until they were bailed out). Now, they're clones of Jessie and James.

yea as much as the 3 members of team rocket are part of the show, its weird to have B&C take their places. They are not alike at all

Well they needed new villains and with JJ&M in Hoenn, Butch/Cassidy were the only alternatives.

I'd just as soon have the recurring characters actually start recurring more.

I think a lot of the reasoning is some of these characters are too old and lack a good reason to warrent bringing back. This is not counting the former main characters or Rocket members, but some of the other more obscure characters in the series.

Where is the incentive?

I know this is an extremely good concept, but with mixed results.

Should they do more eps, I just hope that they'd do such:

-- approve and open up a shipping (Daisy x Tracey), and let Daisy run the gym, which would allow Misty to return to the main cast ^^;

-- how about Ash's ex-Pokemon? I'd love to hear more about Primeape's shennanigans, and updates about Butterfree and hopefully, would prompt us some more updates about the rest of Kanto's gym leaders (Janine, taking over of her dad's gym).

-- Charizard's life in the Charicific Valley

-- Please, make Misty get over her fear of Bug pokemon!

-- approve and open up a shipping (Daisy x Tracey),
Going further with that one would be good (and plausable).
and let Daisy run the gym, which would allow Misty to return to the main cast ^^;
Not gonna happen if they stay true to the way Daisy has been depicted in AG.
-- how about Ash's ex-Pokemon? I'd love to hear more about Primeape's shennanigans, and updates about Butterfree and hopefully, would prompt us some more updates about the rest of Kanto's gym leaders (Janine, taking over of her dad's gym).
That would be nice but better with Ash around. Seeing the AG cast in Oak's lab would be great, though.
-- Charizard's life in the Charicific Valley
I'm not sure if an episode could be filled with that.
-- Please, make Misty get over her fear of Bug pokemon!
She got over her Gyarados fear. She needs to keep something.

Misty's fear of bug Pokemon is a funny moment to her character so it should be kept.

And people, Daisy or the others are never going to take over the Gym again. Misty prides herself as the Cerulean Gym leader, she's probably going to be there for the remainder of the series.

Misty just feels a responsibility to the Gym. She could hypothetically leave it, just not in the hands of her sisters.

...how many times must I mention that all of the other seven leaders are screwed-up people as well before it matters? Was Blaine responsible, he of endless disguises to evade his job? Brock left his gym to a man who sold rocks for a living and abandoned his family! Koga has friggin invisible walls and pitfalls! Why is it that the rules are different and Daisy and company have to be more like the "real-world-style responsible" example that Misty has shown us? Call me a cynic, but if the real-world rules that we know applied to gym leaders, beloved co-hero Brock would have likely been tossed for sexual harrassment at some point.

Look, let's call a spade a spade. The writers put a good deal of effort into setting this up as a crutch for keeping Misty out of the series for reasons I still don't get (too many girls, oh no!). The irresponsibility so common among first-season Gym Leaders first season became the defining trait of a small subset of that group and the writers went out of their way to fill in the crack that occurred when people speculated that Daisy was becoming more responsible by referencing the opposite in a main episode. It's a question of narrative convenience and it's there for a reason. I don't think they'd build up a house of questionable logic unless they wanted it to hold something up - and that something is that Misty ain't coming back.

Last edited:
I really want to see how May and Drew are doing in Johto. I wonder If there will be Contestshipping fluff! :p I don't care what Max is up to. He can own a beauty salon for all I care :p

Okay, I've mentioned how I'd love to see the Himeno manga turned into anime, so I won't get into it again, but still...

We've seen glimpses of James' and Jessie's childhood, so why not show us what other Rockets' childhoods were like? I really can't say I'd like to see Domino's childhood- much as I'd like to see more of her, something tells me an episode like that would be kinda depressing- but, you know, Cassidy, maybe. Or Giovanni (see above. Because Himeno drew his 10 year old self cute. Super-cuddly cute. Which would be a delight to watch). They've teased us about it with the CD drama, so why not let us see some more of it? Dysfunctional families are ALWAYS fun.

screw May

we need new characters for this spin off to be spicy

BRING CIPHER INTO THE ANIME

Call me a cynic, but if the real-world rules that we know applied to gym leaders, beloved co-hero Brock would have likely been tossed for sexual harrassment at some point.

But don't forget, earlier in the series Brock was nowhere near as obvious about his crushes as he is now - even in the Indigo Plateau at Ash's fourth-round match, he only had a little blush line.

Brock's just getting more desperate now, thats why he's getting more in-your-face to each crush.

I think a season based off of Orre would be nice. Sadly, that's not likely to happen.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom