• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Murder, She Wrote - Endgame - jdthebud victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame
1. @CheffOfGames
2. @SoaringLooker
3. @DarthWolf13
4. @Elementar
5. @Midorikawa
6. @jdthebud
7. @Yours Truly
@Zexy @Max1996

Having finished moving the coffee table for reasons that elude the host, jdthebud stands up as he sees Midorikawa enter the room. He promptly walks over to her and grabs her arm. "I place you under arrest." He said.

Dear Midorikawa

You had a heated argument with Jasmine last night, in which is turned quite violent. You ended up killing Jasmine in your rage, and took off in your car.

Because of this, you are the murderer.

You killed Jasmine in the garage, and covered the spot you did with a carmat from your car. You then moved Jasmine to the Master Bedroom and hid the high heel shoe you killed her with in the wardrobe with the other shoes.

You are also fully aware that other players may have abilities that can hinder you.

WINCON: You win when all other players have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.
Mido's possessions were: A shampoo bottle full of deadly cleaning chemicals, and she is wearing high heels covered in blood.

jdthebud has won the game

Dear jdthebud,

You have come to help investigate the murder of poor Jasmine.

POWER: Instead of taking an action, you may choose to send a private message to a player. This power has a two turn cooldown. They will not know who sent the message.

WINCON: You win when you have arrested or eliminated the murderer.

Dear Elementar,

POWER: Busy busy busy. You may take two actions per turn.

Dear Max1996,

POWER: You are immune to environmental hazards. You do not need to activate this power.

Dear SoaringLooker,

POWER: When investigating an item, you can see who the item belongs to (being NPC or a player).

Dear CheffOfGames,

POWER: You have the ability to view a random event that occurred previously in the room you choose to use this power in. This may randomly be a scene from this game, or from the night before.

Congratulations jdthebud.

Now, a couple of concerns that were brought to my attention in the final few hours of the game.

Zexy noted that since Mido had to kill everyone in order to win, the game was a little unbalanced against her (grr, will I ever get balance right?)... I had originally envisioned the killer setting traps, and indirectly killing people... framing others, etc.. Which is one of the reason's for Max's role power. But I don't think it worked out the way I had envisioned.

Darthwolf also brought up a good point... you could have technically just killed/arrested anyone you wanted until you got the right person, and the only penalty is that they show up as being killed in the update text (like Yours Truly was). This is a flaw that I overlooked in the design stages. Thinking back on it now, I should have had a mechanic in place where you needed to have evidence against someone to make an arrest, or something.

That said, this was a fun game to watch unfold... a game where you could physically do anything you want (Elementar, what was with your obsession with the lawnmower?) and interact with the world in virtually unlimited ways (such as when Looker took those knives from the kitchen, or when Elementar rode around the garage on a lawnmower....)

Okay, the usuals.

Did you enjoy this game?

What did you think of the "do anything" format?

What did you think of the role powers, and the balance in general?

What did you think of the story?

Would you have done anything differently? What would you have changed?

Do you want to see this format again in the future?

Do you have any other comments/thoughts?

Thanks for playing. Congrats again, JD... and elementar, why the lawnmower?

Well, I can't really say that I enjoyed the game when I died so early and thus wasn't around long enough to form an opinion of it, but I would like to see it again in future so that I can see if I woud've enjoyed it. That is all. 'Till next time hopefully.

Did you enjoy this game?
I subbed i so missed some fun at the start. I liked the idea, but it went too slow and inactive in the thread for me.
It gives fun options, but also overwhelming. I sometimes had no idea what specific action I should do.
Mine was pretty useless, you said it yourself. From the start I wondered how the murderer would have a good chance of winning. Whe YT died I knew it was either jd or Mido (reason why I asked my question, I was thinking to just arrest both)
There wasn't all that much, to be expected though, nothing wrong with it. It did give a good base for the game and was interesting.
Immediatly arrest jd and mido when I subbed in and make sure that Max gave all his actions which he sometimes forgot.
With some change it could be more interesting to me.
Well done and thank you for the game @AussieEevee

I arrested Mido mostly because of what others had been saying and sharing in the thread, and that Mido seemed to avoid the garage and avoided sharing much info, especially once the murder scene was discovered. Also she was close by when Yours Truly died. So while it wasn't based on hard evidence, it was based on reading her movements.

Did you enjoy this game?
Yeah, it was fun to run around the house :p
Good, it added a thinking element to the game since you could waste your action if you didn't think about what to interact with.
Well mine wasn't that good I think since I ended up just sharing my info in the thread, which got people moving towards the crime scene.
It was ok, wasn't too complicated.
Been more active :p I missed a couple turns.
Yes, although I do agree with the assessment regarding needing evidence. I actually thought about arresting Midorikawa on Turn 2 after Yours Truly died, which would have made for an extremely anti-climatic game, lol.
Good job hosting @AussieEevee! I'm sure it wasn't easy coming up with reactions to all the crazy actions we did sometimes :p

I actually didn't intentionally avoid the garage. I was actually headed there to see if there was evidence of the high heels being the murder weapon.

I really had no idea as to how to kill everyone. I took the heels to hide the weapon and I figured maybe I could poison someone with the chemicals. But it wasn't easy trying to think of how to kill people without getting caught.

Also I think the one action per turn also slowed it down a bit. I think it should depend on the action.

Did you enjoy this game?
Yes, a lot.
I liked it, usually, there are certain restrictions in games but this was very refreshing.
I loved mine, it was really useful.
It was a little thin for me, it would be better if there would be more story. Also, maybe post story points through the game.
Getting a knife and stabbing everyone. That was my plan at the end to kill the murderer.
Yes, please.
If you want I'd love to co-host the next game, I have a few ideas that would probably improve the game and make it more interesting.

but jd didn't see it so that ended up pointless.
At the time, JD was looking in the window, which made it impossible for him to see it.
It was a little thin for me, it would be better if there would be more story. Also, maybe post story points through the game.
To be fair, the idea was that the story was supposed to unfold as you interacted with the game world.

But I was thinking last night that if the game lasted too much longer, I'd have night fall on the game world and there would have been some interesting effects... Which may have made Mido's job easier (kills done in the dark would have been easier).

If you want I'd love to co-host the next game, I have a few ideas that would probably improve the game and make it more interesting.

I would love to hear those ideas.

That's the only room I've not been to (and garage but I was going there). Can someone describe it to me.
You find the window to be unlocked (Bad Jasmine) and enter the bedroom. You find it rather neat and tidy, with nothing more than a child's bed in it. It looks unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom