• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Murder, She Wrote - Endgame - jdthebud victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules and Mechanics. Please read.
    Reaction score
    Welcome ladies and gentlemen to another AussieEevee Production. (MoD: Zexy)

This game is a reboot of the Murder, she wrote series... and like the Star Trek reboot, I've changed the formula.

There was a Murder last night. A young woman was found brutally murdered in her bedroom, and the community has come around to help discover who the murderer is.

This game takes place in the victims home. You submit commands to me in private, one command per turn, where your goal is to explore the victims home, and try to discover which player is the murderer.

However, working against you is the murderer, who is either trying to cover up the crime, or frame another person. They already know where the murder took place and how they did it.

First, the mechanics.
    As I stated above, submit your commands to me in your role PM thread.

You can do almost anything physically possible. Look around, check items, check other players, pick up items, put down items, tamper with items, etc.

You can ONLY carry out an action on an item or player if you are in the same room as the item or person. To do this, you must move to the room you want do work in, and you can only move to adjacent rooms.

Player locations will be included in public turn updates, but their other actions will only be included (in private updates) if you are in the same room as them.

If you believe you have found the killer, enter the room they are in and attempt an arrest... or you may kill them, if you are holding an item that can help.

I have the initial set up already planned but everything else is written on the fly, so forgive me if I make a mistake, and feel free to doublecheck.

Using an action takes a turn, verifying the result you got does not.

NEW: Please try to make all your actions in character. Your wording can and will affect my wording when I post the update.

example said:
    I walk over to the potplants and investigate them
    Or
    Example2 said:
    I pick up the spoon and look at it.
    Use your imagination, but be sure to write it in first person character.

Actions are processed on a first come first serve basis. If Zexy and Maniacal Engineer both attempt to pick up the same object, Zexy would get it as he was first.
    Any questions about the mechanics, please do ask. I've been planning this for weeks, but I may have forgotten something important. Please, ask me questions.

RULES
    1. The game is NOC. All communication must be done in this thread.

2. Please do not do anything that will annoy me. If in doubt, ask.

3. No name claim.
    Any questions, ask. As I said above, I may have forgotten something important... So it never hurts to ask.

PLAYERS
    1. @CheffOfGames
    2. @SoaringLooker
    3. @Max1996
    4. @Elementar
    5. @Midorikawa
    6. @jdthebud
    7. @Yours Truly Died turn 2

SUBS

HOUSE FLOORPLAN
    0MAEvb.jpg

All players start on the porch

Last edited:
    Turn 1

• Role PMs are done and are being sent out. You may begin as soon as you receive them. Actions are to be sent to me each turn as a response to your role PM. Talking is to be done in this thread. Turn updates in this thread will let you know which room players have moved to.

However, this first update is a global update. All future updates will be written on the fly (so forgive any mistakes) and will be PMed to you. Turns complete when all players have submitted their actions or 48 hours has passed.

======

You are standing on the porch. In front of you is a plain white door that leads into the house, and behind you are three large pot plants. The plants appear to be dead.

======

Good luck every one.

Turn 2
  • Ya know, i was almost ready to update earlier then i fell asleep at my desk. Sorry. Updates are forth coming.

1. @CheffOfGames has remained on the porch.
    2. @SoaringLooker has moved to the living room.
    3. @Max1996 has moved to the living room.
    4. @Elementar has moved to the living room.
    5. @Midorikawa has remained on the porch.
    6. @jdthebud has been skipped and will be subbed out if they don't make a move this turn.
    7. @Yours Truly has remained on the porch.
    @Zexy

EDIT: Update finished. TUrn ends in 48 hours.

Last edited:
    Turn 3
  • 1. @CheffOfGames has entered the living room.
    2. @SoaringLooker has moved to the master bedroom
    3. @Max1996 has moved to the kitchen.
    4. @Elementar has remained in the living room.
    5. @Midorikawa has remained on the porch.
    6. @jdthebud has remained on the porch.
    7. @Yours Truly has died.
    @Zexy

Dear Yours Truly,

You have come to help investigate the murder of poor Jasmine.

POWER: When investigating an item, you will also learn any person (player or NPC) who has touched the item.

WINCON: You win when you have arrested or eliminated the murderer.

Turn 4
  • Turn 5
  • Last edited:
    Turn 6
  • Last edited:
    Turn 7
  • Turn 8
  • Turn 9
  • Turn 10
  • Turn 11
  • Last edited:
    Turn 12
  • 1. @CheffOfGames has remained in the kitchen
    2. @SoaringLooker has remained in the kitchen.
    3. @DarthWolf13 has moved to the porch.
    4. @Elementar has remained in the garage.
    5. @Midorikawa has remained in the bathroom.
    6. @jdthebud has moved to the kitchen.
    7. Yours Truly is dead.
    @Zexy

There is a loud noise coming the garage that is loud enough for the entire house to hear.

Turn 13
  • Turn 14
  • Turn 15
  • Last edited:
    Turn 16
  • Turn 17
  • Turns out I am a day late at processing these. I apologize but I haven't been well today. Let's get down to business.

1. @CheffOfGames has remained in the garage
    2. @SoaringLooker has moved to the master bedroom.
    3. @DarthWolf13 has moved to the bathroom.
    4. @Elementar has remained in the master bedroom
    5. @Midorikawa has moved to the living room.
    6. @jdthebud has remained in the living room.
    7. Yours Truly is dead.
    @Zexy

Endgame
  • 1. @CheffOfGames
    2. @SoaringLooker
    3. @DarthWolf13
    4. @Elementar
    5. @Midorikawa
    6. @jdthebud
    7. @Yours Truly
    @Zexy @Max1996

Having finished moving the coffee table for reasons that elude the host, jdthebud stands up as he sees Midorikawa enter the room. He promptly walks over to her and grabs her arm. "I place you under arrest." He said.

Dear Midorikawa

You had a heated argument with Jasmine last night, in which is turned quite violent. You ended up killing Jasmine in your rage, and took off in your car.

Because of this, you are the murderer.

You killed Jasmine in the garage, and covered the spot you did with a carmat from your car. You then moved Jasmine to the Master Bedroom and hid the high heel shoe you killed her with in the wardrobe with the other shoes.

You are also fully aware that other players may have abilities that can hinder you.

WINCON: You win when all other players have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.
    Mido's possessions were: A shampoo bottle full of deadly cleaning chemicals, and she is wearing high heels covered in blood.

jdthebud has won the game

Dear jdthebud,

POWER: Instead of taking an action, you may choose to send a private message to a player. This power has a two turn cooldown. They will not know who sent the message.

Dear Elementar,

POWER: Busy busy busy. You may take two actions per turn.

Dear Max1996,

POWER: You are immune to environmental hazards. You do not need to activate this power.

Dear SoaringLooker,

POWER: When investigating an item, you can see who the item belongs to (being NPC or a player).

Dear CheffOfGames,

POWER: You have the ability to view a random event that occurred previously in the room you choose to use this power in. This may randomly be a scene from this game, or from the night before.

Congratulations jdthebud.

Now, a couple of concerns that were brought to my attention in the final few hours of the game.

Zexy noted that since Mido had to kill everyone in order to win, the game was a little unbalanced against her (grr, will I ever get balance right?)... I had originally envisioned the killer setting traps, and indirectly killing people... framing others, etc.. Which is one of the reason's for Max's role power. But I don't think it worked out the way I had envisioned.

Darthwolf also brought up a good point... you could have technically just killed/arrested anyone you wanted until you got the right person, and the only penalty is that they show up as being killed in the update text (like Yours Truly was). This is a flaw that I overlooked in the design stages. Thinking back on it now, I should have had a mechanic in place where you needed to have evidence against someone to make an arrest, or something.

That said, this was a fun game to watch unfold... a game where you could physically do anything you want (Elementar, what was with your obsession with the lawnmower?) and interact with the world in virtually unlimited ways (such as when Looker took those knives from the kitchen, or when Elementar rode around the garage on a lawnmower....)

Okay, the usuals.

Did you enjoy this game?

What did you think of the "do anything" format?

What did you think of the role powers, and the balance in general?

What did you think of the story?

Would you have done anything differently? What would you have changed?

Do you want to see this format again in the future?

Do you have any other comments/thoughts?

Thanks for playing. Congrats again, JD... and elementar, why the lawnmower?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom