• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
It's already up on YouTube. That's how I watch it, since I don't have cable.

I would post the video, but I think I'll just give you the URL to click on. Here it is:

Em complete with watermarks titles ratings & other sorts of crap.
Err I pass I can wait for a watermark free version later like most of us would be doing.

Err I pass I can wait for a watermark free version later like most of us would be doing.

No, most of us watch it the day it airs in the US either on youtube or on tv. Watermark or not.

Personally, I'd take a watermarked & mirrored episode over one that had commercial breaks. :p

Don't worry I wont have to worry about adbreaks as well.

Here's where I get my Waterrmark free episodes.
They are ripped from the Hubworld website usally appering same day at times the next day even.

I also maintain a Channel on youtube dedicated to watermark free episodes.

Ah, okay. So long as you're not a week behind the rest of us. :3

Anyway, here are the Friendship is Magic Wiki's descriptions thus far on the two new episodes slated for airing.

Rainbow Dash hosts a flying race to see who will be her new pet.

And the episode after that:

There is a new hero in Ponyville who is masked and stealing Rainbow Dash's thunder.

Huh. That leaves quite a bit of room for speculation, eh?

Seeing as the former episode involves animals, I'm hoping it will cure me of the Fluttershy withdrawl I've been experiencing lately.

Ah, okay. So long as you're not a week behind the rest of us. :3

Anyway, here are the Friendship is Magic Wiki's descriptions thus far on the two new episodes slated for airing.

Rainbow Dash hosts a flying race to see who will be her pet.

And the episode after that:

There is a new hero in Ponyville who is masked and stealing Rainbow Dash's thunder.

Huh. That leaves quite a bit of room for speculation, eh?

Seeing as the former episode involves animals, I'm hoping it will cure me of the Fluttershy withdrawl I've been experiencing lately.
The first episode on that post was already speculated about on pages 47 and 48 of this thread and you even posted about it. I'm quoting your and my speculation about it
The synopsis of Episode 7 "May the Best Pet Win!" has been revealed by Zap 2 it and it says
Rainbow Dash hosts a flying race to see who will be her pet.
What do people think "pet" means? I think the synopsis is saying that there will be a race for pegasus ponies but it is strange that the word "pet" is used because pets are normally animals owned by an animal of the dominating species which are part of a different species to it. I'm saying "species" because on Earth the dominating species is human and in Equestria I expect the dominating species is ponies but there are other species which can talk like dragons, draconequi, cows and buffalos.
I bet Pinkie Pie will win with a rock named Rocky.

Then Pinkie will have the trophy engraved to Twilight, and the plaque will read "Twilight Sprinkle".

/SpongeBob reference
Water Max (our roaming reporter) has reported that the new episode is about some sort of race between pets.

But if you mean what the episode will be "about", in the case of the lesson to be taught, I don't know. My Little Pony has a tendency to get lessons out of things that I would've never considered.
Most people think it will be a race for animals not pegasus ponies. The second episode hasn't been speculated about yet and I think by hero it means that the new pony is trying to do Rainbow Dash's job with the weather and Rainbow Dash doesn't like it hence the pun of thunder. I think this will be similar to Owl's Well That Ends Well with Rainbow Dash and the "hero" being similar to Spike and the owl.

EDIT: Actually I agree that Fluttershy may have a big part of the episode but I don't think any pony will take part in the race.

Last edited:
The first episode on that post was already speculated about on pages 47 and 48 of this thread and you even posted about it. I'm quoting your and my speculation about it

I know that, I just figured that if I was going to post the description of the episode after that one, then I might as well post the description of the next one in line for airing. The main thing I wanted to do in that was upload the description of the next episode that hasn't been speculated about. :S

Most people think it will be a race for animals not pegasus ponies. The second episode hasn't been speculated about yet and I think by hero it means that the new pony is trying to do Rainbow Dash's job with the weather and Rainbow Dash doesn't like it hence the pun of thunder. I think this will be similar to Owl's Well That Ends Well with Rainbow Dash and the "hero" being similar to Spike and the owl.

Hmm, maybe. The initial idea I got when I read the description myself was that somepony is showing off more than Rainbow Dash, kind of like The Great and Powerful Trixie. But your idea makes more sense to me.

EDIT: Actually I agree that Fluttershy may have a big part of the episode but I don't think any pony will take part in the race.

Nah, me neither. Though there are funny jokes going around that Scootaloo will be in the race in her never-ending quest to be Dash's personal butt-kisser. But of course those are just jokes.

And Fluttershy had better make up for her absense lately or I'm gonna be pissed. >:[

Every forum I go >.> Anyways, I love the series. Im not a faker either, I really watch the series, and its good TBH. I like applejack probably the most, as her and twilight are the most practical ;)

RD is my least favorite of the mane six, but I always like her episodes the most. And today's episode as no exception!

Absolutely loved the song. It was so musical-like and fun to listen to. Can't wait to listen to it again.

Also, I think I predicted her getting a turtle some weeks ago. >:) Personally I would've loved if she got the bat, it was cute.

Pet episode:

- Dream sequence involving the pets as one body
- Applejack's dog makes her second appearance
- Song time (finally), and it's a duet from two of the most popular ponies from the poll
- Well what do you know, a tortoise is in this epi; I sense a foreshadow thanks to the brony community
- Rainbow Dash chooses a falcon, an owl, an eagle, a bat, a butterfly, a wasp, a toucan, a duck (QUACK), a hummingbird, the tortoise, and a flamingo (can't remember the rest of the flyers) for a contest for best pet
- Ride of the Valkyres!
- Rainbow Dash's wing get's stuck on a boulder, and the tortoise helps her out
- The bronies were right, the tortoise ends up being Rainbow Dash's pet for saving her life, and he's given a name: Tank
- Chopper tortoise solves all problems
- No Derpy cameo this time around

skadsfkjlsfalkj. This episode was SO CUTE. Like seriously. SQUEES ALL AROUND.

Yay Owlowiscious! And Winona! And Gummy! ^_^ Good to see those three again. And, um...hi, Angel and Opal...haven't seen you guys in a while. >_>

That's kind of cute how the ponies have playdates together with their pets.

First song of season 2, and it's SO AWESOME!! /)(^3^)(\ We've never really heard Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash singing together, but their duet was absolutely fabulous! Totally the kind of song I would have sung along to had I known the words. Right after I finish making this post, I'm gonna go listen to it again. :-D

And Derpy's head coming out of the chicken coop at the very end of the song was just... :lol:

Um, RD...I love you and all, but can you please stop being a bitch to the poor tortoise? *hugs the tortoise*

Anyone who thought the tortoise wasn't going to be in the episode got majorly owned. Sorry, guys. XD

Aww, the tortoise saved RD from the avalanche. So sweet. :'3

It was kind of predictable that RD would pick the tortoise as her pet in the end, but I was still all, "D'awwwww!" when she revealed it. I felt bad for the falcon, but oh well. :3

So, the tortoise's name is Tank... "Even though it rides high on the flank, Rainbow won't look like a tank", huh?

This might be my favorite episode of season 2 so far. It showcased my favorite pony, there was a freaking AWESOME song, and it was just so freaking cute and hilarious too. I'm rewatching it ASAP.

Last edited:
I liked this episode. It was a nice exploration into Rainbow Dash's character, although I think they played up Fluttershy's character a bit much.

It was quite obvious throughout the episode that the turtle would win, and I'm happy with it. So is his name Tank now?

Anyway, the episode was nice, though not spectacular or anything. I liked the opera style conversation, though you can hardly call it a song.

Willing to bet that the pet who wins is a turtle.
By turtle did you mean tortoise? If you did then that is correct. That error of the difference between turtle and tortoise was also mentioned in the episode a lot. How did you know before the episode aired? I expected it would be the tortoise when Fluttershy asked Rainbow Dash to let it enter the competition.

I like the operatic conversation between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in this episode.

And how that days lesson ends in how the Turtle tortoise a lesson.
What did you mean by this?

Last edited:
By turtle did you mean tortoise? If you did then that is correct. That error of the difference between turtle and tortoise was also mentioned in the episode a lot. How did you know before the episode aired? I expected it would be the tortoise when Fluttershy asked Rainbow Dash to let it enter the competition.

Because I have psychic powers.

Actually, it's kinda easy to guess because an animal that's so very unlike Rainbow Dash would make an excellent foil for her character. Plus there's also a lot of fanart and even a few Rainbow Dash toys come with a small turtle figure. Fans, Studio B! and Hasbro apparently thought alike when deciding that the perfect pet would be a turtle/tortoise.

No Derpy cameo this time around

Derpy is in the doorway to Fluttershy's chicken coop

Now here is my review
Amazing Episode which has my 2 favouite ponys Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy
The Song about pets was so awesome i was listing it at my nans on almost full sound
I knew that was going to be her pet and be the friendship lesson of the episode

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom