• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

Thank you for reporting these! I'll definitely look into them further as I process more PLA names.

Red (game) & Iris is actually already YoungChampionShipping and has been for about 10 years. Because of that, and because FireFlowerShipping is already listed, I won't be adding it for Red and Iris. Thank you for sending it my way though!

Volo & Akari is one of the few listed Legends pairings at the moment as it has a name with community usage. It's WielderShipping.

Was this a serious question? You're expecting same-day turnaround on your four spam posts?

BattleAmourShipping is permanently rejected for violating the SV rule. This means that absent significant real-world usage, the pairing will not be added with this name and you will not be allowed to submit other names for it. The massive ships are deferred to the untouchables unless I find an SV character in there, in which case they'll be permanently rejected too. Anything with a PLA character is getting a PLA deferral. All of the others will be accepted or denied at the next update.
Thank you for reporting these! I'll definitely look into them further as I process more PLA names.

Red (game) & Iris is actually already YoungChampionShipping and has been for about 10 years. Because of that, and because FireFlowerShipping is already listed, I won't be adding it for Red and Iris. Thank you for sending it my way though!

Volo & Akari is one of the few listed Legends pairings at the moment as it has a name with community usage. It's WielderShipping.

Was this a serious question? You're expecting same-day turnaround on your four spam posts?

BattleAmourShipping is permanently rejected for violating the SV rule. This means that absent significant real-world usage, the pairing will not be added with this name and you will not be allowed to submit other names for it. The massive ships are deferred to the untouchables unless I find an SV character in there, in which case they'll be permanently rejected too. Anything with a PLA character is getting a PLA deferral. All of the others will be accepted or denied at the next update.
You don't have to be so harsh... I didn't really know the rules. I'm already new to this site.

You don't have to be so harsh... I didn't really know the rules. I'm already new to this site.
There's exactly one serious, unique thread rule and it's in the post you quoted earlier. I can't just allow you to make an early claim to a ship when everyone else is waiting patiently. It's not fair to them.

Everything else I mentioned is related to processing, which you asked about. Some of your ships were very long and fit into a category that was on the old untouchables list, so when the names are processed, they'll be deferred to that list. I deferred at least a hundred PLA names in the last update because I'm behind on processing them, so those names you submitted are getting the same blanket deferral. Everything else is getting the same treatment as everyone else where it'll be accepted or rejected during an update. I usually don't comment on submissions unless someone asks a specific question or there's something I otherwise have to say about it.

Here’s my ships so far:

Leaf x Lyra
Red x Blue
Chase x Trace
Silver x Gold
Brendan x Lisia
Buck x Barry
Dawn x Marley
Hilbert x Cheren
Hildia x Bianca
Calem x Trevor
Serena x May
Gloria x Selene
Gladion x Hau
Victor x Bede
Marnie x Lillie
Kellyn x Keith
Solana x Lunick
Sabrina x Erika
Lance x Steven
Morty x Falkner
Whitney x Jasmine
Clair x Lorelei
Flannery x Winona
Roark x Riley
Gardenia x Cheryl
Candice x Mayleene
Flint x Bolkner
LuIan x Aaron
Burgh x Grimsly
Korinia x Bea
Lana x Mallow
Nessa x Sonia
Gordie x Milo
Leon x Raihan
Volo x Adaman

Here’s my ships so far:

Leaf x Lyra
Red x Blue
Chase x Trace
Silver x Gold
Brendan x Lisia
Buck x Barry
Dawn x Marley
Hilbert x Cheren
Hildia x Bianca
Calem x Trevor
Serena x May
Gloria x Selene
Gladion x Hau
Victor x Bede
Marnie x Lillie
Kellyn x Keith
Solana x Lunick
Sabrina x Erika
Lance x Steven
Morty x Falkner
Whitney x Jasmine
Clair x Lorelei
Flannery x Winona
Roark x Riley
Gardenia x Cheryl
Candice x Mayleene
Flint x Bolkner
LuIan x Aaron
Burgh x Grimsly
Korinia x Bea
Lana x Mallow
Nessa x Sonia
Gordie x Milo
Leon x Raihan
Volo x Adaman
I think you might be a little confused lol this thread is for naming ships, but the sweeping majority of these are already named. You can find the names in the first two posts on the thread.

I have an idea for AZ/Cogita :  eienshipping (already taken) eiseishipping.

Last edited:
id like to coin some names

RoyalRedShipping - Lear & Red (game)
UnbeatableRivalShipping - Blue (game) & Raihan

was gonna do a leon/sonia/raihan name too but i couldnt come up with a name i actually liked lol

Hi! This list is so awesome and has helped me find fancontent quite a few times, so I thought I might submit some ideas I had for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure (given the lack of ship names in this fandom). Note: These aren't just ship names to make ship names, I do actually like all of these/am working on fancontent. xD

AbsurdlyClingyshipping - Hareta & Jun
BoysTimesThreeShipping - Hareta, Jun, & Koya
DPACrescentshipping - Jun & Saturn
DPAdventureShipping - Hareta, Jun, Koya, & Mitsumi
DPAGalacticBombShipping - Jun & Mars
FirstAndSecondShipping - Jun & Koya
FlatAssShipping - B-2 & Jun
Moodshipping - Koya & Yellow (Pokemon Special)
OpposingBehindShipping - B-2 & Koya
SubstituteShipping - Koya & Mitsumi

I hope these are alright/you're still taking submissions!

Hi! This list is so awesome and has helped me find fancontent quite a few times, so I thought I might submit some ideas I had for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure (given the lack of ship names in this fandom). Note: These aren't just ship names to make ship names, I do actually like all of these/am working on fancontent. xD

AbsurdlyClingyshipping - Hareta & Jun
BoysTimesThreeShipping - Hareta, Jun, & Koya
DPACrescentshipping - Jun & Saturn
DPAdventureShipping - Hareta, Jun, Koya, & Mitsumi
DPAGalacticBombShipping - Jun & Mars
FirstAndSecondShipping - Jun & Koya
FlatAssShipping - B-2 & Jun
Moodshipping - Koya & Yellow (Pokemon Special)
OpposingBehindShipping - B-2 & Koya
SubstituteShipping - Koya & Mitsumi

I hope these are alright/you're still taking submissions!
Super happy to hear how the list has helped you! We're definitely still taking submissions!

I'll have to check more thoroughly of course, but most of these look good. A few notes though, SubstituteShipping is already taken so that will need a different name. MoodShipping somehow seems to be free but I'm gonna have to double-check the secondary lists just to be sure. I'm also a bit conflicted on FlatAssShipping; the list isn't actively trying to add more inappropriate names, but there's definitely a trend with B-2 names and it's very consistent with the source material. It'll probably be added, but if you have any preferred alternative please let me know just in case.

Also just so you know, making up names just to make up names is also completely fine! Most of the names on the list were created that way. We just ask that you don't make up names to preempt a community that actually ships the pairing themselves, but that's mostly an issue with new releases. Anything as old as the DP manga is almost certain to be fine.

Note to self: Fix DialgaShipping.

I'd suggest FlatCheeksShipping instead. Seems more family-friendly to me :p

AgrajagShipping - Volo & Guzzlord
AkkodhaShipping - Volo & Nihilego
BagOfHoldingShipping - Volo & Cosmog
BeastFriendForeverShipping - Volo & Silvally
BeastKillerShipping - Volo & Type: Null
BeautifulLieShipping - Volo & Pheromosa
BlackBladeShipping - Volo & Kartana
BlackLotusShipping - Volo & Diancie
BlasterMasterShipping - Volo & Celesteela
ClockworkOrangeShipping - Volo & Magearna
DoorToNothingnessShipping - Volo & Hoopa
FlightOfTheBumblebeeShipping - Volo & Buzzwole
IlimokuShipping - Volo & Tapu Koko
KâneShipping - Volo & Tapu Lele
KanaloaShipping - Volo & Tapu Fini
LastChristmasShipping - Volo & Xurkitree
LonoShipping - Volo & Tapu Bulu
MoxEmeraldShipping - Lian & Wally
MoxJetShipping - Hilbert & Lian
MoxRubyShipping - Brendan & Lian
MoxSapphireShipping - Lian & May
NeutronStarShipping - Volo & Cosmoem
ValakutShipping - Volo & Volcanion

RoosterShipping - Blaziken & Tapu Koko
TemporalWhiskersShipping - Dialga & Whiscash

Last edited:
Hello hello! Was wondering if there's any particular order to which character name comes first in the ship list?

May I submit:
GothamShipping - Lance, Will & Karen
NightOwlShipping - Clemont & Nita

Was searching for Lance/Will/Karen in the list with Ctrl+F and didn't find it, so I guess either I was searching for them in the wrong order or it's free real estate. Hopefully these are alright, thank you!

Hello hello! Was wondering if there's any particular order to which character name comes first in the ship list?

May I submit:
GothamShipping - Lance, Will & Karen
NightOwlShipping - Clemont & Nita

Was searching for Lance/Will/Karen in the list with Ctrl+F and didn't find it, so I guess either I was searching for them in the wrong order or it's free real estate. Hopefully these are alright, thank you!
These submissions are indeed in the correct order, and they all do look free.

If you're curious, the main formatting rule is first all of the male humans in a ship, then all of the female humans, then all of the Pokemon, then all inanimate objects. Then, within these categories, everyone is listed alphabetically. Ownership tags for Pokemon and objects are at the end.

CastlevaniaShipping - Volo & Stakataka
CharlotteHornetsShipping - Volo & Poipole
CyclopeanShipping - Volo & Melmetal
JokerImmunityShipping - Volo & Blacephalon
KamaitachiShipping - Volo & Zeraora
NutKingCallShipping - Volo & Meltan
StandPowerShipping - Volo & Marshadow
StickerbrushSymphonyShipping - Volo & Naganadel

Yeah, some more. What else is new :p

Hi! I don't think there is a name for this ot3 so I thought one. If I am wrong, please tell me.

DraconicBondShipping - Raihan, Sonia & Leon

Super happy to hear how the list has helped you! We're definitely still taking submissions!

I'll have to check more thoroughly of course, but most of these look good. A few notes though, SubstituteShipping is already taken so that will need a different name. MoodShipping somehow seems to be free but I'm gonna have to double-check the secondary lists just to be sure. I'm also a bit conflicted on FlatAssShipping; the list isn't actively trying to add more inappropriate names, but there's definitely a trend with B-2 names and it's very consistent with the source material. It'll probably be added, but if you have any preferred alternative please let me know just in case.

Also just so you know, making up names just to make up names is also completely fine! Most of the names on the list were created that way. We just ask that you don't make up names to preempt a community that actually ships the pairing themselves, but that's mostly an issue with new releases. Anything as old as the DP manga is almost certain to be fine.

Note to self: Fix DialgaShipping.

Oops! I thought I checked through, but I guess one slipped by me. xD Could we go with GreenishSubstituteShipping instead?

And sorry for the Jun and B-2 one, I forgot that could be considered an inapropriate word lol (grew up saying it). I liked Herbizzarre's suggestion for Jun and B-2, that one was pretty nice! (FlatCheeksShipping)

(P.S. I think DialgaShipping is still okay!)

Hi! I don't think there is a name for this ot3 so I thought one. If I am wrong, please tell me.

DraconicBondShipping - Raihan, Sonia & Leon
I haven't found a ship name for them anywhere but also couldn't come up with one I liked, so thank you lol
If you don't mind, what's the reasoning behind this ship name? It's always fun to know the behind the scenes

Oops! I thought I checked through, but I guess one slipped by me. xD Could we go with GreenishSubstituteShipping instead?

And sorry for the Jun and B-2 one, I forgot that could be considered an inapropriate word lol (grew up saying it). I liked Herbizzarre's suggestion for Jun and B-2, that one was pretty nice! (FlatCheeksShipping)

(P.S. I think DialgaShipping is still okay!)

I'm glad you like the suggestion. I was inspired by a Let's Player who had once substituted the word "half-youknowwhat" to "one-cheeked" in order to stay family-friendly. :p

If you're curious, the main formatting rule is first all of the male humans in a ship, then all of the female humans, then all of the Pokemon, then all inanimate objects. Then, within these categories, everyone is listed alphabetically. Ownership tags for Pokemon and objects are at the end.

This got me thinking : after looking up the current list, I came across the name of Blanche from Pokémon GO, and I found out that character's gender isn't specified in either japanese or english (which we're going by for shipping names). In this case, if I were to make a ship name for this Blanche and a male character, or Blanche and a female character, what would be the order then ? I would handling this way : alphabetical order regardless of each character's gender. A few examples below :

Archie & Blanche (GO)
Blanche (GO) & Leon
Ariana & Blanche (GO)
Blanche (GO) & Jupiter

Which formatting is correct here ? it also doesn't help that Blanche is also the name of an anime character AND the french name for Whitney but that's another story lmao

This got me thinking : after looking up the current list, I came across the name of Blanche from Pokémon GO, and I found out that character's gender isn't specified in either japanese or english (which we're going by for shipping names). In this case, if I were to make a ship name for this Blanche and a male character, or Blanche and a female character, what would be the order then ? I would handling this way : alphabetical order regardless of each character's gender. A few examples below :

Archie & Blanche (GO)
Blanche (GO) & Leon
Ariana & Blanche (GO)
Blanche (GO) & Jupiter

Which formatting is correct here ? it also doesn't help that Blanche is also the name of an anime character AND the french name for Whitney but that's another story lmao
The convention used by the list previously was to treat Blanche (GO) as a female character, which is how Blanche is gendered in all translations that gender the character, but perhaps this is worth reevaluating.

Note to self: Clean up untagged Blanche ships

Fair enough. It's not much of a big deal since as far as I know, there are no other human characters without a defined gender in the entire franchise, but it's still worth investigating.

ArcboundShipping - Volo & Regieleki
BeowulfShipping - Volo & Urshifu
EmperionShipping - Volo & Registeel
FerocidonShipping - Volo & Regidrago
IceHideShipping - Volo & Regice
LodestoneShipping - Volo & Regirock
UgajinShipping - Volo & Enamorus

Hi, Happy New Years!! My friends and I have been working on some Scarlet/Violet pairings and names and the time has come to submit them :] This also includes popular pairing names I've seen around that I didn't dub, but have permission to submit!

Strictly S/V Characters
* indicates names that i've seen being used [popularly] on tumblr and/or twitter
HealthySandwichShipping - Dendra & Miriam
AreaZeroShipping - Clavell & Turo
BattleStarShipping - Eri & Nemona
BeautifullyBrazenShipping - Mela & Ortega
BewitchedShipping - Geeta & Tulip
ElegantlyBrashShipping - Eri & Ortega
* EphemeralArtShipping - Brassius & Hassel
EstrellarShipping - Eri & Mela
ESPShipping - Dendra & Tulip
FutureTechShipping - Jacq & Turo
FruitfulHarvestShipping - Mela & Nemona
* LakeHouseShipping - Sada & Turo
LaTierraShipping - Geeta & Rika
* PermafrostShipping - Grusha & Rika
*PlainDoughnutShipping - Larry & Saguaro
PreservedPastShipping - Raifort & Sada
RubatoShipping - Giacomo & Ortega
SecretSweetsShipping - Katy & Saguaro
SelfCareShipping - Katy & Tulip
SnowShockShipping - Grusha & Iono
* StarfallShipping - Juliana & Penny
StarSquadShipping - Atticus, Eri, Giacomo, Mela & Ortega
* TimeMixShipping - Arven & Giacomo

S/V And Others
AbsolutelyGlamorousShipping - Klara & Tulip
AbsolutelyMarvelousShipping - Avery & Tulip
ControlledHazeShipping - Avery & Grusha
DoubleTypeAdvantageShipping - Avery, Klara & Tulip
FailGirlShipping - Iono & Shauntal
FairyFlowerShipping - Mina & Penny
LiveOnAirShipping - Iono & Lisia
LivePerformanceShipping - Iono & Piers
PunkVogueShipping - Piers & Tulip
ShiningBeautyShipping - Elesa & Tulip
SkylitShipping - Iono & Skyla
SuitAndTieShipping - Larry & Looker
WholeheartedShipping - Jacq & Sonia

there should be more coming soon! i hope your holidays were lovely!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom