• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, considering the fact that they had to animate over a thousand Pokemon sprites, I forgive the lack of gender differences.

The moving sprites > Gender differences for me

I aggree. Gender differences weren't usually that different anyway. Except for Nidoran, but the male and female versions are actually completely different genderless Pokemon, because they were made before genders had been invented.

If Braviary has a female species, that would mean that they are able to more easily get Roost, and that's a great thing, because they are quite bulky for an offensive Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

Sadly, though, it doesn't. Mandebuzz doesn't lay Rufflet eggs. As a result, Braviary has no egg moves.

It sucks that Braviary doesn't get egg moves, but it still seems good spite that ^_^ he's another reason im getting white.

Well, to be exact, Victini is a "Mythical Pokémon", which are legendaries that are normally unavailable. Examples of other Mythical Pokémon are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

Re: is it legendary?

Yes.

With a mustache.

a lot of people like to go based off of trends to try and predict how the games will work etc. but if anything has been shown from black and white it is not following most trends. we are seeing the greatest difference between the versions more so than any other generation. In addition on the topic of victini, we are seeing a regional #000 pokemon and its legendary, another first. So trends are fine to try and predict how these games will work but it seems like there is more new concepts and ideas this generation, which i personally feel is great!

a lot of people like to go based off of trends to try and predict how the games will work etc. but if anything has been shown from black and white it is not following most trends. we are seeing the greatest difference between the versions more so than any other generation. In addition on the topic of victini, we are seeing a regional #000 pokemon and its legendary, another first. So trends are fine to try and predict how these games will work but it seems like there is more new concepts and ideas this generation, which i personally feel is great!
Another "first" or just a variation of "special numbers"? Sure you probably couldn't predict it but it isn't mind blowing.

as a Pokemon by its self what do you all poke-fans think of it. I mean its kool its a psychic fire type, but what about the battle field

Another "first" or just a variation of "special numbers"? Sure you probably couldn't predict it but it isn't mind blowing.

neither would a third version coming out and it being called something other than gray. a few people seem to be expecting it to be gray. I was just bringing to view the idea that black and white is introducing some firsts to the pokemon world.

neither would a third version coming out and it being called something other than gray. a few people seem to be expecting it to be gray. I was just bringing to view the idea that black and white is introducing some firsts to the pokemon world.
You make it sound like Gen V is this amazing new generation which pioneered in doing things differently. Taking legendaries into account on its own, they've been doing something new with them since Gen III. Victini getting a 000 dex number is hardly amazing compared to what Deoxys introduced (which was so prominent that the concept carried on two generations later)

Doing new things isn't a uniquely Gen V thing. I don't know why we give this generation credit for what past generations have already done as if it were the first to introduce it. As far as I can see, their biggest "first" is nothing in comparison to what past generations have done (a 000 dex number?) while others are just a way to further frustrate people (Movie-exclusive move like V-generate). Gen V wasn't even the first generation to introduce in-game events that play out after bringing in Legendary Pokémon. They did that in Platinum in a minor way with a Hiker appearing if you have Arceus, and in a bigger way through SEP, Sinjoh ruins, and the Giovanni event.

They've excelled in refining what we already have, but really, no new unique features for Pokémon.

Is Beartic pronounced as "Bear-tic" (as in the animal + tic) or "Beer-tic" (as in, beard + tic)? 'Cos it's a bear...with a beard.

TPCi need to make a list of Pokémon pronunciations; especially with this generation.

Back
Top Bottom