• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo moves into the next dimension: 3DS in stores February 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize that the DSi has an online store for really crappy games, and the 3DS has an online store for a virtual console for old GB games, and while I haven't heard of anything, I'm sure they'll make 3DSware as well, and I'm sure with the 3DS' capabilities, these games won't be crap.

I would be really stoked about the GameBoy Virtual Console, if not for having watched how the the Virtual Console on the Wii has played out. Sounded awesome at first, but it's slowly died out to the point where there are rarely any new releases, and some much hoped for classics have yet to be seen. I'm wishing for the best, but skeptical.

I would be really stoked about the GameBoy Virtual Console, if not for having watched how the the Virtual Console on the Wii has played out. Sounded awesome at first, but it's slowly died out to the point where there are rarely any new releases, and some much hoped for classics have yet to be seen. I'm wishing for the best, but skeptical.
And how many iPhone games are even as good as those old classics?

It's unfortunate that it was slow, but the Wii and 3DS doesn't need to rely solely on its online content to push it through.

I kinda worry Nintendo is missing the boat with handheld motion controls like the iPhone. That plus the ease with which people can acquire new games easily online. Are they maybe going the 3D route instead of trying to beat Apple at being Apple?

It was confirmed at E3 that the 3DS will have motion sensors and gyros (gyros is short for gyroscopes, which allow for more precise motion control and are what's used in Wii Motion Plus). The 3DS will also have access to the entire library of DSiWare, plus classic Game Boy and GBC games, classic NES and SNES games with a 3D effect added, and most likely its own library of 3DSWare, all available online. So, in terms of gaming, the 3DS is capable of everything the iPhone and iPod Touch are, and then some.

It was confirmed at E3 that the 3DS will have motion sensors and gyros (gyros is short for gyroscopes, which allow for more precise motion control and are what's used in Wii Motion Plus). The 3DS will also have access to the entire library of DSiWare, plus classic Game Boy and GBC games, classic NES and SNES games with a 3D effect added, and most likely its own library of 3DSWare, all available online. So, in terms of gaming, the 3DS is capable of everything the iPhone and iPod Touch are, and then some.

Whoa, nice. I stand corrected. This thing could be AWESOME.

I'm only for the 3DS for the supposedly improved hardware. I just got a DSi, and I am dissapointed in the technical capabilities of it. But, since I just got a DSi, I'm probably not getting the 3DS until a mainstream Pokémon game comes out.

I don't know guys maybe this 3ds will end up like the virtual console.I mean It would be sick.But the biggest wonder is if this one shows up will the DS franchise end because its too early to create something like this.

I know it sounds stupid but just think the way they say it almost sounds like they copied all the features of the PSP.

I'm praying that this does NOT end the DS game franchise.

For this system, will wi-fi/trading be possible for the 4th generation Pokemon games?

Forget the specs, this console will have "Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright"

That's enough for me to buy it.

So at least the release date is not too far off. I can hardly wait to try out the 3DS, and play Kid Icarus!

Unless if things change, there is no way I'm going to get a 3DS -- at least, not yet. US $300? That's more than pretty much any other system that I have ever had. Let alone a handheld, the type of system that I tend to like the most -- even the first two DS models were less than half of this price (and as far as I know, the DSi models are still a lot less than this). Even the Wii, when it came out initially, was less than this -- $US 250, which in my opinion was already a lot to begin with.

You think that's expensive? A Nintendo DSXL is AU $300 right now, I can only imagine how pricey a 3DS will be, no less than AU $450 for sure.

You think that's expensive? A Nintendo DSXL is AU $300 right now, I can only imagine how pricey a 3DS will be, no less than AU $450 for sure.

$450 Australian dollars...?! What the...?
No way it'll be that expensive... I hope.

Ah, even if it is I'll be getting it regardless so ... bye bye money.

I know it sounds stupid but just think the way they say it almost sounds like they copied all the features of the PSP.

Copied the PSP...? I've never heard that before...
And of course production for DS games will end eventually once the 3DS is out.

Last edited:
I don't know guys maybe this 3ds will end up like the virtual console.I mean It would be sick.But the biggest wonder is if this one shows up will the DS franchise end because its too early to create something like this.

It is quite the opposite actually.
The rumored PSP2 is said to have a touchscreen on the back.

It is quite the opposite actually.
The rumored PSP2 is said to have a touchscreen on the back.

Why would there be a touchscreen on the back if we can only play it on the front?

Anyways, I don't see how its the opposite as when they mentioned that 3d games can be played without glasses there is a chance that it may cause seizures or something like that.

I'm only saying this because I don't want the ds franchise to end just like that.Besides I just got a new ds lite.And Nintendo has made four ds systems so why the fifth one now?

I'm only saying this because I don't want the ds franchise to end just like that.Besides I just got a new ds lite.And Nintendo has made four ds systems so why the fifth one now?

The Game Boy has had a lot of systems as well. There isn't that big of a difference.

Cant believe Nintendo didnt add 3G to the 3DS.

If the PSP2 has 3G like its rumoured to have then I'm jumping ship. :-(

The Game Boy has had a lot of systems as well. There isn't that big of a difference.

That was only for the color purpose.This one is completely different.

Look even IGN disagrees with the end of ds production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom