• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No Pokemon Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably about the distortion world. Lot's of previous gen stuff was slipped in dialogue. Blue after all got a mention.

I don't really think it can be about the Distortion World. The woman said that the waterfall was "somewhere in this world." The Distortion World isn't really "this" world, it's the world's symbiotic mirror where time and space have no meaning, and nobody really knows about it anyway. Cynthia only just recently discovered information about it in the modern era.

It's presence in the games was sitting in a cave. It's presence is it's exist. The anime always does more than the games so it's best not to look at anything that happens in it as something important for the games.

No, what I'm saying is that Zygarde was left sitting in a cave with no involvement in the plot specifically because they knew what we would assume. We can expect it to be expanded upon in the games later, because it's hidden signature moves exist in the coding. Those wouldn't be there for no reason. And as @AgentRosa points out, the 10% and Complete Formes have height and weight stats, which are useless for the anime, but important for the games.

Most franchises will have a failed game. For FE Shadow Dragon is a good example. I don't usually hear FE fans praising it, and I've really only heard bad things. And yet here we are with tons of fans for FE now.

I do think that's another worth pointing out - X/Y aren't *actually* seen as failures among the wider audience. More just some of the die-hards like myself.

This is an interesting point because it really challenges what the definition of a mascot is, but I would say there's more to being a mascot than just being on the cover. It's also about being intimately related to the region's main lore. The fans aren't arbitrarily drawing those connections, Game Freak made those connections themselves. Zygarde

Yeah, but if we go that route, then Zygarde still isn't a mascot. It's not on the cover, and it plays no part in the lore. And, would that make Pokémon like Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf into mascots? The Regis? The Swords? All of them have significant amounts of lore in the games. Hell, Raikou/Entei/Suicune are just as involved in the central mythic event of Johto as Lugia/Ho-Oh are.

Also, Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise. No lore there, still mascots. I say it is still solely about who is on the cover of the game.

Now, if you want to argue potential mascots, then that is another matter, but as highlighted by @The Outrage, people were also arguing back during Gen IV that Mesprit, Cresselia, and Heatran could have all been mascots for the third game.

This can't be stressed enough, someone should create a special thread with big bold letters stating this so that everyone knows.

It's obvious that they're not going to be anime-exclusive.
Exactly!

Yeah, but if we go that route, then Zygarde still isn't a mascot. It's not on the cover, and it plays no part in the lore. And, would that make Pokémon like Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf into mascots? The Regis? The Swords? All of them have significant amounts of lore in the games. Hell, Raikou/Entei/Suicune are just as involved in the central mythic event of Johto as Lugia/Ho-Oh are.
Related to this point, the reason people argued for Mesprit was because the Lake Trio played a significant role in DP's plot, with Mesprit taking a particular interest in the PC. Their arguments against Giratina was that it literally had no role in the plot at all. People even thought Cresselia was more likely because they were willing to speculate that there might be a plot involving Darkrai in the new games. Not entirely sure what the deal with Heatran was, yet people brought it up as if it was as likely as Giratina.

This can't be stressed enough, someone should create a special thread with big bold letters stating this so that everyone knows.

I've already said it too many times over the last few days; I'm going to let you guys do it from now on :p

All Zygarde formes will be in the games.
At this point, I even think Ash-Greninja is a thing--even if all it becomes is a Greninja aesthetic change with amiibo support (along with max affection or having affection at a higher level than normally attainable)

Right. The only question I see is whether or not Ash-Greninja will be included in the games. We have a magazine saying that we would "never see it outside the anime," but it has also made appearances in the TCG, Picross (along with 10% and Complete Zygarde), and Treta. So *is* it just a loophole to let Ash use "Mega Evolution," or does it represent a nw mechanic? I would be fine with it either way, honestly.

I have to say, I am very intrigued by the idea of it being an amiibo support thing.

Related to this point, the reason people argued for Mesprit was because the Lake Trio played a significant role in DP's plot, with Mesprit taking a particular interest in the PC. Their arguments against Giratina was that it literally had no role in the plot at all. People even thought Cresselia was more likely because they were willing to speculate that there might be a plot involving Darkrai in the new games. Not entirely sure what the deal with Heatran was, yet people brought it up as if it was as likely as Giratina.

I would guess that Heatran was connected to them because it was featured more prominently than Giratina in the post-game, and because isn't there a myth in the games that claims it was formed when Dialga and Palkia shaped the Sinnoh region?

No, it hasn't been. There's a huge difference between the kind of approach they took in games like DPPt and what they're doing now. Older games had nonlinear region design that felt more like an adventure, as opposed to now when you're constantly forced forward with little to no opportunity to explore. They also had a wealth of extra content to keep you busy which has been on the decrease in recent games.

This is very relevant to the one thing I didn't like about ORAS; May kept on & on "DO YOU WANT TO COME BACK TO PETALBURG WITH ME? *skips along with May not even showing how*" and she asks similar questions I think two other times. That really, really annoyed me, especially since if you do it, you could actually miss and forget even exploring the Desert part of Hoenn lol.

Of course you have the option to press no, but if this is there way of getting newcomers to play the games, why would they want to be pushed around by May for the first half of the game if not the most? lol.

Edit: not forgetting we have the internet nowadays, it takes two seconds to google something like "where to go after beating *** gym?" ect, that's why they should take all the "do you want me to show you?" "come with me?" out of it, especially if May's not going to follow along and just disappear afterwards.

I would guess that Heatran was connected to them because it was featured more prominently than Giratina in the post-game, and because isn't there a myth in the games that claims it was formed when Dialga and Palkia shaped the Sinnoh region?
I don't recall, but I guess the fact that it was given a slight background with Buck, whereas Giratina was just there facilitated support for Heatran.

Zygarde's forms could be the Gen VI Venustoise. :p *shot*

I don't really think it can be about the Distortion World. The woman said that the waterfall was "somewhere in this world." The Distortion World isn't really "this" world, it's the world's symbiotic mirror where time and space have no meaning, and nobody really knows about it anyway. Cynthia only just recently discovered information about it in the modern era.

Maybe we'll see it in the next region? It certainly would be cool to see.

No, what I'm saying is that Zygarde was left sitting in a cave with no involvement in the plot specifically because they knew what we would assume.

That's interesting, and it made me think of the strange souvenir. We all guessed Z would happen, and it never, and the souvenir/backpacker's comments were an allusion to that, tucked right underneath our noses.

Maybe we'll see it in the next region? It certainly would be cool to see.

Perhaps. The Outrage compared it to a certain waterfall in Hawaii. But it's not a certainty like the "facility you wouldn't believe," "town you wouldn't believe," and impressive Champion are. Those are what the Backpacker mentions. The waterfall bit is just an off-hand remark by somebody else.

They hinted at another region withing X and Y so.. Totem very tropical, sun and moon and their logos even make you think tropical. More than likely we will visit Kalos post game and finish up the story that Calem and Serena started. Or "in 2016 it all comes together" EVERY REGION SO FAR IN ONE game. of course the 3ds cant do this.. But a hybrid handheld/console Nintendo NX might just can... It would just be the worst paced/leveled game ever.

Aside from the dog forme, I hated Zygarde's other formes. I would be perfectly happy if they kept the new Zygarde formes exclusive to the anime/movie.

Aside from the dog forme, I hated Zygarde's other formes. I would be perfectly happy if they kept the new Zygarde formes exclusive to the anime/movie.

That won't happen, sorry. I highly doubt that they would create new formes such as Zygarde's exclusively for the anime. They have much more potential than that.

Are you serious? All the forms are great and deserve to be in a main series game. Eternal Floette also should be in the game or given as an event. I am not sure about Ash-Greninja since some consider it anime exclusive.

Pretty sure the waterfall thing is a reference to the Distortion World. An upside-down waterfall is a bit of a misnomer: all they really are are smaller waterfalls that with high winds present cannot cascade downwards; their water is simply blown upwards.

Do you really think in light of all that they're doing this to give the initial pair the same amount of content as a third version? No, it's more likely that they don't want to include that amount of content at all.
What you're talking about is a typical new generation with nothing more than a new region and new Pokemon. Sun and Moon were evidently made to commemorate the series. I'm curious to see a solid theory as to how the games can maintain the recent shallow approach while commemorating the previous games at the same time. Given the fact that Zygarde's Formes are undoubtedly going to be in the games and it has an enormous untold story, the chance that the games won't expand on the lore of Kalos as well as the other previous regions is so minimal.

What you're talking about is a typical new generation with nothing more than a new region and new Pokemon. Sun and Moon were evidently made to commemorate the series. I'm curious to see a solid theory as to how the games can maintain the recent shallow approach while commemorating the previous games at the same time. Given the fact that Zygarde's Formes are undoubtedly going to be in the games and it has an enormous untold story, the chance that the games won't expand on the lore of Kalos as well as the other previous regions is so minimal.

That might help the plot, but it won't help content and replay value, which is what I'm more concerned about. Referencing previous games doesn't mean they won't make the game light on content, we still need to see the region design and extra features before we have any idea about that.

That might help the plot, but it won't help content and replay value, which is what I'm more concerned about. Referencing previous games doesn't mean they won't make the game light on content, we still need to see the region design and extra features before we have any idea about that.
Including seven regions' worth of characteristics in a single region gives me the impression that the region won't skimp on exploration. It's either that or snippets of previous regions will be accessible, which opens the possibility for new content. If it helps any, the Backpacker mentions a special facility. As far as the amount of tangible features, I would think they wouldn't have foreshadowed the games and implied something special if they weren't going to differ from XY in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom