• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

On a more positive note, making GO Park into more of a Pal Park kind of deal instead of just straight up receiving your Pokémon from GO! seems like a good design choice. It's not much, but I didn't expect much from that feature anyways. In addition, the min-maxing of competitive grinding looks pretty cool thus far. That still isn't enough to convince me to buy these games though.

Omg this livestream makes me wanna play the game less and less. Its boring looking
Same :( and they just showed that the player wasn't even allowed to face Brock's gym unless he had a grass or water type Pokémon?! The whole hand-holding thing in SM/USUM wasn't really an issue for me. But it seems that this time they really are dumbing down things in LG and it's infuriating. Kids aren't stupid. And we survived Kanto and John back in the day without looking up routes and maps on the internet just fine. The more they show, the less interested in it I am...

I don’t get. You remaking Pokemon yellow. The people who are nostalgia for Gen 1 and yellow 25-35 year old. This game looks even dumber down. It’s meant for toddlers

It’s a disaster

It seems you can have all the starters from the get-go, which makes Eevee and Pikachu as a starter even more pointless than they already were. And geez, they are really deciding what Pokemon you must have on your team, else you cannot even challenge the leaders.

And whats the point in the Go Connectivity if you can trade between the games, so you can have all the Pokemon regardless, especially if you think about it that the Safari Zone is replaced with the park thingy and if you cannot access it from the start, it means you can only start with the Pokemon you transfered over when the game is already in the end-game.

Even the guy next to Masuda (Without the Eevee) looked bored at the end.

Can’t Game Freak give us something more positive about this game for E3?
Haven't you seen Trace? He is such an interesting character.

nickdt said:
It seems you can have all the starters from the get-go, which makes Eevee and Pikachu as a starter even more pointless than they already were. And geez, they are really deciding what Pokemon you must have on your team, else you cannot even challenge the leaders.
Maybe, but that level 15 Onix makes me think that they just randomly generated those Pokemon for a demo.

I don’t mind the Grass/Water thing for Brock too much, to be honest. I remember that I used to ragequit as a kid because I found Brock frustrating due to having Charmander and Pidgey in my team. It was thanks to an older friend which I managed to go forward with the game, because otherwise I would have dropped the playthrough.

I can see that thing as an anti-frustration feature for a younger audience which couples as a way to learn a bit more about type matchups. There is nothing stopping you all from showing up with a Lv. 5 Grass/Water and have your Double Kick Pikachu or whatever deal with the first Gym.

Bedsides, the demo says that Brock has that specific rule for beginners. It makes me wonder if the other Gyms will have specific rules as well, maybe that follow the difficulty curve.

So, I’ve skimmed a bit through the Treehouse thing, but there is one thing that stuck the most about it: catching Pokémon gives EXP to all party and sending the caught Pokémon to the professor gives you candy to raise your Pokémon’s EVs.

That’s a great incentive to go around catching them all, as it could be possible to obtain a fully EV’d squad during the beginning of the game. You could just send tons of “junk” Pokémon from GO to Let’s GO, send them to the prof and use the candy to beef up your Let’s GO team.

I hope there will be a similar mechanism for the 2019 game as well. It would make creating a competitive squad a bit easier, as you could get rid of breedjects while also getting items to train your Pokémon faster.

Note the lack of abilities and held items on the status page (natures seem to still be in, or at least their effects on stats are). Also, for some reason the Pokemon Center has two statues of a GS Ball.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom