• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I don't want to kill the hype or anything, but I'm not getting my hopes up for Game Freak adding new Mega Evolutions to LGPE. To start with, we don't see any trace of abilities in general. Part of the appeal about Mega Evolution is an ability that gives said Pokémon an edge in battle, and I don't think it would make sense for Game Freak to introduce a new Mega without its ability. Secondly, if we do get a handful of new Megas in LGPE, then who's to say that Game Freak wouldn't want to keep these Megas exclusive to LGPE as an incentive to buy these games at first? If that happens, what if they forget/don't care enough to add these LGPE Megas to future games once LGPE is no longer in production?

To me, it seems like GF adding ME to the equation was a last-minute decision in order to win over the detractors of these new Switch games. Of course, I could just be overthinking this.

I don't want to kill the hype or anything, but I'm not getting my hopes up for Game Freak adding new Mega Evolutions to LGPE. To start with, we don't see any trace of abilities in general. Part of the appeal about Mega Evolution is an ability that gives said Pokémon an edge in battle, and I don't think it would make sense for Game Freak to introduce a new Mega without its ability. Secondly, if we do get a handful of new Megas in LGPE, then who's to say that Game Freak wouldn't want to keep these Megas exclusive to LGPE as an incentive to buy these games at first? If that happens, what if they forget/don't care enough to add these LGPE Megas to future games once LGPE is no longer in production?

I agree with your main point here, though I want to say that I highly - highly - doubt that there is any chance of them, in such a scenario, just “forgetting” or not caring enough to bring the new Megas over to the next games. Something like the USUM-only Totems and how they’re still not compatible with Bank? Sure, but new Megas would be way too big to slip through the cracks like that.

I guess. But honestly... I at least want a dragon type, flying type, steel type, and fighting type eevee. Then you can stop there.

But at that point, you’ve made Eeveelutions for more types than you haven’t, so I would think there would become a sense of “may as well” or “it would be really weird not to” in regards to the rest of them.

I agree with your main point here, though I want to say that I highly - highly - doubt that there is any chance of them, in such a scenario, just “forgetting” or not caring enough to bring the new Megas over to the next games. Something like the USUM-only Totems and how they’re still not compatible with Bank? Sure, but new Megas would be way too big to slip through the cracks like that.
We can only hope they remember.

I agree with your main point here, though I want to say that I highly - highly - doubt that there is any chance of them, in such a scenario, just “forgetting” or not caring enough to bring the new Megas over to the next games.
It's just too suspicious. Why would they renew the trademark for these pokemon AND THEN release that there will be megas in corocoro? The last time they renewed the trademarks for pokemon, megas came out of that. Clearly this means something huge. Whether it be megas, or a new mechanic for those pokemon, only time will tell.

Besides....If you look at most of these pokemon, you'll realize a lot of them are in dire need of an upgrade. Flareon and Jolteon are...basically useless competitive wise, arbok gets outclassed by other poison type pokemon, and so on and so forth. Megas for these pokemon makes too much sense in my opinion.

Keep in mind is still not confirmed they trademarked those Pokémon, it is only a rumor.
In a few days we should be able to see if it's true or not as, if they did it, trademarks will be made public.

Mega Eeveelutions don't make sense in a game where the starter Eevee cannot evolve (Same goes for Pikachu).

Did you ignore my response on the same statement before?

Simple Classical-GF solution: Keep Raichu’s megastore exclusive to LGE and the Eeveelution stones exclusive to LGP.

The intent will be to use the wild Pikachu/Eevee with these stones.

And as @TechSkylander1518 said, Mega Stones for Pokemon that cannot be obtained in game were there in XY, but wild Pikachu/Eevee are guaranteed in game so even that isn’t an issue this time.

Keep in mind is still not confirmed they trademarked those Pokémon, it is only a rumor.
In a few days we should be able to see if it's true or not as, if they did it, trademarks will be made public.
Oh, I was led to believe that these pokemon were trademarked. If this rumor is true, when are the trademarks supposed to be made public?

And as @TechSkylander1518 said, Mega Stones for Pokemon that cannot be obtained in game were there in XY, but wild Pikachu/Eevee are guaranteed in game so even that isn’t an issue this time.

But that was just the ones for Latias and Latios, wasn’t it? I don’t think we know for sure why those were left dummied in XY. Maybe Soaring was another one of those features they meant to include in XY?

But that was just the ones for Latias and Latios, wasn’t it? I don’t think we know for sure why those were left dummied in XY. Maybe Soaring was another one of those features they meant to include in XY?

ORAS had a bunch that weren't in ORAS (main game) like Beedrill or Audino/Slowpoke etc

Actually, I was referring to the stones obtained after interacting with the Anistar sundial. Aggronite is obtained in Y, but Aggron can only be obtained in X, and so on. So with that in mind, it doesn't seem impossible to include a Raichuite in LGE and an Eonite in LGP, and make the player catch a wild Pikachu/Eevee to make use of it.

Actually, I was referring to the stones obtained after interacting with the Anistar sundial. Aggronite is obtained in Y, but Aggron can only be obtained in X, and so on. So with that in mind, it doesn't seem impossible to include a Raichuite in LGE and an Eonite in LGP, and make the player catch a wild Pikachu/Eevee to make use of it.

Ah, I see. I guess since you started by saying it "wouldn't make sense to do it," I assumed you meant the Eon twins, because the Aggronite/Manectite thing is just your typical version exclusivity schtick, which I would say does make sense, it just isn't fun.

Not the best quality, but we got more cute customization pictures from Serebii. :X3:
custom180818.jpg

custom1808182.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom