• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mewtwo's Y mega was shown much earlier, though.
Armored Mewtwo is planned for this month to be revealed, this doesn't mean they will reveal the new mechanic....and we have seen armored mewtwo already, so...

On the topic of the gym/stadium’s number:

Not considering the last city, there are 5 clear stadiums. As I said, the industrial city has a buodint with the new symbol on it (and in the map under the tower there’s seem to be a structure, while not identical, similar to the stadiums), bringing the number to 6.

For the seventh, the fortified city seems to be a likely guess for having a gym, even if with a different shape from the others. Or, as someone on the internet suggested, the southern region might have the first gym as a smaller, almost prototype one, compared to the others, maybe in one of the purple buildings.

For the last gym, as I said, other then the pink stadium which I think might have a different role, as a World Tournament in place of the VR, before the E4, there’s a building in the final city with the same symbol on the other stadiums in the map, bringing the number to 8.

Armored Mewtwo is planned for this month to be revealed, this doesn't mean they will reveal the new mechanic....and we have seen armored mewtwo already, so...
I think armored mewtwo is movie-based, not mechanic-based. That's why I think the rumour is fake to begin with. The armor Mewtwo is wearing has nothing to do with a mechanic; it's cyborg-based, not even medieval or arthurian based.

Not considering the last city, there are 5 clear stadiums. As I said, the industrial city has a buodint with the new symbol on it (and in the map under the tower there’s seem to be a structure, while not identical, similar to the stadiums), bringing the number to 6.

For the seventh, the fortified city seems to be a likely guess for having a gym, even if with a different shape from the others. Or, as someone on the internet suggested, the southern region might have the first gym as a smaller, almost prototype one, compared to the others, maybe in one of the purple buildings.

For the last gym, as I said, other then the pink stadium which I think might have a different role, as a World Tournament in place of the VR, before the E4, there’s a building in the final city with the same symbol on the other stadiums in the map, bringing the number to 8.
We have also no confirmation about the gyms being 8 like they did in the past. These arenas may be something really big, so maybe 6 are enough from GF pov.

London is where the E4 and Champion are, the rest of the towns, including the two cities within the region have gyms The only problem is that there's 7. So where's the 8th?

I think armored mewtwo is movie-based, not mechanic-based. That's why I think the rumour is fake to begin with. The armor Mewtwo is wearing has nothing to do with a mechanic; it's cyborg-based, not even medieval or arthurian based.
While that's true, we know they always tease new gens in the movie....we have a rumor about armored evolutions and we have armored mewtwo. Do the maths.

While that's true, we know they always tease gen 8 in the movie....we have a rumor about armored evolutions and we have armored mewtwo. Do the maths.
But still, what does an old Mewtwo-suit which has existed for years have to do with an upcoming mechanic? All those figurine-reveals have always been a 'big deal' with lots of secrecy, but they usually end up being quite ordinary.

But still, what does an old Mewtwo-suit which has existed for years have to do with an upcoming mechanic? All those figurine-reveals have always been a 'big deal' with lots of secrecy, but they usually end up being quite ordinary.
Maybe they simply changed the armored mewtwo to fit the new mechanic.

Maybe they simply changed the armored mewtwo to fit the new mechanic.
Yeah, if he turns out to be different? Sure, then we're going to get the forms whether I like it or not. But I hope the rumour dies if the armoured Mewtwo is just the same we've been used to.

The old movie has nothing to do with Galar, either. Mega-forms were quite Kalos-narrative-centred.

I also find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have any new regional variants. Why go through all the trouble of coming up with a open-ended name for a gimmick, if it's going to be restricted to Alola? Why not call it Alola variants instead of regional variants? It just doesn't add up...

Just in case they want to use it at a later point. The fact that it has a generic name doesn't mean they're going to use it again right away. And I really doubt it was "a lot of trouble" they had to go through to come up with a bland descriptive name.

We have also no confirmation about the gyms being 8 like they did in the past. These arenas may be something really big, so maybe 6 are enough from GF pov.
That’s quite possible. Howewer, the symbol on the building in the last city (not the stadium) being the same in the other stadiums makes it possible of being a gym.
Could it be something else? Definitely, we’ll have to wait and see.
London is where the E4 and Champion are, the rest of the towns, including the two cities within the region have gyms The only problem is that there's 7. So where's the 8th?

The fact that the E4 and champion are in London doesn’t mean a gym might not be there as well. I stand by my speculation based on the map, but we’ll see.

We've known that the upcoming movie is based on the first one since July. Any rumor that mentions Armored Evolution could just be based on the realization that Armored Mewtwo is being revived.

Didn't USUM and LGPE use a different team?
There are no real teams. Some people work on all projects and some don't, but there is always an overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom