• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they’re already including heteronormative stuff so it evidently isn’t an issue for them?

So much this. It's my biggest gripe in Pokemon tbh.

Like I am totally fine to not include any romance whatsoever because "it's a kids game" ... and then I got to the Dimensional Research Lab in SM, and Kukui's all like, "oh yea, this is my wife!" ????

And then there was weird battle you can have in Konikoni where some office worker is agonising about his love for a woman, and then the two pikachu (clearly male and female) who get "married" at Hano resort.

Like I'm not being funny, but if you want to play the romance/video games separation card, you can't just apply that to LGBT+ people and give the straight stuff a free pass. That's just homophobia.

So much this. It's my biggest gripe in Pokemon tbh.

Like I am totally fine to not include any romance whatsoever because "it's a kids game" ... and then I got to the Dimensional Research Lab in SM, and Kukui's all like, "oh yea, this is my wife!" ????

And then there was weird battle you can have in Konikoni where some office worker is agonising about his love for a woman, and then the two pikachu (clearly male and female) who get "married" at Hano resort.

Like I'm not being funny, but if you want to play the romance/video games separation card, you can't just apply that to LGBT+ people and give the straight stuff a free pass. That's just homophobia.
Uhm, maybe because heterosexual marriages are more common... Most people are heterosexual; it's the norm, not the exception. Don't blame Gamefreak for that.

Only showing heterosexual relationships isn't homophobia.

So for Evil Teams we have...

Gen 1 and 2: Team Rocket - Gangsters that steal Pokemon to make themselves rich with occupations of taking over the world
Gen 3: Team Aqua - Harnessing Kyogre to flood the entire world
Gen 3: Team Magma - Harnessing Groudon to create one huge landmass
Gen 4: Team Galactic - Destroying the universe and recreating it in their own image
Gen 5: Team Plasma - Liberating Pokemon, only to be used to take over the world (similar to Team Rocket)
Gen 6: Team Flare - Destroying the world (except Team Flare) so to recreate it in their own image (similar to Team Galactic)
Gen 7: Team Skull - Nothing but Thugs lead by one who wanted to be a Bug Type Trial Captain
Gen 7: Aether Foundation - Lusamine teams up with Team Galactic leader to harness Ultra Beasts to make Alola better
Gen 7: Team Rainbow Rocket - To take over the world with the help of past Team Leaders (excluding Team Skull and Aether Foundation)

So with all this stated, what would Gen 8's Team's goals are?

All we know is that Sword and Shield is to do with Attack and Defense, but what else?

All we know, if the rumour is true, and I'm hoping rumour or not, is to have an evil Team inspired on Romans with goals as serious as Team Rocket and Team Galactic.

And just thinking here? If the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma two parter was never made for Gen 5's Anime, why not recycle if for Gen 8's Anime, having Team Rocket going up against the Team of Galar?

All we know, if the rumour is true, and I'm hoping rumour or not, is to have an evil Team inspired on Romans with goals as serious as Team Rocket and Team Galactic.
Team Rocket is serious? Specially considering how they turned into a wreck during Gen II.

Also, the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes were made, they just were unaired.

Uhm, maybe because heterosexual marriages are more common...
Not just more common. A lot more common.
Most people are heterosexual; it's the norm, not the exception. Don't blame Gamefreak for that.
This is very important. It is not only the norm among humans, but also in nature in general. Everything else is an exception (that should be equally respected, needless to say).

And besides, we have characters like Dome Ace Tucker, Gym Leader Wallace (ORAS), and Mr. Stu Deoh (who won't stop calling my male 16 year old character "dahling"). I consider those "suggestive enough".
Evidently. I can't believe someone actually suggested it is homophobia.

Last edited:
Not just more common. A lot more common.
This is very important. It is not only the norm among humans, but also in nature in general. It's the reason why living beings exist in this world. You need a male and a female for reproduction. That's even the norm in Pokémon itself. You know, for Pokémon reproduction? XD

And besides, we have characters like Dome Ace Tucker, Gym Leader Wallace (ORAS), and Mr. Stu Deoh (who won't stop calling my male 16 year old character "dahling"). I consider those "suggestive enough".

Evidently. I can't believe someone actually suggested it is homophobia.
It's over, Drop it!

Major Dragon Legendaries..

Gen 3: Rayquaza (Dragon/Flying)
Gen 4: Dialga (Dragon/Steel), Palkia (Dragon/Water), Giratina (Dragon/Ghost)
Gen 5: Reshiram (Dragon/Fire, Zekrom (Dragon/Electric), Kyurem (Dragon/Ice)
Gen 6: Zygarde (Dragon/Ground)
Gen 7: Ultra Necrozma (Psychic/Dragon)

I wonder what the next typing pair for a Legendary Dragon Pokemon will be?

Major Dragon Legendaries..

Gen 3: Rayquaza (Dragon/Flying)
Gen 4: Dialga (Dragon/Steel), Palkia (Dragon/Water), Giratina (Dragon/Ghost)
Gen 5: Reshiram (Dragon/Fire, Zekrom (Dragon/Electric), Kyurem (Dragon/Ice)
Gen 6: Zygarde (Dragon/Ground)
Gen 7: Ultra Necrozma (Psychic/Dragon)

I wonder what the next typing pair for a Legendary Dragon Pokemon will be?

Preferably it’d not have dragon as a primary type, nor dragon as a secondary type.

What about a novel suggestion: the third legendary isn’t dragon type!

Dragon/ Fairly (and Dragon/Dark if they are a duo).

Last edited:
I'd prefer if there are no legendary duos/trios sharing a type (specially if it’s going to be Dragon, Fairy or Psychic) It felt oversaturated in Unova and SInnoh with dragon, and Fairy in Alola with the four Tapu.

And for the first time in history a third legend that isn’t a dragon type, nor turns into one. I'd prefer a mammalian third legendary for once.

I want an evil arachnid legendary Bug/Dark type with more than 10 legs with a terrible look who wants to make whole world its nest but the main duo prevent it from that idea. We could see a city fully covered with webs and people and pokemon are in cocoons. But you know its too dark to be real.

After necrozma i reaaaaaly want to see more evil/bad pokemon

I want an evil arachnid legendary Bug/Dark type with more than 10 legs with a terrible look who wants to make whole world its nest but the main duo prevent it from that idea. We could see a city fully covered with webs and people and pokemon are in cocoons. But you know its too dark to be real.

After necrozma i reaaaaaly want to see more evil/bad pokemon
Are you trying to get rid of all the arachnophobe fans?

Are you trying to get rid of all the arachnophobe fans?

let's be honest if Galvantula and Ariados wasn't enough to scare them off then they'll live

Uhm, maybe because heterosexual marriages are more common... Most people are heterosexual; it's the norm, not the exception. Don't blame Gamefreak for that.

This statement makes really no sense, sorry.
Heterosexual marriages are more common (in the sense that are most known) because gay ones are still not even hallowed in a lot countries and in most of the countries where it's legal, it's been legal since 2000s at best.
2000+ years vs 20 years (at best).
It's true that there are more straight people than gay ones but the same can be said for the blacks and we have black people in the games.
I agree that only showing heterosexual relationships is not homophobia from GF. I mean it's GF, they are just afraid of loosing money, as always.
In 2019 after 23 years, how can you expect gay references in a game where the mc still looks like an emotionless dummy?

This statement makes really no sense, sorry.
Heterosexual marriages are more common (in the sense that are most known) because gay ones are still not even hallowed in a lot countries and in most of the countries where it's legal, it's been legal since 2000s at best.
2000+ years vs 20 years (at best).
It's true that there are more straight people than gay ones but the same can be said for the blacks and we have black people in the games.
I agree that only showing heterosexual relationships is not homophobia from GF. I mean it's GF, they are just afraid of loosing money, as always.
In 2019 after 23 years, how can you expect gay references in a game where the mc still looks like an emotionless dummy?

let children be children. Thats for adults a problem and not the game to solve those so easy.

When it comes to a dark/bug pokemon would need a really good ability to work well. Something hp draning and nice.

Self would want to see a bug/ghost done in a new interesting way, maybe fast and with sleeping moves, dream eater and new ability maybe a reverse-nightmare for pokemon that don't sleep that would hurt Vital Spirit users?
Then pokemon like Comala that sleep could shine in battle against it.
Also want more beast like abilities like we got with wishiwashi, I imagine a pokemon that transform this way when falling asleep.
Or some that transform after getting poisoned, burned or frozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom