• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pokemon-swordshield-logo-japanese-BANNER.jpg

So we gonna talk about those symbols that pop up everywhere?

If you're talking about the Pokeball-looking things in the titles, here's what I noticed:
Watching the trailer again and something I've noticed is that apparently the Pokéball-esque symbol that appears on the Japanese logos (which is also the one that appears on the baseball-like attire worn by the PC) is the same as the symbol in front of the gym (that is, if the stadium with a leaf on top is really a Gym). So, if that's the case, not only did they change the logo of Pokémon Gyms again (which is a shame, cause I actually liked the BW logo), but they also seem to have turned the gyms into a combination of sports-themed events (which, now that I look up closer, actually reassemble the Olympics) and traditional Gym battles.

Are we sure that the wolves are the legendaries?Wolves are commonly depicted as the hilt, or the symbol. Think about all the ancient family clans. Lions, wolves, and such were used for those all the time. Perhaps the legendary actually wields something with a wolf on it, or it somehow ties into a family (probably royalty)

Last edited:
More mystery letters. I can't make sense of them, I almost thought they would when I saw a Game Freak sign.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    529 KB · Views: 143
Are we sure that the wolves are the legendaries?Wolves are commonly depicted as the hilt, or the symbol. Think about all the ancient family clans. Lions, wolves, and such were used for those all the time. Perhaps the legendary actually wields something with a wolf on it, or it somehow ties into a family (probably royalty)
Both Gen VI and Gen VII had some kind of reference to the Legendaries in their logos, so that's a pretty easy thing to assume.

Next year we will most likely get the Gen 4 Remakes because of the subtle hints we had whilst also hinting for a UK Region. This will also be followed by a Pokemon Let's Go remake of Gen 2. As for special versions for Sword and Shield? Well... Perhaps just like X and Y, we won't get any this time. It could be that Sword and Shield is the special versions (in some form) for X and Y.

I'm very glad Pokemon: Kingdom / Kanto Pandering is officially disproven.

I love how the game looks and the starters! I'm very optimistic for gen 8

I mean that particular "Kingdom" leak may be disproven, but I don't think that Kanto pandering can be officially disproven. GF has deeply ingrained it in Pokemon for many years now.

I mean, was it even evident at this point in the reveal of X/Y and S/M?

I hope it is gone, but Pokemon media in general is still definitely pushing gen I over the rest.

Next year we will most likely get the Gen 4 Remakes because of the subtle hints we had whilst also hinting for a UK Region. This will also be followed by a Pokemon Let's Go remake of Gen 2. As for special versions for Sword and Shield? Well... Perhaps just like X and Y, we won't get any this time. It could be that Sword and Shield is the special versions (in some form) for X and Y.
I think that the Gen 4 remakes will instead be in Gen 9.

Both Gen VI and Gen VII had some kind of reference to the Legendaries in their logos, so that's a pretty easy thing to assume.
Actually no it’s not, because of rockruffs line, and if you pay attention to what I said it does pertain to the legendaries, but the wolf is too literal. I think the shield and the sword are more likely your clues. There is also no legend with two wolves. The only legend you have is werewolves and once again rockruff took that. I find it unlikely they would use that again so soon. Sun and moon was literal reflections of those. It was not an image of a bat and a lion. Oh and don’t say Romulus and Remus, because that’s Rome not Britain.

Actually no it’s not, because of rockruffs line, and if you pay attention to what I said it does pertain to the legendaries, but the wolf is too literal. I think the shield and the sword are more likely your clues. There is also no legend with two wolves. The only legend you have is werewolves and once again rockruff took that. I find it unlikely they would use that again so soon. Sun and moon was literal reflections of those. It was not an image of a bat and a lion. Oh and don’t say Romulus and Remus, because that’s Rome not Britain.
XY mostly used Norse Mythology as an inspiration for its legendaries despite being based on France.

I think that the Gen 4 remakes will instead be in Gen 9.
Oh I dunno? Look at the what we've had thus far?

Gen 3 had Gen 1 Remake
Gen 4 had Gen 2 Remake
Gen 6 had Gen 3 Remake
Gen 7 had second Gen 1 Remake
Gen 8 will have Gen 4 Remake (Possibly second Gen 2 Remake)

It's all to do with the numbers. There might be a hint to Sinnoh in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom