• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I think they're talking about I Choose You, not Detective Pikachu-though I don't know what Sinnoh reference they're referring to there)

According to this idea, both the idea of a horse/snake and a dragon/pegasus are true because one leaker mistook them for the other? How do you miss the wings on a pegasus? And what are the wolves on the logos, then?

Also, last year this guy's theories (with the same occult basis) did not exactly turn out solid.

Oh wait, I just noticed that he used the image of a "rumor" about Scandinavia. That was done by @Knightwolf09.

Knightwolf09 said:
So, I came up with some fun ideas for a gen

Game names Pokemon Sword and Shield

Region based off Scandinavia

Starters are a Grass/Bug spider, A Fire rabbit, and a Water Iguana

Final evolutions are Grass/Bug, Fire/Electric, and pure Water

Box Legendaries are a Dragon and a Pegasus
One is of course Dragon and the other is Fairy

A new and rare type of pokemon will be in this region called Elementals

There’re elementals that represents one of each existing type

Three of these elementals will act as a second starter for you early in the game

You will receive the Flying, Rock, Or Fighting elemental

New battle mechanic will be Elemental Armors

At the cost of one elemental in your team slot, it will be equipped to a pokemon on your team, giving it a secondary typing of the corresponding element (Example: Lucario would have it’s Steel typing replaced with the Dark typing if equipped with the Dark elemental)

Each Elemental Armor will also boost a certain stat. (Example: Flying will boost Speed tremendously)

And it will also grant an ability over the pokemon’s orginal (Example: Overgrow would be replaced with Solid Rock, with the Rock elemental equipped.)

Box legendaries are the Dragon and Fairy elementals

Evil team will be Vikings that simply try to conquer the region as well as seizing the legendaries

Last edited:
Oh wait, I just noticed that he used the image of a "rumor" about Scandinavia. That was done by @Knightwolf09.

That is honestly insane. (Nice job remembering it!)

Maybe “Armor Evolution” will be a throwaway/one time thing like Battle Bond. We literally just get Armored Mewtwo and that’s it.

And the regional gimmick could do with “gyms” since it’s he same logo on the players uniform. Some people said rotation battles, but Idk if that’s significant enough.

Maybe they will take from B/W again (like Type Gems Being almost “beta Z-Moves”. Not confirmed just kind of similar.) but this time extending the Pledge Mechanic into a full on gimmick. Combo moves between Pokémon.

Also idk if it wasn’t mentioned here but supossedly the theme of Sword/Shield is “strongest Pokémon”.

As for the whole starter thing, patterns do suggest a number of things. Grookey could become a Grass/Dark rock band member with a guitar stick, Scorbunny could become a Fire/Fairy “Superhero” with its ears becoming a “cape” and the strip on its nose turning into a “mask”. Then Sobble could become Water/Poison or Water/Steel. More likely Steel considering the theme of Sword/Shield.

Plus this is literally their go at a console like the switch. I feel it's understandable, unlike DQ, Zelda, or Mario who have years experience on console games. So in time we might get to where those games are, but I say let them attempt to get as far as they feel they can.

What really has me confused is why did they call the games Sword and Shield?

Sun/Moon had the daytime adjusted depending on version, B/W had black and white morality into its plot.

Of course both of these titles were also inspired from their legendary Pokemon.

But I feel like wolves do not naturally have a sword or shield design wise, and we already have Aegislash.

Maybe Sword and Shield will have more meaning than just for the legendaries. This is what makes me believe the mecha/armor stuff. The sword legendary wolf could have sword armor and the other one a shield armor.

If that is false, I still think the titles are very odd. There must be an answer hidden somewhere in there.

EDIT: aside from X/Y, no other title branches away from colors (even sun and moon are colored according to the actual sun and moon colors)

What really has me confused is why did they call the games Sword and Shield?

Sun/Moon had the daytime adjusted depending on version, B/W had black and white morality into its plot.

Of course both of these titles were also inspired from their legendary Pokemon.

But I feel like wolves do not naturally have a sword or shield design wise, and we already have Aegislash.

Maybe Sword and Shield will have more meaning than just for the legendaries. This is what makes me believe the mecha/armor stuff. The sword legendary wolf could have sword armor and the other one a shield armor.

If that is false, I still think the titles are very odd. There must be an answer hidden somewhere in there.

EDIT: aside from X/Y, no other title branches away from colors (even sun and moon are colored according to the actual sun and moon colors)
Well Masuda and Ohmaori stated the theme is "The Strongest Pokemon". So the game might be about two warring legendaries, determining who is stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom