• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to call that one a fake, the ground is too monotone compared to the ground of many battle areas in Gen 7, something that Game Freak would rather do is make the ground in the battle areas more dynamic in texture rather than 3 shades of one color repeating.

Guys, besides the horrible UI, the unprofessional model, the bad animation (should that be rock slide?), bad shading, the absence of a trainer etc., the HP bar UI is exactly the same one as this fake:

There is no doubt about, it's totally fake...

Last edited:
Guys, besides the horrible UI, the unprofessional model, the bad animation (should that be rock slide?), bad shading, the ausence of a trainer etc., the HP bar UI is exactly the same one as this fake:

There is no doubt about, it's totally fake...

Which that bar came from LGPE right? I don't think they would reuse it for SwSh.

Believe me, Digimon is way more complicated. Specially since the games have 0 consistency between them. What you learn in one game will be completely useless the next one.

Digimon has gotten better in recent years as they've only been focusing on the Story/Linkz (RPG) and World (V-pet) games and clearly differentiated them in brand. The only game to break that trend is the upcoming Survive game and they've been very honest that it's a different gaming experience.

Okay, gameplay-wise it would probably be fair- I'm just thinking in terms of like... in-character you totally called out another one of your pokemon to help beat up their one pokemon and that makes you a jerk. XD

Good point haha

I have to call that one a fake, the ground is too monotone compared to the ground of many battle areas in Gen 7, something that Game Freak would rather do is make the ground in the battle areas more dynamic in texture rather than 3 shades of one color repeating.

Nevermind the ground, the surroundings (i.e. buildings) were bland af. Also that "Pokemon" looks more like a digimon imo.

Anyone mention this yet?
Doesn't look like much but I don't know.
The rumor sounds pretty believable, though no new megas or regional variants is disappointing and the new design quota would be lacking if they don't introduce anything else. The other thing I would pick out is the supposed "post-game region"- I find that bit quite doubtful.

Not impressed with the article-writer's analysis referring to other rumors as if they were facts. XP But that's just dumb on his part.

The rumor sounds pretty believable, though no new megas or regional variants is disappointing and the new design quota would be lacking if they don't introduce anything else. The other thing I would pick out is the supposed "post-game region"- I find that bit quite doubtful.

Not impressed with the article-writer's analysis referring to other rumors as if they were facts. XP But that's just dumb on his part.
I wonder if by region, he meant an explorable area

I have no inside information about SwSh, and I can already guarantee you that there will be no second region...

Something like the Sinnoh Battle Zone at best, and even that's a stretch.
Yeah. I too don't think that this game will feature a second region, whether it be Kalos or some other region. I highly doubt that it is happening.

Fellas, how you predict the games will play out?
Curious to hear your thoughts.

What makes people think that there are two professors? Why not one? Why not male like most Professors are in past Gens? Yes I would like another female Professor like Juniper, but to me the two Professor thing does sound ridiculous. The extra house could be non-related as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom