• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should do a game where you get to pick from all the starters ever. Maybe three total or something.

I don't know what you're referring to, but there's a pretty noticeable difference between references an old series and basing a significant portion of the plot around an obscure hint.
What is the point of making sense when all this is going to be pre-Gen 8 gossip again. I do not wish for another pointless argument or something that would lead us nowhere again, okay? Please let us end here.

He's not "biting and devouring", he's literally just asking for proof.
I wasn't just talking about him, if you know what I mean.
Sorry, I'm just tired, and I am not used to blogs for how easy it is to misunderstand the tones of the messages. A person might write something in a calm mood but would end up mistaking it for bad temperedness.

I wasn't just talking about him, if you know what I mean.
You literally quoted his message. If you want to say something to someone else, you should be direct. (But you should also remember that mods have asked that users report messages that they think are breaking rules, not tell them off themselves.)

It isn't a big deal when they started it (the games' presentation/content is what it is regardless), but I've seen the 2014 claim more than once without a source and I suspect that it's fans parroting each other. I wouldn't use other Nintendo games as evidence when they were not only released earlier, but probably developed for a longer period. In Zelda's case, they only ported BotW in its final year.

I just doubt that Ohmori directed two major games simultaneously. At best Masuda was fiddling with ideas in 2015.

New gen...the same DLC talk.

Some people are worried.

Some people don't care.

Most forget they admitted they'll never do paid DLC because their main demographic is children and that would be opening up a can of worms. Especially with children stealing their parents credit cards.

TBH, there hasn't been third versions since Platnum. They've all been sequels. Not to mention they've stopped using the same main characters and changed them up just enough to keep the games interesting. So it shouldn't even be a point of contention anymore.

We need something else to talk about.

Free verse is a type of poetry that lacks a rhyme scheme:
free verse
/ˌfrē ˈvərs/
noun

1. poetry that does not rhyme or have a regular meter.
    "a poem written in free verse"
What's the point in this "rhyme" thing anyway, about anything can be free verse this isn't anything to base facts or speculations on.

New gen...the same DLC talk.

Some people are worried.

Some people don't care.

Most forget they admitted they'll never do paid DLC because their main demographic is children and that would be opening up a can of worms. Especially with children stealing their parents credit cards.

TBH, there hasn't been third versions since Platnum. They've all been sequels. Not to mention they've stopped using the same main characters and changed them up just enough to keep the games interesting. So it shouldn't even be a point of contention anymore.

We need something else to talk about.
USUM was a paired third version, not a sequel. I know that because I bought them thinking they would be different enough from SM and because I feared skipping games again after I skipped ORAS, and I liked those after playing them.

USUM was a paired third version, not a sequel. I know that because I bought them thinking they would be different enough from SM and because I feared skipping games again after I skipped ORAS, and I liked those after playing them.
Same. And I definitely have put more time into Ultra Sun than I did Sun. I bought Moon and Ultra Moon but never played them. They remain in their packs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzMlqXXA_FA

Here are some merchandising leaks in this video

What's so special about RuffledRowlit that people make posts with just a video link?

Mewtwo's armour was used to help Mewtwo focus his powers properly, I wonder if Armoured Evolution (if true) would do the same and would be as strong as Mega Evolution when in the Kalos War. Sure in the Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution movie the armour would be something else, but it's fun to speculate.
Mewtwo's armour was to limit its power and not to focus it.

Now we know in anime that meltan's head can be anything... why not?
In case you didn’t notice, Meltan hated each and every replacement head Rowlet came up with.

We're talking about maybe millennia, things could be different that time.
1 - Imagining an old time, meltan could be a little different that time.
3000 years ago meltan could have 50 eyes, why not?

Because Melmetal is confirmed to exist as it is 3000 years ago.
And Oak's ancient image like it was mentioned before. Meltan is an ancient Pokémon as confirmed in the YouTube series.
Revered long ago for its capacity to create iron from nothing, for some reason it has come back to life after 3,000 years.

I mean, what was the point of making LGPE?
then there you go
To celebrate 20 years of yellow, as well as appeal to casual fans with household name Pokémon no other region has so many of.
Anything beyond Johto doesn’t have such a unique situation.

Didn't you read what I just said with the first post? I said ''Free-Verse''
Unless it's Free Verse.
Literally anything can be free verse to my knowledge. Mine and your posts can be free verse too.

We must always remember that they intend to have 1080p 60fps in handheld mode. How to do a "botw version" that way?

Nintendo Switch can only reach 720p in handheld mode. It only goes up to 1080p when it is docked. They can't intend something that is physically impossible.

If you like what they have done, good for you, but maybe you don't give too much importance to the graphics in a game because, trust me, that's far from being the best they can do.
About the engine, yes, my eyes told me so, you don't really need anything else. The similarities with s/m are evident that's the 3ds engine or a slightly enhanced 3ds engine. If you look at s/m on citra you will notice that the difference is almost all in the details added thanks to the power of the switch and not in the actual quality of the grapghic, which is basically the same.

View attachment 116904

There's clearly a slight improvement but we are talking about a 240p console vs a 1080p console. That was obvious, wasn't it? The jump however is not that big to think there's a different engine.

A real gamer never gives "too much" importance to graphics. The graphics are more than satisfactory for a Switch title, and it will likely not have any performance issues at all, which is what I care about the most.

"My eyes told me so." Yeah... That's not a confirmation. That's right, the difference is all in the details, which is exactly where you want it to be. Graphics mean very little if the region isn't even detailed properly. The graphics are more than satisfactory, especially taking into account that the graphics need to have handheld mode taken into account. It is only a 1080p console while docked, and while handheld, it's just 720p. They're not going to completely utilise the graphics to be amazingly good in 1080p if it means running it in 720p starts bringing in any kind of performance issues. The engine is what they use to build the entire game, not just make it look pretty with graphics, so whether you think the graphics are good enough or not in no way confirms what kind of engine they used to built the game. Not that it matters, all of the Pokemon models and such have already been HD compatible, even before the consoles the games were on were able to use it, so if they are using the same engine (still not confirmed) then it more likely means they were using an engine suitable for Switch and was basically overkill for the 3DS. I see no issue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom