• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry they'll spoil most of the game before the holidays.

Man today was hype and eventful for news on so many great upcoming games I wish we get some Sword & Shield news soon as well hopefully something in May before E3 but we'll see!

We getting legendaries next month for sure

So some more theorizing and after some thought I think we gained another hint towards Scorbunny. After a fandrawing pointed out that the pads on Scorbunny's feet at friction pads. I thought about it and realized how much sense it actually made. And the biggest giveaway was actually in the trailer with the metal wheel. Not because it was running on the wheel mind you, but because of what was happening while on the wheel. As you can tell while it ran on it, fire and sparks was coming from it's feet. At first I thought it could just produce fire from it's feet, but I looked at it wrong. It wasn't producing fire, it was producing heat, because something on his feet was causing friction on the metal wheel and it heated his feet to the point he causes sparks and fire. And the only type of material that can cause that type of heat and friction on metal, is metal. Implying that the patches on Scorbunny's feet are metal sheets. Hinting that Scorbunny will become a Fire/Steel type. As for what this hints at interms of looks, well football player might still be the most likely. As Scorbunny uses those sheets to cause friction making it gain high speed, those sheets might end up becoming cleats making him gain even more traction. And as he evolves he doesn't have to rely on running to create heat, but can heat up his feet all on it's own, making him able to create super heated kicks, or even coat his feet with fire.

Yet another theory reported from Ruffledrowlit, pointing out the possible connections between Unova and Galar, and the PWT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-oX6aazu-s

Personally I think the statue to the left is holding a javelin, how can this possibly be connected to the Gen 8 Games unless the rough ideas for it were planned out around the same time as X and Y.

Yet another theory reported from Ruffledrowlit, pointing out the possible connections between Unova and Galar, and the PWT.

Personally I think the statue to the left is holding a javelin, how can this possibly be connected to the Gen 8 Games unless the rough ideas for it were planned out around the same time as X and Y.

Yeah, it's basically grasping at straws xD

Last edited:

I think that it is just coincidence.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kllnglTF7OU

First rumor I can say without a doubt is fake. First off, janitors aren't going to know what goes into game development even in the vicinity of the discussion between developers, or at least the major details. Secondly, I highly doubt that a Fire starter is going to have the Ice-typing, that would weaken them on the defensive side, plus Ice doesn't fit Scorbunny and finally, how does this person know about Armor Evolution being different from what people are speculating about? To top it all off, this person indirectly claimed to be working at the studious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom