• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At best, they'll just show off the early protein of the game like last time

Latest rumor stated that May 11th will probably be when the next Sword and Shield Trailer will be dropped.

Tweet from masuda

"Today on April 26th, the game Freak was able to celebrate its 30th anniversary. I really appreciate the fact that I have come so far thanks to everyone who loves the game. In the future, game freaks will continue to make things that enrich people with a commitment to not forget the spirit of challenge. Thank you from here! "

Is he implying that he will up the difficulty of the games? I'm in. Just don't pull another Ultra Necrozma and I will be happy.

I remember how easily total party wipeouts used to happen. Though not with much fondness.

Now you can pretty much steamroll through the games without a large amount of effort.

I prefer it the way it is now honestly. I don't have as much free time as I used to when I was a kid.

I remember how easily total party wipeouts used to happen. Though not with much fondness.

Now you can pretty much steamroll through the games without a large amount of effort.

I prefer it the way it is now honestly. I don't have as much free time as I used to when I was a kid.
Really? The opposite happened to me: the older games where completely easy and then Sun/Moon started to actually challenge me.

Really? The opposite happened to me: the older games where completely easy and then Sun/Moon started to actually challenge me.

Huh. Not my experience. I suppose I'm playing better now? I dunno. Sun and Moon was easy for me, about the same as X and Y.

Gen 1 and 2 were the hardest for me, and the difficulty gradually decreased until it reached what it is today for me.

Huh. Not my experience. I suppose I'm playing better now? I dunno. Sun and Moon was easy for me, about the same as X and Y.

Gen 1 and 2 were the hardest for me, and the difficulty gradually decreased until it reached what it is today for me.

None of the games are really challenging. Gen 5 with the challenge mode is the only time there was a actual AI increase. Otherwise its remaining somewhat the same.

I don't think anyone cares if news is close to the launch of the movie; they don't oversaturate, but only complement each other. They're fully different products with fully different marketing teams, I guess.

Anyway, we'll probably see nothing during either Golden Week or weekends.

If gyms have something special about them they won't reveal it that early on (they usually wait for august)
our reveal is going to be starters actual game models, characters, show off new places, legendaries and maybe new small thing.
i won't rule out new mons reveal on the end of may tho. since we likely getting the trailer before CoroCoro.

They mistakenly tweeted the Gym Masters thing so I think they'll announce it fairly early.

I dunno if I would put much stock in Masuda's tweet and would probably just take it at face value, if anything. A mix of PR and feel goods-y stuff, so to speak.

That said, Pokemon and difficulty were never really compatible with one another. Because of the way that Pokemon especially handles elemental weaknesses as well as EVs/Natures and other things, it's actually not difficult to construct any sort of "overpowered" team and just brute force through most of the game. No matter how "smart" you make the AI, there's not much it can do if it's like 5-10 levels below your team.

Just wanted to throw this out there from the Pokemon Facebook page:

Not sure if the movie will actually have anything Gen 8 related, but we might get some more rumors claiming to have been at this.

I dunno if I would put much stock in Masuda's tweet and would probably just take it at face value, if anything. A mix of PR and feel goods-y stuff, so to speak.

That said, Pokemon and difficulty were never really compatible with one another. Because of the way that Pokemon especially handles elemental weaknesses as well as EVs/Natures and other things, it's actually not difficult to construct any sort of "overpowered" team and just brute force through most of the game. No matter how "smart" you make the AI, there's not much it can do if it's like 5-10 levels below your team.
I think "challenge" in Pokémon should only be expected for the postgame battle facilities. They should be challenging, and they are.

I am fine with the main game journey being an enjoyable stress-free one. I would prefer something more challenging, but I don't desperately need it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom