• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official "Pokémon the Series: XY" Dub Title Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they forgot that they named an episode similarly earlier while taking a part of the direct translation for XY034. It's kinda ironic how one of the few things the dub tries to keep true to the original ended up looking too "un-original" :p

So you're saying that highly-paid dubbers, forgot they used the same title for an episode, even though the episodes aren't that far apart? Even more proof that TPCi are lazy at doing their jobs, it's sad to see how much they get paid for messing up. I'd take a dub that strays from the original one with good voicing, scripts, etc, over one that stays original, with everything else bad.

But...that's the show's slogan. Why would they *not* use it?

It's not the show's slogan, it's the franchise slogan. Which became unused after R/S. They only brought it back for Generation 1 pandering, for both the anime and games.

After what I've been hearing here and other forums, I'm left to consider if these titles are even real. Until we get actual confirmation on these titles, Im going to leave the thread un-edited.

It sounded like they're keeping Dedenne's voice!! I was worried they would change it but thankfully not!

And it looks like a mix between that and the logo at the end of the first opening, that's weird.

It sounded like they're keeping Dedenne's voice!! I was worried they would change it but thankfully not!
Both 4kids and TPCI have kept the voices of round-cheek electric rodent Pokémon, this shouldn't be surprising.

Anyway, this is very old news.

I'm starting to miss the episode titles based off of puns/phrases/iconic words. :(

So am I, especially the older 4Kids dubbed episode titles. It really felt like they cared about the dub, now I can't even just listen to how terrible it is.

Any reason for that or just stating that?

Yup, me too :/

They're not even trying anymore.

Trust me, TPCi never tried in the first place with their dub. It's not surprising to me since they have been disappointing me with every episode (dub wise).

While I understand the demand for a discussion on how much dub titles have changed, please do not use this thread for that discussion. This thread is only for announcing and discussing new XY dub titles.

The full schedule is up on Zap.

XY037: The Cave of Mirrors! (Sept. 27)
XY038: Forging Forest Friendships! (Oct. 4)

Last edited:
"The Cave of Mirrors" is such an awful name for a great episode. How about something like "Reflected Personalities", getting in the other half of that cave's name and at least hinting towards the content of the episode. If "The Cave of Mirrors" is supposed to be referring to the Mirror characters as well as the actual mirrors in the cave - it misses the point - the Mirror World isn't in the cave, they just connect via the cave.

None of those other ones are particularly good, but that one stands out as annoyingly dull.

We're just a few episodes behind Japan, less than 10 eps, it's crazy... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom