• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Oh my god.

We have no “hints” for the UK anymore than we do for any other country. Everything that is touted as a “hint” here is either a coincidence or massive reaching.

This is just plain embarrassing.

Honey
, this Duncan dude is one of 100s of people who are currently spouting about a UK region. He didn’t even say anything beyond that- just “hey guys the next region is based on the uk i know nothing more k bye”. If the next region does turn out to be based on the UK he deserves no more credit than any other random 4chan leaker that said the same thing.

And let’s be honest here, you’re only believing these “””””hints””””” and youtubers because they’re saying what you want to hear (ie uk region). Confirmation bias at its finest.

Rather than insulting me, why don't you answer my genuine question.

If the 8th region is revealed to be the UK, will you continue to just write off all the hints and high profile characters such as Duncan and Toby as a lucky guess out of 190+ countries they all managed to pick the right one or would you concede that actually they or someone else along the line did have insider info?

If the 8th region is revealed to be the UK, will you continue to just write off all the hints and high profile characters such as Duncan and Toby as a lucky guess out of 190+ countries they all managed to pick the right one or would you concede that actually they or someone else along the line did have insider info?
Yes I will continue to write them off, because their "lucky guess" is copying what other people have said. They'll be exactly the same as before - not at all credible.

They don't get extra points for coming in late to the party.

I don't... think we even have any hints right now?

Well, aside from maybe that calendar in LGPE, but we've all got our fingers crossed that that isn't a sign of Bahamas region incoming, so if it is a hint, no one really wants it to be. XD

As far as Japan is concerned, I don't think that a single Pokemon appeared in a movie out of the blue. Donphan, for instance, was revealed in March 1997 well before Movie 1 was even announced. I'm pretty sure that CoroCoro covered Marill and Snubbull in 1998, too.
Oh damn, you've got a point, I forgot to check on that.

I did not insult you once. You were the one who straight up said I don’t know what hint means.
I gave you an answer and I’m not going to repeat it.

I won’t continue this discussion because it’s derailing the thread. So i kindly ask you to please stop.

With all due respect, I don't think you do. You seem to believe that unless something is written as 100% confirmed it is somehow meaningless or irrelevant.
Instead of looking at the bigger picture and seeing the general direction in which the hints are pointing, you choose to demand a burden of proof that wouldn't be amiss in a court of law, and then summarily dismiss each one irregardless of their quality and validity, and then to proudly declare there is nothing of note.

To be honest... I kinda disagree here. It's better to say that a random statement (e.g. Open-world upcoming) 'is not true until proven' rather than say 'it's 100% confirmed' and then risk negative feelings (ie. disappointment for the game) if it ends up being false. That is normal and how people live with everyday things too.

You know the saying 'don't believe everything you hear' right? There's a reason it exists (and I'm not saying you don't know).

In terms of 'court of law', I don't know anything about law tbh but wouldn't a Jury refuse to believe a random statement without proof?

Anyway, this is just my friendly opinion. I know you've had an argument on this thread before, but just to let you know, it won't happen with me. Let's be chill. =)

Last edited:
I did not insult you once. You were the one who straight up said I don’t know what hint means.

You referred to me as plain embarrassing and called me honey in a demeaning and belittling way.
The way you refer to hints would imply that you don't know the meaning. You seem to want actual concrete proof. That's not what a hint is.
It's not just Duncan and Toby, it's the crown and sceptre appearing in several pieces of artwork from the team. It's London itself being featured in the anime and being described as being in a far away region.
I gave you an answer and I’m not going to repeat it.
Scruffjay answered the question you did not, so unless that's you under a different name, no you have not answered.

To be honest... I kinda disagree here. It's better to say that a random statement (e.g. Open-world upcoming) 'is not true until proven' rather than say 'it's 100% confirmed' and then risk negative feelings (ie. disappointment for the game) if it ends up being false. That is normal and how people live.

You know the saying 'don't believe everything you hear' right? There's a reason it exists.

In terms of 'court of law', I don't know anything about law tbh but wouldn't a Jury refuse to believe a random statement without proof?

Anyway, this is just my friendly opinion. I know you've had an argument on this thread before, but just to let you know, it won't happen with me =)

The point is this is not a court of law, this is a speculation thread. Some users and I'm not directing this even at Icy Wind, seem content to just litter the thread with
"No, nope, non, negative" to every single hint that comes out, without actually contributing.

I suggest the best way for you to avoid getting into an argument would be to cut out the passive aggressive comments.

You referred to me as plain embarrassing and called me honey in a demeaning and belittling way.
The way you refer to hints would imply that you don't know the meaning. You seem to want actual concrete proof. That's not what a hint is.
It's not just Duncan and Toby, it's the crown and sceptre appearing in several pieces of artwork from the team. It's London itself being featured in the anime and being described as being in a far away region.

Scruffjay answered the question you did not, so unless that's you under a different name, no you have not answered.
James Turner already confirmed that his New Year artwork did not contain any hints.

Here’s your answer:
Honey, this Duncan dude is one of 100s of people who are currently spouting about a UK region. He didn’t even say anything beyond that- just “hey guys the next region is based on the uk i know nothing more k bye”. If the next region does turn out to be based on the UK he deserves no more credit than any other random 4chan leaker that said the same thing.

Please stop with this nonsense. I don’t want to argue pointlessly while derailing the thread. Let it go.

The point is this is not a court of law, this is a speculation thread. Some users and I'm not directing this even at Icy Wind, seem content to just litter the thread with
"No, nope, non, negative" to every single hint that comes out, without actually contributing.

I suggest the best way for you to avoid getting into an argument would be to cut out the passive aggressive comments.
--
No passive aggressive comments. :) And I'm just quoting your choice of words:
Instead of looking at the bigger picture and seeing the general direction in which the hints are pointing, you choose to demand a burden of proof that wouldn't be amiss in a court of law, and then summarily dismiss each one irregardless of their quality and validity, and then to proudly declare there is nothing of note.
--
I understand your opinion, but I feel like you are being too direct for a Pokemon speculation thread.

There are users on this thread i.e. Icy Wind who have had their accounts longer than both of us (over 3 years), and I'm guessing they've witnessed so many rumours in past gen speculation threads they've gotten used to understanding what's more likely to be a fake 'hint' or not.

I think you're right that some things may be true, and it's interesting to talk about, but it's only normal to not believe it if there is no proof =)

Here’s your answer:

Please stop with this nonsense. I don’t want to argue pointlessly while derailing the thread. Let it go.

And here's the part you missed
"out of 190+ countries they all managed to pick the right one or would you concede that actually they or someone else along the line did have insider info? "

I get that you think the UK rumour is a bandwagon etc and you don't believe the 2 youtubers have insider info, but the point is due to so many individuals and leaks saying the UK, would you conceded somewhere amongst all of them, did know it. Or would you assume that every single supposed leak was all just a lucky guess?

Take the UK out of it for a moment, say there was a big groundswell randomly saying the next region will be... Argentina, and then in 6 weeks time GF revealed the new region as Argentina, now we both agree that whoever posted the 999th comment etc saying its Argentina was probably just jumping on a bandwagon, but would you concede that actually someone somewhere did know it and did reveal it hence why that rumour appeared and grew.

--
No passive aggressive comments. :) And I'm just quoting your choice of words:

--
I understand your opinion, but I feel like you are being too direct for a Pokemon speculation thread.

There are users on this thread i.e. Icy Wind who have had their accounts longer than both of us (over 3 years), and I'm guessing they've witnessed so many rumours in past gen speculation threads they've gotten used to understanding what's more likely to be a fake 'hint' or not.

I think you're right that some things may be true, and it's interesting to talk about, but it's only normal to not believe it if there is no proof =)

You missed the point I'm saying the speculation thread "shouldn't" be treated like a court of law. There are a handful of users and believe me 100% Icy Wind isn't the worst when it comes to this, I am not directing this at them, who simply dismiss every single tidbit and don't actually partake in any hints or rumours.

It's perfectly fine, understandable and reasonable to say you're not going to speculate you're just going to wait for confirmation, but this isn't really the thread for that.
A speculation thread should be a safe space where people can actually speculate and discuss and explore all the possibilities, sharing thoughts and ideas, that's what the community is about.

Here are the next gen Pokemon leaks and hints shown in anime and movie thus far. From Gen 1 to Gen 4, the anime and movies have early hinted the next Gen Pokemon, with Gen 3 having the most with Gen 4. Now since Gen 4 it had always been at the last film or latter in the anime. Not going to mention London, but wanting to ask, has there been any other episode in the anime series in the past where a location is shown and is stated of being a 'far away region?'

Gen 1 Anime: Gen 2 Togepi, Maril

Gen 1 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 1: Gen 2 Donphan, Snobbull, Maril
Pokemon 2: Gen 2 Lugia

Gen 2 Anime: Gen 3 Kecleon, Blaziken

Gen 2 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 5: Gen 3 Latias and Latios

Gen 3 Anime: Gen 4 Munchlax, Bonsly

Gen 3 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 7: Gen 4 Munchlax
Pokemon 8: Gen 4 Lucario, Weavile
Pokemon 9: Gen 4 Manophy, Chatot

Gen 4 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 13: Gen 5 Zorua, Zoroark

Gen 5 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 16: Gen 6 Mega Mewtwo Y

Gen 6 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 19: Gen 7 Megearna

Here are the next gen Pokemon leaks and hints shown in anime and movie thus far. From Gen 1 to Gen 4, the anime and movies have early hinted the next Gen Pokemon, with Gen 3 having the most with Gen 4. Now since Gen 4 it had always been at the last film or latter in the anime. Not going to mention London, but wanting to ask, has there been any other episode in the anime series in the past where a location is shown and is stated of being a 'far away region?'

Gen 1 Anime: Gen 2 Togepi, Maril

Gen 1 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 1: Gen 2 Donphan, Snobbull, Maril
Pokemon 2: Gen 2 Lugia

Gen 2 Anime: Gen 3 Kecleon, Blaziken

Gen 2 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 5: Gen 3 Latias and Latios

Gen 3 Anime: Gen 4 Munchlax, Bonsly

Gen 3 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 7: Gen 4 Munchlax
Pokemon 8: Gen 4 Lucario, Weavile
Pokemon 9: Gen 4 Manophy, Chatot

Gen 4 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 13: Gen 5 Zorua, Zoroark

Gen 5 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 16: Gen 6 Mega Mewtwo Y

Gen 6 Pokemon Movies
Pokemon 19: Gen 7 Megearna
Already had that list posted- User:Caciulacdlac/Pokémon that appeared before their generation - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

And no idea, the anime doesn't often show a random non-local place mid-region.

And here's the part you missed
"out of 190+ countries they all managed to pick the right one or would you concede that actually they or someone else along the line did have insider info? "

I get that you think the UK rumour is a bandwagon etc and you don't believe the 2 youtubers have insider info, but the point is due to so many individuals and leaks saying the UK, would you conceded somewhere amongst all of them, did know it. Or would you assume that every single supposed leak was all just a lucky guess?

Take the UK out of it for a moment, say there was a big groundswell randomly saying the next region will be... Argentina, and then in 6 weeks time GF revealed the new region as Argentina, now we both agree that whoever posted the 999th comment etc saying its Argentina was probably just jumping on a bandwagon, but would you concede that actually someone somewhere did know it and did reveal it hence why that rumour appeared and grew.
Why do you freaking care if I will “admit” that someone actually has insider info? Are you this invested in a UK region that you want everyone that doubted it to “admit” their mistake or some shit like we’re in a freaking courtroom?

This is just ridiculous. Just drop it.

Last edited:
But on the other hand, at lot of people were saying we were getting a SEA region last year. What did we get? LGPE. So, no. A lot of people saying the same thing does not make that thing likelier.

Most people I saw, were saying it would be a return to Kanto, and that's what we got. A few were off and suggested it was a Kanto revisit to a future Kanto, but the actual theory of going back to Kanto was prominent and had to have come to somewhere. I don't believe someone made it up, everyone piled on, and then by pure luck it turned out to be true.

I remember when the screenshot riding Lapras was leaked it was dismissed as obviously fake. When the Eevee logo got leaked a day or 2 after the Pikachu logo that was obviously a fake. One user on here who I won't name as I don't wish to get drawn into another debate, still to this day, can't see that writing Lets Go in all caps on the USUM box above the picture of Team Rocket was a hint towards Pokemon Let's Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom