• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if zeraora merchandise is going to be revealed at the end of april then, does that mean we definitely wont get any gen 8 reveal/news for at least another month?
Unless they reveal Zeraora early April, give a snippet of Switch soon after, then release the plushies.

So, if zeraora merchandise is going to be revealed at the end of april then, does that mean we definitely wont get any gen 8 reveal/news for at least another month?

My current theory is that if it's not April, then it will probably be E3, but if it's not E3, we will see a stream of Credible leaks in the month of May.

That's the point.It seems now he might be surprised that it's actually not just Zeraora.Otherwise he wouldn't make a big deal and be cryptic.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/979727628398624769?s=19

Exactly how I feel. Reading between the lines here, it deff seems like he saw something more than Zeraora. He’s usually someone who tries to keep peoples expectations/hype in check but then tweets something like this. Maybe the movie thing related to eevee is bigger than he first thought?

I'm not sure if a Zeraora reveal in the middle of the month will help us. Then again, this entire situation relies on things happening faster than they have before.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it features a new leaker and provides an interesting perspective on this "2 weeks" time frame we have now.

Watch from 7:35

Ever since that Italian translator posted "Best Wishes" as his send off, I haven't been able to get the thought of a Gen V remake before Gen IV. I know it had direct sequels, but it still feels incomplete, especially with Ghetsis's portrayal in Rainbow Rocket. This is amazing, even if it ends up being false. I want Unova in every leak. If Unova isn't there, everyone should ask, "Where's Unova?"

Ever since that Italian translator posted "Best Wishes" as his send off, I haven't been able to get the thought of a Gen V remake before Gen IV. I know it had direct sequels, but it still feels incomplete, especially with Ghetsis's portrayal in Rainbow Rocket. This is amazing, even if it ends up being false. I want Unova in every leak. If Unova isn't there, everyone should ask, "Where's Unova?"
I would honestly LOVE bw3 over a dp remake. Id rather have a z version instead of a dp remake also. I doubt that they will go out of order though. Also, can we get a platinum remake instead of diamond and pearl please gamefreak?

I'm not sure if a Zeraora reveal in the middle of the month will help us. Then again, this entire situation relies on things happening faster than they have before.

I think what makes Zeraora and the timing weird might come down to Nintendo. Someone I watch on youtube pointed out that it was telling they revealed the remake of Bowser's Inside Story for 3DS in March when it's not coming out until 2019. Nintendo really wants to show that it's still supporting the 3DS. A new Pokemon mid-generation would help with that, as well as keep people focusing on that while waiting. There have been so many, "Not until Zeraora," in these speculation threads (for good reason) that I can't help wondering if that was part of some plan. Zeraora was definitely there in case of a delay, but I think this helps Nintendo and the 3DS as much as Game Freak.

Nooooo...... I was so excited that people seemed to be remembering DPPt fondly now... they were the first Pokemon games I ever played (mostly because the DS was the first video game console my parents let me buy) and I have a lot of nostalgia for them, and as much as I love Gen V, I would be absolutely heartbroken if they just skipped DPPt. I would love to get to play Diamond again with the new improvements that have been added in later generations (no more HMs, reusable TMs, better menu navigation, etc.) It also has my favorite music of any generation, with a lot of songs I'd love to get to hear remixes of.

(I mean this in a lighthearted way, I totally get it if DPPt isn't your deal and I know and understand that everyone has different taste, I just have to rep for DPPt while we're on the subject of it. I really don't have confidence that we'll get those remakes (I certainly don't think they're going to be the first Switch title) but I gotta make sure I'm on the record as Pro Sinnoh Remakes, Eventually)

I would honestly LOVE bw3 over a dp remake. Id rather have a z version instead of a dp remake also. I doubt that they will go out of order though. Also, can we get a platinum remake instead of diamond and pearl please gamefreak?

Yes to all of this. I really like the idea of duel Gen IV games focusing on Arceus and Giratina. There's a lot there to be explored.

Nooooo...... I was so excited that people seemed to be remembering DPPt fondly now... they were the first Pokemon games I ever played (mostly because the DS was the first video game console my parents let me buy) and I have a lot of nostalgia for them, and as much as I love Gen V, I would be absolutely heartbroken if they just skipped DPPt. I would love to get to play Diamond again with the new improvements that have been added in later generations (no more HMs, reusable TMs, better menu navigation, etc.) It also has my favorite music of any generation, with a lot of songs I'd love to get to hear remixes of.

(I mean this in a lighthearted way, I totally get it if DPPt isn't your deal and I know and understand that everyone has different taste, I just have to rep for DPPt while we're on the subject of it. I really don't have confidence that we'll get those remakes (I certainly don't think they're going to be the first Switch title) but I gotta make sure I'm on the record as Pro Sinnoh Remakes, Eventually)

Haha, don't worry. Somebody has to stick up for for them, right? :p But really, Gen IV and Gen VI came out at the wrong time in my life. I always play Pokemon, but neither of them clicked for different reasons. I never played Platinum, so I picked up a copy off of eBay for my timeline playthrough. I'm excited to go back to Sinnoh and get the full experience and I imagine I'll have a very different experience this time. (Even though I'm not fond of most of the Pokemon, the way so many feel about Gen V. The lake trio are so excessive in a region full of legendaries, especially coming off of Jirachi stylistically. I get all the designs conceptually, but... Well, I love the final evos for the starters. All of them. So that's something different and good! I feel bad ragging on it.)

Yes to all of this. I really like the idea of duel Gen IV games focusing on Arceus and Giratina. There's a lot there to be explored.
I could get behind this 100%. A psuedo remake sequel focusing on giratina and arceus as the cover legends of black pearl and white diamond respectively

Last edited:
I really hope what Paul Ryan is hinting at is not Zeraora and something else. Why hype something just for it to be something we already know exists and is due to be revealed any day now? Also whatever is revealed in 27 days will probably be revealed sooner than that. I remember the same thing happened with Dusk Lycanroc where we were waiting for it to be leaked but then the Pokemon company decided to reveal it ahead from leaks so I assume the same will go for this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom