• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ok, you get sun, i get moon. Then we can trade."

They're not expecting you to buy both versions or anything. It's all for the social aspect of the franchise.
I'd agree if you could only trade face to face, but you don't. What's social about trading pokemon with some random guy across the world without saying a word to them?

What if they sell one copy, but upon creation of a game file, you are asked question by the proffesor, around the same time as they ask if boy or girl, and based on your answers, different exclusive pokemon and events happen in your game. This way its 1 version to print and sell, but still promotes trading.
Dual versions still make GF more money than if they released a single game.

fake-tweet20180405-12-38yhn.png

Are you seriously implying that kids aren't the main target audience of the franchise?
No, I'm saying kids don't buy games, adults do.

I reckon like 80% of all daul sells are people buying both versions for some kid that hasn't caught on that they're the same game. And you gotta wonder how many kids with their seemingly horrible attention span, if you listen to GF, actually play and beat both games. It's an amazing marketing trick - buy both games, maybe finish 1, then buy the next two.

[note - I pulled that number out my arse]

So we have:

Plus & Minus
1 & 0
You & Me
InfraRed & UltraViolet
Space & Void
Past & Future
SpeedSound & SpeedLight
GigaUltraSun & GigaUltraMoon

Anyway, I was thinking...We know that two new games are on the way cause they were announced 10 months ago. Now, imagine if we didn't know anything about Zeraora. Wouldn't you have assumed that the new announcement was for the first 8th gen pokemon? Somehow, I'm happy I know about it cause it would have been a huge disappointment to discover it's still gen 7.
I think this the first time that a brand new pokemon is announced after the announcement of two new games but belonging to the past generation cause even if gen 4 was announced in late 2004, all the pokemon announced after that till 2006 were gen 4...

Okay, about the whole Violet & Rose, Space & Void, + (Plus) & - (Minus), and Rainbow & Monochrome, all of these are all made by this YouTuber named Burlingtone and many people are complaining that these videos are not only fake and clickbait, but Burlingtone DIDN'T put down "fake", "not real", and "joke". Because of these, many people are reporting to YouTube about Burlingtone's "videos".

Dual versions promote trading and make GF more money. It's something that they'll never get rid of.
I'm expecting two versions but a single version isn't too bad.
Why not just make a game with the pokemon of both games in one game and set the price a little higher? Boom. Money.
Some people buy both versions anyway.

My money's on it being just one version called Switch.

woah, deja vu
I could see that, and I've been of the same thought process for months, but I keep coming back to how strange a change that would be. Two versions are a staple. I doubt we'll ever have a new Gen with only 1 version... That being said, if this terrible feeling I have about them adding no new PKMN for the Switch initial version, a one version release makes a ton of sense.

Pokeballs are out too in favor of Nets and blow darts.

I'm pretty sure Dual versions are a vital artery of the franchise. This also allows Mono switch owners with multiple people who use it to have a different experience on the same console.

I like 2 versions only if the are gen 5 tier version differences. If all thats different is a few version exclusive pokemon its kind of a let down
Gen5 didnt have many differences. Only big one was Opelucid city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom