• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably fake but...

N4XFjJ7.png

Not sure why, but its eyes look kinda off... Same with Ash's face. Isn't that purple thing one of the orbs you get in the underground in DPPT?

Might be fake. Then again, we all thought the final evolutions of the Alola starters were fake when their artwork was leaked.

More importantly, ask yourself what are the chances that any new Pokémon just so happens to leak in exactly the same way that the Alola Starters did, with the reference art sheets spilling online?

It’s why I haven’t really believed any “leak” that has taken the form of concept art with the Confidential stamp. It’s just become such a cliché for fake leakers.

More importantly, ask yourself what are the chances that any new Pokémon just so happens to leak in exactly the same way that the Alola Starters did, with the reference art sheets spilling online?

It’s why I haven’t really believed any “leak” that has taken the form of concept art with the Confidential stamp. It’s just become such a cliché for fake leakers.

IKR, the Confidential Stamp at this point just makes me conclude it's fake right away~

@Plubio; I feel like I have a decent ability to tell fake things but I'm not that great at it, and my Japanese is very rusty.

Japanese is understandable for international fans, but the art is always a dead give away. It's very hard to make "leaked art" that look real. While conversely, most fan artists trying to imitate actual Sugimori art draw similarly.

And they always put in the bare minimum with the Japanese they choose, I was kinda loling at the basic "Sugoi" they gave Ash in that one

@Plubio; I feel like I have a decent ability to tell fake things but I'm not that great at it, and my Japanese is very rusty.

Nah, don't worry! The Japanese text one is kinda difficult if you're not very familiarized with moonrunes (I'm not talking about what the text itself says, but the way it is written).

It is easy to compare that to this:
latest

There's such a huge difference.

About a week ago, I said to my friend that if the game was revealed on the 29th, I'd eat a bunch of Pikachu cards. Now that it's looking somewhat more likely that that'll happen, I've started planning how I'll eat the cards in the event that it does happen then. I'm a man of my word, so should I just straight up eat them or stir them into ice cream? Maybe I could put them in broth.

Kudos on your honor over reason and sticking to your word. If you want savory go broth and if you want something sweet try ice cream. I'd also try chopping them up into bits. Check online to see if it's poisonous too or maybe even just eat the actual cardboard between the illustrations on the front and back. Tell your friend to get a camera or phone ready along with some big hearty laughs at your expense.

Art style is completely off and that Japanese is awful.
Not attacking your directly cause I know you already deduced it is fake but how people can get fooled by stuff like this?

Yeah even aside from the Japanese you can take one look at that thing's face and tell it's off. Not to mention just looking at how the shading and stuff looks even compared to the gen 7 starter leak (ironic considering the big CONFIDENTIAL stamp, which is also a red flag right off the back). With everything against this one it's just plain 100% fake.

The shading on the head and the front fur don't seem very Sugimori-like. And the anime scenes look too detailed, and computer-made instead of drawn by hand.

However, Shaymin-Sky, Mega Diancie and Resolute Keldeo were all revelated in mid-June, so the idea of a new eeveelution being featured won't die until then.

If none of the other project eevee tweets were hinting at a reveal for the following day, then its hard to make the argument that this one is.
Man, when they set that cute and fun account up, I bet they never imagined we would all be taking it so seriously. But that's the pokemon fanbase for you. We are a loveable bunch of obsessive fanatics who will find conspiracy in even the most innocent of tweets

Not saying the leak is 100% true, but do keep in mind that Tieba admins usually never delete ''leaks'' unless they are legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom