• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oha Suta reveals new Pokémon: Back of new Pokémon revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy that Luvdisc got an evolution but not happy at its design. It might grow on me but it looks really like drag queen. I would catch it though but I still don't Luv it.

So, the "National Dex Rumors" could be true after all... And, if we take seriously the RSE remake possibility, I envisage the following evolutions:
* #637 - Ice / Fighting > ???
* #638 - Fire / Dark > Houndoom
* #639 - Ground / Bug > Trapinch alternate evolution (Nincada line is too complicated)
* #640 - Poison / Dragon > Seviper
* #641 - Steel > Mawile
* #642 - Water > Luvdisc :)
* #643 - Fire > Torkoal
* #644 - Dragon / Ice > ???
* #645 - Normal / Ghost > ???
* #646 - Dragon > ???
* #647 - Dark / Psychic > Absol

If these are genuine, however, then I would expect at least some of these to be legendaries that aren't in the local dex. Gen IV, even after the Platinum expansion, missed out Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. It may not happen like that this time around, but it's worth acknowledging as a possibility.

In addition, Fire/Dark is unlikely to be a Houndoom evo due to the typing being reversed.

Even though I'm not fond of Luvdisc, I find its probable evolution quite amusing. And the middle one looks like a Probopass evolution, though I might be wrong.

That is exactly what I thought the second I saw the Luvdisc evolution and the rock thing.

Edit: Now that this new Pokemon has been revealed, how am I suppose to wait for the next CoroCoro for more information!?

Last edited:
Hmm... I think the supposed Luvdisc evolution might not be the one that was meant to be revealed in Pokemon Sunday this week... isn't that one supposed to be a Legendary Pokemon of some sorts?

And it's about freakin' time we get a Luvdisc evolution... I'm just sayin' here folks. I wonder what kind of moveset it'll have?

So, the "National Dex Rumors" could be true after all... And, if we take seriously the RSE remake possibility, I envisage the following evolutions:
* #639 - Ground / Bug > Trapinch alternate evolution (Nincada line is too complicated)
* #641 - Steel > Mawile
* #643 - Fire > Torkoal
* #646 - Dragon > ???

Out of curiosity, where did this rumor come from? Also, a lot of those seem highly unlikely to be real (The type combos, I mean.)

Out of curiosity, where did this rumor come from? Also, a lot of those seem highly unlikely to be real (The type combos, I mean.)
The rumour originated on 2ch, and was then reported on blue skY blog and Pokejungle.

... WOW. I really need to expand my horizons beyond just Bulbagarden. I have no idea what any of those places are beside 2ch, and that's only from seeing mention of it here.

Also, thank you for answering my question.

Anyways, if this obvious Lovedisc evo GETS a second type, I foresee Rock. It's about the only thing that makes sense for its girth.

That's the most pointless type combination I've ever heard of. Normal's only weakness is fighting which is automatically made void thanks to it being a ghost type as well.

Anyway, on that list you pointed out that this Luvdisc evo number appears after the national dex...would be a bit odd to show a pokemon that doesn't appear in the national dex during an advert (unless that's happened in the past, please correct me if I'm wrong).

That's the most pointless type combination I've ever heard of. Normal's only weakness is fighting which is automatically made void thanks to it being a ghost type as well.

And one of Ghost's weakness is ghost...not so pointless is it? It also makes it a very interesting typing considering its a combination of two types that can't even interact with one another.

And one of Ghost's weakness is ghost...not so pointless is it? It also makes it a very interesting typing considering its a combination of two types that can't even interact with one another.

Normal/Ghost. Only weakness is Dark.

I like it. Highly unlikely to exist, but I like it.

Kangaskhan! not that I'm desparate to play it but baby kangakhan has been annoying me for too long. It just makes sense to have the baby be a separate pre-evo.

But there've been four generations of Pokemon so far (not counting Black and White) and that purple thing still hasn't been classified as anything new. I don't see it being anything more than a Baby Kangaskhan.

Anyway, on that list you pointed out that this Luvdisc evo number appears after the national dex...would be a bit odd to show a pokemon that doesn't appear in the national dex during an advert (unless that's happened in the past, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Those last few numbers supposedly belong to Pokemon who don't appear in the Isshu dex. Gen IV had a bunch of Pokemon who didn't appear in the original Sinnoh dex, and at least one of them (Electivire) was trailed prior to the games' release. That said, it does seem a little odd, especially if we only have a handful of postgame evos this time round.

Normal/Ghost. Only weakness is Dark.

I like it. Highly unlikely to exist, but I like it.

Give it levitate and it gets 4 immunities.

* #641 - Steel > Mawile
* #643 - Fire > Torkoal
* #646 - Dragon > ???

I'd say (if this is real) 646 is Eevee and 645 is Banette (possess a doll.) 644 is our Rayquaza/ Giratina to Resiram and Zekrom. That said, I hope it isn't. I LOTHED DP's system of not including all the new pokes in the regional dex (I lothe the regional dex thing in the first place, but...)

Last edited:
But there've been four generations of Pokemon so far (not counting Black and White) and that purple thing still hasn't been classified as anything new. I don't see it being anything more than a Baby Kangaskhan.

They really need to sort out Kangaskhan's breeding, because it's just bizzare even for Pokemon's standards for something to hatch out of an egg and for it to already have a baby. Kangaskhan should have been unbreedable, just like Nidorina and Nidoqueen are.

They really need to sort out Kangaskhan's breeding, because it's just bizzare even for Pokemon's standards for something to hatch out of an egg and for it to already have a baby. Kangaskhan should have been unbreedable, just like Nidorina and Nidoqueen are.

This made me think... If they do make a separate Pokemon for the baby in Kangaskhan's pouch, it better be named "Tribble". :p

This made me think... If they do make a separate Pokemon for the baby in Kangaskhan's pouch, it better be named "Tribble". :p
And I thought I was the only one nerdy enough to ever make that connection ^_^

So I'm one of many bothered by the Kangaskhan baby. Thank god. :XD2: I think that it's supposed to be a Kangaskhan and not a species of its own. But that's clearly stupid. Shouldn't newly hatched Kangaskhan look the same then?

GF took the concept of a kangaroo way too literally. :eek:hdear:

Anyways, if this obvious Lovedisc evo GETS a second type, I foresee Rock. It's about the only thing that makes sense for its girth.

That's GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK to yo--*shot, then revived*

Sorry, I just had to make that joke.

What's with the Tribbles, anyway? What are those?

There's nothing wrong with the way they designed Kangaskhan, because she was designed before you could breed Pokemon. That said, I would like to see a Kangaskhan baby as a separate Pokemon.

Edit: Tribbles are creatures from an episode of Star Trek. They're small furry animals that are born pregnant, so the reproduce like crazy (as long as there's food).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom