• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Out of the Loop

No. Considering the Undercover don't know their own alignment, knowing their teammates is out of the question.

Yes this is exactly what happens. Both (Mr. White and the Undercover team) win if only 1 Civilian is left at the end of the game.

5 Civilians against 3 undercover... ehh?

That's how the balance of this game works, yes.

Hmm, I don't get the point system then. 10 points for the Undercover team and 2 points for Civilians? It makes more sense for it to be just one game without points.

Hmm, I don't get the point system then. 10 points for the Undercover team and 2 points for Civilians? It makes more sense for it to be just one game without points.
I have based the points system on how it is in the original game.
I’m guessing there is a set number f rounds and the one with the most points at the end wins.
Was planning on keeping 3 rounds, with a couple more if all the players wanted.

I’m guessing there is a set number f rounds and the one with the most points at the end wins.

Yes but with how the points are spread out, it's better to be just one game. Undercover is so rewarding, Civilian is never worth getting. Too many rounds would just be boring too.

Yes but with how the points are spread out, it's better to be just one game. Undercover is so rewarding, Civilian is never worth getting. Too many rounds would just be boring too.
Agreed. The points seem imbalanced for the limited number of rounds we'll play.

How would 2 points for Civilians, 4 points for Mr. White and 6 points for Undercover(s) sound?

I would like to hear from all the players what point system and how many rounds would everyone prefer?

Agreed. The points seem imbalanced for the limited number of rounds we'll play.

How would 2 points for Civilians, 4 points for Mr. White and 6 points for Undercover(s) sound?

I would like to hear from all the players what point system and how many rounds would everyone prefer?

If they're going to be 2-4-6, may as well simplify them to 1-2-3.

What's the rationale for the Undercovers getting 6? I feel like it would make more sense for them to get 4 because they are more players than Mr. White, who is solo. I would also make it that Mr. White can submit the word they have figured out at the end of each voting stage, and if they're right, it's game over, instead of requiring to be lynched, and even if they are lynched at the end of the voting stage, their submission still counts.

To add on that, with the lower odds of becoming Mr. White, it makes sense the reward point is higher. It encourages Civilians and Undercovers to act more subtle too.

I think the fact that Mr white can win despite being lynched is flawed. It’s too imbalanced towards the civilians who will have a harder time as each round goes on. I agree that he should be able to guess the word at the end of each phase, and if he does then everyone but him loses. Really it seems like Mr. white should be a different entity from the undercover, but that might make the role too hard if it can only win by guessing.

If they're going to be 2-4-6, may as well simplify them to 1-2-3.
Yes we can keep it at 1-2-3 too.
What's the rationale for the Undercovers getting 6? I feel like it would make more sense for them to get 4 because they are more players than Mr. White, who is solo.
The Undercover get more points as it's more difficult for them as they don't know their alignment. Mr. White on the other hand, know their alignment and also have 2 ways of winning the games as compared to only 1 way for the Undercover(s).
I would also make it that Mr. White can submit the word they have figured out at the end of each voting stage, and if they're right, it's game over, instead of requiring to be lynched, and even if they are lynched at the end of the voting stage, their submission still counts.
I think the fact that Mr white can win despite being lynched is flawed. It’s too imbalanced towards the civilians who will have a harder time as each round goes on. I agree that he should be able to guess the word at the end of each phase, and if he does then everyone but him loses. Really it seems like Mr. white should be a different entity from the undercover, but that might make the role too hard if it can only win by guessing.
Appreciate your suggestions but some rules form the basic part of the game which I won't be able to change. The main win-con of Mr. White is to try to survive till end-game, while trying to guess the given word. But they are given only 1 chance of guessing the word (at the time of elimination and not at every given phase).

There were 3 Undercover...
That clears up my freaking confusion! I was like "HD has supporters, Max has supporters... How?!"

I can see why Mr White gets more points but if you win once as him you've basically won the full game as someone who only plays Town can then score a max of 2 points only. Might be better to set the points to a fixed value for all roles.

1601808840936.png

Back
Top Bottom