• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I know this is offtopic but did you see the way Hikari flared up at Shinji in the episode she cheerleaded for Ash? There's got to be something between them... why else would they FIGHT?

The only reason she got mad is because Shinji said he didn't know her name.

And this has to do with Pearlshipping...? I realize its her english name but it doesn't really have to be announced in this thread.

Hikari will spur the dawning of Ash's romantic side. :p

Any thoughts about the tag battle episode (DP029: Ash & Dawn! Everything's fine with a Tag Battle?!)?

I'm not raising my hopes up, but I think this episode will show us at least some nice character development. We are yet to see Ash and Dawn develop a consistent bonding, so I think there's a good chance for sweet moments between them.

And wouldn't it be cute if they'd choose Pikachu and Buneary for the battle? ^^

Hikari will spur the dawning of Ash's romantic side. :p

XD

You know, I still don't understand why it's called Pearlshipping when Pearl is really Jun, the main rival of D/P. But then again, most ships don't make sense anyway. Hurray for fandom insanity. :-/

Jun is only Pearl in Special, isn't he?

DiamondShipping was taken and we didn't have much else to use back in August/September.

Do you think its possible to perhaps change the name of a ship?

Jun is only Pearl in Special, isn't he?

DiamondShipping was taken and we didn't have much else to use back in August/September.

Which would lead to confusion to some people. And Diamondshipping has the same problem since Diamond is Koki. If it hasn't been chosen already yet, Sinnohshipping would be a nice name. Ash x May was Advanceshipping, not Ruby/Sapphireshipping.

Ash/May was called Advanceshipping because the name of the show they starred in was "Advanced Generation."

The name of the D/P series is...well..."Diamond and Pearl."

Since the writers chose such a crappy and generic name, naming the ship Pearlshipping at least reminds people which saga it comes from.

I guess that makes sense, but it's still confusing because of Special.

People would get even more confused if the name of the shipping suddenly change. Everybody is already used to Pearlshipping, there's no need to rename.

....I'm not going through this again.

Pearlshipping was named because everyone assumed Hikari was the equivalent to Pearl. It was named LOOOONG before anything was known about Special's storyline. That's why most, if not all, 'ships with the word 'pearl' in it are related to Hikari.

It's too late. Pearlshipping is cemented in fandom, regardless of its rendered inaccuracy.

It will not be changed. If you /wish/, you can attempt to reclaim Shinoushipping, but I advise against it, as I advised against the Fortuneshippers from trying to use it back when they tried to name Kouki/Hikari when it'd long been called Fortune beforehand.

Let's call it...."Nevergoingtohappenshipping" :x kidding! plz don't kill me!!!

Most ships won't happen, though. There's no point in giving that name to this one.

And I don't see why we have to apply Pokémon Special to a ship about the anime. If we were shipping Ms. Berlitz, fair enough, try to guess the name of the third game. But we're not. Hikari is the Sapphire of Generation IV.

Well, Pearlshipping is 500% like my average rate in Pokéshipping. However, I think Dawn has a crush on Ash and if Dawn has a crush on Ash, Dawn is Misty's "love rival"

"Love rival!" sounds cool. Go get him Dawn!...*roots for Misty* he he he XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom