• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
The Pokemon Sun and Moon anime has been announced and here is a poster for it.

corocoro10165.jpg

Team Rocket are back, as usual, Ash has that Z stone thing and seems to also have a Rotom Pokedex.

I think Ash will get all 3 starters, his traveling companions will be Lillie and Mallow. Mallow's Pokemon will be that Cherrim looking thing and Lillie will have the Alola form of Vulpix.

Also, wishful thinking, Ash encountering his Lapras again and maybe his Charizard makes some sort of return?

The weirdest thing about this poster to me is that Ash is no longer wearing a jacket or jumper of some kind.

Hard to draw many conclusions from it apart from Ash getting a Z Stone and Rotom Pokedex. I guess Team Rocket and Bewear is going to be a thing, too. I don't want to guess who the travelling companions are because we've had deceptive posters in the past.

Looks fun. The poses are perfect for Ash, honestly.

Hoo boy, it's another ridiculous season, I hope you're ready.

Inconclusive companions, but there has to be a reason 3 of the 4 known captains are here, and they each have a pokemon, notable that Lana has Popplio.

So apparently some of the text says "A never before seen school life starts! Aim for graduation?", according to someone on Serebii.

Since there are no gyms, Ash is finally getting an education, I guess.

Complete stab in the dark here but what if there are no conventional travelling companions this time, but rather just a more frequently recurring cast of characters?

Odd wording at best. How does that figure into exploring the islands?

Field trips?

It might not even refer to Ash's journey at all, but just the characters he'll meet. Could just be theme of that particular episode.

... He's going to school?

I like that he has a Z-Ring, but I hope that he also gets a Mega Bracelet. It's weird that he gets one straight away, but still doesn't have the other yet.
I like the possibilites of the new season though. I just hope that they really do the XY&Z series justice by continuing it reall well. I didn't think school would do that though... I guess I can't make any guesses without watching it.

That plot summary is hilarious. He is that close to a league win, well nope, he has to go back to school! AAAARGH. Then you have to Boku no Hero Academia artstyle, look at Kukui, no gloves for Ash, a Z Ring for him when they didn't hand him a mega ring, and after a year or so of finally getting used to the two tone iris, they go back to the black oval. Still going to watch it, not going to make a fuss, but good lord its GEN 5 all over again, highly experimental games that are lauded with praise, but an anime season that from the first posters and character keyart suggested something is very off. Get ready for a couple of rough weeks ahead....

I like that he has a Z-Ring, but I hope that he also gets a Mega Bracelet. It's weird that he gets one straight away, but still doesn't have the other yet.
The Z-Ring seems to have a slot for a Key Stone in the games, but it's a minor feature that I wouldn't bet on Ash ever using. Mega Evolution does not seem to be important in Sun and Moon.

VTP-Dawkins93 said:
Complete stab in the dark here but what if there are no conventional travelling companions this time, but rather just a more frequently recurring cast of characters?
I think that Mallow will be a typical companion ( a reliable "older sister"), but you may be right about the third wheel changing every now and then.

I really like the prospect of the Rotom Pokedex. It could be a really cool main character that provides some comedic relief. I think that it could stay around.

Well, it's rather unfair of me to say just from appearances. We'll have to see if anyone can provide some clarification.

Something screamed series reset to me but... Best wait until Thursday. I'm glad they mentioned the anime in the leak. I'm excited and got something to chew on until the big announcement later on this week.

Yeah, we might actually get clips and stuff, though I can't be certain.

I'm surprised that we can't see Hau yet. I'm pretty sure that he would be the male companion. And I don't see Ash as being in normal school. That would be weird, as he'd have to live somewhere and travelling around all the islands would be a nuisance. It could mean a battling school, and Mallow and co. are teachers. They move around and teach battling, and Ash is either a top student or helps out with the teaching. That could be the twist implied by his 'graduation.' But yeah, not an actual school, but a travelling theoretical group that occasionally meet up.

Reading the summery, I think i may be interested in see the anime now!

So this is going to be a school anime? I hope they're going to teach something else other than battles - there's no gyms after all, and I'd prefer seeing Ash study something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom