• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be pretty jarring for seasoned trainer, traveller, league finalist and potential saviour of Kalos Ash to end up in school so the transition here will be interesting. Worst case scenario is that he undergoes a BW style reset and become incompetent.

I can imagine, though, that they won't be staying one place. Maybe the school will act a type of hub while the characters hop around the islands.

Translations of scan(thanks to Dephender):
New developments in the anime as well!

Its name is "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"

New Pokémon appear!
Ash and the Alola guardian deity Tapu Koko meet each other!

New characters one after another!
Lots and lots of new encounters await!

An explosion of "Z Moves", which use all one's power!
The intense full-power "Z-moves" pack a punch in battles!

Ash goes to school!?
Ash starts going to school for the first time ever! He's aiming to graduate!?

The new series "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon" airs on the 6 channels on the TV Tokyo Network starting November 2016

"Ash is going to school and his goal is to graduate "like never before.""

Well since Alain made sure Ash got schooled, it makes sense that Ash would want to graduate.

Disappointed by Ash's design. I was hoping he'd have the usual type of outfit, since the S/M male protag has terrible clothes. Also, where are Ash's fingernails? This is a stupid thing to worry over, but I'm hoping the new artstyle change doesn't also mean that characters lose the fingernails they just got three years ago.

I like Ash's new outfit. This is the first time where it's not a hoodie or jacket of some sort for minor trivia.
Ash going to school will be interesting to say the least. This Thursday's (most likely) trailer for the series being the announcement of the XY&Z 1 Hour Special should also be interesting if we end up seeing any footage from the new series.

It seems to me that the trials have indeed been reinterpreted as some kind of crash course on pokemon. While I am interested in seeing how the battles with Z moves are done, I'm worried about how the between bits are working out, unless each of the types is it's own story arc.

Sharpedo is there! I really want Ash to catch it so that he can use it to threaten the writers to make him finally win. Looks like Rowlet is confirmed. The poster actually point towards a reset once again. It is sad to see a league finalist attend a school. Oh btw, NO SERENA! And NO GRENINJA!
Alolan oak will play a role as he is there in the poster. I hope that charizard belongs to Alain, just a redesign. I actually want Alain to stay so that Ash can beat up his ass.
What is above charizard?
Seems like Mallow and that miner are the companions.

There are many avenues towards the title of Pokemon Master and this is one of them. I'm excited with this prospect. We're exploring new angles in the series and characters.

This design might not be definite. I see it as a goofy pose and nothing more. Until get more material to work with.

Did they have to give Satoshi a "Pokemon Origins"-like face? It kinda creeps me out. Anyway, similar to the games trying something new, looks like the anime will as well. And he'll even get a Z-ring early. That just makes me even more grumpy that he didn't get a Mega-Ring.

I think the Z-ring suits Ash better, as a character that likes flashy and powerful moves. You can imagine an entire mini-arc about Ash mastering the timing and usage of a Z-move, more so than him mastering Mega Evolution.

Thought this highlighted the art shift nicely:

tumblr_ode5u7OG2l1v8pjpxo1_540.jpg

Well, this is interesting. All I can say for certain is that Team Rocket's back, the Trial Captains have a major role, Ash has a Z-Ring and (at least) a Rowlet, and it's very likely that none of Ash's Kalos team is returning.

I don't want to jump to any more conclusions just yet. All I can say is that I'm cautiously optimistic for this new series.

What bothers me most is the back to school aspect (or in this case starting school), though it's probably something along the lines of summer school or maybe summer camp-like school, regardless, traveling is an important part of the Pokemon anime, and unless they do lots of field trips, it just seems so restrictive.

Can I just say how irratating it is that Greninja isn't there? Yes, we knew it would leave. Yes, we knew it would make him overpowered in a new region. But to have such a powerful bond with a Pokémon where you can become one with it, only for it to be dumped away at Oak's, is really jarring to me. I know Ash always likes to press forward, but I feel like the whole syncro evolution concept still has so much more to it. Maybe it will be expanded upon in Sun & Moon, who knows. But I wish Greninja didn't get so much screentime in XYZ, because he felt really significant to Ash and now he can't reach his full potential without his trainer. But I digress.

On a lighter note, I think we know how Ash will get to Alola now. The last episode of XY will probably introduce Oak's cousion, and they'll take a boat together to Alola or something. That's probably the most likely explaination, and I feel like Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena won't know about Alola because it would be introduced when Ash gets back to Kanto.

Wow, I'm really not sure how I feel about this. Ash going to school was certainly unexpected. And I'm not sure how I feel about those goofy grins he and Pikachu have on their faces. I feel like this is pointing to another regression, but I sincerely hope not. If so, I hope he at least becomes competent after the school stuff is over.

I am thrilled however to see that Ash has the Z-Ring and it looks like they will be giving Z-Moves a lot of focus which is the main thing I hoped for. I'll wait for a trailer before I give the rest of my opinions though.

The Pokemon Sun and Moon anime has been announced and here is a poster for it.

corocoro10165.jpg

Team Rocket are back, as usual, Ash has that Z stone thing and seems to also have a Rotom Pokedex.
That Representation of Ash is VERY Unflattering, with his eyes being Farther apart from each other, and smaller eyes, and a Huge & Ridiculous grin; AS MUCH AS I AM TRULY AN ASH FANBOY, This doesn't do him that many Favors; I Hope this DOESN'T Become a Rehash of B&W!!!!!!!!! and I don't see SERENA ANYWHERE(I don't want to watch him with ANY OTHER Girl) But the ONLY Good things about this are:
A. Whereas in Pokemon The Series: XY; Ash DIDN'T Receive a Mega Ring;
Here in Pokemon The Series: Sun & Moon He DOES get the Z-ring(I hope this poster ISN'T telling a Bold-faced Lie) AND A Rotom-Pokedex
B. Sampson Oak is Featured

Can I just say how irratating it is that Greninja isn't there? Yes, we knew it would leave. Yes, we knew it would make him overpowered in a new region. But to have such a powerful bond with a Pokémon where you can become one with it, only for it to be dumped away at Oak's, is really jarring to me. I know Ash always likes to press forward, but I feel like the whole syncro evolution concept still has so much more to it. Maybe it will be expanded upon in Sun & Moon, who knows. But I wish Greninja didn't get so much screentime in XYZ, because he felt really significant to Ash and now he can't reach his full potential without his trainer. But I digress.

On a lighter note, I think we know how Ash will get to Alola now. The last episode of XY will probably introduce Oak's cousion, and they'll take a boat together to Alola or something. That's probably the most likely explaination, and I feel like Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena won't know about Alola because it would be introduced when Ash gets back to Kanto.
I AGREE, IT SUCKS THAT:
A. SERENA'S GONE
B. ASH-GRENINJA'S GONE WITHOUT ANY FULL-BLOWN EXPLAINATION OF SYNCHRONIZATION BETWEEN TRAINER AND POKEMON
C. THE STUPID DESIGN OF ASH'S FACE
D. IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S THE B&W ANIME ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love Ash's new look and its cool that he is indeed getting a Z-Rign. Also, while I'm not sure about who his other companons will be, I think this out right confirms Mallow will be one as we expected. Seems she has a Bounsweet also.
I like that he DOES have a Z-ring wheras he DIDN'T Recieve a Mega-ring; But the Goofy expression and the big grin Seems like a REGRESSION for Ash; I personally see this OFFICIALLY Jumping the Sharpedo.

Can anyone translate incase there's more info within this page that we don't know yet?

Also, I think the whole Ash going to school thing kinda makes me angry, considering the writers robbed him of a league victory he deserved and he won't be competing in anything it seems so far.
I Quit. I'm DONE WITH the Anime. its NOW Jumped the Sharpedo for me. I still like Ash; But I'll ONLY COME BACK When Either:
A. Serena and/or Ash-greninja return and NOT just as a Meaningless Cameo
B. He ACTUALLY Wins a League
C. The Writers DON'T Make things EVEN WORSE THAN BLACK AND WHITE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom