• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar

This is heading in an interesting direction. I wonder why Chigon was sealed away long enough to meet Reggie. We shall see =P

Great Chapter, though I saw some grammatical errors, nothing to big though =P. Also, Darren's a jerkass moreso then before =L

Darrens back to his former self it seems, but i wonder if it was because of what Neptune said to him? I'd have to agree with Legacy, he certainly is a complex and very well thought out character, kudos.

Still, even though legendary pokémon are powerful, try not to overplay it too much as otherwise when they get defeated its not gonna be quite believable, unless the main characters get massively stronger.

At any rate, keep on writing!

Sorry I took so long, it was hard to get into character and then to think of stuff to write but I finally finished it, though it's a bit rush at the end.

Chapter 35: Turn Back the Pendulum Part 1: The Birth of Light and Darkness

It was another quiet day in the Dragonic Archipelago, the shipping boats were reaching the center of the archipelago, also known as Roar Island. The archipelago itself worked as if it was a region all in itself, Fin Island was less developed and urbanized compared to Roar Island but it was known for its great fishing spots.

Kin Island provided knowledge and tradition to the archipelago; people would normally go visit it to hear the wise words of the priests as well as to visit the sacred temples that dictated the legend of the Dragonic Archipelago’s origins. Rin Island was known for providing tasty vegetables and berries to the whole of the archipelago, and their haunting skills were the best of them all. And lastly Tail Island which served as a training island where people from all over the archipelago could go and learn to fight and defend themselves along with their Pokémon partners.

And in the center of all this was Roar Island, also known as the place where only the best live. The island houses the palace that holds the kingdom up which is where the king of the archipelago lives. It is also houses the Dragonic Archipelago’s Council, where order and laws are established all throughout the island. While most people know this island to be the land of richest, most of the rich citizens live in the area around the palace while the rest of Roar Island are no different from the others.

Our story begins inside of the Roar Island Palace, the prince’s room to be précised.

The sun was shining down on the eastern window of the palace, even going through the dark colored curtains draped over the window. Inside of the room a young man groaned and rolled around on his silk bed, his eyes opening slowly as he groaned. “Why must such an annoying thing as the sun exist,” he muttered before pushing himself up from the mattress. He looked around the large room as he got out from the bed, trying to find his way to the drapes.

After a few minutes he finally found the cursed drapes and opened them, letting the light from the sun hit him completely and causing him to move back. “I should’ve thought this better,” he replied as he covered his crystalline blue eyes from the light, his long spiky black hair covering his forehead. The young man faced away from the window as he walked over to a mirror nearby noticing the athletic built and abs he had developed from his life of training in swordsmanship, and hand to hand combat, he then began looking for clothes in the drawer.

He eventually found something he deemed worthy and then proceeded to change into a sleeveless white silk shirt over his body before putting on a pair of matching shorts; the shorts going down to his knees. He took out a white cape that was on the bottom drawer and set it around his body, letting it fall to his legs as he finished by putting a pair of golden colored bracelets on both hands.

The large wooden doors opened up slowly, making the young man turn around to look at the man walking in. He seemed to be in his late forties to early fifties and was wearing a black sleeveless long best along with a long sleeved white porcelain sweater under it, he had pair of black trousers along with silver hair that was combed straight, his face was already wrinkled but there was still a lot of life in his grey colored eyes. “Prince Raphael, why are you wearing those undergarments?” the man asked as he walked over to the prince.

“They’re comfortable Rodin, besides I don’t have to wear all the high class stuff all the time,” Raphael shook his head, trying to ignore Rodin walking around and measuring him, he literally did that every time he wore something deemed “unworthy of a prince” Rodin proceeded to look into Raphael’s drawer for something more suitable to the prince. “I don’t know why I have to give it such an importance.”

“But young prince, you are the future of this kingdom, you must dress adequately to show your respect and dedication to the whole kingdom,” Rodin replied with a solemn nod while looking back at the prince; who was keeping his annoyed look.

“Respect, Rodin, the only people like dress ‘adequately’ as you put it are those of the high class,” he replied with a slight groaned before he kept going. “The rest of the region dresses like this, so how does it bring respect if I’m always dressed in clothes that they themselves can’t even dream of wearing?” he asked, making the old man scratch his chin to try and come up with a sentence.

“Well, it’s obvious that, since you’re the prince you should dress better than the commoners,” Rodin replied with a quick nod before going back to the drawer. Raphael just rolled his eyes at his advisors hypocrisy, however he decided he should take the chance and proceeded to sneak out of the room. Raphael began pacing around the palace, ignoring any and all of his subjects that walked past him and waved, they just pitied him, they knew if they showed their true feelings they’ll be punish by his father King Michael. “Idiots,” he muttered as he walked out of the palace, shrugging off the guards that were trying to keep him inside.

“Prince, we can’t allow you to walk out,” the guard said, holding his spear in front of the Raphael who just scoffed before pushing the guard away.

“I’m the prince you ingrate, you do what I say not what that old fool for an advisor tells you!” Raphael exclaimed before he jogged towards the nearest Rapidash, they were usually taken out in the morning to get some food and drinks from the local Pokémon store room. Raphael ran to the closest one and jumped up.

“But my liege,” the farmer looked over at Raphael who just ignored him as he maneuvered the Rapidash so that it would start running; it also ran over the farmer who was trying to stop the prince from taking its Rapidash away.

Raphael sped through the city, moving away from the people that got on his way, and at some people he didn’t even care if they were in the way or not. Rapidash looked up at Raphael with a shocked look; it wasn’t used to sprinting so fast in such a closed area. “Come on, just follow my orders and don’t protest,” Raphael replied after seeing the expression on Rapidash’s face.

Raphael looked around at all the berry stands around the street, he stretched his hand out and grabbed a Sitrus berry nearby as he kept going. He generally didn’t care, he was the prince after all, meaning he could do whatever he wanted without someone talking back to him, sure it was spoiled but really if you have such a high privilege you should take advantage of it. People looked at him, children glared at him for interrupting their games; even Pokémon looked shocked at the way he was treating Rapidash but he didn’t care at all about what they thought. “Let’s go, I got tired of these low lives looking at me,” Raphael commanded Rapidash to make a right turn as he started going down a ramp.

After a few minutes of going down the ramp and turning a couple of more streets Raphael ended up in a lush area full of grass that was still wet from the rain that had hit the kingdom the night before. In front of them was a crystalline river that glowed along with the light of the sun, a river that attracted Rapidash immediately after Raphael got off its back. “I guess you deserve a little break,” Raphael shrugged and began walking around the place. At least it was quiet, he didn’t have to worry about anyone telling him what to do or what to wear or how to act and he definitely didn’t have to worry about his duties for the day.

“Fiancé, why do I need such a thing I’m only 17 years old, not just that but,” he sighed before sitting down on the grass and crossing his legs. “All of those girls are snotty and stupid, spoiled or just plain annoying,” he scoffed before lying down on the grass and staring up at the grass. “But my father doesn’t care about that, he just wants a queen deserving of his heir, no wonder he didn’t give a damn when mom died.”

“You seem to be disturbed,” Raphael looked up, noticing the girl kneeling in front of the river, she was wearing a black leather dress that went down to her feet along with long black sleeves, she had long brown hair that went over her waist and a fairly white skin. “Oh sorry, I didn’t want to stop your train of thought,” the girl turned around to look at him and flashed him a smile, her beautiful and delicate face along with those coffee brown eyes; this was enough to make Raphael’s face beginning to get red.

“Uh…don’t worry…” he stopped after processing the situation, he wasn’t one to get nervous, he was already used to girls, charming them talking to them all the same. “Um I mean, you shouldn’t be spying on other people.” He replied with a nod while trying to hide the blush.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” the girl replied before getting up, revealing the white egg she was holding on her arms. Raphael noticed this and recognized it as a Pokémon egg, while he hadn’t seen many Pokémon eggs in his life he was able to distinguish it immediately by the odd markings they normally have.

“Why do you have a Pokémon egg?” Raphael asked curiously as he got up and walked over to the girl, who in turn turned her body around for him to see the egg better.

“Oh, I am supposed to bring this egg with me, but I wanted to give it a chance to look at this wonderful view,” Raphael raised an eyebrow at the girl. Was she nuts, a Pokémon egg was just that, an egg there’s no way it could understand the surroundings before it was even born, especially considering Pokémon themselves were just animals they barely recognized anything. “I think that it’s a good way to create its own personality.”

“An egg come on, it’s not like that’s going to change its life once it’s born,” Raphael chuckled; however he looked at the girl who had gained a rather depressed look after his comment. “Oh, my apologies, I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“No, you didn’t upset me,” the girl replied with an embarrassed laugh before patting the egg in between her arms. “You see, this egg is supposed to go to my fiancé, my parents settled for the man I should marry and this is a special Pokémon Egg, it’s a Chigon egg,”

“Chigon?” Raphael raised an eyebrow before scoffing. “I’ve seen like a thousand of those in my lifetime there’s no way it could be that special,” he pointed out before going back to what the girl said about being assigned a fiancé, however he didn’t pay much attention to it. “See, right there,” he looked behind him and pointed at a group of kids playing around with a Chigon each, however they each had different patterns and different colors for each pattern. “They’re no big thing, I heard they have multiple evolutions but that depends on the person raising it.”

“It’s a way to test a human’s spirit, but this one is different,” the girl replied as he got up from the grass, she then bowed, surprising Raphael. “It’s so nice to meet you Prince Raphael, my name is Valentine Glory and I am your fiancé.” Raphael stood there, looking up at the girl in front of him with wide eyes. It was utterly impossible to say the least, even if he had already gotten a couple of clues from her past statements.

“No way, you’re the girl!?” Raphael gasped, though his response was only a couple of nods from the girl along with a charming smile. “How old are you?”

“I will turn sixteen next month,” Valentine replied causing Raphael to step back. Normally the arranged girls were around his age or older, the fact that they settled for someone younger was actually really new to him. “I’m from Kin Island, my father is the Lord of the island and this egg was specifically created for you,” Raphael raised an eyebrow, he had heard something about the priests in Kin Island having the ability to create eggs, mostly because Kin Island was already too much into spiritual things they said they were connected with Arceus and the gods or something that Raphael didn’t care too much about.

“Young Prince,” Raphael cringed at hearing the worried and old voice once more, as soon as he turned around he saw Rodin standing just a few meters away from him, next to him was a man wearing a long purple robe that got down to his feet, he had long jet black hair that reached his neck along with a ghostly pale skin and a pair of red colored eyes. “Rodin,” Raphael groaned.

“Miss Valentine, why did you go off like that?” the man that was with Rodin spoke, his voice sounding stern and commanding but calm at the same time. “You know we had to get to the palace.”

“I know, but the egg told me the prince would be here,” Valentine replied with a smile, causing Raphael to raised both eyebrows at the girl’s response, he had finally found the short end of the stick; the girl was nuts! And that in itself was enough to make Raphael frown at himself for actually being attracted to her. “But you are right, we should go,” Valentine got up from the ground and stretched her hand at Raphael, he just scoffed before turning away from her, he didn’t want her sympathy or anybody’s for that matter.

“All right then, we’ll talk about these matters back in the palace,” Rodin stated before turning around and beginning to walk along with Valentine’s advisor, the two young hairs looked back at each other before deciding to follow. “King Michael personally wants to talk to you young prince, he says it’s important,”

“Of course,” Raphael grumbled, he barely got to see his dad since he was either always doing something that had to do with the kingdom, or going around and fucking every single mistress that crossed his path. “I can’t believe he actually had the time to stop thinking about sexual desires and focus on me,” this caused Rodin to give Raphael a glare that spoke for itself, mainly that he should try and be more polite towards his father. “What it’s true,” Raphael grumbled once more as the two kept walking.

After walking for a couple of more minutes, the four were surrounded by the guards that began leading them back towards the palace where Raphael was sent to his sleeping quarters while Valentine, Rodin and Valentine’s advisor were taken to the throne room so that they could wait while Raphael changed.

After a few minutes of looking through his drawers, Raphael managed to find something that Rodin wouldn’t make him change as soon as he stepped into the throne room. He was led into the throne room by a couple of guards, he was now wearing a leather white doublet with long white sleeves along with a pair of white pants, he still had the white cape though. “Hello,” he said to the two advisors and Valentine before looking up at the throne.

Michael was sitting on the golden throne, he had long black hair that was kept straight but well combed at the same time, he had a black beard that didn’t stick out too much but it was enough to cover his face, he, like Raphael had a pair of blue eyes but his eyes and face in general showed a great deal of experience and seriousness, of course Raphael could disagree but he knew he shouldn’t have. “Hello father, did you want to see me?” Raphael looked up at his father before he was obliged to bow by Rodin.

“How dare you be so disrespectful to me, such an ungrateful child,” King Michael frowned as he looked at his son before turning to Rodin. “Why haven’t you teach this ingrate some manners Rodin?” the old man seemed to become nervous and worried at this question; however Raphael stepped forward.

“Well you know what they say father, you can’t rely on others to do your duties,” Raphael pointed out, noticing the obvious rage in his father’s eyes before turning back around. “Well then, I’ll be going.”

“No you won’t,” Michael ordered before looking down at Valentine, who was keeping a calm and collected look while clutching the egg. “You will marry Princess Valentine from Kin Island my son, your union and the power of the Pokémon she possesses will help you bring peace to this kingdom.”

Raphael frowned, it was a Chigon egg, he could get one from the farmer any day. And that wasn’t all, peace, they were already pretty peaceful, unless his father wanted to go for the other four regions nearby which wouldn’t surprise Raphael. “Father, with all due respect, I don’t understand why I have to do this.”

“The princess has come here with a very important gift, it would be very uncivilized of you not to accept it,” Raphael turned to look at Valentine’s advisor, who was now glaring dagger at the young prince. This intrigued the young man, this advisor had a hint of selfishness and desire, as if he wanted the egg himself; this in turn caused Raphael to want it more.

“Since you seen to be emphasizing on it a lot, I’ll take it,” Raphael grinned at the man before looking over at Rodin. “Rodin, set my room up, I’ll have a sleeping buddy tonight.”

“There will be no such thing until the wedding night!” Valentine’s advisor yelled, he taking a step forward, though he stopped when the guards stepped up. “She is my niece and I am her guardian so it’s my order.”

“And I understand and agree,” Michael replied, he knew how Raphael got whenever he wanted to joke around, but usually his jokes turned bad, something that the king himself didn’t want to test out with such a delicate matter. “Now Lady Valentine, will you hand my son the egg,”

“As you wish my lord,” Valentine nodded her head solemnly and turned to look at Raphael, who proceeded to stare down at the white egg that was on her arms. He just shrugged; knowing that there really was nothing else he could do about it. Raphael stretched his hand to touch the egg causing it to glow and light the whole room.

“This never happened before,” Raphael muttered while covering his eyes as the egg began to gain a different shape and once it was done it had assumed the form of a small Chigon, like all Chigon’s it had a different pattern on its nose compared to the ones Raphael had seen earlier, having a red triangle pointing downwards. “It looks, smaller than normal actually,” Raphael pointed out curiously.

“Chi?” the Chigon raised its head curiously and began sniffing Raphael, who in turn stepped back at the course of action. “Chi!” Chigon exclaimed and jumped on Raphael’s arm, throwing him down to the floor.

“Father stop this thing!” Raphael exclaimed while trying to avoid Chigon’s licks.

“I’m sorry, it’s still a baby, and I guess it really likes the prince,” Valentine walked over to Chigon and Raphael and grabbed Chigon, the Pokémon pouted though as it was separated from the prince. “It’s just eager,”

“I can tell, but try to control it,” King Michael spoke before motioning for them to walk out of the throne room, the two advisors and teenagers nodded and started to walk out, however just as they were about to leave a guard ran inside; pushing the doors open and making everyone jump back.

“My lord, I’m sorry for intruding but something strange is happening outside!” the guard screamed, making King Michael stir a little at the apparent dread of the situation. “There are two strange looking dragon Pokémon out there, they seemed to have evolve from two Chigon on the street,”

“Chigon without owners evolving, and there’s no way you wouldn’t know what Pokémon it is we already know all of their evolutions,” King Michael sprang up from his throne immediately and began following the guard outside, Raphael, Valentine and the two advisors were close behind though.

Once they got out of the castle they were shocked at the sight of two large black bipedal dragons. They were covered in black scales with spikes on their back, a pair of black wings and long fangs as well as a long face. The guards and a couple of Drapion were trying to keep the Pokémon at bay but the two dragon fired a powerful jet of flames simultaneously and sent the guards and the two bug types crashing against the castle walls.

“What do you suppose those are?” Raphael gritted his teeth as the two black dragons roared before turning their sight towards the smaller looking Chigon, a scared and yet menacing look crossing their faces. “Why are they looking at this little guy,”

“Chi,” Chigon gritted its teeth before it stepped up, shocking everyone present.

“This Chigon is different for that same reason,” Valentine’s advisor replied while Chigon assumed a fighting stand a pair of wings bursting from its back causing Raphael to step back in shock, even for normal Chigon it was weird for them to have wings that big. “It’s got a power that attracts other Chigon based Pokémon,”

“He’s that important,” Raphael raised an eyebrow but gasped when one of the black dragons took to the skies and then dived down towards the smaller Chigon. Raphael gasped, not at the fact that the Arial Ace missed, but because Chigon actually managed to dodge it, it spread its wings and flew into the sky just before the dragon collided against it. “It’s fast,” he pointed out before the Chigon collided against the black dragon making it move back and slide on the floor.

“Yeah, while it is smaller it seems to have the power of a Pangon,” Rodin pointed out while helping the civilians get to safety along with the other guards. Raphael looked over at Valentine, who had gained a serious look as she stared at the three dragons Pokémon; which were now fighting in mid air.

“What are you doing, you should go back into the castle,” Raphael walked over to Valentine and grabbed her hand, but she didn’t seem to pay attention.

“I can’t, I have to watch over Chigon,” Valentine replied while looking at the battle. Chigon was beginning to struggle now as the two dragons began circling him, causing him to fall prey to their various Flamethrower attacks. “I can’t leave him alone,”

“You matter more than that th…”

“Don’t call him a thing!” Valentine screamed, she glaring daggers at Raphael, this in turn caused Raphael to gasp; she was completely different now, if Chigon was so important that it could cause a kind girl like Valentine to scream out like that. “You might be a spoiled prince who doesn’t value Pokémon but I’m not, Pokémon are my friends and this one is one I must protect,”

Raphael chuckled, she was definitely determined for someone even younger than him. “All right then,” he extended his right arm, causing his cape to wave with the wind. “I’m its master so I should be the one fighting with it,” he looked back at Valentine with a grin before he started walking forward. “Chigon, let’s do it!” Chigon looked down at the prince at smiled, it was glad that its master had finally accepted his duties.

With this the two black dragons moved back in awe as Chigon’s body began glowing and growing, this surprising Raphael since he didn’t think it could evolve so suddenly. “This Chigon’s special ability is Synchronization, if its feelings are synchronized with its owner it can evolve into any of the four evolutions a Chigon has as well as devolve back,”

“Devolve?” Raphael asked with a look of awe, he didn’t know there could actually be a Pokémon that could devolve. The glow finally faded allowing the roar of a powerful Alagon to resound in the sky causing the two black dragons to glare but at the same time shake in fear. “Well, I guess you are special after all,” Alagon nodded its head as it flew down. “Then let’s do this buddy!”

Meanwhile in a tower far from the castle a teenager with a black cape was looking towards the direction of the battle his spiky black hair moving around as he grinned. “Looks like things are developing,” he said as a man walked into the tower, he was Valentine’s advisor. “What do you think huh Ziru?”

“I think, that it might be harder than we thought Lord Shroud,” Ziru replied with a solemn look as Shroud just scoffed, the grin still showing on his face.

End of Chapter 35
Next Time: Turn Back the Pendulum Part 2: The Start of War

Good chapter, I can't wait for the next one. But, quick question, why did you not make any new Pokémon for Roar Island? I mean, it seems Chigon are commonplace and being a seperate 'region', I expected more original Pokémon as well, that perhaps disappeared mysteriously without any hints as to where to explain their modern day absense...

Other then that tidbit, tis goood.

Fair enough, though at least add more Pokémon not commonly found in the modern day to give it more of an identity rather then another set of Sevii Islands with one new Pokémon. Perhaps some Farfetch'd, they were apparently common a while back.

another good chapter flame, keeping up the good work :)

A new twist, showing almost the origins of Chigon, and the society that used them, and if i'm right the Prince's Chigon has the same ability the devolve just like Reggie's?

It was interesting at any rate, and your grammar whilst better, could still do with a little improving, as it hard to find specifics but at times it was worded, oddly.

For instance in the first paragraph you repeated Archipelago a fair bit, which kinda breaks up the reading a bit. might wanna watch out for small things like that.

Still, keep it up!

I wanna look away but I can't this story is just too good.
P.s don't if this has been asked but what house would Ash Ketchum Be in?

Grammar and Flow
Just take one paragraph here.

Kin Island provided knowledge and tradition to the archipelago; people would normally go visit it to hear the wise words of the priests, as well as to visit the sacred temples that dictated the legend of the Dragonic Archipelago’s origins. Rin Island was known for providing tasty vegetables and berries to the whole of the archipelago, and their hunting skills were the best of them all. And lastly, Tail Island, which served as a training island where people from all over the archipelago could go and learn to fight and defend themselves along with their Pokémon partners.
See? A couple of mistakes every paragraph, but they add up, and they distract from the story. This story would be unparalleled if that could happen. I mean, really! It would be awesome.
The commas are what kills your flow. Commas are really important in writing especially. Forgetting grammar, they space the story out, they give it a regular beat, if that makes sense. It's one thing that your stories could use, since sometimes it seems like everything is crushed together.

Plot
Now, here's it's shining! Back in time? A prince, a fiancee, and lots of Chigons? A special Chigon? I didn't see that coming, though it's clear it's relevant to the plot. That was a masterstroke though, a very clear idea of going back in time. It's certainly interesting to see what's coming up. I mean, I wonder what Shroud will do...and for that matter, who Shroud is! Great job here!

Characterization
Still doing well! In one chapter, I can definitely see the sort of people all the characters are. You're describing them very well and it seems to be an amazing story in that way. One chapter, and I can already empathize with the characters? Great work!

Grammar is really the only thing holding you back; if you could fix that, your chapters would be even more amazing than they already are.

It looks to me like your writing style has changed a bit, and for the better! Your descriptions of the characters, setting, and environment were all spot-on. The dialogue, especially between Raphael and Rodin, was very well done. I love this new (although its technically old, hehe) world you've made. I only have two small things to point out:

It was another quiet day in the Dragonic Archipelago, the shipping boats were reaching the center of the archipelago, also known as Roar Island. The archipelago itself worked as if it was a region all in itself, Fin Island was less developed and urbanized compared to Roar Island but it was known for its great fishing spots.

Kin Island provided knowledge and tradition to the archipelago; people would normally go visit it to hear the wise words of the priests as well as to visit the sacred temples that dictated the legend of the Dragonic Archipelago’s origins. Rin Island was known for providing tasty vegetables and berries to the whole of the archipelago, and their haunting skills were the best of them all. And lastly Tail Island which served as a training island where people from all over the archipelago could go and learn to fight and defend themselves along with their Pokémon partners.

And in the center of all this was Roar Island, also known as the place where only the best live. The island houses the palace that holds the kingdom up which is where the king of the archipelago lives. It is also houses the Dragonic Archipelago’s Council, where order and laws are established all throughout the island. While most people know this island to be the land of richest, most of the rich citizens live in the area around the palace while the rest of Roar Island are no different from the others.

Lot's of archipelagos. I understand that you kind of have to say it when you're saying the actual name "Dragonic Archipelago," but for at least one or two of the other times you could have said, "the islands," "kingdom," or something of the sort. It's just off-putting to read the word archipelago over and over.

Our story begins inside of the Roar Island Palace, the prince’s room to be précised.

I believe that should be just "precise".

Those two things aside, this chapter was very well written. I very much enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one. Peace!

the plot twist was amazing especalliy with reggies near death

Sorry for the really long way but I'll tell you the truth I got kind of lazy with this chapter, I wasn't busy or anything it's just the days went flying by and I even had a whole free week to write and I didn't do anything till last week.

Here's the chapter while it might seem a little off putting this is supposed to be more of an intro for the next one.

Also at the start this chapter takes place six months after the last one but as it goes time changes by a few days and such.

Chapter 36: Turn Back the Pendulum Part 2: War Starts

An explosion of black flames ran through the center of Roar Island, causing the people around to run in frenzy from the attacks, two completely black dragons flew out of the smoke and roared. The dragons had now come to be known as Darkan and the sightings of these dark Chigon evolutions has become common yet they’re still too powerful for normal people and Pokémon to handle it.

“Guess we won’t be taking a break huh little buddy,” came Raphael’s voice as he approached the scene, his red colored cape waving around with the wind, the cape had a sharp cross surrounded by a circle on the middle, the symbol being that of Raphael’s family bloodline. “You up for this?” he looked down to see his Chigon who nodded with a determined look, its hair had become longer and its body had grown a little but it was still pretty small.

“Chi,” Chigon stood before Raphael and bared its fangs. Raphael grinned as he reached for the sword strapped to his waist, revealing a crystal blue sword which glowed with the light of the sun. “Ryublade go!” he put the blade on the ground as a symbol similar to that on his cape began to be marked on the floor with a ray of blue light, the circle and cross being right under Raphael and Chigon as Chigon began glowing.

Chigon’s body grew large and began to expand as its wings retreated and were replaced by a golden colored armor that enveloped its body, the armor giving way for Chigon’s complete evolution, revealing a lion-like Pokémon with long dragonic claws, most of its body was covered by its armor except for the blond hairs that came out of the armor; it also had a long tail in the shape of a flail.

“Pangon show him what you’ve got,” Raphael grinned as Pangon slammed its feet down on the floor as hard as it could, summoning a powerful jolt of electricity through its spiked up fur. The lightning bolt struck one of the Darkan, causing it shriek in pain as it moved back; however the other Darkan flew towards Raphael from behind; it withdrawing its claw.

“I got you,” Raphael turned around with great speed, revealing that he was holding in a way so that it was pointing to the Darkan that was attacking from behind. Because the sword was covered by the cape the Darkan couldn’t retreat as it was stabbed, the sword piercing through its chest and causing it to scream as blood began dripping out of its wound, the Darkan then opened its mouth and fired a powerful jet of flames causing Raphael to jump back and get rid of his cape so that it caught on fire instead; this caused him to pull the sword out though.

“Good thing I have a spare,” Raphael wiped the sweat off his forehead, he just knew the tailor would fret at him for getting rid of yet another handmade cape; but it was part of the job. “We have to take care of these guys before they make a bigger commotion,” Pangon looked back as it nodded.

Raphael proceeded to get on top of Pangon’s back as the Pokémon raised its head, the wounded Darkan had regrouped with its partner, apparently telling it to be watchful for the human with the sword. The two began circling Pangon and Raphael making the latter assume a fighting stand as the dragons fired two jets of flames at them. “Now,” Pangon roared as loudly as it possibly could; making the flames spread and dissipate around and pushing the two dragons back. “Now use Thunder.”

Pangon’s hairs spiked up once more, electricity beginning to run through while clouds gathered around the sky. The two dragons saw what was coming and fired two more jets of flames, these ones collided with Pangon however and caused it to frown in pain, it managed to keep up with the attack though as a thunder fell from the sky hitting the two dragon Pokémon and causing them to roar in pain before they hit the ground hard; even making small holes on the floor.

“There’s nothing like a good job well done,” Raphael sighed and sheathed his sword once more; this in turn caused Pangon to glow as it lost its shape and size before it fully turned back into Chigon. According to Valentine Chigon was able to evolve at will depending on the power of stones called Crystals, these were searched for throughout the whole Archipelago and were used to create a sword for Raphael to use, the sword’s ability, that as long as its unsheathed Chigon can evolve into whatever form Raphael wants to. “Let’s go back,” Raphael grinned before giving Chigon a thumb up.

“Chi!” Chigon replied eagerly at its master, the two had developed a close bond during the last couple of months and Raphael no longer thought of Chigon as a nuisance.

While walking back to the castle Raphael noticed one of the maids running outside and towards him, she had a scared look on her face as if something really bad had happened in the castle, something that caused Raphael to instantly jump at the idea. Over the last couple of months his father Michael had developed a strange illness, while the Dragonic Archipelago was known for its medical advances even they couldn’t come up with what it was. “Lord Raphael, it’s your father he’s…he’s not well,” the maid panted as Raphael patted her back to try and get her to calm down.

“All right, thanks for telling me,” he replied with a soft tone so as to not make her worried more, he then let go of her and began heading towards the castle; though a faster pace this time. While in truth he still wasn’t completely friendly with his father he was still worried about his illness, besides Raphael still wasn’t ready to take the throne; especially with everything that’s going on.

After making it to the castle the guards led Raphael towards Michael’s room. Every step felt like a heavy sprint and every second passed like an hour as he thought about what his dad must be feeling and what could happen if he died.

As he entered the room he felt silence and grieve approach him, especially when he saw Rodin and Valentine sitting next to his bed. Valentine’s hair had gotten longer but that didn’t meant she had gotten uglier, in fact she was even more beautiful in Raphael’s mind now. After the last six months the two had gotten to know each other pretty well, so much that whenever Raphael wasn’t on a mission or Valentine wasn’t helping around the castle they would usually spend all of their time together.

Rodin surprisingly seemed older after the six months that had passed, he had grown a longer white beard now and his white hair had also gotten longer, not just that but he also had a scar on his eyes; the scar being the result of a rampaging Darkan that went out of control and ended up slashing Rodin’s right eye.

“How is he?” Raphael walked over to Valentine and patted her shoulder lightly as she turned around to look up at him before sobbing.

“They say he doesn’t have much time, he’ll be lucky if he makes it past tonight,” Valentine replied while looking down at King Michael who proceeded to cough in his sleep. “With everything that’s happening and now this.” She sighed a little and walked out of the room as Raphael turned to look at Rodin.

“Looks like King Michael’s time has come to pass and you’ll be taking the throne shortly,” Rodin replied before turning to look at Raphael and bowing down. “Prince Raphael, I hope you’re ready to carry out the duties of a king,”
“Duties of a king huh?” Raphael chuckled while looking at the floor as he walked out of the room, leaving Rodin alone with King Michael. He noticed Valentine was standing on the wall across from the room, she looking down at the floor gloomily. “Hey, are you okay?” Raphael walked over to her as she raised her head to look at him.

“It’s just that with everything going on, Darkans, the king’s illness it all seems too hard to handle,” she replied with a slight sob to her voice causing Raphael to wrap an arm around her and pull her closer, which in turn made Valentine blush lightly.

“I know, but we can’t give up,” Raphael turned Valentine around so that she would be looking up into his eyes as he trailed his hand down her hair softly. “I’ve been fighting all this time along with Chigon to stop the Darkan, I’ve been strong and I’m ready to become king in the name of my father and his dying will,” Raphael nodded his head, feeling better now that Valentine was beginning to smile.

“That’s why I know that things will get better, because with you here I just can’t let something bad happen to this kingdom,” Raphael moved his hands down her back and leaned forward along with Valentine as their lips locked with each other sending a bunch of different feelings circling around both of their minds, though one feeling was certain; happiness and love as the two split up before smiling at each other.

“Thanks, Raphael,” Valentine giggled softly before looking down at Chigon who was grinning widely. “Maybe he shouldn’t have seen that,” she had a nervous look now as Raphael knelt down and grabbed the small dragon.

“I don’t think he minds though,” Raphael laughed while Chigon began licking his face causing Valentine to giggle once more. “You go get some rest, I’ll stay here with dad and Rodin.”

“All right, see you later,” Valentine put her hands together before bowing down as she turned around and started walking through the hall, leaving Raphael along with the still grinning Chigon, she was worried but she knew she could count on them to protect the kingdom and everyone in it.

“Well then, let’s go talk to my dad, we have to say goodbye,” Raphael gained a sad smile at the thought, he wouldn’t be able to see his father anymore and that in itself was something that made him sad. No matter how much they argued and how much Raphael said he hated him, in truth his dad’s presence was a big part of his life, he was what made Raphael what he is today and for him to not be in his life anymore would be a big hit to the gut. With that Raphael took a long breath and walked back inside the room.

The next day was gloomy and there was literally no sunlight out, something that matched with the whole Archipelago. Everyone in Roar Island surrounded the castle as they mourned the death of King Michael who had just died the night before in his sleep.

Inside the castle Raphael along with Rodin and Valentine looked down at the corpse of the previous king, he had been put in a coffin but they still haven’t closed the top lid. After some thinking Raphael decided to leave him as he had died instead of changing him, his father might’ve been reliant on his title as king but he didn’t want people to see him well dressed if he was just gonna be buried anyway. “So he died in his sleep huh?” Valentine tugged on Raphael’s sleeved; though the prince didn’t reply as he looked down at his father’s corpse.

“Yeah,” Rodin replied, knowing Raphael was too worried at the moment to think of an answer to Valentine’s question.

“It’s time,” a man with a black suit walked over to Raphael who in turned nodded and turned around while the man closed the top half of the coffin. “We’ll bury him now.”

“Do as you like,” was all that came out of Raphael’s mouth as he walked out of the building, causing the villagers to quickly rise as he walked by and towards the entrance of the castle. He paid no mind, no mind to the villagers or the fact he’ll be crowned king by the end of the week, he only thought about all the times he shared with his dad and how much he regretted not treating him as he deserved to be.

That night Raphael was looking up at the roof of his room, his mind was running with all sorts of ideas except for sleeping, something that annoyed Raphael to no end. He moved around the bed, a normal person would’ve fallen sleep immediately considering how comfy the pillows were; but for Raphael they were as hard as stone causing him to stir even more.

His father had just died, meaning he’ll become king soon enough, something that Raphael still didn’t think he was ready for. Besides that they still have the problem of Darkan, this dark Pokémon whose origin was still unknown to anyone in the knight order. And last but not least, his wedding, he was due to marry Valentine and although the idea didn’t bother Raphael anymore he just didn’t think he was good enough, his duties as king would get in the way and he didn’t want to burden Valentine.

At that moment Raphael turned around and raised his head, he had heard the creak of the door; something which scared him since no one interrupted him unless it was important. “Rodin?”

“It’s me,” came Valentine’s as she stuck her head out from the opening between the door and the wall. “I wanted to see how you were,” she replied as she walked in closing the door behind her as Raphael raised his head to look at her better, she was wearing a white night gown which trailed down her body showing off her figure, her hair was undone but it didn’t affect her beauty at all.

“I’m just having some trouble sleeping,” Raphael replied, glad that the darkness was hiding his blush. “You shouldn’t be here, it’ll be scandalous if they find you here before the wedding,” Raphael warned while nodding his head.

“I don’t care about that,” Valentine walked over to the bed before sitting by the corner right in front of Raphael, she looking down at him with caring eyes. “We’re going to be husband and wife soon and as your wife I have to help you,” she replied stretching her hand lightly to grab Raphael’s.

Raphael smiled while looking at their hands intertwined, he looked up to see Valentine’s smiled. She was right, they were always there for each other and they’ll have to be there for each other from now on. “That’s true, I know that as long as I’m with you, I’ll be fine,” Raphael sat up on the bed before leaning forward and kissing Valerie, the kiss being more passionate than last time as the love between the two had increased as well. “I love you,”

“I think the same thing,” Valentine smiled warmly before kissing him again and pushing him down on the bed with the weight of her body.

“And with that we crown our new king, King Raphael!” came the voice of Rodin as he laid the golden colored crown on Raphael’s head, who in turned stood up and smiled at the crowd that had gathered inside the throne room. About half the kingdom must’ve been there and by Raphael’s request most of the people were the people living in the city rather than just the nobles.

“And I accept this title completely,” Raphael replied before looking around the room then at Valerie, she was smiling up at him and was standing next to her advisor Ziru, though unlike Valentine Raphael didn’t get along with him, they had always kept a bad relationship especially every time Ziru showed resentment at Raphael being the one to get Chigon.

“Chi,” Raphael turned around to see Chigon running towards him and the guards to try and get him to calm down; to no avail of course. Raphael opened up his arms as Chigon jumped between them before turning to the audience. “Chi!” it screamed causing the people to laugh at the little dragon’s antics.

Just then the large wooden doors burst open, showing a pair of jets composed of black flames from the door. Raphael and everyone got into their fighting stances as they saw a pair of Darkan coming in along with a man that hand long spiky black hair, he had a fairly white skin along with scars all over his face and a pair of red eyes. He was wearing a long sleeved dress shirt and a pair of black pants and he had a confident smug on his face. “Sorry for interrupting this, my king,” he mocked before bowing and snickering at Raphael.

“Who the hell are you!” Raphael yelled, fury visible in his eyes as he saw the two Darkan that were surrounding the man. “And why are those two Pokémon with you.”

“They’re mine after all,” the man chuckled while petting the Darkan softly, who responded with purrs of delight. “All of them are after they evolve into these little beauties,” this caused everyone that was in the building to gasp and some people stepped back as well as hiding the children from what could happen.

“You’re the one that’s been giving this kingdom so much trouble, why!?” Raphael roared before unsheathing his sword as Chigon stepped forward with a glare.

“Because you’re not fit to be king,” the man shrugged lightly and walked forward a little, now standing in the middle of the room. “That little dragon of yours, I should have it, in fact, this kingdom should be mine!” he roared before going into a laughing fit as Raphael was kept from stepping down and charging towards him by the guards and Valentine. “That piece of beauty should be my fiancé not yours, the title of prince and son of King Michael should be mine.” He stomped his left foot forward while grinning maliciously at Raphael. “After all, I’m your brother.”

Raphael stopped struggling on the guard’s holds as he looked down at the man who had just revealed something completely unbelievable. He had never heard of a brother, nothing not even people talking around the castle which could usually happen even if they’re ordered not to talk about a certain subject. “The…there’s no way.” He turned to look over at Rodin who had a sorrowful look on his face. “Rodin, it isn’t true isn’t it.”

“I didn’t think this day would come, you should be dead…Shroud,” Rodin glared at the man who was now known to Raphael was Shroud. Shroud chuckled before bowing once more.

“I was rescued by a very kind man, someone that revealed to me a key to becoming king,” he raised his arm before pointing at Raphael and grinning yet again. “I easily have an army of Darkan on my side Raphael, and they’re all ready to kill at my order of course. So if you don’t want your kingdom to burn give me the title.” He proposed while crossing his arms. “You also have to give me that Chigon you have.”

“Never!” Raphael roared once more while clenching his sword so hard that his hand almost bled. The whole kingdom gasped in return, Raphael, he had just declared war against Shroud and his army of Darkan, completely forgetting about the whole kingdom’s fate.

“Raphael,” Valentine muttered as she looked at Raphael’s look of fury.

“It’s war then,” Shroud opened up his arms before turning around and beginning to walk off. “See you all in hell!” he yelled before laughing as he walked off with the Darkan.

Raphael gritted his teeth yet again before throwing the guards down and charging forward with his sword in hand. However, before he could even reach halfway through he was stopped by Ziru, who pushed him back. “Don’t do it my king, if you go you’ll surely die.” Raphael glared at Ziru before screaming one last time and stepping back.

“Raphael I’m sorry,” Valentine walked over and wrapped his arms around him before the now announced king turned around and began crying on her shoulder. “It’ll be okay, I swear,” Valentine reassured as she patted his shoulder.

“Chi,” Chigon cocked its head to the right in curiosity at the situation.

Everyone in the kingdom was taking refuge, everyone except for the soldier that had signed up to participate in the war against the Darkan that is. Soldiers were lined up along with their Pokémon, ready to strike once Raphael gave the order to; even if most of them were scared out of their wits.

Raphael sighed; Chigon was on his shoulder as the two looked out at the sea from the top of the castle’s tower. “Are you ready my lord,” Raphael turned around to see Rodin walking towards him, he was wearing a silver colored armor, though the fact that it already had its share of battles was visible by all the spots that were still a little bit opened. “They didn’t have time to make me a new armor so I’ll have to settle, I’m just an old man anyway so I shouldn’t worry.”

“You’re crazy Rodin,” Raphael shook his head before walking over to his advisor and patting him on the shoulder. “There’s no one else that I’ll want standing by my side, you’re like a second father to me so it’s only fair.” Raphael smiled before Chigon flew out from his shoulder and on to Rodin’s. “And it looks like he thinks the same,” Raphael chuckled as he walked back to where he was standing. He clenched his fist as a flock of black creatures was visible from far away.

“It’s them,” Rodin spoke solemnly as the horns of battle were heard all over the Archipelago. “We made sure lady Valentine was all right she’s with Ziru.”

“All right,” Raphael replied as he unsheathed his sword and began running out of the room. “Let’s go Rodin, war awaits us,” with that he ran off, sword in hand and Chigon flying right behind him.

To Be Continued….

End of Chapter 36
Next Time: Turn Back the Pendulum Part 3 The End and The Beginning

So what did you think, I didn't have time re-read it completely so there are probably some mistakes but I hope you liked the rest of the chapter and the next one will hopefully come out faster.

I liked it.Is Reggie's sword the same as Raphael's?

I'm going to jot off a quick review now. Plot, characterization, same as normal. They're great, and both have advanced well, particularly characterization.
The main issue in this chapter is grammar. When I look through it, it's getting more and more difficult to understand the chapter itself because of it. THe main thing is commas, though there are also apostrophe, punctuation, etc., scattered through the story. There's so much at some points that it's seriously hampering the success of your story. That's the main problem in this chapter; other than that, it was good.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom