• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar

Nah don't worry, the fact that you actually gave me a full fledged review ( no matter if it's only up to the second chapter) makes it all the worthwhile Zekrom.

Well you're not the first one to find my secret. Yep, I came up with the original idea for Dragon's Roar while watching Dragon Drive and Yu Gi Oh GX but I added some changes considering the fact that unlike Reiji, Reggie is insecure and tries to keep quiet I am guilty about the Miko thing but as the story goes I've actually developed her into her own character.

But yeah some of the original drafts were based around that anime, and even characters besides the three you mentioned have personalities similar to the ones on Dragon Drive or at least at the beginning. But don't worry they won't be going to another world that'll be overdoing it way too much.

Yeah I liked the chapter two I honestly wanted to make it longer but at the time Chigon still couldn't use its wings on his own will and Gyarados can't come out of water so a chase scene didn't seem to possible for me at the time.

My only hope will be that you keep reading and if you do (then I hope that the final grade will hopefully go up) I'll be really thankful.

Nah don't worry, the fact that you actually gave me a full fledged review ( no matter if it's only up to the second chapter) makes it all the worthwhile Zekrom.

Zek*rom, please. XD "Zekurom" is also fine.

Well you're not the first one to find my secret. Yep, I came up with the original idea for Dragon's Roar while watching Dragon Drive and Yu Gi Oh GX but I added some changes considering the fact that unlike Reiji, Reggie is insecure and tries to keep quiet I am guilty about the Miko thing but as the story goes I've actually developed her into her own character.

I may not be the first one, but I found it independently. :cheers:

But yeah some of the original drafts were based around that anime, and even characters besides the three you mentioned have personalities similar to the ones on Dragon Drive or at least at the beginning. But don't worry they won't be going to another world that'll be overdoing it way too much.

Ehh, that's fine. There are probably other characters (I assume you have one based on Ichiro Sumishiba?) that I just haven't read up to yet.

Yeah I liked the chapter two I honestly wanted to make it longer but at the time Chigon still couldn't use its wings on his own will and Gyarados can't come out of water so a chase scene didn't seem to possible for me at the time.

You know, I'm now more concerned about whether Chigon evolves into senkoukura!Chigon or not. XD

My only hope will be that you keep reading and if you do (then I hope that the final grade will hopefully go up) I'll be really thankful.

Indeed. I'll be putting this on a to-read list or something. And then forget about that list altogether. :XD2:

Zoroark's attack from the tournament is like the Devilmite Beam, or even a perverse Spirit Bomb.

Also, nice surprise with Alagon evolving.

It's nice to catch up. Ha Jack falling for a darmanitan, But The shroud thing. Rob's Anticipate made him shiver!

Whoo! Shroud! Nice to see the plot progressin' smoothly. I wonder how Reggie's gonna get her outta this =L

All caught up. This is really getting exciting.

There was a lot that went on in this chapter. It was pretty confusing for me and actually took a re-read of both the previous chapter and this one before I had any real idea as to what was going on. Judging by the way Reggie acts at the beginning it's almost like I missed something. Maybe I did, but I don't think so. First of all, Reggie doesn't seem to act remotely surprised that the students have been rounded up. It's almost like he knew this was going to happen, but I don't see anything that says that he did. Second, why didn't he have the sword with him? You'd think that he would keep it with him everywhere he goes, and it didn't really give a good reason as to why he didn't have it.

There were a couple other things, but those two were the most prominent. Again, it was pretty late when I read this and I was tired. I'll probably end up going back to read it again. Overall, try to avoid doing stuff just because the plot says it would be cool, explain all of your characters' motivations, remember that your characters don't know everything about the story that you do, and above all, slow down! Take it easy, go back and read the chapter a couple times when you finish it. I even find it helpful to let it sit for a day or two, and then read it one more time before I post it.

I hope this didn't come across as too negative, it was an exciting chapter and as good as ever. I just felt like leaving another two line review about how awesome this was would be boring.

But I did re-read it.

Reggie was surprised by the students being rounded up hence why he gasped when he saw them, but he knew that if he pondered on it too long he would get found out and then it would be trouble. As for the sword, he gave it to Jack, it even says so when he's battling Zivok since the name of the sword is Ryu Blade.

It didn't come as too negative but I wanna know what you were referring to when you said that the characters didn't do stuff because they thought it was more convenient with the plot, I try to keep it realistic, not just cause of plot because there are always thing that slip out a person's mind in dangerous situation and this is what happened in these cases.

OK, here goes my review.
Grammar
This one's still iffy. Let's take the first paragraph.

“I knew I should’ve told Mr. Briney to stay on the island,” Reggie grabbed on to the feathers on Jack’s Braviary, though they felt kind of rub for his hands, almost as if they were cutting his hands little by little, Jack however was leading the flying type and not paying attention to Reggie’s whining. “Are you listening to me?” Reggie raised an eyebrow.

Far more effective as

"I knew I should've told Mr. Briney to stay on the island," Reggie grumbled, grabbing onto Jack's Braviary's feathers. They felt rough to his hands, almost as if they were slicing into his flesh. Jack, however, was leading the flying type and not paying attention to Jack's whining. "Are you listening to me?," Reggie asked, raising an eyebrow.

Now, go through it again, and you'll see that there are missed commas and just the sentence flow is messed up. I see more instances of this throughout the whole chapter, and it's really restricting the potential of this story.

Oh, and tense.
Reggie was hiding on the wall close to the door as it closed and the Duskull went back to keeping the students in check. Reggie began thinking of how to get his Pokémon in, it’d be stupid to just jump and fight so he had to make sure his Pokémon was able to take a couple out, preferably the ones on the entrance, before he could enter.

Spelling
Few mistakes. Take the first sentence again.
though they felt kind of rub for his hands

I really don't understand that.

Stuff like that is a bit confusing.

Plot
Well, this is favorable. I enjoyed this section of the story, it was quite entertaining. I also enjoyed the idea of the "Duskull invasion," that was a nice touch. And now Miko...I really don't know what they're going to do now, this is certainly interesting. It's not what I expected, but it's a definite twist. Great job plot-wise.

It's almost there. Like, if all the grammar was fixed, it would be just awesome. So close, so I would work on that, but good job otherwise.

But I did re-read it.

No worries then, that advice was more about writing in general.

Reggie was surprised by the students being rounded up hence why he gasped when he saw them, but he knew that if he pondered on it too long he would get found out and then it would be trouble.

Fair enough, but I was more referring to the fact that he never seems to wonder what's going on. It's a little nitpicky, nothing to worry too much about.

As for the sword, he gave it to Jack, it even says so when he's battling Zivok since the name of the sword is Ryu Blade.

I thought I'd missed something. Why give it to Jack, though? What's he going to do with it? You probably explained that, perhaps I should go back and read again. Again, don't worry about it too much, it's just my inner skeptic showing.

It didn't come as too negative but I wanna know what you were referring to when you said that the characters didn't do stuff because they thought it was more convenient with the plot, I try to keep it realistic, not just cause of plot because there are always thing that slip out a person's mind in dangerous situation and this is what happened in these cases.

I was referring to the sword thing, but we got that figured out. It didn't appear that Reggie had a reason to not have the sword. My apologies, please forgive me :unworthy:

You have a very complicated story with a lot of plot devices and characters, I can't imagine how difficult it is to juggle them all. Keep it up, bro! :party:

Yeah, I guess I didn't explain the reason why he gave it to Jack, he mostly gave him to him because Reggie knew Jack would end up fighting Zivok and he needed something to defend with besides his Pokemon, at the time Reggie didn't thought he'll need it either way.

So here it is, the last chapter of this arc and the last time we'll see Reggie and the others for a while, this also brings a conclusion to the events of the last two chapters as well as putting future events in motion.

Also, thanks for nominating this fic in the awards, I'm kind of sad I didn't get to win an award but that means I have to change stuff, so if you want to I would like you to be completely honest about what I have to change for this story.

Chapter 34: Mission Failed

Fin panted as he rested his body against the rock wall, it was also so cold Fin felt as if his lungs had frozen over and the oxygen couldn’t even get through. “There’s just no way,” he looked down to notice his beaten up Pachirisu and Carracosta, along with Floatzel who was frozen in a large block of ice. “I knew legendaries were strong, but I can’t believe it could have so much power and speed.”

“Where are you little trainer!” came the voice of Neptune, one that was enough to make Fin’s skin crawl considering the events that had transpired in the last half hour. After Neptune sent out Suicune he only ended up getting deeper into the cave rather than catching up with Darren, in fact at that moment he didn’t even care if Darren was okay or not he had to find a way to get out of the woods himself. “Come on, I don’t like to leave my games unfinished!” Neptune called out as his voice got closer to Fin.

“Like hell I’ll come out,” Fin muttered, he reached the empty pokeballs that were strapped to his belt and proceeded to return his three Pokémon. Fin got up began crawling through the ground; he knew that if Neptune heard the slightest of sound, no, even if Suicune heard the slightest of sound it could catch and freeze Fin in a breeze.

“If you’re not willing to get out, then I’ll just have to make you,” Neptune walked over to Suicune before mounting himself on top of it as he looked around the cave room. “Fire Aurora Beams till you drop,” Suicune let out a melodic roared before it fired a barrage of rainbow colored beams all over the cave, causing rocks slides as well as freezing rocks, walls and any unlucky Pokémon that happened to be nearby.

Fin didn’t have another choice but to run for dear life, good thing too since an Aurora Beam blew the rock he was hiding on. Neptune saw this and had Suicune sprint towards Fin. The Legendary Pokémon skipped as it raised its hind legs for more impulse. Fin turned to look back at Suicune as he grabbed his Lapras and Dragonair’s pokeball, after he saw the first rounds of ice attacks he returned Dragonair to keep it away from danger and he wouldn’t be able to command four Pokémon at once so Lapras was to be kept in reserve.

“You won’t get away from me,” Suicune jumped one last time and landed right in front of Fin, it slid on the floor before its eyes glowed. Fin felt strange, he was stretching his hand, that he was sure of but it didn’t seem like it was moving at all, that’s when he noticed that his hand was beginning to move out of place and it wasn’t just his hand, his legs were pointing backwards and a swirl was made on his chest.

“What’s going on!?” Fin screamed and tried to run, to scream for someone to help him, but nothing came out as he felt his body begin to spin around, like he was being twisted around like some useless toy. And then it stopped, only for him to feel his body being blasted to the floor by a powerful current of energy.

“Extrasensory is really nice isn’t it,” Neptune chuckled while petting Suicune, he was more than happy with the Pokémon to say the least. “Such a beautiful and strong Pokémon, you’re indeed the perfect legendary,” Suicune nodded, though it didn’t seem to show any emotion towards its new master.

Fin rolled on his side and began coughing up blood over and over, he clenched on to his stomach as he literally felt like he was going to cough up a lung; and of course the blood didn’t help matters either. “You…bastard…”Fin managed to blurt out at least that before coughing another round of blood.

“You know, I heard you were the son of two Elite 4 members,” Neptune crossed his arms before he walked over to Fin, he stuck his foot out and put it over Fin’s head; he didn’t add force to it but it seemed he was eager to do so. “But, you disappointed me to say the least, the fact that you returned those two Pokémon without actually letting them fight, are you that scared of not been able to use your family’s legacy.”

Fin just looked up at Neptune with a glare, mostly because he knew that if he even tried to talk he’ll be pushing a lot more than words out of his mouth. “Extrasensory is no big thing when it’s used on a Pokémon, but it’s psychological levels are so powerful that it could kill a human depending on how much strength its used,” he then looked back at Suicune and patted its head. “And since Suicune is a legendary and in my care, he won’t be going easy unless I tell him to.” He then smiled at Fin and finally kicked him on the gut, causing the trainer to roll to his other side and put his hand close to his mouth to hold back the blood. “Die like the worm you are you weakling!” Neptune scream before going into a laughing fit as he turned back to the legendary Pokémon.

“Let’s go Suicune,” Suicune nodded its head before it began following its trainers, however it looked back at Fin for a while, a look of regret and lament in its eyes as it stayed close to Neptune.

“You’re starting to piss me off!” Incendio screamed as he walked through the lush forest of Kin Island, he slapped a couple of plants away as he trailed back to his steps. Next to him was Entei who had stayed quiet since the two started chasing after Darren. “That kid, he just took off after he saw you, guess you really are that scary to other people,” Incendio chuckled.

Darren was looking down at Incendio, he had climbed on top of a tree and had moved around on the branches ever since. “I can’t beat a legendary without a proper strategy,” Darren bit his thumb slightly before looking down at his pokeball belt. Charizard was still injured from its fight against Pyrgon and as thus it wasn’t with Darren, Zoroark was still able to fight but it wouldn’t be able to cause much damage to a legendary, Honcrhow, and Houndour were both out and he couldn’t risk Pikachu. Darren slid his hand to the last two pokeballs on his belt; Gyarados or Salamance, Salamance was strong and Gyarados as well, and Darren knew that with those two combined he had a chance.

He leaned back against the tree, letting the dry bark touch his body as he put his hand on it as well. “Zoroark, Gyarados and Salamance, I got it,” Darren grinned, he had found the light through the tunnel and was ready to take advantage of that fact.

Incendio looked around the forest once more, before a couple of leafs hit his face, followed by Darren landing on the floor, the trainer looked back at him before turning around and dashing off. “So you’re still running, but at least I can see you, Entei,” Entei roared and fired a jet of flames; however Darren took a turn just in time and avoided the attack. “Let’s go!” Incendio exclaimed and began following Darren’s steps.

“You won’t be able to get away from me,” Incendio jumped on top of Entei’s back and had it sprint after Darren. He sped through the trees and branches of the forest as the area became humid, meaning they were nearing water. “Where is he heading?” Incendio asked himself before seeing Darren stop outside.

Once he came to a stop he noticed that the two were standing in front of a small lake, Darren was in front of the edge of the lake before turning to look back at Incendio. “Looks like you’re in a dead end,” Incendio chuckled before getting off from Entei and having it approach Darren.

Darren turned around slowly before grinning, this caused Incendio to move back as he saw Darren’s Gyarados come out from the water and roared high into the sky. “Surf!” Incendio was about to let out a command before he heard the counter command coming from behind him, he gasped as he noticed Darren standing on top of his Salamance. Incendio looked back at the other Darren only to see Zoroark standing in his place, however Zoroark quickly jump out of the way, allowing for Gyarados to slam a powerful tidal wave.

“Got you,” Darren raised his thumb before putting it down and ordering his Salamance to fly into the sky, Incendio jumped on top of Entei and braced himself as the water washed over the two, pushing them back against the trees and stopping them from counter attacking.

“Entei, don’t let this brat defeat us, use Eruption!” Incendio roared as the ground began to shake all around the island. Darren gritted his teeth just before a powerful blast of Magma erupted from the water, sending Gyarados into a fit of rage as its body was enveloped by the flames. “Now you’re next, Entei show him a Fire Blast,”

“Zoroark, Night Slash,” Zoroark came from behind Entei and Incendio, it stuck its claw out and slashed at the legendary Pokémon, causing it to jump back to avoid further damage, this also caused the blood coming out from its wound to sprinkle around the grass. “You’re dead, Salamance, Draco Meteor.”

“Not if I can stop you, Entei fire an Overheat!” Entei’s mane rose and was surrounded by an orange aura as it materialized a sphere of fire on the tip of its mouth. Zoroark saw this and dived in for another Night Slash attack, however Entei was faster this time and fired a powerful blast of orange colored flames, Zoroark was surrounded by the flames before a loud explosion rang out. “Stop that Salamance!” Incendio roared in anger, the skies darkening around the island while a grin crossed Darren’s face.

Suddenly meteors began falling from the sky and landing all over the island, most of them landing around the area were Darren and Incendio were, Incendio and Entei began jumping out of the way to try and avoid the meteors but it was futile. “No,” Incendio gritted his teeth as two meteors hit simultaneously sending him and Entei rolling around on the floor.

“Just because you have a legendary Pokémon it doesn’t mean you’re legendarily strong,” Darren grinned amusingly before landing down with Salamance, he took out Gyarados’s pokeball and proceeded to return the burned dragon. “Good job Gyarados, sorry I had to make you an escape goat for my plans.” Darren got up only to hear the rustling of the bushes nearby as the weather got colder.

“I see that idiot Incendio wasn’t able to beat you,” Darren turned around to look at Neptune and Suicune, who had walked into the scene and gone to check on their two comrades, while Entei got up easily Incendio had to be put on Neptune’s back so that he could carry him. “I suggest you forget about fighting me and focus on your friend, or he’ll die.”

“Who says I wasn’t gonna do that?” Darren asked him before returning Zoroark and getting on top of Salamance, he himself knew that Neptune was stronger and more capable than Incendio, especially if he managed to defeat Fin so easily; besides if Fin was as badly injured as Darren thought, then fighting Neptune was the last thing he had to do.

“You’re getting soft,” Neptune pointed out while looking up at Darren with curious eyes. “The first time we met, I could feel hatred like no other; you didn’t care about humanity back then…but now,”

Darren scoffed before chuckling a little in amusement. “Don’t get carried away,” he stretched his left arm out and pulled it back so that he could point at himself with his thumb. “I haven’t changed one bit, but if I let Fin die now then not only will the others get mad at me but I’ll lose someone that I can use to complete my goals,” he replied while glaring down at Neptune. Neptune just chuckled, he could still see it. Darren’s spirit had changed even if the actual person was unwilling to admit it.

“See, just then, you admitted it without realizing it,” Neptune replied as he put Incendio on Suicune’s now since he was beginning to get heavy. “The fact that you called that guy by his name, and that you care about what those other brats think of your choice, not just that but by saying that he’s someone you can use, it’s the same as saying that you need help to accomplish your goal,” Darren gritted his teeth, keeping the faux personality wasn’t helping him; and hearing Neptune speak the horrible truth wouldn’t either. With that, Daren had Salamance fly off towards the cave, however, the words Neptune had spoken didn’t stop hitting him.

Reggie stood motionless as he saw a Shroud possessed Miko grin at him, a look of obvious malice and desire to kill escaping from her eyes and whole presence. “What did you do to Miko?” Reggie barely managed to get the words out from his mouth since his whole body and mind felt like they were about to give out.

“It was actually quite easy,” Zivok replied with a slight nod, he patted Miko on the shoulder before stepping forward and looking at Reggie with a grin, though for Reggie this accounted as something to be feared. “When you entered the caves of Kin Island, you weren’t the only one that resonated with Shroud, there was someone else, someone with an equally weak and fragile soul,” Zivok looked back at the possessed Miko before turning back to Reggie.

“The girl proved to be an equally sufficient vessel if I do say so myself,” Shroud spoke, finally letting out words from Miko’s mouth, while the voice sounded the same the tone was different as if all of her anger and hatred was being put into her voice. “You see, I feed on the souls of people that have been through lives that they simply aren’t satisfied with, like say, wanting people to acknowledge your existence.” Reggie gasped as the memories came back to him, the memory of being defeated by Jack and mocked by everyone for his weakness; the feeling of loneliness and despair. “Or in this girl’s case, the feeling of actually wanting to be loved,”

“What do you mean, wanting to be loved?” Reggie asked with clenched teeth as he withdrew his hand to get a Pokeball, all the while Chigon was keeping a battle stand as well. “Everyone loves Miko, we’re all…”

“Before you keep talking, stop and ask yourself, do you really know this girl Miko?” Shroud asked making Reggie’s eyes widen at the question. Aside from the academy, he hadn’t spoken to Miko about her life, not even where she lived or anything, in fact since they came back from winter vacation he’s barely talked to her at all. “She lives a life where her own parents degrade her, her whole family looks down on her for being different, she spends most nights reading and alone while everyone else is enjoying themselves, and yet she tries to cling to the slightest ray of light that shines through, even if it’s really dim.”

“But that dim light is vanishing slowly and painfully, she watches as her friends leave her behind, barely recognizing her presence and sees how her usefulness is wasting and also sees…how her love disappears completely,” Shroud pointed at Reggie as the boy felt a wave of darkness wash over his body, the wave being so powerful, so cold and destructive that it made him fall to his knees as he clenched his fists. “This girl, she’s got a dark soul, she belongs in the darkness, she belongs to me now!” Shroud screamed before going into a fit of laughter, though he had to stop after Zivok put his hand on Shroud’s shoulder. “Granted, I don’t like being stuck on a female’s body when I myself am a man, but for a soul as good as this one I don’t care.”

“That’s enough for one day Shroud, let’s go,” Zivok spoke before sending out his Hydreigon, even he knew that they were going over the top by now.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Shroud nodded his head in agreement before jumping on Hydreigon next to Zivok, as they began to ascend into the air though he looked back at Reggie with a grin. “Till we meet again boy, I’ll be waiting anxiously to see how you free this girl,” he laughed maniacally as the two vanished from Reggie’s sight.

Reggie just kept looking into the sky, the encounter sinking in slowly as memories of Miko began running back through his head. All that time, he never even gave a though, that maybe she was just as lonely as him, that her bravado was probably all just a way for her to try and hide her anger and loneliness. Reggie looked down at the floor his body feeling as if it was about to fall through it. And then, it happened, tears began running down Reggie’s eyes as he put his arms down and laid his head on the floor and he just stayed there, crying his heart out as Chigon assumed an equally sad look and sat next to its master; however, it too knew that the best way for him to calm down was to let his feelings out.

Reggie looked around Charles’s office, Jack was sitting down on the nearest couch, the left half of his body bandaged up after the damage he received in his battle against Zivok. On the other side were Valerie, Marie and Jordan, who was also bandaged up. At the entrance of the office was Darren with his arms crossed, waiting for Charles to speak to the group; from what Reggie had heard though Fin had been sent to the hospital due to the damages from the Extrasensory attack.

“I’m glad to see that all of you could make it,” Charles nodded his head solemnly; he knew that they were all pretty shocked by the ongoing events and as thus he picked his words carefully. “As you know, Miko Sekai was possessed by Shroud, the evil spirit in Kin Island that had already possessed Reggie before.”

“We know that, what we don’t know is how to get him out,” Jack pointed out, his face full of rage due to his defeat. “I mean, do we have to shock her till it jumps out like what happened with Reggie?” Charles just looked up at Jack before shifting to the other students in the room.

“We all want to save our friend principal, please tell us?” Valerie asked with begging eyes, in the last couple of months she had gotten really close to Miko; not just that but she could see how much Reggie was grieving for failing to protect her. Reggie looked at Valerie who walked over and gave him a light hug.

“All right then,” Charles nodded his head slowly. “But, if you want to know that, you have to know the whole story first mainly the origins of Shroud and,” Charles got up before pointing at Chigon who was on Reggie’s shoulder. “Chigon’s origins as well,” everyone looked at the small dragon who had a confused look on its face.

“Wait, I thought we already knew everything about Chigon?” Reggie turned to Charles who looked in the drawer inside his desk and took out a small glass bottle of whisky. “I mean, you already told us about that Dragonic Civilization and how he was a sort of sacred Pokémon,” he pointed out while Charles poured himself a glass.

“True, but there are some things I wanted to save for later,” Charles replied, sitting down and sipping some of the whisky before motioning the students to sit down as well. “It’s about your connection with Chigon, Reggie, it wasn’t just some random leap of faith,” Charles reassured, though everyone stopped looking at him once they saw the door opening and Darren walking out; Reggie, of course followed him to check what was going on.

“Hey Darren, what’s going on?” Reggie asked as he walked behind Darren. The white haired teenager turned back around to show his glare to Reggie. “What’s with those eyes?”

“I don’t need to stay here, I have to get stronger for next time,” Darren groaned, from what Reggie could see he practically had to squeeze the words out of his mouth.

“I know you’re mad, but we all failed and one part of failing is that….”

“I didn’t fail!” a loud crash was heard from Darren’s fist colliding with the wall, though it didn’t even scratch the wall compared to what it did to Darren’s hand. “I won my battle, I could’ve done that other guy in if your stupid friend hadn’t been so weak!” he yelled causing the discussion to be heard from inside the room. “It’s your fault that we lost the battle and Miko!”

“Darren, I know that me, Fin and Jack did some stupid things but,” Reggie clenched his fist, not able to say anything as he looked up at Darren. “We’re a team, you can’t just leave like that,” he replied with a distressed tone in his voice, Darren just snickered before turning around and taking a couple of steps forward.

“I never said I was part of your team, I said I needed your help,” he corrected, causing Reggie to gasp, was it all a lie, about Darren finally changing his ways and wanting to be friends. “But turns out I was wrong,” he muttered under his breath and with that, he walked away leaving Reggie alone in the hall way till he was able to summon the strength to go back into the room.

“Guess he won’t be joining us,” Charles spoke once he saw Reggie come in; though the Charizard Flame student didn’t answer and just looked over at him. “Reggie, Valerie, step up,” Valerie and Reggie both looked at each other with curiosity before walking towards Charles; though he stopped them just in front of his desk.

“Now, if you’ll touch this sphere,” Charles pointed over to the orange sphere on top of his desk. It had always intrigued Reggie; there was some kind of energy spiraling around the sphere something that seemed to just draw him towards it. Both Valerie and him shrugged and stretched their hands out till they touched the sphere.

Once they did this the whole room changed though, it became dark, except for the people in it who gasped at the sudden change of things. Then it became as clear as day and they were all floating in the sky. “What’s going on?” Marie asked as she looked down to see the islands that composed the academy. They were different though, all the islands were populated by large palace looking building. The main island itself seemed to resemble a kingdom with all kinds of buildings from big and small. All the other islands as well, though they were smaller and had less buildings.

“What’s going on?” Reggie asked with an astounded look on his face, he then looked over at Charles who had gone back to drinking his whisky.

“This is what used to be the Academy Archipelago,” Charles replied. “The Dragonic Archipelago Circa 1600 years ago,” everyone stepped back a little, except for Chigon who was looking down at the buildings with a bit of a nostalgic look on its face. “And, Chigon’s old home.”

End of Chapter 34
Next Time: Turn Back the Pendulum Part 1: The Birth of Light and Darkness

Yeah, sorry I skipped most of Fin's and Darren's battle, but I wanted to move fast with this chapter and I knew that trying to come up with strategies would hold me back.

So what did you think of this chapter, Miko turning evil and Darren disbanding from the group and what do you expect from the next arc where the only characters you know are Chigon and
Shroud

I'm definitely looking forward to the next set of chapters, Flame.

This was very good.

A couple nitpicks:
The paragraph spacing was inconsistent in some parts. I felt it kind of interrupted the flow. Also, you kind of skipped what exactly happened to Fin. My only suggestion for the future is to slow things down, there's so much going on that it's hard to keep track.

Good stuff:
I liked the expansion on Darren's already expansive character. It seems like Neptune's comments really got to him. I also like how you made legendaries totally badass. I'd always figured that they'd be freaky powerful, despite how easy they were to beat in the games.

All in all, a good chapter. Keep it up!

Hmmm. How about Shroud is... ah stuff it, I'll pm you with my idea.

Darren is a very well thought-out character, as I've said before at times. He is one of the better characters I've seen around here.

Great work, Flame.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom