• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (PG 13 to R)

Good news:
Epicness.
The surprise at the end. Chigon's unconscious?!?!? Oh, great. The only possibility is for Zard to also be unconscious.
Pyrgon
Pure awesomeness.
Zoroark pwnage.
Dragon pain thing.

Bad part:
It was a long chapter, so I guess it was unavoidable, but...grammar. You used asterisks once, italics would work better. You need quite a few commas as well.

“Gotta admit, I wasn’t preparing myself for a second attack,” Reggie frowned, he only had Azumarill, Donphan, Monferno and Chigon left, all of which Darren knew already. While he was sure Darren probably still had Charizard he couldn’t be sure if the other one was Pikachu or Salamance or Aggron. He sighed and grabbed his next pokeball. “Go Azumarill!” he yelled and sent Azumarill out into the field, the Pokémon began dancing around the field.

How does he already know Darren has Pikachu?

So, it was epic, but I think you should take a few extra days on the other one and proofread. The grammar is slightly distracting to the awesome plot.
Well done!

Instrutilus said:
“You’re an idiot, but it wouldn’t hurt,” Brendan looked at both Incendio and Neptune with a glare as he took off his glasses. “The name’s Brendan Birch, retired Hoenn Champion and a member of the Hoenn Pokedex Holders, and you’re dead,” he announced before charging at the two intruders along with Aggron.

CSI Miami reference much? That's all I have to say.

Flame Battler: Eagerness got me again I guess, I have a bad habit with it. The Pikachu thing was a slight mistake I meant to put Pichu but Pikachu was gonna appear a couple of paragraphs later so I got ahead of myself on that one. And yes Charizard's unconscious, in truth the next chapter is basically so that the teachers and Brendan mostly actually get a chance to show their prowess and their reason they're qualified in the first place.

The Noobio: I just couldn't resist on that last part and Brendan's pretty prideful of his title actually.

I LOVED IT! Are we going to see A.D. in action again? And are the baddies going to underestimate Agatha?(I'd like to see that!) And finally: Pyrgon is Awesome. Is the link thing (you didn't overdo it in my opinion) the only way it becomes Pyrgon?

We finally have donphan which is awesome and another evolution for chigon but is it only alagon whos going to have a second stage or will all of them

Wait a minute

Instrutilus said:
“You’re an idiot, but it wouldn’t hurt,” Brendan looked at both Incendio and Neptune with a glare as he took off his glasses. “The name’s Brendan Birch, retired Hoenn Champion and a member of the Hoenn Pokedex Holders, and you’re dead,” he announced before charging at the two intruders along with Aggron.
CSI Miami reference much? That's all I have to say.

Originally posted by Instru...whut?

Wow, epic conclusion to the battle!

Waves of energy began to surround both Reggie and Alagon as two things happened at that moment. The first thing was that Reggie’s and Alagon’s eyes began glowing with a shade of blue, giving them a more menacing look as Reggie finished standing up.

Is it strange that I imagined this to be like when they power up on Dragonball Z? haha

Very interesting, the thing where the trainers felt their pokémons pain was well written, though there could have been a bit more depth to it, sometimes it wasn't fully clear.

At any rate, this somehow looks like it can only get better, even after these epic battles!!

along with a Phanpy a small blue elephant Pokemon with large blue ears and a small nose who seemed as if it was about to collapse and a Rhyhorn a rhinoceros like Pokemon who was covered in a metallic armor; which was preparing to charge forward.

Holy run-on, batman!

Place a comma after Phanpy, a comma after collapse. Semicolons aren't used unless a transitioning word isn't available: which "which" is. Delete it, and start a new sentence. Delete which, replace it with "Rhyhorn".

Also, hypenated rhinoceros like (rhinoceros-like).

He had a straight black hair and a smirk on his face that showed how confident he was.

Show, don't tell! We already know he's confident from the smirk, so why say?

“I’m not giving up, you can count on that, even if I suck at this,” the boy on the other side panted, apparently tired as well.

Once again, show, don't tell! Does someone pant if they're not tired? Not last time I checked.

“Phanpy is unable to battle, the conclusion of this battle between Reggie Damon and Jack Harman end with Jack’s victory,” the referee called out pointing a red flag to the kid wearing the yellow uniform who was obviously Jack.

A comma is needed after "called out". Also, once again, show, don't tell. We can infer that the kid wearing the yellow uniform is Jack if the referee is pointing to him when declaring the victor.

Something I'm picking up here is massive repetition. Work on it.

(name) did (action) as (other action happened). You've said that multiple times within a few paragraphs. Let me give you an example.

He fell something wet hitting his face. “Damn it, not now,” he grunted as it started raining. He turned to his right to see Jack and his friends run off while the rain fell on Reggie like there was no end to it. “Not another loss,” he sighed putting his hands inside his pocket as he started walking out of the arena.

First of all, "fell something wet". Think you meant felt?

Second, "he grunted as it started raining". That makes sense, but it doesn't sound very pleasant: it's not a very good transition to telling the reader it's raining. Something like, "he grunted, realizing it was raining", works better: it doesn't imply it started raining AFTER something wet fell.

Third, there's a part of this I just noticed that needs to be fixed, so I'll move on to that.

he sighed putting his hands inside his pocket as he started walking out of the arena

• 1: Put a comma after sighed.
  • 2: "putting his hands inside his pocket". So, he put both his hands inside one pocket? Wouldn't that be rather... awkward?

This is Reggie Damon a student from the Charizard Flame Dorm who goes Pokémon Element Academy a prestigious academy for trainers who seek to improve their skills in battling, coordinating, breeding or Pokémon science.

Comma after Damon, comma after Academy.

The academy is famous for all the great students that come in and come out to become great people in the Pokémon World; because of this the school has a lot of funds and it’s one of the best Pokémon Academies in the world.

Once again, semi-colons are for use when there is no transition word available. You can change this one into a regular :.

The school is divided into five dorms, each dorm representing a Pokémon and an element; the students in each dorm are classified for their wills, if a student has the will of a great battler and aims to become so they’ll be put in Charizard Flame.

Okay, okay.

Delete the semicolon. The first sentence is better on its own. Delete the comma after wills and replace it with a period: this also works better on its own. Hit enter afterward.

Students that have grace and want to either become Coordinators or Doctors go into Roselia Grass, students that want to become breeders or aim to be gymleaders are put in Pikachu Thunder

Start a new sentence after Grass, and also hit enter.

In-turn, with all these changes, the list will appear as the following:

The school is divided into five dorms, each dorm representing a Pokémon and an element. The students in each dorm are classified for their wills.

If a student has the will of a great battler and aims to become so they’ll be put in Charizard Flame.

Students that have grace and want to either become Coordinators or Doctors go into Roselia Grass.

Students that want to become breeders or aim to be gymleaders are put in Pikachu Thunder.

As for students that want to be scientist and students who are aiming to become pro instead of travelling and competing like normal trainers are put in either Blastoise Aqua or Houndoom Dark.

Much easier read than...

The school is divided into five dorms, each dorm representing a Pokémon and an element; the students in each dorm are classified for their wills, if a student has the will of a great battler and aims to become so they’ll be put in Charizard Flame.

Students that have grace and want to either become Coordinators or Doctors go into Roselia Grass, students that want to become breeders or aim to be gymleaders are put in Pikachu Thunder.

As for students that want to be scientist and students who are aiming to become pro instead of travelling and competing like normal trainers are put in either Blastoise Aqua or Houndoom Dark.

Ain't it?

Each dorm has its own building in a different corner of the island, all of the dorms are linked through the main building which looks like a giant white castle with different elemental symbols on the insignia through a transparent tube, student’s can take the tube and travel through the building or the dorm through a special cart that’s on the rails in the tube.

Replace the comma after island with a period: in other words, start a new sentence. You're making this a hell of a run-on.

Place a comma after building, after insignia, and after "tube" start a new sentence. Student's should be Students.

Each dorm has its own building in a different corner of the island. All of the dorms are linked through the main building, which looks like a giant white castle with different elemental symbols on the insignia, through a transparent tube. Students can take the tube and travel through the building or the dorm through a special cart that’s on the rails in the tube.

Once again, much easier read, huh?

Reggie Damon is one of the students that goes to this academy, having been announced as a Charizard Flame as soon as he came to the school he thought he was do for great things; until things took a turn for the worst.

After "school", start a new sentence. Do should be due.

luckily his student fee is gonna be paid of

Gonna is slang. It should never be used in writing. Going to.

It’s been a month since classes started and since the dorms have friendly matches to see how the students are progressing Reggie decided to compete, unfortunately he has lost every single match he has participated in and due to his lack of skill and wins not a lot of people have opened up to him.

Put a comma after progressing and a period after compete. Then, of course, capitalize the U in unfortunately.

“You’ll catch a cold if you stay under the rain for too long.” She said as the two started walking.

Replace the comma after "long" with a period, and lowercase the S in she.

“Yeah, I just thought you left, I mean who would want to spend their afternoon with someone that can’t even win one match,” Reggie sighed looking away from the girl. “You’re too kind to me Miko.” He said with a pouted lip.

You can either delete the "He said with a pouted lip" all together, or make it a full sentence on its own without the "He said". Something like "After he finished speaking, he pouted his lip."

“You know what your problem is, you don’t have confidence, how do you expect to win without it,” Miko frowned while looking at Reggie who backed away a little from her. “You’re a Charizard Flame, you need confidence I mean that’s one of the reasons why you were accepted in the dorm isn’t it?”

Okay, instead of that comma after "how do you expect to win without it" should be a question mark. It's a question, after all.

A period should be after confidence in the second sentence, then a comma after "mean".

“I like to think so,” Reggie shrugged; honestly he didn’t know how he could get into Charizard Flame; although over the course of the month he thought of various reasons, the best one he came up with was the fact that he didn’t qualify or wasn’t skilled enough for any of the other dorms. “Why do you care anyways?” he asked.

Put a comma after honestly, delete the semicolon after Flame and begin a new sentence.

“And then you fell over your chair, that was funny,” Miko started laughing getting Reggie to frown, during the first day of school Reggie had forgotten his pencil and thus had to ask for one once Miko was about to give it to him he tried to reach it but his chair slipped from the floor and caused him to fall off; ever since then the two have been friends. “I have to be around you so that you don’t do any stupid stuff.”

Okay, replace the comma after funny with a period. It's okay to do this as the sentence afterward stand on its own...

Replace the comma after frown with a period, thus starting a new sentence. We're breaking up yet another run-on here,

Place a period after "once", to further break up the run-on.

“You’re blunt,” Reggie and Miko both stopped as they looked at their dorm buildings. There were two buildings one was a four story building colored with red and white painting and the other one was white with red painting. Between the two dorms there were two small bridges connecting them to a middle building that was shaped like a dome, Reggie and Miko could see through the windows of the dome, that was the dorms Pokémon Center and the place where the students usually hung out while not in their rooms.

Replace the comma in the dialogue with a period. Hit enter after the dialogue ends.

Place a comma after buildings.

Place a comma after bridges.

Delete the comma after the first dome, to make the next bit the beginning of a new sentence. This is yet again to break up a run-on.

"dorms Pokemon center" should be "dorm's Pokemon Center", as dorms is the plural of dorm, while dorm's is possessive: the Pokemon Center belongs to the dorm.

“Well, let’s go in,” Reggie and Miko both walked inside the building, the building looked like a normal Pokémon Center, the counter was in the center of the building and around it where various couches and seats. There was a small path leading to a restaurant on the corner and a flat screen TV on each side of the center.

Be consistent. Just noticing this. If you end up using Pokémon instead of Pokemon, use Pokémon throughout the entire story, or if it's Pokemon you use, use Pokemon throughout the entire story.

Anyways, make the period after "in" in the dialogue a period and hit enter after the end of the quotation marks. Replace the comma after the first "building" with either a period or a colon: either works.

“Weird, normally you don’t find this place empty,” Miko said as she put the umbrella back. “Not even Nurse Joy is here, she must’ve gone to pick something up by the main building,” she pointed out and started walking towards the counter.

You need to work on this. When dialogue is done, there's no need to repeat a second "said" phrase.

In other words:

"Hi," the boy said. "My name's Ian!" Ian shouted excitedly.

Does not work.

But, "Hi," the boy shouted excitedly. "My name's Ian!"

does.

So...

“Weird, normally you don’t find this place empty,” Miko said as she put the umbrella back. “Not even Nurse Joy is here, she must’ve gone to pick something up by the main building,” she pointed out and started walking towards the counter.

Works as

"Weird, normally you don't find this place empty," Miko pointed out as she put the umbrella back. "Not even Nurse Joy is here. She must've gone to pick something up by the main building." She started walking towards the counter.

Which reminds me: change the comma after here to a period and thus start a new sentence with "She must've".

“Good thing I asked her how to work this thing now we can heal your Pokémon.” She jumped past the counter and went to the healing machine.

Comma after "thing".

Okay, I'll admit. I'm not finished yet. But I'm too friggin' tired to go through this further: I've spent an hour and a half.

It's an interesting premise for a story. Really. I've never seen it done before (albeit I've never looked, but still). I'll get to reading the first chapter later.

But, no offense, your grammar is absolutely atrocious in this prologue. I hope it improved over time: and if not, have you considered getting a beta reader?

*sweatdrop* Checkin' in later,
- Ian

Yeah I already know the grammar in the prologue was really bad, and I did have a beta reader, but I've been taking too long in writing the chapters that by the time I'm done my deadline's already knocking on the door and I don't have time to give it to someone for them to read.

And so, here begins the Darkness Rises arc, this is also the arc where the main plot is finally set into motions as previous events and plots are tied including
Darren's story

This chapter probably has some mistakes in it because I took longer than I expected, I had a lot of homework to finish this week.

Chapter 30: A New Battle Begins

Brendan and Aggron charged at both Neptune and Incendio. Incendio grinned as he grabbed a pokeball on his belt and threw it on the ground, sending out a large boar-like Pokémon into the field the Pokémon had orange skin which was covered around the waist by a large black armor with golden symbols, it had fist-like black armor on its hands and long white claws, it also had a black tail and a pair of long fangs on its mouth. “Enboar use Flamethrower on that pile of steel.”

The large pig opened its mouth and fired a powerful jet of flames, however Aggron put its arms forward as it turned into a completely metallic colored, blocking the jet from doing much damage. “Iron Defense,” Brendan grinned.

“That won’t be enough to beat us,” Brendan gasped as he saw Neptune appear from behind him a large quadruped, blue sea lion-like Pokémon. Long, white whiskers that extended from its snout and head, and on the back of its head was a large, rounded beige helmet-like shell with spikes and a spear-like, pointed protrusion in the front. Its underbelly was covered by a dull bluish gray seashell-like carapace, and its limbs were covered with beige, sectioned bracer-like coverings, looking as if comprised of seashells with forelimbs’ bracers that looked like a sword. The lower two segments of the bracers lookd like scabbards. And the upper segment seemed to make up the sword handle. The Pokémon had three digits along with a fin-like tail. “Samurott use Boiling Water.”

Samurott fired a wave of steam, except that it turned to its left before hitting Aggron and collided with Enboar’s flames, increasing the heat in them and causing them to go through the Iron Defense and burn Aggron. “This is our combo,” Neptune grinned.

“I’m still here,” Grayson grabbed a pokeball strapped to his army belt and threw it. The large muscular man grinned as his Hippodown came out of its pokeball and roared. “Sand Tomb,” Hippodown slammed its foot on the ground causing it to sink along with Neptune and Samurott. “It won’t be easy to defeat us, use Sand Storm.”

“Good work Grayson,” Brendan grinned before turning back to Incendio. “Aggron, use Earthquake,” Aggron slammed its fist on the ground, causing it to shake Incendio’s and Enboar’s side and making the two move back to try and avoid the attack.

“Amazing,” Reggie gasped, he couldn’t believe that Brendan and Grayson were both so powerful, he knew Brendan was powerful considering the guy’s a Pokedex holder but Mr. Grayson was a whole other deal, he didn’t even remember ever seeing the guy battle.

Brendan jumped up in the air and bounced off Aggron’s head. “Let’s go,” he raised the right side of his jeans to reveal a knife strap to a pouch, he took it out before spinning in the air and landing behind Incendio.

“What!?” Incendio gasped before being grabbed by Brendan’s arm around his neck and the knife close to piercing it, Enboar wanted to do something; but the knife was so close that it would pierce its master before the attack hit. “I thought Pokedex Holders weren’t so violent.”

“I’m not a kid anymore,” Brendan grinned getting a tighter hold on Incendio. “I’m not afraid to cut a man down if it means protecting everyone, only reason you’re not lying dead is because I need you to tell me what you two are doing here.”

“That’s golden, I like you,” Incendio laughed; happy he didn’t get to fight someone that went by the rules; he stretched his hands out and grinned. “Enboar, Flamethrower,” Brendan gritted his teeth as he saw Enboar fire a jet of flames at the two, now that its trainer had given the order it no longer matter if it hurt Incendio or not.

However before the attack could be fired Aggron slammed Enboar down on the floor with an Iron Claw; trying its best to keep the Pokémon down.

“I can’t believe all this is happening,” Reggie finally got back to earth as he grabbed Chigon and began running. He could now hear the screams of the audience as they tried to get away; while they were hearing the battle they still couldn’t see what was going on. “My friends and family, I have to find them,” he began running once more but felt his body being hit by a torrent of water as he rolled on the ground once more. Reggie looked up, noticing a Gastrodon standing over him. “Or not,” Reggie gritted; making sure Chigon was covered by his arms.

Gastrodon wailed, creating a large wave of dirty water behind it; the wave passed over it and began to fall towards the weak Charizard Flame student. “Crap!” Reggie screamed before feeling a wave of air passed by him and slash the wave in half. “What?” he asked himself while still gasping.

However it didn’t end there, the next thing that happen was Gastrodon being slammed against the floor by an Electivire, the fall causing a large sound that shook the field. “Nice work Electivire,” Reggie heard Jack’s voice approach before seeing Electivire coming out of the hole and a Floatzel jump down.

“Are you okay Reggie?” Reggie turned to his left, seeing Fin and Jack walking over; Jack had his hands inside his pockets as he looked over at Electivire. “We promised Miko we wouldn’t let you lie, and I don’t want her to hit me, I heard she hits one,” Jack spoke before stretching his hand out to help Reggie up.

“Guys, what are you doing here?” Reggie asked as he grabbed Jack’s hand and pushed himself up, however his body was still too weak and as thus Fin grabbed him and put his arm around his neck so that Reggie could gain leverage.

“After the explosion we all got worried, so Miko and the others led your family out,” Fin explained as the three began walking with the Pokémon. “However, when we heard the battle we decided to jump in and check what was happening.”

“Oh…” Reggie replied before remember something; Darren was still in the field. “Darren, we have to look for him, he might be caught in the cross fire.”

“Are you serious, that jerk, why would you want to save him!” Jack exclaimed; a bit insulted that Reggie would still give sympathy to a guy that’s been treating them badly; well that and he lost to Darren so he was still mad about it. “Besides, he probably already left, the guy’s a snake.”

“No…” Reggie shook his head at them. “He’s still here, I can feel it,” he replied, looking down at Chigon with a solemn look on his face. “I don’t know how, but since those last two attacks met each other, I’ve been feeling his presence.” He pointed out, neither Jack nor Fin could understand what was going on, but they sure couldn’t go against Reggie’s wish.

“Let’s go then,” the three changed course and began heading to the other side of the field.

“I can’t believe, I was fooled for someone as ungrateful as you,” Neptune gritted his teeth as he got up and looked up at Grayson who was grinning while looking down at the hole. “Samurott, Ice Beam!” Samurott focused a sphere made by blizzard currents before firing an icy blue beam up above.

Both Grayson and his Hippowdown moved out of the way before Grayson jumped on top of the ground type Pokémon. “Ungrateful, watch your mouth kid, I can kick your ass any day!” Grayson yelled as Hippowdown began to go down into the hole.

“That doesn’t matter, use Hydro Pump!” Samurott fired a powerful torrent of water straight at Hippowdown, the attack hit and sent Grayson falling off of the Pokémon, however Hippowdown submerged into the sand. “What?”

“Now, try to guess where my Pokémon is,” Grayson grinned, getting onto his fist and slamming Neptune down and away from Samurott. “Because it doesn’t matter, it’ll still beat your Samurott.”

Hippowdown resurfaced from the ground and opened its large jaw, ready to slam its fangs on Samurott. However the Pokémon knelt down before raising its head, lifting Hippowdown up with its horn and throwing it away. “Samurott’s stronger than you think,” Neptune kicked Grayson on the gut and pushed him away before jumping up. “And I am too,”

Grayson groaned as he felt a wave of cold air crossing him, sending chills around his spine. “What’s going on?” Grayson asked as he saw the waves were coming out from Samurott.

“You see, Samurott has a special ability, or at least mine does,” Neptune chuckled as he pushed himself upwards. “It can freeze its surroundings, normally it would take a long time, but since we’re inside a hole…well you do the math,” he grinned before holding his hand out.

“You’ll see, Earthquake!” Grayson wasn’t willing to give up, ordering his Hippowdown to shake the ground with great force, causing sand to fly into the air as both Samurott and Neptune tried to stay on their feet. “I’m not the Battle professor for nothing,”

“You’re giving yourself a title you don’t deserve,” Neptune laughed as he held his hand out. “Samurott, Shell Blade,” suddenly Samurott’s front and back bracers all fired different sword parts as well as the back of the shell on its head which fired a blade, once all the parts connected Samurott grabbed the sword with its right hind leg and jumped up.

“This attack?” Grayson gasped, forgetting what kind of attack Neptune was using as the sea-lion Pokémon fell down and slashed Hippowdown, making the Pokémon scream in suffering. “Hippowdown, use Crunch fast!” Grayson yelled, however Samurott slashed once more, making Hippowdown lose focuse.

“Now, Blizzard,” Neptune commanded with a loud tone in his voice, feeling the air get colder and colder by the second till the icy winds were visible to both Pokémon and trainers. However Hippowdown didn’t have a chance to look at it for long before it was frozen by the blizzard and Grayson was next; his legs and rest of his body beginning to freeze. “You’ve fought well old man, but you’re still not strong enough,” Neptune shook his head at him.

“I can’t believe, I couldn’t even protect my students,” Grayson put his head down in discouragement; he was just waiting for the ice to finish reaching him but then; something happened. Samurott gasped as it was hit by a powerful jolt of electricity, making it jump away and go back to its trainer.

“I figured someone as big as you sir would last longer,” Grayson looked up and gasped, seeing Lance and his Dragonite standing at the top of the hole. “We’ll take care of this guy for you,” He got on Dragonite’s back and flew into the whole before ordering Dragonite to fire a low Flamethrower; melting away the ice around Grayson.

“You’re Lance,” Grayson gasped, seeing the dragon master standing in front of him was enough to freeze him all over again; at least before he remembered he had to get out, he returned his Hippowdown and followed Lance’s order to get out of the hole and to go to a safe place.”

“Boy, now what am I gonna do, I have to face against the big bad champion,” Neptune spoke melodramatically, even putting his face on his hands and faked a cry. However while he was doing this Lance was already behind him with Dragonite.

“Don’t joke around, or you’ll die,” Dragonite fired a powerful jet of green flames straight at Neptune, however Samurott was already on it, using an Aqua Tail to defend its master against the hit. However it was unaware of Dragonite’s Thunderbolt attack and was hit once more. Lance jumped off Dragonite and spun in the air, taking off his cape and throwing one side while grabbing on to the other. The side he had thrown wrapped itself around Neptune’s hand and pulled him towards Lance.

“Shit,” Neptune gritted his teeth before being pushed and had Lance’s leg slammed straight onto its gut, causing the water type user to cough up blood. “How?” Neptune panted while wiping blood off from his mouth, at least before Lance pulled on the cape and threw him off.

“I may be old, but I’m still one of the strongest and more experienced trainers in the world,” Lance spoke, as Dragonite threw Samurott onto the floor, the fall raising a cloud of smoke. “Instead of thinking that you’re too strong or too smart for your opponents, prove it with actions, not words.”

“Enboar use Arm Thrust,” Incendio muttered under his breath, signaling his Enboar to raise its arm and punch Aggron straight to the jaw, this made the Pokémon move back in pain and shocked Brendan. However; this was what Incendio wanted, he took the chance and elbowed Brendan on the eye and jumped out of the grip before turning around and kicking the knife out of his hand. “You thought I’ll be so easy to catch, just because you’re a Pokedex Holder it doesn’t make you the best of the best of the best.” Incendio laughed menacingly.

Flames erupted from Enboar’s neck before the large boar Pokémon crashed with Aggron, its body had become surrounded by flames now as it pushed the giant steel creature back. “Nitro Charge,” Brendan muttered before throwing a kick at Incendio; the kick was dodged before Incendio threw a left hook however Brendan managed to block it with his own left hand.

“Is this all?” he grinned. Incendio grinned as well, kneeling down and punching Brendan straight on the gut with his right fist, this pushed the Pokedex Holder/Teacher back a little. Incendio charged once more but Brendan was expecting it this time, moving to his right and sticking his leg out, managing to do a back kick on Incendio’s testicles and making the trainer scream.

“That was low,” Incendio groaned while on his knees, he trying to regain his breath.

“Everything’s fair in love and war,” Brendan grinned before taking out his Pokedex and looking at Enboar to get some data on it. “I think I know how I can beat it now,” he smiled with a nod.

“Fuck, Devastate!” Incendio forced a yell out of himself, giving his Enboar the order to fired a powerful jet of crimson and yellow flames at Aggron. The steel type Pokémon gasped as it was enveloped by flames but just as it was surrounded, the flames were absorbed. “What!?” Incendio gasped as he saw a Blaziken standing in front of Aggron, the flames going inside its hands and legs.

“Good thing I left my Blaziken’s pokeball on the floor just in case,” Brendan grinned before running towards Incendio once more, this time the trainer decided to dodge the assaults instead of countering them. “Blaziken use Fire Punch,” flames erupted from Blaziken’s fist before surrounding it, it took its chance and struck Enboar and pushed it back.

“Now Aggron, use Iron Tail,” Aggron’s tail turned metallic before jumping over Enboar and slamming it. However Enboar contained the tail before lifting Aggron and throwing it. Aggron crashed with the floor; raising a cloud of dust.

“Now, Enboar use Heat Stamp!” Incendio roared, causing Enboar to jump up in the air and surround itself with flames. The flames began to concentrate till they turned into a large red sphere, with Enboar being in the center of it.

“That won’t work on Aggron, in case you didn’t notice,” Brendan grinned, he knew that Heat Stamp was an attack that relied on weight, and depending on how heavy or light the opponent is determines the level of damage they’ll get. Not just that but counting not only Aggron’s size, but its armor as well, it is one of the heaviest none legendary Pokémon out there.

“Who says I’m going for Aggron you moron!” Incendio laughed as Enboar moved to the left, aiming for Blaziken. Brendan gritted his teeth and began yelling for his Blaziken to get away; but it proved to be too late once he heard the large explosion ring in his ear and raise a ton of smoke from the ground

Brendan stared at the giant hole that had been made by Enboar, as well as the wincing Blaziken lying inside the hole; the Pokémon was holding on to its chest in pain and it seemed it couldn’t even amount the strength to get up.

“See, you should’ve paid more attention to what was going on around you,” Incendio threw his left arm to the left to blow a cloud of dust away. “Blaziken was the lighter Pokémon, so it should’ve been easy to figure out don’t you think.” He grinned. Blaziken was practically done and with one more shot Aggron would be too. That’s when it hit Incendio though.

Aggron was gone, it wasn’t in the same place that Blaziken had thrown it on, in fact in its place there was a large hole; which seemed to be going deep underground. “Shit, Enboar get away!” The command came to late though as a large fist came out of the ground and hit Enboar on its jaw; sending it high into the air before the giant armored dinosaur jumped out of the hole.

“You’re the one that should’ve paid close attention. Use Heavy Metal!” Aggron moved back before jumping at Enboar, its whole body turning into a silver color as it moved its fist back, it then threw it at Enboar hitting the Pokémon on the gut and sending it crashing on the ground hard.

Incendio gritted his teeth as the dust cloud settled, revealing the now unconscious Enboar. Incendio looked at Brendan and then at his two Pokémon, noticing that Blaziken had finally gotten back up and it was ready to keep going. *I could use some of my other Pokémon, but I have a feeling the result would be the same,* he thought as he stepped back.

“Hurry up you slowpokes,” Jack looked back at Fin who was carrying Reggie at the moment, they had finally reached the other side of the field, but because Reggie still wasn’t able to walk they had to wait for Fin; who was carrying him.

“Shut up, when you’re carrying someone wounded come talk to me okay,” Fin frowned at Jack as he and Reggie caught up with their friends. The three of them looked at a large black sphere that was standing on the same spot Darren was back during the battle.

“What’s that?” Reggie asked, he didn’t think any of Darren’s Pokémon were able to create a barrier like that; especially considering all of his Pokémon were practically knocked out. Then the sphere vanished completely, revealing Agatha and her Gengar standing over an unconscious Darren.

“Mrs. Shroud!” all three of the teenagers gasped as they saw Agatha, however this caused the old teacher to walk over to them and hit them with her cane, though she hit Reggie a little softer than the other two.

“Just Agatha is fine!” she exclaimed before walking back towards Darren. “What are you guys doing here, can’t you see things have gotten dangerous,” she pointed towards the cloud of smoke surrounding the field. Neither Reggie, nor Jack or Fin had been paying attention to the noises from the battles around them; but now that Agatha was pointing it out they had become aware to it.

“We wanted to make sure Darren was okay,” Reggie nodded his head before looking over at Darren. His mark was really thin now, in fact it was almost completely gone now. “I just wanted to check on him.”

“Well that’s good, but now we should go,” Agatha instructed; however a loud of explosion was heard from the inside of the stands behind them as the whole section was blown to smithereens; raising a large cloud of smoke. “Guess, I spoke too soon,” she groaned before seeing two figures pop out from the stands and land on the center of the field, making the cloud of smoke dissipate slowly.

“Now what’s going on?” Jack asked, turning to look at the direction the figured had landed. Reggie looked behind towards the stands, seeing Lucas and his Luxray walk out from the large hole that had been made.

“It’s you guys,” Lucas pointed out as he recognized, Reggie, Jack and Fin. “Get away, I’ll take care of this guy,” he looked at the center of the field as Zivok finished getting up, the man grinning as his Hydreigon floated next to him.

“We meet again Reggie,” Zivok looked over at a now frightened Reggie before turning to his sides. Poseidon and Incendio gasped at seeing their leader in the middle of the field.

“You’re not getting away!” both Lance and Brendan exclaimed before charging at their respective opponent; however the two mysterious trainers jumped over them and landed next to Zivok. “Shit,” Brendan gritted his teeth.

“We can still get him,” Lance signaled his Dragonite to stand behind him and prepared an attack. “We won’t let you guys escape this time.”

“Sorry, but, it’s already too late,” Zivok chuckled before looking back at Reggie and then at Chigon who was in between Reggie’s left arm. “You’ve gotten stronger, I’ve managed to see that much in this battle, and however, you are still too weak to defeat me.”

“Blaziken, Blaze Kick!” Brendan yelled, causing his Blaziken to charged at the three intruders, its leg surrounding itself with flames before throwing it at Zivok. Hydreigon got in the middle of the attack just in time though and fired a powerful Dragon Pulse that sent Blaziken rolling on the ground and crashing against the wall.

“I wish I could stay and fight, but…all in due time,” Zivok grinned before he clicked his fingers. This signaled Hydreigon to wrap its multiple wings around its master and his comrades before they vanished into thin air.

“They ran away,” Lucas sighed before returning his Luxray. “That guy Zivok…he attacked us while I was helping evacuate Charles, I don’t know what he wanted, but I’m glad I stopped him when I had the chance,” he explained before looking over at Reggie, curiosity was taking over him; what could Zivok want with this kid and his weird Pokémon.

“Well, it’ll be best, if we all just go now,” Fin looked over at Reggie; who was now unconscious; frankly he was surprised that Reggie hadn’t zoned out in all that time.

That night Reggie was resting in a hospital room that had been assigned to him, his forehead was bandaged as well as most of his chest and his left arm had been put in a cast. At the moment, all of his friends, and Carey were inside his room considering his parents had gone to hear a conference Charles would make for all the parents to tell them about the recent matter. “So, how are you feeling?” Carey asked Reggie while eying his chicken stake and mash potatoes.

“Not really hungry,” Reggie chuckled and gave the tray to Carey, he knew his little sister enough to know that she only wanted the food. “Go nuts.”

“But really, how are you feeling?” Miko reassured, looking at Reggie with a worried look. Reggie just turned to look at the wall and everyone in the room, one by one.

“I don’t know,” he looked down and began thinking about Chigon; who at the moment was in the Pokémon Center getting treated for its injuries. “I feel, like a lot’s change, but for the worst.”

“Don’t be so down!” Valerie exclaimed, taking a picture of him; the flash making Reggie jump back. “You’re alive and you didn’t lose against Darren, you should be happy about that,” she laughed; though in her mind she was worried about Reggie just as much as the others.

Then a knock was heard; causing everyone to forget about the serious mood as they wondered who it could be. Valerie walked over to the door and opened it, gasping as she saw Darren standing in front of him, he was the same as Reggie really; except that his right arm was casted instead of his left and his chest wasn’t as bandaged. “What do you want?” Jordan asked, getting up from his chair.

“Calm down,” Darren walked over to Reggie’s bed, his jacket wasn’t on, but it was instead hanging on his back and waving around as he walk. “I came, to pay my promise.”

“What?” Reggie raised an eyebrow before remembering the bet that he and Darren had made with each other. “But I didn’t win.”

Darren chuckled a little bit. “I know, but…I guess I just need to say it,” he looked over at Valerie who nodded her head with an approval look on her face. “I’ll tell you, the reason why I want Chigon and how I got this mark in my right eye,” he stretched out his left hand to Reggie. “And in exchange, I’ll ask for your assistance in the upcoming battle.”

To be continued

End of Chapter 30
Next Time: Gather the four Elements

So what did you think of the teachers finally getting a shot at the spotlight, especially Brendan. Also, some comments about the ending wouldn't hurt much either.

Finally, I may not be updating next week, mainly so that I can have more time to reread my chapters and to do homework and stuff, but there's also a chance I might update though.

:O
Darren asking for help, fully evolved Isshu starters, people kicking ass...
What more do people want in a chapter? haha
As you said, there are a fair few grammatical errors, but you seem to be willing to accept this to stick to your release day, so your choice. Personally, I'd more than understand if you simply let us know that the chapter will be a little late cuz its not quite finished or something.

The steel type Pokémon gasped as it was enveloped by flames but just as it was surrounded, the flames were absorbed. “What!?” Incendio gasped as he saw a Blaziken standing in front of Aggron, the flames going inside its hands and legs.

“Good thing I left my Blaziken’s pokeball on the floor just in case,” Brendan grinned before running towards Incendio once more, this time the trainer decided to dodge the assaults instead of countering them.

Hey, A.D's oft-used tactic (leave a Pokémon-containing Pokéball somewhere and have the Pokémon release itself and surprise the opponent) =3 =P

Nice chapter, Flaze. Very good read, I hope for the next chapter soon.

Great work of late, Flame. I will offer a longer review when I'm feeling a little better, but yeah...great work.

Nice chapter! Is the arc really going to end next chapter or are you going to drag it for another couple of chapters (Please!)

Man, I'm taking WAY too long to get to this!
This chapter was really amazing. The battling was just awesome, what with the whole Aggron Blaziken fight.
I especially liked the end, though. THe only issue I see is it seems way out of Darren's character to suddenly be nice like that. I suppose it has something to do with his and Valerie's conversation?
I really want to hear more from Darren! Great work!

Here's the second part of this new arc and the continuation to Darren's story. Now I'll admit, don't expect the whole chapter to be Darren's story like the first one, this one is divided into two parts, with Darren's story being the first part of the chapter.

Chapter 31: The Four Elements Gather

“Your story, and my help!?” Reggie gasped, he was astounded about Darren’s proposal, and that’s saying the least of it. Everyone had the same faces as well, except for Valerie who seemed like she was already expecting it anyways.

“Why the sudden change of heart?” Miko asked, deciding to be the first one to do something about the situation.

“I just…” Darren stayed in thought for a while, he still didn’t trust all of them completely, heck he barely trusted Reggie; and that was only because of Chigon. “I have a common enemy, as the saying goes, my enemy’s enemy is my friend.”

“And you expect us to just forgive you after all the crap you’ve made us go through!” Jordan exclaimed, jumping from his seat and scaring Carey, who wasn’t expecting the sudden blow out. “That’s utter and complete bullshit!” he yelled.

“Jordan, utter and complete are the same thing,” Fin narrowed his eyes at Jordan for a while, but he still agreed on what Jordan was trying to say; even if Darren was acting like it was true, they still couldn’t be completely sure of it.

“I think we should let him talk,” Valerie nodded her head, surprising everyone in her room. Carey didn’t know Darren very much so she didn’t really care, and Miko was curious to know if Darren’s back story had anything to do with the vision she had when the two battled.

“Everyone deserves a second chance,” Jack spoke, causing everyone to turn and look at him now. “While I’m still mad that I lost, I can understand how Darren is feeling, and those were the words you said to me Reggie,” he looked at the now thinking Reggie.

“He’s right,” Reggie sighed; though deep down he wanted to hear Darren’s story as bad as anything in the world. “I’ll accept Darren, I’ll help you out when the time comes,” he smiled and looked up at Darren, who in turn proceeded to sit back down.
“Okay then,” Darren sighed to try and calm himself down; he had to if he wanted to think back to that horrible and painful memory. “I got this mark back when I was travelling through Tohjo Falls….”

A younger and thinner Darren was limping through the harsh mountains around the Tohjo border, his face and body was all bruised up and his clothes were all thorn apart. “Crap,” Darren turned around, colliding with the rock wall; though at the moment he didn’t care as he just let himself slide down.

He took out one pokeball from his belt, he couldn’t rely on any of his Pokémon, Murkrow would get its wings wet, he had two fire Pokémon and his Pichu wouldn’t be much help. “Why am I here?” he asked himself while looking at the raining sky, drops of water hitting his face fast and hard.

He didn’t know why he was still going, he had heard rumors that he could find powerful Pokémon in Tohjo Falls, but that still didn’t get him any closer to finding the person that had killed Roger. “Is all this suffering just pointless in the end?” Darren looked down at his right leg, it was still bleeding from an encounter he had with an Arbok; after the Pokémon bit his leg he got lucky the poison hadn’t spread far enough that he didn’t had to cut his leg off.

Thunder ran out throught he mountains, causing the sound of them louder as rubbles began to fall down from the mountain. Darren groaned in pain; knowing that he would be crushed to death if he didn’t move, he jumped out of the way but tripped on the floor rolling around on the ground as he slid off thanks to the wet mud that was falling down and led him to the edge.

Darren quickly extended his hands, clenching on to the rocks as hard as he could as he positioned his left foot on the closest rock he could find. “Perfect,” he couldn’t take out Murkrow because he could lose his balance, and even if he didn’t he would still lose it now that the mud was still falling on him and would eventually make him fall off.

Darren looked around, he had to be fast and precise in what he was gonna do; using Murkrow was out of the way, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t get down safely. “I know I haven’t used you much, but, I hope your weight helps me out,” Darren grabbed a Great Ball that was strapped to his belt. He let go from the rocks and began falling to the ground with great speed. “Go!” he yelled, putting the ball in front of him as his Lairon materialized; allowing its trainer to land on its metallic shield.

Darren quickly signaled Lairon to fall towards the trees nearby, causing the Pokémon to shift its movements before colliding with the ground and sliding through it hard, creating a trail behind it and Darren. “At least we’re safe,” Darren groaned and returned his Lairon; it seemed hurt, and how couldn’t it be after falling from such a height but Darren didn’t care, he could always take it to a Pokedex Center when he was safe.

Darren began wandering around the small forest, he knew one thing though; he sure wasn’t in leveled ground, which is why he had to be careful where he stepped. Leafs began to rustle and wave around with the wind; which began to lift Darren’s hair as a strong current hit him, sending him falling. “What’s going on?” he asked before feeling the ground below him disappear and his surroundings darkening. Darren gasped, seeing a completely black surrounding; however the darkness began to extend out, almost as if to grab him.

“Get away!” Darren screamed, reaching for one of his pokeballs, only to find out he didn’t have any. “Where are my pokeballs?” his eyes opened wide as he realized he really didn’t have any of his pokeballs on his belt. “Get away, get away, get away, get away, get away!” Darren screamed with all his might, feeling the darkness envelop him and covering his body completely as if his soul was being eaten by it.

And suddenly, it stopped. Darren opened his eyes slowly, seeing a large rock in front of him, it was a wall to be more specific and it had various black markings all over; though Darren couldn’t recognize the pattern. “What’s going on?” Darren got up before seeing the wall shake and began to split in the middle. It was actually a door, and this realization came to Darren once he saw a large lit cave inside, there were torches on each side, they making a line that kept the cave or at least the entrance, lit.

Deciding that he should go with his curiosity, Darren quickly checked to see if his pokeballs were with him, and once he was sure they were safe and sound around his belt, Darren began walking into the cave. He looked around the walls as he walked, trying to make sure nothing weird would happen, after spending a day stuck in Solaceon Ruins he had developed a bit of paranoia towards caves.

Once he reached the center of the cave he was greeted by what he expected. There was a large portrait with letters written in Unown language, but the biggest thing of it was the drawing, a small dragon looking Pokémon with white fur and a red triangle was standing in the middle of a wheel, the wheel in itself was composed by different pictures, element pictures. Each one was different of course, there was one with a flame in it and right next to that one was a lightning mark, in the middle of the circle were a couple of waves crashing down on the shore and then on the left side leaves flying around in the wheel. And yet what caught Darren the most was the one on top. It was…completely black, no drawing, just nothingness.

“Welcome visitor,” Darren turned to look at his right. There was a man walking towards him, and old one at that, he had an afro-like white hair and a long white beard, though Darren was a bit scared out by all the black markings that were around the man’s body.“ The man spoke with an eerily voice; which made Darren step back.

“Now don’t be scared, the cave chose you after all, if not it wouldn’t have brought you here,” the man reassured before turning to look at the portrait. “I can see you’ve taken curiosity in that stone wall over there though; that’s good,”

“Where am I? Who are you? And what’s that?” Darren looked back at the portrait before turning to the old man with a furious look on his face. The man just began chuckling, low enough at first but it began to get louder till it turned into full out laughter. “What’s so funny!?” Darren shouted, not willing to have any more patience for this man.

“You’re like a little kid about to pee his pants,” the old man replied between laughter before walking closer to the portrait. “None of those answers matter, and you know that, the only thing that matters to you is power,” the man grinned before looking back at Darren. “The power to defeat…no, to kill the man that ruined your life.”

“How did you…” Darren wanted to say another question, but for some reason he felt himself pulled back to do so, the man got closer to him and then proceeded to grab his right hand. Darren felt a piercing pain crawl up his arm; and yet he couldn’t scream as the pain got stronger and stronger as it went.

“Don’t worry, it will all end soon,” the man chuckled darkly as Darren’s vision began to blur, it was too much for him and he knew it. After a few more seconds he couldn’t take any more of it and hit the ground.

Darren groaned as he opened his eyes slowly, he was sleeping in a dark room, made out of rocks; the only thing lightning his way was a small lantern that was next to him. “What’s go…” before he could finish the sentence he felt pain, mostly around his right arm. He looked down at notice that half of his arm was bandaged around.

“You woke up pretty fast,” Darren shifted his head to the door, where he saw the old man from before walking into the room. “That’s good, it means you can control the power better than the others,” the man giggled before putting a plate of rice balls down in front of Darren. “Eat up, but use your left arm,”

“What did you do to me?” Darren clenched his arm; ignoring the pain all together as he glared at the man.

“I gave you strength,” the old man replied simply, the tone in his voice obviously said he didn’t really care about Darren’s worries. “Is there anything else you need to know?”

“Yes, like, did you drug me or something you old fart!” Darren yelled, getting up from the floor before charging at the man. However, before he could do anything the old man stuck out his hand and lifted Darren before throwing him to the floor hard. “What!?”

“I didn’t drug you, you cheeky little brat!” the man yelled, fury visible in his eyes and voice. “Now, I suggest you start giving me some respect. Do you think you were taken here on your own free will, well no! Forces that you can’t even begin comprehend brought you here, because apparently you have potential,” he explained before grabbing one of the rice balls and taking a piece out from it. “I do make good rice balls,”

“What did you give me then?” Darren sat up; now feeling the piercing pain crawl back up to him. “Would you at least tell me that much,”

The man stopped chewing before cleaning some rice left over on his beard; he then turned around to look at Darren. “See these marks around my body?” Darren nodded his head silently; not wanting to infuriate the man anymore. “They’re called InstaLink, they’re sacred marks that give a human increased strength, speed and intelligence; but they have a more crucial point. This marks allow us to connect with our Pokémon to a full extent,”

“Full extent?” Darren raised an eyebrow at the man.

“Yes,” the man took out a pokeball from inside his robe, it wasn’t just any ball though, it was a Heavy Ball, a pokeball with a brown top and white under, with a special ability to capture powerful Pokémon; one that almost rivaled the Master Ball. The man enlarged the ball before throwing it onto the floor, causing it to open around the middle and send out a large mantis- like Pokémon. It was covered by a red armor all over and it had a couple of long red wings on its back, its main course of weaponry was its arms though; which were two pincer shaped claws. Its head was like a crown, since it had three crown-like bulges coming out from its head.

“A Scizzor,” Darren looked at the Pokémon before him, it seemed old and really experienced compared to his own Pokémon, just by looking at it Darren knew his Pokémon weren’t strong enough to compete against this one.

The man extended both of his arms as a black aura began emitting out of them; the aura scaring Darren as he moved back. “Don’t be scared, it won’t hurt you at least; well that’s if you learn to control it.” Then Scizzor opened its eyes wide before it hit the ground behind him with a powerful Metal Claw, the wall practically falling over. But that wasn’t what surprised Darren, it was Scizzor’s speed. While generally Scizzor are known as some of the fastest Pokémon, this one was too far from the wall and the speed it picked up made it seems as if he had just teleported or something.

“That’s just a little of what this marks can do though,” the old man nodded his head before coughing a little bit. “But, I’m not a young man anymore, so it takes a toll on me, and on you too.”

“What do you mean?” Darren asked, he was curious now; if there was something that could make him and his Pokémon this powerful he had to know all the details of it.

“The more you use your InstaLink the more life span it takes away, it also varies on how much power you use every time,” the man explained with a nod from his head before helping Darren up from the floor. “However, there is a Pokémon that will counter this draw backs, and you won’t lose lifespan if you use it with this one,” Darren perked up in curiosity, he there really was such a Pokémon, he had to catch it at all cost.

“The one in the portrait from earlier of course,” the old man nodded his head solemnly. “It’s a sacred Pokémon, one that went extinct many centuries ago, a Pokémon with the power to evolve into many evolutions and yet go back to its original form.”

“There can’t be such a Pokémon,” Darren gritted his teeth, feeling a bit deceived by this tales.

“Oh, but there is…” the man narrowed his eyes at Darren and sat down before him, he then began explaining to the young thirteen year old as the minutes passed.

“And that’s what happened, after that I began training under Neo’s orders to control the InstaLink, I also knew that this place was where the Dragonic Civilization used to be, so I decided to come here,” Darren explained before looking around at everyone in the room. All of them, including Valerie who had already heard the story were still shocked by Darren’s words, a mark that could link a trainer’s power with a Pokémon, and that Chigon was the Pokémon that went better with the InstaLink.

“Wow, I guess you used it in our battle then, when it started sending that dark energy out,” Reggie scratched his chin with his right hand as he looked at his friends; that was really the first time they heard about all these since he hadn’t gone into much detail about Chigon’s origins with them.

“But, if the InstaLink takes away your lifespan, how many times have you used it now?” Miko asked, she being the first one to talk besides Reggie ever since Darren began telling his story. “And exactly how much power have you used.”

“The battle with Reggie was the one where I’ve used the most power, if I count all the others I’ve done it about 20 times,” Darren replied with a simple nod and a serious look; though the others seemed to be more surprised considering their gasps. “By my count, at this time I’ll probably only live till I’m 45 and that’s if I stop using the power of the InstaLink; which I doubt,”

“Then, why use it so often then, and what’s your purpose anyway?” Marie asked, she looking serious as well as she leaned forward to hear Darren’s answer.

“I need to kill someone, the man that’s leading the events from this afternoon, Zivok,” Darren replied slowly before getting up from his chair.

“Where are you going?” Fin asked, getting up from his own seat and walking over to Darren. “You still haven’t finished telling us.”

“That’s all I know sadly,” Darren turned away from the group and opened the door to the room. “Thanks, for giving me the chance to speak,” he turned his head half around so that he could look at the group once more. “However, I’m not the type to become friendly with people, and besides, I don’t deserve a second chance,” with that he walked out of the room and closed the door.

Three days later Reggie, Jack and Fin were all walking towards the principal’s office, while classes had finally started once more, not a lot of people had gone, mostly because it was a good a time as any to play hookie. “What do you think the principal wants us for?” Jack asked, putting his hands inside his pockets. All three of them were back to wearing the normal uniforms, due to the fact the other ones were only for the tournament, and Reggie’s had been thorn off.

“I don’t know, but I sure hope he’s not going to scold us for not leaving the stadium when the attacks started,” Fin nodded his head, he was smiling due to the fact he was back to wearing a jacket without sleeves; though he still knew the situation was serious so he tried to hide his cheerfulness.

After a couple of more minutes the three teenagers finally reached the principal’s door. “I wonder where his assistant is?” Reggie looked around; since he couldn’t notice the woman that was always sitting in the counter right in front of the doors.

“Do come in please!” Charles’s voice was heard from inside the office, though it was good enough for the three to push the doors open. “Welcome everybody,” he greeted them with his usual charming smile and a tone to match.

“What’s he doing here?” Jack glared over at Darren, who was standing right in front of Charle’s table, Darren in turn glared back at them.

“Now boys, play nice,” Charles nodded his head before reaching into his drawer and taking out a boxy of Berry Bits, a very famous candy among the Pokémon regions. “Want some, they’re really good,” Charles opened the box before putting some candy on his hand and then letting them drop into his mouth.

“Why did you call us here already?” Darren asked, putting his hands inside his pockets.

“Oh right,” Charles chuckled a little; however his mood changed to a more serious one after he was finished laughing. “As you all should know, our school was attacked three days ago by a group of mysterious men, they’re powerful considering they even manage to hold their own against Brendan who’s a Pokedex Holder,” Charles began explaining before shifting to look at the sphere positioned on the left corner of his desk. “However, because Brendan has classes, and having two champions around the school, so, I’ve required to borrow your prowess,”

“Our prowess?” Reggie raised an eyebrow, not understanding what Charles was trying to say.

“You four were the best of the best in this year’s tournament, and even Lance and Lucas found you to have a lot of potential,” with this Charles got up from his chair before walking in front of the four trainers; putting his hands behind his back. “That’s why, under this impending threat, you four will join forces and fight for this academy,”

“Wait a second here!?” Jack exclaimed sticking his index finger out to Charles. “Why get into all this trouble, what the hell do these guys want with this academy,” Charles just grinned at him before looking at Reggie; this caused Jack to turn and point at Reggie before gasping. “Wait, you’re not saying,”

“They want the same thing I did,” Darren replied with a nod. “Their plan is to steal Chigon’s power,”

“Exactly, and yet that’s not all,” Charles shook his head at the four teenagers before sitting back down, he then spun his chair around so that he’ll be looking at the transparent glass; which gave him a view of the island. “They also want, the power of Shroud.”

At this all four trainers gasped, especially Reggie as the memories went back to him. He had already forgotten about the powerful spirit that had once taken over his body completely, and the spirit that gave him and his friends so much trouble. “Shroud is a powerful dark spirit, and their goal is to find a proper vessel that he can use his power on.”

“And you want us to stop them from doing so?” Fin asked before looking at Reggie. “It’s too dangerous, Shroud’s already possessed Reggie, what if he tries to do that again!?”

“Don’t worry about it Fin,” Charles waved his hand from side to side; so as to say that Fin didn’t have anything to worry about. “Reggie’s expelled Shroud, and his body won’t be possessed by it anymore.” Charles then got up and walked over to the drawer at his left. “Now, here’s something that I’ve made, specifically for this occasion,”

“What do you mean?” Reggie gasped as the drawer opened up, revealing a long sky blue blade with a golden colored handle and hilt, though it also had a black veil around the handle. Though there is something Reggie recognized, it was made out of Crystals. “That sword, it’s…”

“It’s a Crystal Sword, it’s name is Ryu Blade and it’s a sword made for Chigon,” Charles grabbed the sword before taking it out and beginning to walk towards Reggie. “With this sword, that’s made of Crystals altered so that they’ll never expire, Chigon can evolve multiple times, not just that but this reduces some of the time you have to wait before evolving him again,”

“Wow…thanks sir,” Reggie looked over at Darren who just chuckled; he knew that he wasn’t Chigon’s owner and that only Reggie had what it took to control a sword like that.

“Don’t worry about it Reggie,” Charles smiled with a nod from his head before looking out the window. “Now, you four the four best of this school, will fight together….your first mission will be right now, go to Rin Island,”

“Rin Island?” Reggie raised an eyebrow.

“Your Onondo and Azumarill will be out of battle for a while won’t they, and so will Jack’s Ivysaur and Braviary, which is why you will need to catch a Pokémon to take their place,” he instructed.

“Okay sir,” both Jack and Reggie nodded their heads before looking at Darren and Fin.

“As for you two, you will go to Kin Island and make sure to protect the ruins,” Fin and Darren both nodded their heads before the four looked at each other and turned around. “Good luck and I expect good things from you.”

End of Chapter 31
Next Time: The First Mission Begins

Dun dun....DUN so, what did you think of this new "union' between the main characters, a lot of battles are coming this way as the action begins for real on the next chapter, will Darren and Fin be able to fend off the Incedio and Neptune combo, don't miss it.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom